Coldness down left side of body
My friend keeps getting a coldness down one side of her body. Dr's were not able to say what it was. She's been to a homeopath, recieved medication for it, condition stopped for a short while, however has come back with force and she is starting to feel weak and emotional about the whole thing. She has three children, runs a house, works in the family shop 4 days a week and is feeling run down by it all. What can be the cause of the coldness, she feels normal on the right side, just gets a sudden chill on the left, no matter how warm her house is.
Could it be related to tension, emotion, exhaustion or nervous system?
I can provide her contact number if you would like to talk to her directly about the different symptoms she is feeling.
Louise
I can totally sympathize with her: the condition persists...yet life continues on and she has numerous responsibilities. I am wondering if this is a neurological condition and would be better served visiting a neurologist.
I have the same thing for the past year - i get goosebumps/chills only down my left arm and leg (sometimes entire left side).  I have been to a neurologist, and tough they have never heard of this, it did all start once I started having complex migraines.  They put me on a small daily dose of verapamil and it is a HUGE help.

I still get chills and weakness on left side but not consistantly anymore and it seems to strike when I get stressed or go through emotional trauma.  The right side has never experienced any problems...
OMG! I've been to neurologist about weakness on the left side of my body ..........not weak to the point I can't lift things, but floppy.
Then I get chills down the same side every now and then.
Neurologists took MRI of brain, CT  of Brain, etc. NOTHING
So he put me on Neurontin. Who knows. I find it depressing, and I get scared, because "I" know something isnt right. But hey.......Life goes on!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Just read through your post. Your symptoms could be due to spinal nerve compression high up at upper cervical vertebral level. The lesion may not be in the brain. An upper cervical MRI is needed to diagnose this.
You should discuss this possibility with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!