Constant Low-Grade Fever
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody has experienced either a constant low-grade fever, or a recurring one.  My normal body temperature is between 97 and 98-degrees; however, for the past year and a half or so I have gotten a recurring low-grade fever.  For the past six weeks, it has not gone away.  I've asked two doctors about this and the first chocked it up to the fact that I never sleep.  (II'm sleeping much better now, though.)  The second said that unless your temperature is over 101, it's technically not a fever.  My temperature now usually ranges between 99.2 and 100-degrees, which I realize isn't that high, but I feel awful when its elevated.  I've also noticed that when I do very light house work (i.e. vacuuming, hanging clothes, dishes, etc.) my temperature goes up about a degree.  I don't feel like this is normal, especially since I don't feel well when my temperature is up, but the doctors don't seem concerned.  Anyone have any advice?  I have my physical this week so I'm going to mention it, but I'm afraid I'll just get blown off like I have in the past.
I joined this site today having read others experiencing the ongoing low fever and fatigue. Put tags: low fever and fatigue, in the search bar and you will see others experiencing same. I have had this only ten days and was scared and embarrassed and just so tired of it! I can only imagine you feel the same and more. I am calling my doc tomorrow to let her know that I am still having these symptoms, but I do plan to go back to work tomorrow. We will see how that goes. Some of the contributors on this sight recommended different tests to try. One was Lyme's Disease. I have been checked for mono and strep--both negative. I have had this befor and it took FOREVER to feel normal, I think about three weeks. However, after reading entries on this site of people who are experiencing these symptoms for 1-2 years I am feeling a bit better. Please post our findings and I wish you well.
You should be checked for Lupus.  it has many symptoms and low grade fever is one of them.
Thanks, Cheryl & Silverfox.  I actually had mono 10 years ago and it took me about eight years to feel normal again.  I was constantly fatigued after having it, taking naps anytime I had a day off.  I know that can cause Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so sometimes I wonder if I may have that.  I will look for these tags you mentioned; thanks for the info!

Silverfox, I have said a few times that I wonder about Lupus, but after checking into it, people generally have a rash and / or joint pain as well.  I don't have any of that, just the fever.  It may be worth looking into, though.