Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant fatigue

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Constant fatigue

I'm a 15 year old female, and I'm always tired. I sleep for 14 hours or more every day. I also space out a lot, and forget things very easily. In summer it's not as hard, because I can sleep all day, but during the school year it's really stressful. Waking up for school feels like torture, and when I get to school I always fall asleep in class, can't concentrate, or completely forget anything I've learned.

Sometimes I can't even remember conversations I had with friends only moments earlier. Friends think I can't hear well, because sometimes if they ask me a question, I have to ask them to repeat it, because I can't remember what they asked or spaced out and didn't hear what they said.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Fatigue could be due to anemia, diabetes, hypothyroidism or due to liver problems.
If you are also over weight, check out for diabetes and hypothyroidism. Severe anemia too causes water retention and weight gain. In women polycystic disease of the ovary too should be ruled out as it causes insulin resistance and fatigue.
Another possibility is sleep disturbances like sleep apnea, imbalance of rapid eye and non rapid eye movement sleep etc. You need sleep studies to rule this out. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
have you tried taking milti-vitamins and iron tablets? When i was at school, i had a lot of the same things happen to me. I found out i had anemia, so taking iron tablets helped me to feel less tired and more alert :) xxx
Avatar n tn
Personally I would try some exercise first...some jogging or swimming.. get active...if that doesn't help then seek more professional help.
hi saw yr post,

i was like you exactly like you 3 yrs before i was diagnosed with
hashimotos underactive thyroid condition. i am not saying this is what
you have obviously but it's worth looking into it.!!

take care
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!