Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Coughing that causes vomiting attacks???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi.  I don't really know where to start.....Hmmm, OK,  I don't have any food or air born allergies.  I also don't have a cold and haven't for a long time.  
I do have this cough though that sometimes starts with a tickle or just pops out of no where that is so violent that it causes me to get sick. This has lasted for a few months; but, now is getting bad because it's been causing me to get sick now for the last couple of weeks.
PRIOR History:  
My lower back has been verry sore for months and still is.  I had ex-rays done and I guess my back is fine.  
My chest hurts and I get stabbing pains.  Cardio Dr said my heart cath came out ok.
I've had a lot of stress over the last few months in which was so bad in July I seen a gastro Dr for my IBS acting up.
He gave me pills to take that helped and when the stress eased some, I didn't need them anymore.  I do have a appt. for a colonoscopy (due to prior polyps 18 yrs ago+) and a endoscopy because of this cough that at first I just thought was from smoking.  
I get muscle pains threw out my whole body this time of year when the temperature starts to drop and I'm usually cold to the bone and therefor I have to use tissues often cause my nose is runny.  My feet and hands are also cold; but, sweaty.
The back of my throat looks a little red and my uvula is longer than it usually is.  It lays on my tongue a little now.
My stomach often hurts and is sore and bloated.
Tired often anymore.  It's hard to sleep with coughing fits.
Hopefully if I go threw these two test they will answer something as to why?
Sorry if this was all too much information.  lol  
Anyone out there have these issues or a clue on what it could be?
Tags: Coughing causes vommiting, Coughing, vomiting
Sounds like Reflux or GERD.  Try taking Probiotics and enzymes. IBS can cause coughing as the acid tickles the upper part of the esophagus.  The coughing can become severe enough to make you vomit.
I should have added on there:  I take a long list of Rx drugs for heart, thyroid, edema, cholesterol, and pain spasms.  Lately I have added Acidophilis and Pepsid AC to the list.  My test are at the end of this month.  Scared to death to go threw another colon test though.  Ouchy.  Thanks for the reply.
Hopefully between those two test they are doing, it will give me a answer for this problem.  I'm just so tired of being sore and tired.  (HUGS)
you sure you dont have asthma  you need to go to a lung specialist.. thats where i took  my son.....or something more serious....