Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant pain in lower right back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Constant pain in lower right back

I have constant pain in my lower back - right at the waist line on the right side.  This has gone on for the last 4 days.  I went to my doctor yesterday and he was sure it was my appendix and had me go for a cat scan.  The cat scan came out normal.  Since the doctor's office was closed by the time the cat scan was done, I went on to the emergency room (my doctor's suggestion).  The ran blood work and did a urine test.  My doctor had done a urine test also and said there was a small amount of blood in it, but the one done in the emergency room they said was clear.  The emergency room doctor could not find anything.  Said the tests on the kidneys, liver, etc. were fine.  He sent me home with pain pills and said if it continue it could be that I pulled something or to call the gyn and check for a cyst on the overies.  I would think that the cat scan would have checked the overies, but I'm not sure.  It does not hurt any differently whether I'm standing and doing anything or whether I'm sitting or laying.  The only time it hurts worse is when I bend to pick something off the floor and it doesn't hurt until I get almost to the floor - then a sharp pain.  Otherwise it is just constant pain - sometimes more painful than othertimes.  I know something is wrong, but don't know what and don't know where to go from here.  It hurts on the right back side right at my waist over to about the middle of my waist.  My stomach is a little tender and sometimes when I press on it, it feels like it hurts clear through to the back where the constant pain is.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
1 Comment
I could be alot of things, but the first thing that pops up into my mind is Chlamydia. I was infected years ago and had the exact same pain as you are describing.