Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant high pitched ring in ears for going on a week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

All of this started about two weeks ago.  For almost two weeks, I had strange sensations in my head -- not really a headache, but a sudden sometimes sharp, sometimes dull very brief pain, on the top or sometimes back of my head.  It would come and go.  Additionally I noticed that I felt very tired, fatigued and generally run-down.  Towards the end of the two weeks I developed this constant high-pitched ringing in my ears.  Even though the strange pains and sensations are not happening anymore, as well as the fatigue is gone - I am left with the constant ringing sound in my ears.  It is always present.  I thought of starting with an ENT doc, but not sure if that is appropriate. I don't have a GP and would rather save a step if something serious is going on. Any ideas?
Tags: ring, head, Running
The high pitch ringing is called Tinnitis.It can be caused by many things,a virus,medications,asprin.Neuological disorders.In many cases its benign.I have a neurological disorder and it was in one ear but now both.I beleive mine was induced and magnified by quinine poisoning.
To be on the safe side you should have it checked.I would start with a ENT.
It is annoying!
Thanks much for the reply -- I had scoured the internet for information due to my paranoia and learned the name of it.  It really baffles me that this came up all of a sudden - and I have convinced myself that its somehow related to the strange headaches and sensations I was having before this week.  Anyway, I guess I will never know until I get in to see a doctor. Hopefully the wait will not be long.  It seems like you agree that an ENT doctor is a good place to start.  As I type this now I have the ringing - - it's driving me nuts!!!  

Tinnitis is so annoying! I do think an ENT is a good next step. I had a sudden onset with mine about 6 months ago, its gotten much louder, its enough to make anyone insane, I KNOW! but there's ways of dealing with it. Let us know what the ENT says, in the meantime, people with tinnitis end up finding different ways of relief, rushing water (like a shower) and the car running seems to help me collect my nerves. Sound scape CD's help some people too. Keep in touch, there's lots of helpful hints, try running a search in the archives here, they got lots of tips.
Any updates here, I'm experiencing the exact same thing.
What happened, did it go away - I cant live like this!!!