Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Cramp / Thigh Pain
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cramp / Thigh Pain

A few nights ago I woke up screaming in bed with a sever cramp in my leg. I usually get small ones in my calf that go away when I stretch the muscle, relax myself, and drink water. This one was in my thigh, but on the inside part just above my knee.  I've never had a cramp there before which is a much more "tender" location. It was bad enough to wake up my wife and have her try to straighten out my leg. It lasted for at least 15 minutes maybe even a half an hour.  It finally eased off, and I drank tons of water and tried to sleep the rest of the night while it felt like it fluttering, like it could happen again. It didn't. The next day I felt like I got hit with a fastball (Im a baseball guy!) or a punch right in that spot and it hurt to flex the leg and push off like the muscle was pulled or sprained by the cramp.  Its been 3 days now and today I have pain in the middle of my thigh on the front of my leg, like in my quad, which is odd because the quad was not initially effected nor had it bothered me in the 2 days since the big cramp. I am a 30-yr-old semi-active male in relatively decent health and I would like to know if it is possible to sprain or pull several muscle groups in the leg during an event like this...or if there is something else I should be worried about? Thank you in advance for helping me with this question.