Cold Chills and Shaking with occasional hot flashes
I have epilepsy but have been doing okay with medication.  I have had some seizures and falls lately.  I have had some concussions and contusions.  I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem...probably not.  I do not have diarrhea.  Lately, I have extreme cold spells or shaking and occasional extreme hot spells. I have long passed menopause. I have cartroid artery disease and ataxia.  My vision is also a little messed up.  It seems as though I am having extreme mood swings.  I have had my thyroid checked recently.  Can you give me a little assistance?
My father sometimes has these symptoms, too. But heres the thing. He's got Diabetes. He hasn't had a seizure before, that I know of, but this could be something also to do with your Appendix. My fathers was, very green, and he could've died. Now he wears a pump, and he's been doing fine, so far with it. Maybe you should check the doctor, to run some test's for anything unusual, going on with the symptoms you've been worrying about. That is about all that I could possibley know. You should check soon, just in case.  
                                           Signed,
                                                  Robo4112
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Chronic diarrhea can affect the level of the drug in your body. Hence this can precipitate seizures at a dose of medicine that was earlier effective as the drug is not absorbed properly. Since you also have carotid artery disease, chances of TIA or transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Otherwise it could be due to nerve compression very high up in the cervical vertebra. Please consult a neurologist. You may need to undergo MRI of the brain or cervical spine.
You must also get your thyroid function tested.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage, without examining you. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.