UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Consistant Spasms near the groin
by seeker25, Feb 02, 2006
I came here because I find the symptoms a little embarassing. Foir the past week and a half I have been having spasms just behind my testicles, what feels like inside my crotch. At first I thoguht it was a random muscle spasm, probably brought on by stress or anxiety. But it has persisted for over a week now. It's very random, and every time I try to place my hand on my crotch the spams seems to subside. I thoguht maybe it could be diet. I have an allergy to Peanuts and have been eating Thai food latley, which is known to be cooked in Peanut oil (though the dish I order is supposedly peanut oil free). There is no pain when it happens, no no physical discomfort. It comes and goes in short bursts. I did have unprotected sex just before this began and my mind point to that as a possibility as well. My mind is whirling over possibilities of horrible things and I just want to under stand what the possibilities are. Thank you so much.
Member Comments (5)
by yeyey, Mar 05, 2006
i didn't see my post(apologize if this is one twice)

But I have the same thing that you're describing. Do you/anyone know what it is and what to do to stop it?
by yeyey, Mar 05, 2006
I have the same thing. What is the diagnosis? Please advise.
by embarressed, Feb 23, 2008
i am suffering from the same thing.  I have not had unprotected sex as my wife is 6 months pregnant... so that means no sex! :) and i have no allergies.  I am very stessed right now and suffering from other stress related issues... so... I think it is stress related.  But want to know.  It is more of an annoyance than anything else.  And it bothers me.  Not for pain or discomfort... but simply because I dont know what it is.  Is there anyone reading this that can help?
by darlingdivatx, Feb 23, 2008
While it could be stress and anxiety, I would recommend you contact a urologist just to be sure. Usually when you have a spasm it's neurological in nature. A lot of metabolic things can cause spasms too like tetany, low b12. It's possible you have something like that and its just showing up in a discreet place. Talk to your doc. No need to be embarrassed. There are a lot of other things that doctors see that are far more embarrassing than what you are experiencing. Doctors are use to this kind of thing.
by azs, Oct 23, 2008
I've been experiencing those symptoms as well, can't say that I am worried, but it is frustrating. My guess is that its stress related, Funny thing is that my eye used to twitch when i was stressed and now that is gone and the twitch moved way down... I will probably run this by my doc and will post then.
Bottom line, I am not worried.
by ALOU919, Jun 15, 2010
A related discussion, Groin Perineum Kegel Muscle Spasm Twitching was started.