Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chronic stomach problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chronic stomach problems

I have symptoms of IBS and ?? but never diagnosed with it. I have no pain usually with this and it is violent and uncontrollable to the extent that I do not make it to the restroom, therefore soiling myself. I have an incontinence problem with urine and wear a diaper in case. This diarrhea is making my life that of a hermit. I am afraid to go any where and I do not know what to do. I have been to a gastrenologist and still no luck. I thought it might be chrons disease, but I do not know.Then someone mentioned Cauda Equina Syndrome. I have practically all of the symptoms. Can anyone help? Does anyone know about this? Thanks for any help you can give me.

When the spinal cord ends near the first lumbar vertebra in the lower back,it forms a bundle of nerve fibres below it.This bundle of fibres is called cauda equina. An extreme version of nerve compression or inflammation is cauda equina syndrome

Fecal and urinary incontinence are one of the features of cauda equina syndrome.Others being pain and numbness in the lower limbs.Diagnosed by X-ray or MRI spine.
Medical treatment options depends on the underlying cause of the cauda equina syndrome.You can learn more about this syndrome from the following website:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/cauda_equina_syndrome/article_em.htm

Other causes of fecal incontinence are heavy intake of beer, Irritable bowel syndrome, damage to the pudendal nerve during childbirth,ageing (aging),medicines like mesoprostol and Orlistat (Xenical).

Pls consult a neurologist/gastroenterologist to rule out the above possibilities as treatment will depend on the cause.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

this could  be IBS, but it seems unlikely. Another illness that could cause stomach problems is coeliac disease, which is an auto immune disease tiggered by an intolerance to gluten. When someone withe coeliac (also spelled celiac) eats gluten it damages the lining of the small intestine, the immune system trys to help but makes things worse, hense the name auto immune. Because of the damage to the lining of the intestine sufferers cannot absorbe nutrients well.