Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cold Chills and Shaking with occasional hot flashes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold Chills and Shaking with occasional hot flashes

I have epilepsy but have been doing okay with medication.  I have had some seizures and falls lately.  I have had some concussions and contusions.  I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem...probably not.  I do not have diarrhea.  Lately, I have extreme cold spells or shaking and occasional extreme hot spells. I have long passed menopause. I have cartroid artery disease and ataxia.  My vision is also a little messed up.  It seems as though I am having extreme mood swings.  I have had my thyroid checked recently.  Can you give me a little assistance?
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
746288_tn?1232936920
My father sometimes has these symptoms, too. But heres the thing. He's got Diabetes. He hasn't had a seizure before, that I know of, but this could be something also to do with your Appendix. My fathers was, very green, and he could've died. Now he wears a pump, and he's been doing fine, so far with it. Maybe you should check the doctor, to run some test's for anything unusual, going on with the symptoms you've been worrying about. That is about all that I could possibley know. You should check soon, just in case.  
                                           Signed,
                                                  Robo4112
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Chronic diarrhea can affect the level of the drug in your body. Hence this can precipitate seizures at a dose of medicine that was earlier effective as the drug is not absorbed properly. Since you also have carotid artery disease, chances of TIA or transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Otherwise it could be due to nerve compression very high up in the cervical vertebra. Please consult a neurologist. You may need to undergo MRI of the brain or cervical spine.
You must also get your thyroid function tested.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage, without examining you. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank