Complications Post Blood Donation
Never gave blood before, yesterday I did.  Fainted when I got to my truck.  Ever since, been weak, nauseous, chilled, then sweating, flu like symptoms.  Skin hurts.  Headache off and on.  Is this normal??
It may take about 2-3 days to get back to normal. Drink a lot of water and gatorade. Don't do anything strenuos. If the problems continue, you should go to the ER.
Sorry to hear about your experience giving blood. I work for a blood donation center, and although you had a reaction after giving blood, you'll be fine. Unfortunately, reactions do happen sometimes.

I would advise doing a couple of things:

1. Drinks lots of water and stay hydrated. Also, rest up and take it easy until you feel better.

2. It sounds like you had a reaction after you left the donation center/mobile drive? If this is the case, I would assume the organization that drew your blood didn't know you had a reaction? Call them and let them know what happened. They can advise you further. If you're concerned about your post donation symptoms, you should be able to talk to someone at the organization to ease your fears.

Your body will recover and you'll be fine. I know it's a scary and crappy feeling, but it will go away. Also, keep in mind that you've just done a great thing that will help save the lives of others in your community! Without blood donation, hospitals would not be able to function.
I donated blood/platelets today it wasn't the first time. I normally am tired and need to take a nap afterwards, but this time I am feeling weird. I'm short of breath and my lips are tingling like they do if you don't take enough tums during the donation is this normal???

Thanks for writing to the forum!
Take some fluids and some electrolytes like ORS. This should help. It is possible that you donated blood before the requisite three months gap. If symptoms persist consult your PCP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I donated blood at my highschool for the first time nd i was really tired afterwards nd dizzy wit constant headaches im still feelin that way is that normal to last that long?