Daughter gaining weight and tired all of the time
My 17 yearold daughter has suddenly started gaining weight(30 lbs in 6 months) and stays tired all of the time. This started off when she started getting dizzy upon standing. She has been diagnosed with POTS disease and epstien barr.  We've had all the tests on heart, blood pressure, mri/mra, even to an endocrinologist and nobody can tell us why the fainting spells continue. The endocrinologist ran a blood panel and the T4, B12, and cortizone/cortisol(?) levels came back low but in the normal range. Any suggestions on where to go from here? This situation is making her depression deepen and making us pull our hair out trying to figure out where to go from here!

Thank you
30 pounds isnt alot in 6 months, and im not sure on the  rest. goodluck on your search though.
I would take her for a full work up on her thyriod. To a different doctor.  Hope this helps.
maybe shes pregnant thats the first thing that pops in my head im prayin shes not but theirs a possibility she could be!!
If she has POTTS disease, which is Tuberculosis affecting the spinal cord, then she needs the antibiotics which cure Tuberculosis to get well. If left untreated, her condition could worsen causing damage to the spinal cord. An easy way to diagnose POTTS disease is with a tuberculin skin test which can be done at any hospital or urgent care.