Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant Low-Grade Fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Constant Low-Grade Fever

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody has experienced either a constant low-grade fever, or a recurring one.  My normal body temperature is between 97 and 98-degrees; however, for the past year and a half or so I have gotten a recurring low-grade fever.  For the past six weeks, it has not gone away.  I've asked two doctors about this and the first chocked it up to the fact that I never sleep.  (II'm sleeping much better now, though.)  The second said that unless your temperature is over 101, it's technically not a fever.  My temperature now usually ranges between 99.2 and 100-degrees, which I realize isn't that high, but I feel awful when its elevated.  I've also noticed that when I do very light house work (i.e. vacuuming, hanging clothes, dishes, etc.) my temperature goes up about a degree.  I don't feel like this is normal, especially since I don't feel well when my temperature is up, but the doctors don't seem concerned.  Anyone have any advice?  I have my physical this week so I'm going to mention it, but I'm afraid I'll just get blown off like I have in the past.
I joined this site today having read others experiencing the ongoing low fever and fatigue. Put tags: low fever and fatigue, in the search bar and you will see others experiencing same. I have had this only ten days and was scared and embarrassed and just so tired of it! I can only imagine you feel the same and more. I am calling my doc tomorrow to let her know that I am still having these symptoms, but I do plan to go back to work tomorrow. We will see how that goes. Some of the contributors on this sight recommended different tests to try. One was Lyme's Disease. I have been checked for mono and strep--both negative. I have had this befor and it took FOREVER to feel normal, I think about three weeks. However, after reading entries on this site of people who are experiencing these symptoms for 1-2 years I am feeling a bit better. Please post our findings and I wish you well.
You should be checked for Lupus.  it has many symptoms and low grade fever is one of them.
Thanks, Cheryl & Silverfox.  I actually had mono 10 years ago and it took me about eight years to feel normal again.  I was constantly fatigued after having it, taking naps anytime I had a day off.  I know that can cause Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so sometimes I wonder if I may have that.  I will look for these tags you mentioned; thanks for the info!

Silverfox, I have said a few times that I wonder about Lupus, but after checking into it, people generally have a rash and / or joint pain as well.  I don't have any of that, just the fever.  It may be worth looking into, though.