Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cold all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Cold all the time

It feels like my body is shivering all the time and the only thing that helps is walking. I'm always freezing cold and very sensitive to any type of breeze or airconditioner.  Also have a rash (3 months) on my Stomach that comes and goes mostly stays. They did two Biopsy on the rash and both can back okay. It's all driving me crazy!!! I've had a MRI of the Sprine & Brain and tons of blood work that all came back fine. They also checked for Lyme's Disease and thyroid can back OK. I have all the signs of depession and Anxiety but I think its all due to not knowing why I'm freezing and having this electric shock feeling through my body (mostly from my Stomach up). They put me on prozac 20mg. three weeks ago thinking it was depression but I'm still freezing to death and the prozac didn't help.
Anyone have any throghts on this?
Thank You!!!
1 Comment

have they examined you for something called as cold urticaria yet?

cold urticaria is an allergy where rashes or large red welts form on the skin after exposure to a cold stimulus. The welts are usually itchy and often the hands and feet will become itchy and swollen as well. Hives vary in size from about the size of a pencil eraser to as big as a quarter or larger. They may be even be formed after a cool breeze as mentioned in the post.

You may mention this to your doctor who would then be able to examine you on this basis.

you may find more information at:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_urticaria

Let me know if this helped you.