Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cold sensation in right hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Cold sensation in right hand

Lately I've been having these strange episodes.  I will be washing my hands, in the shower, or something similarly involving water, and my right hand will begin to feel very strange.  It feels kind of cool and tingly, like my hand and forearm are coated in a strong peppermint oil.  It doesn't feel numb or pins-and-needles, just that strong, cold, menthol sensation.  It isn't painful at all.  Usually this will last anywhere from 45 minutes to a number of hours.  It has happened about four times in the past month, every time having to do with water, and only in the right hand.

I have no idea whats going on, and I'm a little weirded out by this.  I can't afford to go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary, and I don't know if I should even be worrying about it.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be?

Two possibilities are there.Firstly,it can be multiple sclerosis.It is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system, leading to demyelination Disease onset usually occurs in young adults, and it is more common in women.

Second possibility is of raynaud’s disease.It is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities which include the fingers, toes, nose and ears when exposed to temperature changes or stress.

It is very difficult to make a diagnosis without examination,but you can consult a neurologist and discuss these two possibilities with him.Thorough neurological examination and investigations will be required to confirm it.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

So both of those sound kind of... not good.  I suppose I better make an appoiontment then.  Thanks so much for the insight.   I really appreciate it!