Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dark Spot on Forearm

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dark Spot on Forearm

My husband is 25 yrs old and works in the custruction industry and therefore is in the sun constantly. He recently developed a dark spot on his forearm. It looks like a bruise but is not tender to the touch and has not changed in color or size. It is approximately an inch or so in diamiter and has been there for over a month.

I've been trying to get him in to see our doctor, but getting an appointment has been a nightmare. Any ideas on what this could be and whether I should really be worried?
1 Comment

any new developed lesion in a person who has a continuous exposure to the sun would arise suspicion in my mind of a melanoma. There are of course other possibilities such as eczema or actinic keratosis or photodermatitis and many other lesions unrelated to exposure to the sun. However, i would like to rule out the first immediately. Therefore, I urge you to visit a dermatologist asap and get this examined.

hope this helped. let me know if yoiu need any more help/information