Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Coughing chest/back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Coughing chest/back pain

for the last 2 weeks I have had a bad cough and chest and back pain, it is not getting better and there seems to be no cough syrop or medicationt that will work.  I keep getting dizzy as well not just while coughing.  I really don't want to sit at a clinic to find out I have a bad cold, but I am getting concerned that it may be more then a cold.  I have also been getting a fever off and on.  And no sleep due to coughing all night long
Tags: Coughing
I thought I might add, that it is getting harder to breath.  I seem to have labored breathing (according to my boyfriend), it hurts when I breath so it is hard to just do it.  Anyhow, I am just hoping there is some other way to help this, other then going to a clinic.  If anybody has any ideas...  i have tried a few things with honey (like in hot water, and in hot water with cinnamon), and honey in neo citron.  So far with no luck.  So if you have any ideas other then that... please I am getting desperate and don't want to go to the clinic or anything.  

Thanks,
Hi!!  Unfortunately I don't have any more ideas for you to try.  But if I were you I would reconsider going to see someone about this.  Your symptoms sound like they are getting worse and being sick for two weeks you should be getting better by now.  I am concerned for you that you either may have bronchitis or even pneumonia.  I know back pain is a very common symptom of pneumonia.  But if you're coughing a lot it is possible it's just your muscles that are sore.  What I would do if I were you is look up the symptoms of pneumonia.  Then at least you know what to watch for....hope you get better soon!!
Okay so ended up going to a clinic, on Friday night.  BF made me.  haha.  See the doctor for less then 5 mins, she prescribes Biaxin, Solbutamol and Flovent.  She barely asked any questions, listened to me cough and decided I had some sort of lung infection, and asthma.  After I started taking the meds, I actually started to cough something, and twice it came up, but it was like chunks of blood.  So gross, makes a gross taste in my mouth, and generally when I cough it sounds like I should be coughing something up but nothing actually comes up.  Anyhow, I am still taking the medication, not sure why it made me cough blood, but we shall see what happens, I have all this medication for a week!

Hopefully it works.
Oh gosh!!  I am really glad you went to the doctor!!  Sounds like you went just in time.  I hope you start feeling better real soon!!  Coughing up blood can be a sign of pneumonia!!  Not sure what the difference between pneumonnia and a lung infection is.  But either way sounds serious.  Take care of yourself and get some rest.  Glad at least now you know what you're dealing with!!  ;-)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A cough is generally a result of an irritant such as stomach acid (gastric reflux), mucus (asthma), hair spray, perfume, dust, pollen, mold, even spicy food (all for allergies, it could also be a perfume or spray at home), post nasal drip, or infection. All these have to be ruled out one by one.
Ideally you should consult a chest specialist. Once the tests for allergies are back, you will come to know if you have any allergies. If it is due to air conditioning, you will have to use a humidifier. If it is due to asthma, then proper treatment will have to be done. If mold is the culprit, then you will have to get your house checked for the source.
Also any cough persisting beyond 2 weeks can also be due to tuberculosis or cancer. Hence it is a must to consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
So I went to my doctor and now have to get blood work and a chest xray.  Hopefully soon this will work out.  Still coughing, my head and back and chest are killing me from all the coughing.  However I am hopefull that I will get better soon.  Thank you for your help.  I talked to my doctor about the things you mentioned.

Niknak
Well I am finished the Biaxin and have been using the puffers for a while now, and still coughing.  I am not sure what else to do.  I went for chest xrays which I am assuming are fine since I haven't heard anything yet.  I go see the doctor in a few weeks again so I am not sure if I will miraculously be better by then.  but I have discovered some mold in my bathroom that I am getting rid of now.  Perhaps it has something to do with it.  I can't remove it right now, because I have to wait until the kids are away for the weekend.  I have been looking it up and I do not know what kind of mold or if it is the cause of my cough, but I will find out I guess soon enough.  I just hope that I can stop coughing soon.
Glad you are getting help.  Sorry that you are still feeling sick.  Hopefully they will be able to find something the helps you soon!!  Good luck and get well soon!!  ;-)