Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Diminishing Health

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Diminishing Health

I'm 31, had 4th baby last Aug. Had two clots while preg. Have protien c deficiency. Since pregnancy have been consumed with Chronic daily migraines, Chronic joint/muscle pain everywhere , numbness and tingling in face, legs, and arm, severe visual disturbances(not aura-doesn't go away), fatigue with lots of sleep, diarhea (diarrhea), rapid heart beat, very sore eye balls, continued severe vein pain, electric shock feeling sometimes when moving neck, can't gain weight(110 lbs), restless legs while laying in bed. All this is affecting every aspect of my life, but mainly turning me into a terrible mother/wife. I have seen a hematologist, vein doc, internal med doc, and have had several tests-blood & Ct Scan. I have upcoming neurologist appoint, & MRI, but both are 2 months away, as well as tried many migraine preventative drugs and immetrex like drugs which none have helped only caused me more unwanted side affects. I have been into my Fam. Phys once a month.I need some answers fast as I can barely look after my children. Any suggestions will be Greatly appreciated!!
Tags: Health
i'm going to butt in an issue a warning...be VERY careful trying to diagnose yourself via the internet.  even the best medical websites give out the worst-case scenarios.  i've tried doing the same several times, and have scared myself silly each time.  symptoms are only symptoms, and not a diagnosis.  they can mean a whole host of things.  i've been going through diangoistic testing since may trying to find out what's wrong with me, and i hope i've finally given up trying to dignose myself via the internet!  fortunately, i haven't been right yet :)  maybe you can get your doctor to move up your appointment and testing if you're feeling so anxious.
i have a question for you and i mean no disrepect, is it that you are or were very sick and the drs couldnt find what what wrong? and you did find your problem? you said on the other post you have given your drs several times a list of what was wrong. dont you think if your md doesnt know and you have to tell him maybe you  should find a new md? im not trying to battle here, i think its great if that site worked for you and you have every right to suggest it to others. but i have the right to recommend they stay clear of sites that give them information that is too great to use without that doctorate.
i'm familiar with the website.  it still scared the you-know-what out of me :)
yes, that is me.  but, the warning came to me from two doctors.  my suggestion still stands...try to move up the appointment, if only for anxiety.  two months is a long time to wait while in pain and anxious.  i know so many people who have been freaked out by attempting to self-diagnose via the internet, to find they were wrong, too.  mind you, i'm not talking about minor problems, but potentially serious ones.  in any event, i said be wary...not don't do it.  take anything you find with a huge grain of salt.  there are too many variables and every case is different.  those sites have built-in worst-case scenerios to ensure people seek medical attention rather than self-diagnose, at least that's what i've been told and what i'm passing on.
i really don't want to fight with you.  i never critized this forum, or any other website, which a re-reading will show.  i repeat...i said take it with a grain of salt and be wary. lots of people come on this forum because they don't have health insurance and/or are looking for someone in a similar situation with information to share.  period.  i have nothing further to say, but have a good day.
am i the only one not getting the last three posts on this one?
what dont you get?
i can't see the previous three posts now (they keep disappearing?), so if i'm repeating myself, i apologize!

frustrated mama:  i'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.  if getting yourself admitted is what it takes, then go for it.  another two months of anxiety sounds miserable.  hopefully you have some local family and friends who can help you.

sailorswife:  glad to hear i'm not the only one lol

platelet gal:  i never said DON'T i said BE WARY and take take the information with a grain of salt.  i've had two doctors tell me to avoid websites since self-diagnosis is usually wrong.  those sites have worst-case scenarios to ensure people seek medical attention when needed.  they're okay for a skin rash, not so okay with serious issues.  

you gave your opinion, and i had every right to give mine.  the diffrence is that i didn't talk down to you.  we all have opinions, and these forums work better if everyone respects that fact.
I Thank everyone for responding to my post. I understand the scarey business, but I'm at the point where I can function at half of what I could before. I have already done alot of digging on my own, so do know the potentials of what I'm dealing with. Here in Canada there isn't such a thing as having your appointments moved up, at least the city I reside. Wonderful that I don't pay a cent, but when there is something seriously wrong you need to go in and make DEMANDS. This is a current problem which isn't getting any better. Some of the things I've been tested for have not been ruled out 100% as Lupus for example can be very hard to catch, and may take several tests. Hemo told me that. when you read about alot of these things , often says near the end that sometimes these diseases/disorders can take years to diagnose. I do want to add that I'm frustrated, not anxious. My condition is affecting ALL members of my family  and I feel it's just not fair to my young children to hear me say I don't feel well all the time. My mother, a very smart RN who works in a local EMERG wants me to go in, and have myself admitted for extensive testing. I may resort to that but find it very hard to pick up and leave for a few days as well. Thanks Again, and have a great weekend everyone.
I'm sorry you're going through so much. CFIDS (or CFS) also came to my mind, Also Fibromyalgia, Thyroid, liver.... Did any doc's mention these as possibilities? What about Lyme? So everything started for you right after your 4th child was born? That just seems like there must be a connection in some way, I don't have children so I can't really say, but I've watched my twin go through some horrendous stuff after giving birth. I've experienced much the same symp's as you listed (as has many of us on this site) and I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to deal with while taking care of children, so my heart goes out to you! There's nothing more frustrating then seeing doctor after doctor that can't or don't give any diagnosis.

I like the sites quoted earlier (diagnose me, wrong diagnosis), They are very good at insisting they are NOT diagnosing, but helpful in narrowing down possibilities. There's too many patients and not enough doc's, Sometimes we have to do the research ourselves. One doc even asked me what I thought it was that I have, I was very surprised but so thankful he asked and thankful that I had specific ideas that he discussed with me, he said he always asks the patients. A list of symp's to give your doc is a good idea. I've said this once before that seemed to be the only time doc's actually listened to me, when I gave them a list. Some people can and do and will panic by trying to diagnose themselves, and taking what we find on the Internet with a grain of salt is a good idea, I tend to think that everyone who's posted here actually agree's with each other and no one meant to offend anyone. The website's mentioned by Platletgal actually helped me narrow it down, and helped me to get on the right road, I had no idea what "autoimmune disease" even meant until those sites explained it well. I think we just need to remain balanced and make sure were checking out reputable website's. It sounds like everyone here has either gone through or is going through similar frustrations with no dx's & negative test results, so I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying we all understand what you're going through. I like this site because it offers suggestions of all kinds, and I believe they are all well meaning and often VERY helpful in helping us understand what could be wrong with us.

Just my thoughts. Hope you're feeling better soon! Keep us informed!
i couldn't agree more.  here's another suggestion...besides taking a list of symptoms to your doctor, make sure you take a list of recent tests, scans, etc. and their results.  that way you don't overlook anything.  the doctors have always put my list in their file and seem glad to have it.  and, it's a lot faster than trying to recite a list of recent consultations and tests.  doctors are always so rushed these days it's easy to forget information!