Constantly rumbling unsettled stomach
Hi. I have had a constantly rumbling upset stomach for nearly 2 months now. It started when I was on holiday with diarrhea (had this for about 2 days) and since then, it has howled. I can often feel bloated too and have a tightness right in the middle at the top of my stomach. I have been tested for tropical disease and had various stool and blood tests all of which have come back clear. I can't eat any vegetables, fruit and certainly no red meat. I feel totally desperate. Any ideas?
it does sound a bit like Iritable Bowl Syndrome or possibly a strong intolerance to a food. although this is just an idea, have you tried removing different foods from your diet one-by-one to see if there is a change?

if you did have either of those, then the fiber from the fruit and veg would make things worse and so would the red meat as it so hard to digest.

it is definately worth visiting your doctor as often as posible as having an upset stomach for so long, can itself cause serious health problems.

i wish you the best of luck, and i hope you find a solution soon.
Thanks so much for your help. I did something called a York Test - have you heard of it? - which said that I am have an intolerance to yeast, cashew nuts and slightly to gluten. I took an anti-acid last night which the doctor gave me and was up all night with diarhea. I am worried as I do not really know how much to rely on the York Test but so far it's the only thing that's given me any concrete answers. Thanks again.
do you think you might be pregnant? or maybe its IBS?
Hi Danni. Thanks for your comment. Definitely not pregnant! Thinking yes, it could well be IBS.