Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness, Fatigue, Malaise, Aching Joints What's Happening To Me?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizziness, Fatigue, Malaise, Aching Joints What's Happening To Me?

I'm thankful to have this forum to interact with others that are going through similar situations.   For the past few years my health has gone downhill.  In January 2010 I had a very mild vertigo attack.  I didn't think much of it because it was mild, and didn't last long.  The next symptom to appear was in July 2010. I awoke one morning to itching in between my toes!  I thought it was a mosquito bite.  After a day or so it went away.  Within the next few weeks I had 3 more outbreaks on various parts of my body.  They all started off like a bug bite, itching, then the skin would actually swell and look puffy.  My left arm (near the wrist), my right arm (just above the elbow), and my right hip all became puffy and swollen.  They all started off as what looked like a mosquito bite, I'd scratch, then the next day the skin was puffy and swollen!  The doctor(s) couldn't figure out what it was.  She prescribed an allergy medication - thinking maybe it was an allergy.  I knew something else was going on, but I had no idea what it was - and neither did the doctor.  She ran blood tests and everything looked good.  After the skin episodes, I started feeling foggy headed, toxic, and generally unwell.  My doctor prescribed Prednisone 20mg once a day for 5 days.  That seemed to clear things up and I felt a little better.

At this point I was feeling lousy off and on.  Most days I felt okay.  This changed for the worse in November 2011.  That's when the extreme fatigue, asthma-like symptoms, and achy muscles/joints started.  I was okay once I sat and rested, but the fatigue was unlike anything I'd ever felt before.  Around this time, I also started experiencing tingling/numbness/pins & needle feeling in my fingertips and toes.  My legs would sometimes feel "wobbly and weak."

This past Memorial Day (2012) is when the dizzy spells started.  They've slowly but surely gotten worse since then.  At first, I'd feel lightheaded off and on.  In early August, the dizzy spells started to come more frequent.  This was along with the extreme fatigue and other symptoms mentioned above.  I was working a part-time job, and I'm not able to do that because of the dizziness :(  In the past week, I've had a couple of dizzy spells that really scared me.  I felt so wobbly and lightheaded that I was afraid I might faint.  I haven't thus far (thank God).  I saw a Neurologist a couple of weeks ago and he said I need to see a Psychiatrist.  (I know...I couldn't believe it either).  I'll be seeing a new Primary Care doctor on the 19th of this month.  In the meantime, I'm going to Urgent Care tomorrow morning.  I do suffer with Anxiety disorder and depression - so these physical issues are making it worse...especially because the doctors haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with me.  I'm concerned about Lyme Disease, MS or a Connective Tissue disorder.  Now when I get the dizzy spells, my heart starts beating really fast.  It feels like a panic attack, but I know something else is going on.

I've had lots of blood drawn in the past few years, and the only things that stood out were slightly low red blood cell count, TSH count a little high (I'm taking medication for this from my Endo doctor), and a slighly elevated Sed Rate.

I'm sorry this was sooo long.  I really needed something to talk to.  I would very much appreciate any responses or thoughts.  I'll let you all know what the doctor(s) have to say tomorrow.

God bless.
I am having a lot of the same issues as you and it is my thyroid . I am hypothyroid so my tsh was high. Went through the same thing with mri and cat scans but thyroid all along.
I've read of many other people with similar symptoms that developed between 2010 and 2012 my idea is that it's from a asymptomatic viral pandemic. Influenza A or something. if that was the case you can only wait it out and wait for your immune system to get adjusted to it.

that would also explain the low rbc and high sed rate.

Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria that is transmitted by ticks , it manifests with a typical rash too. if you haven't been bit by ticks, no rash, then it's not Lyme.

none of your symptoms are specific of MS so just relax your symptoms aren't so bad, there's people with MS or ALS who are on a wheelchair if not worse.

one characteristic of a panic attack is that you don't know it's a panic attack, you're perfectly convinced it's a physical thing. which is in a way but it's caused by stress and anxiety.

do you also experience loss of cognitive functions? bad memory, brain fog, clumsiness, inability to remember complicated words, to focus on the next thing to do?

Yes many have similar symptoms ...Get a heavy metal toxicity test done ..it may be environmental allergies ..check out 'What on earth are they spraying'
This sounds highly suspicious of something autoimmune ESPECIALLY since you responsed to the steroids.  

Have you ever been assessed/checked for Lupus?  Three conditions came to mind after I read your posts:  Lupus, Crohn's and Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  I would recommend having these conditions ruled out.

"I saw a Neurologist a couple of weeks ago and he said I need to see a Psychiatrist.  (I know...I couldn't believe it either)."  Well, apparently this physician had NO business telling you this and definitely DON'T return to him.  It is awfully sad when you try to get answers to your medical woes and get mistreated.  Hope he doesn't ever get seriously ill and some other physician mistreats him.  

When you consult or talk with these physicians DO NOT make your anxiety/depression the main focus of the discussion.  When they ask about your past history and present history......sure, you should tell them, but make it brief.  I think as soon as some physicians hear "anxiety and
depression" they will write off/dismiss your symptoms as being physicial and will document you being "psych."   Be careful with this.