Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Discoloration of the skin on my back and upper arm

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My first thought was perhaps sun damage but I haven't spent any time outdoors with my shirt off in a long time, and when I did awhile back it was definitely with sunscreen.

I'm experiencing a patchy discoloration in the pigment of the skin on my upper back near the shoulder blade and on my upper arm near the triceps. The difference in color is slight but quite noticeable and is about 3 or 4 shades lighter than the complexion of the rest of my body. I don't feel any discomfort or pain from it and it hasn't seemed to spread or increase. It's just annoying and I want to get rid of it. What could this ailment be? and what could I do to cure it?