Cough
Symptoms:
Sore throat 2 weeks
Runny Nose 6 days
Cough 5 days

I started a 3 day / twice a day course of Amoxicyllin and decongestant 4 days ago.

My symptoms have improved, but I still have a cough & sore throat & minor congestion.

I have been exposed to Tuberculosis this month and it has me concerned. Is TB typically a dry or wet cough? Does it involve runny nose / congestion? Does it affect the throat?

Do I need to just give this more time?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In your case the cough could be either infective or seasonal and has probably not been treated with right dose of medication. Amoxycillin is usually taken in a dose of 500mg taken thrice a day (1500mg/24 hr). If you have been exposed to tuberculosis this month then it is too early to be infected by it. Usually a person shows signs and symptoms of tuberculosis about 3-4 months after the infection.
The symptoms of tuberculosis generally involve a sore throat and a dry cough or wet cough with blood in sputum.
I would suggest you consult your PCP and get a X-ray of chest and take a proper course of treatment and see if the symptoms disappear.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.