Cough/Chest Pain/Head Pain/Pressure/Ringing Ears??
Hi All,

For the past 3 weeks now, I've never been so sick, or felt so helpless. It first started off as a regular mild flu, I had a sore throat, cough, fever, but no vomitting. This lasted for a few days. After that, I started experiencing pain when breathing in deeply on my left side just under my breast. Coughing seemed to make it worse. After the first week because this pain was not getting better I went to the Doctor whom prescribed Amoxicillin. At this point I couldn't sleep do to this forceful chronic cough that was (and still is) uncontrollable while sleeping, I took everything under the sun to subdue it. After about mid-week of taking amoxcillin, one night I seemed to cough so hard it developed into pain behind my eyes and what I believe is my "upper" sinus? The pain is still (2 weeks later) very intense when I cough or even move my eyes, very sharp pain.. doesn't seem to relent with Tyenol or anything else I try. I went back to the Doctor yesterday, who explained to me my cough was likely caused by Post-Nasal drip, and gave me a nasal cortisteroid spray. Before taking the spray, I had no problem breathing through my nose, so I wasn't sure why he suggested that, but I hoped maybe the spray reaches your upper sinus in your forehead?? But apparently it hasn't, after using it last night, now I woke up this morning with the exact same symptoms.. I can barely sleep, and now I have bad ringing in my ears along with my existing symptoms?? I'm so frustrated and discouraged at this point, as Doctors don't really seem to care much, and always give you something to move onto the next patient. I should also tell you I did have X-Rays/EKG about a week ago, which I'm still awaiting the results on.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can relieve the intenese headpain/pressure/ringing in ears?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Bump

The symptoms that you are having seem to be due to chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis can be caused by infections of the upper respiratory tract,allergies and deviated nasal septum .Other suspected causes include mold or fungi in the sinuses.

Obtain needed out-of-door exercise, sunbaths, and swimming. It can also be treated using an antihistamine nasal spray.Corticosteroid sprays are also helpful but their long term use can cause  side effects.Better to use saline nasal sprays. However the golden rule for chronic stuffy nose is steam inhalation.Severe cases may require sinus surgery.Also get X-rays sinuses and chest doen to rule out pneumonitis.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Hi Kindd,

Thanks in advance for your reponse, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I actually have been rinsing lately with saline nasal sprays (irrigation w/ medical grade saline solution). The problem is, i'm not experiencing a runny nose, or even a stuffy nose, and can breath quite normal through my nose. That's what is making this even more confusing. Is your upper nasal cavity connected to your lower? Sinus x-rays are likely something that I'll need if this continues for much longer. I did have x-rays of my chest already which seems to be where the problem started, just awaiting results.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Cheers