Coughing up bad tasting brown to yellow phlegm
I’m a 51 yr old single male living alone. I was a heavy smoker for 30 to 35 yrs and finally managed to quit almost 3 yrs ago.  I had thyroid cancer and had to have it removed a little over 5 yrs ago and I’ve had high blood pressure controlled by medication for several yrs.
   For the last 6 weeks or so I’ve been coughing up this very nasty tasting, thick brownish to a light yellowish color phlegm. It’s similar to what I coughed up for a while after I quit smoking but that didn’t taste this nasty. I’ve also been feeling very bad, ache all over with no energy like I’ve been down with the flu or something. I’ve also been breaking out in a heavy sour smelling sweat like it’s very hot in the room when its not. Also after sitting for a while and I stand up and take a few steps I start to get very light headed and weak and a few times I have found myself lying on the floor afterwards.
   Last week I saw my doctor that removed my thyroid cancer to see if it had come back or something like that. She run the little camera thing up my nose and down my throat. She said that it might be some sort of infection in my throat or top of my lungs and gave me an antibiotic to take for 10 days. It’s been ten days and I’m still coughing up this gunk. I went in to see my regular doctor yesterday but he didn’t do anything about it either. He just listened to my lungs and said that it didn’t sound like I had pneumonia. Then told me to stop taking one of my blood pressure pills and come back in 30 days and that was it. So in other words, it was a total waste of time to see him and as usual he was a know nothing idiot.
   Any idea of what’s wrong with me and what I should do about it?
For starts, get rid of the "no nothing" idiot.

In my opinion, sounds like Bronchitis or Pneumonia; definitely a bacterial infection.

What antibiotic did the "thyroid physician" prescribe?

I would recommend you going to a statcare/ER.  You need labs, a chest x-ray and another antibiotic for starts.