Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chronic right side pelvic, hip and low back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been experiencing chronic right side pelvic pain for 4 months.  It is about 2-3 inches off my hip.  It seems to radiate down my pelvis, across my hip and into my low back.  I am now experiencing an almost numbing/tingling feeling down my right leg.  I have been to both my gyno (for an ultrasound to check ovaries) and to my GP.  He ordered a CT scan to initially rule out appendicitus.  Then we did an upper and lower GI, a colonoscopy, and an MRI on my lower lombar.  All tests came back negative.  The pain is getting worse and is impacting many aspects of my life!  My GP has said he's done doing diagnostic testing and I should return to my gyno to rule out endometriosis.  I have not been in any kind of accident, had any surgeries or have had any serious illnesses.I am not having any other side effects expect fatigue (I assume from the chronic pain).  The pain initially presented as a sharp pelvic pain and has literally grown from there.  Any thought or suggestions out there?  I'm extremely frustrated.
Wow...I would have sworn I wrote this myself!  I have had same thing for 1 month.  Had vag. ultrasound, my gyno diagnosed ruptured cyst, as there was some fluid on the pelvis and I had had previous discomfort during ovulation.  He also ran a urine sample, which came back neg.  Said ultrasound showed no signs of any tumors or cysts.  Still had hip pain, almost a burning sensation, pain down right leg and lower back pain.  She feels it is muscular and recommended going to Phys. Therapy if pain persists.  She also felt I was "very" anxious and some of the pain may be brought on by tense muscles.  Said she would order an abdominal CT if it would make me feel better.  So far I haven't done this.  Pain is still somewhat there and hits at odd times, not only during some type of physical move.  Tired of Dr. bills so I will give it some time.  Hope you feel better soon.  Are your pain symptoms the same?
Im suffering from the same symptoms all the same test including a laperoscopy..ruling out endometrioses... they have been giving me depo shots for about 10 yrs to help with the pain and now its not responding to the shots which they have been giving me 6 wks apart.. they cant find anything.. i feel like im loosing my mind, they just give me pain killers and send me home... I cant live like this, is there anything else that that my doctor is missing, ive gone to gyn's and family doctors... Please anything information would help
Thanks for your comments.  I am seeing my gyno about a laparoscopy for possible endometriosis.  I don't have many of the symptoms, but my doctor said he is done doing any diagnostic testing.  Someone else suggested that I may have injured my pelvic wall muscles or my hip flexor muscle.  Has anyone heard of that as a possibility?
I have been going throught the same thing minus the low back pain. My pain is between the hip and belly button and gets so bad I have been to the emergency room.  I have a bicorneate uterus and maybe endometreosis.  The cat scan only showed that at one time I had a cyst and now I have some fluid on the right side.  I have been told the same thing take pain medications, but I was once an active person and have a 2year old.  I also lost 2 pregnancies in the last 7 months.  I really would like to find out what is going on.  Laproscopy is scheduled in 3 months. If you have any ideas please let me know.
I have also had this pain that I originally thought was severe menstrual cramps.  But it lingered in my right hip.  I had a cat scan, pelvic sonogram and and MRI (which only gave me a rotator cuff injury, gee thanks).  The only thing that was found out of all of this was a small cyst and a quarter sized gall stone.  None of it really explained my hip pain.  Taking 800 mg Ibuprofen did not help.  Then, suddenly, it went away for about 5-6 months.  Now, the pain has been back in my hip for the past 3 weeks and I am having difficulty walking.  I really thought I was going crazy until I read your comments.  I wish we could all find the person with the right answer.
Could be emotional or diet. Diet plays a big part
Ive had all those symtoms (symptoms). Pain on my right side, swelling etc
Some women need hormone treatment and others need to change their diet and thinking.
Endo feeds off milk products, meat, flour and white bread. It wont go over night but if u stick to eating well it will go. Oh yeah alcohol is no good either. Remember u r what u eat.
i hae had the same pain also off and on for about 5 years, i just wanted to ask ,have any of you had tubal ligation i had it 8 yrs ago after i had my daughter and seems like my periods are alot more painful and i have pms really bad and low back pain off and on  and pain in my abdomen on both sides worse ion my right side ,curious to know how many other women have had the same pains mentioned above if any have had a tubal ligation, please let me know , thanks , Bonni72
it is most likley arthritis..in the back area.  
I couldn't believe this when I read this. Except for pain down the leg, (which Thank God I don't yet have) these are exactly my same symptoms and yes I had a tubal ligation in 1984 and after I had a child in 1991 (obviously it didn't work the 1st time), I had a 2nd one. This pain is excruciating at times (mostly w/movement) and dull but radiating when at rest, seated or laying down. It makes you think your right ovary is involved because of the way it radiates, but it is most likely your sciatic nerve (inflamed). There is an excellent explanation about it on you tube and exercises that can help. Tonight, try putting a pillow between your knees. If you get relief from this simple step, there is a very good chance that you too have an inflamed sciatic nerve which branches across the buttocks and hip and just radiates the pain till I can't even concentrate or even bend down w/out wanting to cry. I use Vicodin when the pain gets beyond me and naproxen sodium (about 660mg) before working my 2-10pm shift on nights I can't take something stronger.
You have to get the inflammation down first, if you take Ibuprofen or any NSAID, you must take it consistently every 4 hours or so, so the inflammation can't build up, for approximately 24 to 48 hours...after that take it just when the pain returns. I've also noticed from trying out different diets, mine seems to decrease amazingly when i stay on a low carbohydrate diet....after a while it gets a little boring and I'll try a regular diet only to suffer a flare up. There is a lot of good information one can obtain in regard to sciatica and what we are all up against. Best wishes to all the fellow sufferers, I share your pain.
I have had the same symptoms and went to the Dr to no avail - so finally i read something about the problems with white bread and sugar and the benefits of bean diets. I switched my diet completely and i have to tell you, the recovery has been nothing short of miraculous. I eat beans every day - more than 50 percent of my diet. Lost my body fat - I was not fat before, I feel a million times better. I have a hard time believing it myself.
Be creative the way you cook your beans and try this diet - you will be very glad you did.
Did anyone ever find out what it was???? This is litturally killing me 4 months now i cant take no more alll same symptoms..
A related discussion, Right Hip Pain was started.
I have the same thing started with "menstrual cramps", i also get pain by the belly button, and i have been having lower back pain, i cant stand up straight and as i am posting this i have a horrible pain on my right hip as well as my right side between abdomen and hip? I haven't seeked treatment because it comes and go and its probably just muscle spasm?