Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Constant stomach pain/bloating/hot flashes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Im a 24 year old healthy active female but for the last month, i have been experiencing some odd symptoms that are freaking me out.

I wake up feeling sick to my stomach, if i drink anything in the AM, i get more nausea. I then burp and theres usually small amounts of vomit with it. I try to eat a few cherrios or bread to settle my stomach but it doesnt help much. My stomach is constantly upset. nothing, and i mean NOTHING is looking appitizing any more so my eating has declined.

In the AM,  I wake up and my clothes are soaked from sweating. I normally dont sweat at all. I also usually have on layers because im cold no matter what temp it is outside.... but now im dealing with heat flashes and slight fever.

I've taken 2 pregnancy test, both said negative. I just need to feel better . Quite frankly, im sick and tired of being sick and tired. I cant afford a Dr. right now and lack insurance. Anyone have any advice? any similar experience? ANY HELP?!
Sounds like you could have a hiatal hernia which could be causing GERD, which is relux disease. You should also be tested for H-pylori which is an infection of the stomach lining which can cause an ulcer. You should see a gastroenterologist. He will probably test you for that and maybe schedule and EGD or treat you symptomatic and see if you get better. Have you looked around for clinics which take you and you pay based on what you make? Also you can try over the counter acid reducers like Prevacid and see if it helps. But as soon as you can you may want to get tested. Best of luck to you!
Paula
Great answer Cosmogal.  I have GERD and am on Nexium permanently.  Surgery was advised by one doctor while I was in the Air Force.  But in civilian life, doctors have always said to avoid surgery if the condition is helped by medicines.

I don't know if this is done today, but at the time, the Air Force doctors put a tube down my throat with a recorder slung over my shoulder.  The tube had sensors all up and down it to register how high in my throat stomach acid crept while standing and sitting and sleeping.  it was very unpleasant but it DID help diagnose me with GERD.

By the way, if you DO have GERD, it needs to be dealt with ASAP.  Continued exposure to stomach acid can cause a change in the cell structure of the throat which can lead to throat cancer.  Doctors can stick a scope down your throat to see if the cells are turning pre-cancerous.  That is expensive though.  My result was negative.  You shouldn't have to worry about that if this just started with you.  But DO get it checked out soon!
Thank you! My husband works in this field and I have learned alot over the years. Doesn't hurt that I also had a hiatal hernia and gerd. Not fun! But I do know that H-pylori can cause alot pain and nausea. Taking Previcid over the counter will definately help prevent and ulcer and take care of reflux.