Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant Need to crack my bones and Joints

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This began almost 7 months ago. Almost the entire day from the moment i wake up to when i try to go to sleep i am having the need to crack my joints and bones like ankles i have to bend them to hear a cracking or popping noise to make like a numbing or pain go away it occurs like every 5-10 seconds same with my left side of the chest i try and breathe deep to make a popping noise and it dosent work and it becomes numb or hurts so i continue its emberessing it looks like im dancing or something i also have a constant need to crack my neck fingers and knuckles which is irritating really..irritating. The only time i dont find myself doing these things is during Sex and when i am completly asleep i really want this to end. i feel as if it intrudes in my life i cant even relax and stay still in my bed , bus , car ,running,walking,sitting etc. and wanted to know if its a disease or a mental illness more importantly is there a medication of some sort to take away these constant urges to crack and pop my bones and joints

This discussion is related to weird symptoms.
I have the same condition. I HAVE TO and NEED TO crack my wrist and ankle and shoulder joints CONSTANTLY! I'm so tired of this. This condition started abruptly ~ 7 years ago when I was in B school and gets aggravated when I am stressed. Even when I try to stop, I'm unable to and can't wait more than a few seconds if I feel the urge to pop a particular joint. Please let me know if anyone has found a cure to this or if there is a prognosys available.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Cracking of knuckles and other joints is actually a habit very difficult to do away with. An ache like sensation appears urging the person to further crack the joint to relieve the ache. Try calcium and a multivitamin supplement and see if it helps. Calcium supplementation often relieves the ache and thus the urge to crack the joints. Along with this go for regular manicures and hand massages to relieve the ache. Try and keep yourself occupied.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!