Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cyst on and in anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Cyst on and in anus

Last week I had a virus (temperature and diarrhea) for three days. The diarrhea, which lasted a good four days, left my anus very sore. Now I have a piece of skin which has swollen to four times its usual size on the outside of the anus and the inside. It was very painful for two days - walking, sitting down and sleeping. Now the pain is going but it is still uncomforable and still swollen. I am wondering if this cyst was created while I had diarrhea - I imagine it was - and if the blood will evacuate the sheet of skin itself. If this is the case, how many days will it take? Is this a usual side effect of prolonged diarrhea?

Thank you for your time,

J - in the UK