Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Could This Be A blood Clot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Could This Be A blood Clot?

I have been having pain in my right leg for over 2 weeks and its gotten worse, its mostly in my groin its sharp pains that come and go.  I have also have my pain that comes and goes in the back of my thigh when I stand.  Also have experienced right and left calf pain and twitching/muscle spasms in my right leg.  I just had an ultrasound on my leg that came back normal, but could it still be a blood clot?  My doctor told me to take ibuprofen and follow up with her in a month even though I told her its getting worse.  What else could this be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your symptoms sound more like a nerve pain with probably a pinched nerve in lower spine and other superficial branches getting pinched in groin area. You should get nerve conduction studies and MRI of lower spine done. Consult a neurologist.
Take care!

Its seems like your doctor is treating as a torn hamstring. If you've never had one before they are hell and if you don't take it easy they get worse because you will pull and tear your groin next. It will takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks to heal. If you don't start feeling a little better by then I'd tell your doctor you'd like to see a Specialist for a Second opinion. Take Care.
As suggested above by a doctor it could be a pinched nerve. Could it be a blood clot? Not that you should worry that it is, but people get blood clots in their abdomen that affect the legs. Did they do an IV/Contrast as well to rule out blood clots else where in the body? Your description does not show any reason to be concerned. Yet, I would give it some time as your PCP asked and follow-up asking for another opinion as I previously suggested. Take it Easy!