Chronic right side abdominal pain
I have had chronic right side abdominal pain for the past 2 years. I have had MRIs, CT scans, sonograms, blood teens, etc. NOTHING. The pain is constant, sometimes worse than others. I have been to many different specialists - and they have found nothing. I went to a gynecologist recently (even though the pain doesn't seem to correlate with my time of month), and she wants to do a laproscopy to check for endometriosis. I agree with her decision to do the surgery. It will let us clearly see everything that the tests have been missing. I have been doing some research - and came across chronic appendicitis. Everything I have read seems to go along with what I have experienced. In fact - the other day, my GP said "If you were anyone else, I would check again for appendicitis". When I had the CTs and sonograms - nothing came up. What I read about chronic appendicitis says that it can be difficult to pick up on. One of the only ways to do this is through laproscopy. Since my GYN is doing a laproscopy - is it possible for her to remove my appendix or do I have to go to another surgeon for that???
Side note: I also have eosinophillic esophagitis, but my gastro doctor says it's unlikely that the right side abdominal pain is coming from this.
If anybody has any ideas or recommendations - they are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I don't have answer for you but I;m experiencing the same thing. Although not for the past 2 years. I'm having really bad lower abdominal pain on the right hand side, and in the middle as well as right side lower back pain. Sometimes it's just a dull ache then other times I'm bent over in pain because the lower abdomin is soooo painful. The doctors don't know what mines is either. At the moment I've put on IBS medication to see if that helpd because the doctor thinks it could be an inflamed bowel. I however don't think this. I have suspicions that it could be endometriosis too but I can't go back until I try these meds. I hope you get some answers, I really know how you feel.