Constant Nausea Feeling
I am a 30 year old single mother. I started getting a nausea feeling along with headaches on the 26th April, 2011. I visited a General Practioner on the 30th April, 2011. I told him that I was feeling like I was pregnant. He did a pregnancy test and it was negative. I know I am not pregnant but I feel like I am. The nausea feeling is still there. The doctor told me I am probably coming down with the flu. He siad I was fine. He gave me a prescription for Gravol 50mg and Panadeine 500mg/8mg. I have taken these and I have gotten no results. I still feel the same way to date. I have lost my appetite and also a lot of weight. My pants are fitting really slack now. I am feeling a bit depressed and worried because I do not know what is going on. Last night I was getting a lot of pain in my chect. Whenever I get angry it hurts more. Should I see a Gastro doctor. The General one does not seem to know what is going on. I need some advice really fast cause I am losing my mind. I am going to school and I cannot focus. I want start back eating like I normally would. My weight is usually 125lbs and my height is 5"1. I am now weighing 110 lbs and still losing. Can someone please help me FAST. I need to feel better. Ia m not myself for the past few days since I have been feeling this way.
What you are having is chronic nausea and it can be due to stomach disorders such as gastroenteritis irritable bowel syndrome, liver/gall bladder disease, medications, inner ear diseases like labrynthitis, ulcers/gastritis, metabolic like diabetes, hypothyroidism and adrenal diseases or neurological causes. Cyclic vomiting syndrome is also stated to cause constant nausea.

I will sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get these possibilities ruled out one by one. You can take antacids or PPI blockers like omeprazole after consulting your doctor. Take an OTC lactobacillus preparation and yoghurt with your meals. Drink plenty of fluids and eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

A related discussion, Constant Nausea and Shaking Hands was started.