DARKENED GUMS FROM SMOKING?
I'VE BEEN SMOKING CIGARETTES EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST YEAR, AND NOW I AM NOTICING A DARKENING IN MY GUMS. I AM ALMOST POSITIVE IT'S CAUSED BY SMOKING. I FEEL NO PAIN, IRRITATION, NOR ABNORMALITY WITH MY GUMS, SO I AM GUESSING IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS. MY QUESTION IS, WILL MY GUMS CHANGE BACK TO MY NORMAL PINKISHNESS AFTER I QUIT  SMOKING?
Nicotine stains fingers, tongue, teeth, gums, walls, ceilings and anything else it comes into contact with so this might be the issue.

Smoking also reduces your bodies capacity to carry oxygen and blocks the small blood vessels, a condition called Bergers Disease in which sufferers may lose limbs.

Today, no one can really claim to be ignorant of the effects of smoking so it is good that you have decided to quit. I hope your last cigarette really was your last and I would go to my GP for a full health check if I were you. Good Luck,
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.