Dark bruising of skin without being hit
My skin, especially the thighs get black and bruised without ever being hit. I have not bumped up against anything or fell, but ever so often my thighs get black bruises and when I touch the bruised skin, I can feel the vein(s) underneath the sking. The bruises are not painful and sometimes I get them on my arms. I asked my doctor about it about a year ago and he did not know why. I do get very, very cold to the bone most every day and turn on my heater until I feel warm. I am anemic, but my doctor says to eat spinach and broccoli. I barely eat them but want to know if the bruising is because of the anemia. Thank you for your response.
Anemia can cause spontenous bruising. I would also ask for a full panel blood screen to rule out thyroid issues, cancers and auto-immune issues.. but if your dr says anemia.. I usualyl go witht he dr. He has the PHD
Has your doc actually done blood tests? if not, do so...This is very abnormal...It can indicate some pretty serious blood disorders and a few other things...I think of it this way..if you were in a serious accident say, for example, a fall, you could easily bleed to death because your blood vessels are so fragile..It sounds like you need some medical intervention, and now...You didn't say if you were on any medications...If you are on steroids like prednisone (for example) they can cause this sort of thing too...
Go to a different doc!!! Anemia is nothing to take lightly. And there are many different types. MM is right, must do tests. It may not be anemia, but a clotting disorder. Are you male or female. How long has this been going on?
I keep getting black eyes and bruises on the underpart of my stomach and ribs what is that HELP me
Do you take a lot of aspirin? Daily doses of aspirin can cause easy bruising. Just propping your elbow on your thigh can cause an ugly bruise.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.