Cold, Red upper arms!!!
I have cold, red upper arms for years now. Also my palms are always red. Can somebody explain to me where this comes from.?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are two things that should be ruled out. One is nerve compression and the second is peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes and hypothyroidism. The other possibility is  a peripheral vascular disease. Please consult a neurologist and you may need nerve conduction studies for this. Also if these are ok, you may need dopplar studies.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I have the cold red upper arms, have had for as long as I can remember.  Sometimes it turns purple too.  I was told that the purple color can be cyanosis, which is where not enough oxygen is getting to the blood.  I was told the red arms were caused by the blood vessels being too close to the skin.  However, if you are worried, go to the doctor.  If your arms stay cold constantly, they may need to check your circulation.
Keratosis pilaris rubra... My wife has it too.