Cramping and tingling on left side below ribs
I am a somewhat active guy who plays in some sports leagues throughout the year.  A few weeks ago while playing I felt a burning pain near my spleen.  It has continuted and goes away then comes back - sometimes tingling other times feeling like cramps.

Hello Eagles fan,

The reason for pain may be an injury. Youmight have hurt yourself while playing. Otherwise, the muscle in that area might have strained while playing. The possibility of splenic injury is very thin. It does not last this long without any other symptoms.

If the pain and tingling persists despite taking mild analgesica, then you may contact your GP.

Please get back to us if you have further queries.

Regards
I notice it most when I'm sitting at my desk.  sometimes it's a cramping (burning) sometimes it's the tingling.  It could have occured while playing tennis - appreciate the help.  Also, I fell down the steps about 5 weeks ago - my med school friend said I probably irritated my siatic nerve - I've been taking about 6 advil or aleve a day since then - could this play into it?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, it could be muscle injury or a nerve pull. It can also be shingles. It could also be a case of severe acidity. You can take over the counter antacid tablets to control this. Omeprazole 20mg too is a good choice.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!