Coughing Blood
Hello everyone

Today my girlfriend called me telling me she is coughing blood. I wanted to take her to emergency room but she kept telling me that she ran from school to her house which is like 20-25 min walk and it was very cold today and it like snowing crazy. Could be because of the fact that she was running and the weather was cold that she coughed blood? she said it wasnt that bad but when she spat she could see blood. She is very healthy and she usually doesn't cough and she has no medical problems. She never goes to a doctor and i know there is no way i can make her see one. So i just wanted to know if running and the weather could do something like this?

Coughing of blood is medically known as hemoptysis and I must tell you that it never occurs in a normal person and has got no relation with weather and exercise/running. Your friend should definitely take it seriously and must consult a physician as she might need certain tests like x-ray chest,blood tests to find out the cause of hemoptysis and ultimately decide about the treatment.

I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.