DARK GUMS????
ok so im 22 and i notcied my gums are darkkk!!! idk if this is serious.i wanted to post this on the dental forum but i couldnt so im posting it here.hopefully someone out there can help me!!! i dont have any pain in my gums or teeth.they are just really dark.and bleed when i brush them.im aware that thats a sign of gingivitus.and i know to get rid of it just keep brushing.what i want to know is if or how i can lighten my gums .i know they have tooth witners.but what about gum whitners???? any information would really be helpful!!!
Hi, If your gums are inflamed I should imagine they are bound to be red. Why don't you try something like corsidol mouthwash . This is what the dentist prescribed for one of my nephews and it worked a treat. You can buy it over the counter and its for gingivitus . Hope this helps. Take Care.
From what I've read it could be a pigmentation issue. This is not a problem but is treatable and is a simple 30 minute procedure- if the appearance is bothering you. You should see a dentist to rule out any other problems.

Take care
Gotta floss, to lick the gingivitis.  Its yucky, but it works, and if you get regular at that bleeding should clear up.
I look white as a ghost but I have one great grand mother that is african and other that is native.dentist said I inherited the dark gums through genes. :-)
Hi, I'm very concerned about my gums. I am in need of root canal right now and in a great deal of pain. I have noticed just over the last few years my dental health seems to be declining. About a month ago I found I had diabetes, today I noticed my gums are darkening. I am 49. Unfornately, I am without insurance right and trying to figure out how I can get some help. I'm very concerned that my dental health could lead to some serious health issues if not resolved. My gums have generally been pink; there were times my gums grew darker during smoking, but I quit smoking they would renew. Any thoughts or comments.
i am a bit concerned lately about my gum.
on my lower jaw i noticed yesterday that my gum under just 2 teeth have become brown.
so what should i do?
thank you
Hi I just saw this message board -- and was recently treated for this

If you have dark or pigmented gums you should contact a specialist who can help treat it ... gum specialists or periodontists can help (but most of them don't treat pigmented gums ) -- i had my gums treated and it really helps me feel more comfortable smiling....--- i traveled to see Dr Farnoosh in Los Angeles because he basically invented the procedure and was published.

you might want to look at his website :

http://www.thetotalsmile.com/gums/treatment.cfm
Im 24 and developed dark gums very suddently i noticed the difference within a couple weeks. Im caucasian and natrally have very light pink gums. Im wondering if this is some sign of gingivitis or some other more systemic disease? Any link between liver disease and gums? I used to drink alotALOTalot and found i can no longer drink at all because i get so ill.
I am a 26 yr old male. i noticed about 6 months ago my lower gums where starting to darken kinda a purple color. the color is starting to move up my gums,now its between my teeth as well. I have been smoking now for about 4 yrs. does anyone know if smoking could have caused this or if it should be looked into. I do not currently have insurance so I am hoping to get some answers from all of u.
Having a Dark GUM is a natural gift from god for Halloween.  You don't have to spend extra money to decorate yourself for a halloween.  just kidding.  
Well, lil one, go see a dentist as soon as possible.  Do not use any counter or online products to lighten your gum.  As you know, they put all kind of chemicals so it will only make your gum worst.  Go see a dentist. They will tell you rightaway.  Take care.  
A related discussion, Could be Mercury  poisening from fillings... was started.