Coughing and something hanging in my throat
Not sure what this is, but I've been sick for the past 3 days, mostly just a cough, though yesterday I had a stuffy nose as well. Well last night before I went to bed I coughed pretty hard and it felt like something in my throat moved. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but this morning when I woke up it felt like something was hanging in the middle of my throat almost where my adam's apple is. Doesn't hurt or give me trouble breathing or eating, but it does feel weird. It's on the left side of my throat and when I swallow something it feels like it get's pushed out of the way a little bit. The only other thing to note was that it triggered my gag relex when I coughed earlier and cause my to vomit a little bit, but that only happened once on a really violent cough. Sorry this is vague, but any help on what this might be would be great!
About a month ago, I too had the feeling that something was hung in my throat.  I could not cough it up, &  could not see or reach anything.  My husband had complained about the same thing about two weeks before mine.  His was very painful though. Said that it felt like a piece of glass hung in his throat.  Mine eventually started hurting really bad, and turned into a large ulcer.  I then got more ulcers in the back of my throat.  They were very painful.  I didn't go to the Dr. but I assumed that it was strep throat.  I just kept taking Ibuprofen for the pain, after about a week they finally went away. This probably won't help you but it might ease your mind.
Ulcer? Yeah that didn't ease my mind. But thanks for letting me know. It hasn't been painful at all, but it's been getting a little bit better, but we'll see how i feel in a week.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.