Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness, Heaviness and tingling on Left side - especially left arm an...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizziness, Heaviness and tingling on Left side - especially left arm and ankle

For about 3 months now, I have been experiencing dizziness as well as heaviness, tingling sensation, and an overall weak feeling in my left arm mostly, but it also has traveled down the entire left side of my body. I am a 24 yr old healthy female. I went to the ER when it first started and was really bad. My entire left side was tingling, including the left side of my face, my left arm, leg and foot. It only happens on the LEFT side. When I walked it felt like my left ankle was just going to give out on me, it felt really weak. I was also EXREMELY dizzy. I was admitted and these symptoms were strong and lasted for over a day. I was in the hospital for 2 days and they ran a CT scan, an MRI, blood tests, and all came back negative. Gradually my symptoms started to fade. They released me after they had done every test they could think of without knowing what was causing them. Since then my symptoms have been coming and going, but not to the same intensity that they were when I went to the ER. Sometimes I will be fine and then it will just come on slowly and last for a few hours and then fade away. This happens daily if not every other day. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting or standing or being active or inactive, I will just start to feel really dizzy and off balance and then the arm heaviness, and ankle weakness will set in. I am going to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor so he can run tests as well. I had an extremely bad ear infection about 6 months ago where my equilibrium was off and I was dizzy. I am hoping it's some kind of virus that can be treated and not something serious like my heart or MS or anything like that. If anyone has had similar symptoms or has been diagnosed with something, PLEASE let me know what you think. I cannot keep going on without getting any answers. There has to be an explaination out there somewhere! Thank you so much for your comments.
you have described exactly my symptoms,  first starting with an extreme dizziness while reading on my computer, it was better at the time when I stood up. scared me so bad I thought I was going to die, but it went away . a week later again reading on the computer, I then took myself to er, I had to stop along the way, cause I was afraid I would
pass out whilte driving. ct, ekg. blood test. negative. gave me antihistamine for vertigo. was not vetigo.  4 days later i am in another er with severe lightheadiness and it seemed like everything was stopping, this is so hard to discribe. mri, mra, blood work, nothing. suggested i see neurologist, could have something to do with petuitory gland, now i have tingling left arm, and left leg, and upper right thigh (which I have had for awhile the thigh) still in and out lightheadiness. eyes checked he said nothing, this dizziness feels like when you move fast you get that instant surge . It happens when I just move my eyes. I hope to hear what you find out at the eye nose and throat.
I have been experiencing the same symptoms as you guys. I am a 26 year old female. I had acid reflux a few months back but now it has become manageable. I started feeling tingling sensations on the left side of my body (only on the left side)., from my foot, thigh, arm, hand , and head. I always feel dizzy too. I havent done the mri  or  any of that yet, because im afraid of what they will tell me. I might go and have my bloodwork just to make sure im not anemic or anything. I was wondering how you are handling the tingling sensation when you feel it... and how often do you feel dizzy? is it all the time? i hope i can hear from you both or from anyone who can honestly give an advice.
Had a similar problem!
Just went to the ER last week where they ran MRI, Catscan and blood tests. Everything came back fine.  I have to check on what blood tests they ran.
Their theories were - hypercoagulation - thrombosis, MS, pinched nerve(s), lupus.
I just dont know! I took a dosage of Celexa for the first time before these symptoms arose -it is an SSRI. But this side effect is not listed or known to anyone. The doctors dont think that is the cause.
It started with my left leg- it was numb and tingly and I could not rest. This is 12 hours after I took the first and only dosage of Celexa ( 20 mg). I could not sleep.  The next morning, the sensation spread to my left arm. My right side remained normal the entire time. My boyfriend convinced me to go to the ER.  When I arrived, they gave me aspirin in case of blood clots. That was their major suspicion.  Then they thought I was having a stroke. My entire left side just did not work. I was held for 2 days.
To make a long story short, they still dont know what is was. They were confused by the fact that it was my left arm AND my left leg. If it was one or the other, or both arms and / or both legs it would have been less confusing and they would have chalked it up to nerve damage.
The worst of my symptoms have gone, but I still feel a slight numbness a week later. My left foot is at times painful to walk on.
What the heck is this?
I'm having the same problems too. .I also have speech problems with slurred speech, stuttering and word finding problems.  My left foot has no reflexes when they use the pin ***** or hammer on the knee/ankle.  Memory problems (short term/long term) too (could remember where my son was born 22 years ago, forget my address, give the wrong phone number).  I thought it was a stroke, they thought it was MS.  All tests came back as inconclusive and now being treated for depression.  I am now taking Beta Histine for the dizzy spells (used to treat Meneres (sp?)  and it is helping.  I find drinking lots of water, getting rest and using 2 pillows has helped the dizzy spells and choking episodes.  Still using a cane to walk - havent had any falls for a while.  Still feel my left leg is not reliable and it feels at times its going to give out on me.  Don't know what this is, but hopefully everyone will get better soon!
Hey. I am a 23 year old female who has similar problems. For about 2 months now i have been having weird symptoms.first my big toe on my left foot felt like it was going to explode. Almost like when you go out in the cold and it gets really cold and then it starts to warm up. Then my leg started to hurt again like really hard pains in the muscles, like it would explode. Then in my left arm muscle. At one time i really got scared because my leg started to hurt and then it was like my muscles gave out. It was really heavy and i could hardly lift it. Also i have been having hard pains in my left side around my rib cage.  Sometimes i get pains in my chest and i can't breath.  Although i have alot of undiagnosed problems, i also have occul spina bifida, iritated stomach, i have my gallbladder removed, and for the past year i have had really bad diarrea (diarrhea), and bad dizzy spells.  If any one knows anything about these symptoms could you comment on them. Thank you.  For those with left side pains i suggest you talk to your doctor to see if you have occult spina bifida.

sincerly confused female newfie
Mine is a little different....I have the numbness in my left arm mostly and a little in my right. It feels almost like it is not really my arm and when I am going to need to move it isn't going to work, only it does every time. It is a very false feeling and very frustrating. I have been having a TON of short term memory loss and sometimes severe mood swings. Yesterday I had my first dizzy spells. I called my PCP right away and saw him this morning. He immediatley sent me in for an MRI to rule out MS and refered me to a neurologist who I will see tomorrow morning. I am hoping that my test results are in by then!
Im having pretty much the same thing. I'm a 24 yr old female. It first started out about 2yrs ago, I was first diagnosed with optic neuritis. Since then Ive had numerous episodes of tingling and numbless. Also had a ton of muscle pain and muscles just jerking. A few months back I awoke from a nap and was totally numb on the right side and extremly weak elsewhere and fatigued. I have had all normal mri's as well as a spinal tap but they havent done any other tests. The dr's are fighting about what it could be. Have seen 2 ms specialists and one felt it was stress and the other thought I was too young. Any ideas?????
I'm having similiar trouble.  A little over a year ago, Christmas shopping, my left pinkie started going numb, then up my left arm, down my left leg and into the left side of my face.  My husband thought I was having a stroke, but no other symptoms.  Went to the dr the next day and no stroke but sent me to a neurologist.  MRI was fine and said I was having migraines without the headache.  I had diarrhea a couple of days later and the numbness lasted off and on for a couple of weeks.  Was good for over a year until a couple of days ago.  Same thing, left side tingling and moving around the left side only.  Then again today a couple days after the tingling/numbness started I have diarrhea again.  Any ideas you have I would appreciate!  

Very frustrated!
I woke up yesterday with a tingling sensation on the left side of my head and left hand. Today I woke up my entire head and face and lips are tingling my neck is tight my head feels like it is to heavy for my neck. Sometime when I awake my speech is slurred and I can't think.  I have also had trouble with my balance. What is going? This has been going sense 2005 and the doctors can't tell me anything. I have had MRI, CT Spinal tap and blood work.
My daughter is having some of the same problems, dizzyness,numbness, weird feelings tingling sensations all over she is now practically bedridden all of the time, I have to assist her when she needs to go to the bathroom. One of the biggest problems she is experiencing,is when she tries to sit or stand she becomes very dizzy and she feels like she is about to pass out,she tells me that she get this funny sensation that begins in her stomach and travels to her head that causes her to be dizzy and she falls if I am not there to help her, she calls these sensations attacks. She stays in her darkened room because she is very light sensative,she also experiences a vrooming noisein her ear most of the time, she never feels good any more. There are more symtems but I cannot think of them right now. If any one can help Please email me @ carmen_flournoy***@**** In March she did go to the hospital they ran some test that was negative,like the MRI ect
hi there people do you lot use computers often and do you ever excise somtimes this can cause dizzness tingleing in head arms or every where on your body
I was looking for an explanation of the cold-burning sensation that I have on the side of my left hand from the hand joint up to the middle of the upper arm. I have this sensation since November but my real problems started 4-5 years ago with my left leg.
Your symptoms are much more severe and more complicated than mine. The only similarities will be on the side. I feel some times coldness on the side and tingling and numbness on the plantar of my left leg. When I was sitting down and I put pressure on the nerve it started to bother me, it got numb. I couldn’t even have my laptop in my lap, that’s how sensitive I was to any pressure. If I stood up, nothing! Few months ago I started to have tingling on the plantar. I also felt that my calf got swollen sometimes.
Tired of having absolutely all kind of investigations that the western medicine can think of: X-rays of my entire spinal cord, MRI, CAT scan, nerves tested, DOPPLER on venous and arterial circulation and everything being fine, I got mad and went to a nutritionist. I find out that I have a lack of vitamins B, Calcium and Magnesium and other minerals and vitamins deficiencies. The complex of vit.B plays a roll in the nerves good function along with calcium and magnesium.
I intend to find a doctor that is practicing Eastern medicine and acupuncture. I went to LA for a week and have two appointments with a Korean doctor. After his treatment I felt great. When I left, he put eight needles on my back on the heap area, on the tract of the sciatic nerve and asked me to keep them as long as I could, the most, for a week. The needles have tape on top and didn’t bother me at all. I am a little bit better now but I have to find another doctor here to continue.
In conclusion, switch gears! Try Eastern medicine & nutrition; search how to cure the cause not to treat the effect. It is scary how many of you have similar symptoms! Sad that not good diagnostician is reading all these.
Good luck and don’t give up!

Many years ago I had similar symptoms: slurred speech, trouble finding words, tingling along the arm (I think it was my right) and fingers, dizziness, blurred vision in my right eye, and so on. Several tests including a brain scan showed nothing, although my GP did recommend that I stop taking the pill. I was also experiencing excruciating (emotional-related) migraines at the time.

Once I stopped taking the pill and took steps to resolve the distressing personal issue, the symptoms disappeared. Every few years, I get the blurred vision in the right eye, but this disappears after an hour or so when I make a point of relaxing.

I agree with the previous poster that it's important to have a look at alternative treatments as well to determine the cause of the problem.

In the meantime, if any of you are on the pill you might want to discuss possible side-effects with your GP.

Batin
Ok, I have a little bit of the same thing from all of you. This is me: I have "episodes" of my left side tingling from my cheek to my foot...all the way down. It's like a rush. and my left arm going totally numb. This lasts for about 5 secs and its over. This has been going on for about 9 months. I'm starting to jerk slightly now when it happens and my left leg gets really week. But again, it only happens for a moment.

I've had a spine and brain MRI- nothing showed up, I've had an EMG (which was the worst test EVER)

My episodes happen when I'm standing up and using my arms. I've been texting, untangling something, putting water in a vase, looking at clothes in my closet, scratching my leg, etc.

Tomorrow I'm getting an EEG, then testing for more rare things.
I'm sooo tired of this. I drop things during it and I have to sit down from being weak.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've never heard of anyone else having these exact symptoms. I have no pain, or dizziness.

Help:(
I am 26yrs of age, dont smoke, dont drink, have a healthy diet, walk regularly and am a healthy weight, it started around 2yrs ago my left hand felt like there was no blood going through it even though I could move it and when I pinched it I could fully feel the pain.  This spread to the sole of my foot (left) almost an eery feeling it was numb but I could fully move and feel it if I touched it.  Also the left side of my face from the jaw to the ear and sometimes the left side of my tongue, again I bit my tongue just to feel the pain.  (does that make sense?)  It doesn necessary affect each of these area's at once it can one or the other or sometimes all.   It lasted more than 6mths on and off more so when I was rested in the evenings or in bed at night.  I'd wake up with pins n needles on the good side.  There is no comfort and im afraid to sleep in case I wake up paralysed. It has brought on anxiety attacks which I have not got before.   It has returned in the last 2 months worse than ever.  I've been to doctors but got no tests done one says stress another told me it was in my head.  I've theorised ms, brain tumour, spinal injury, pinched nerve and the latest one i've heard which kinda make sense is an excessive amount of mercury in the body which is toxic.  The symptoms include numbness or tingling around the mouth, face, fingers or toes, joint problems, mood swings, depression ... Anyway I dont know how straight forward the tests are but there is a way of detoxing this excess mercury and returning to full health.  I hope this information can help put our minds at rest and get on with living our lives.  
I am 56 and have had this whatever you want to call it now for 3 years now and its getting worse.. At nite my left arm and hand feel heavy and have no feeling in it but yet have excrusating pain in it .. and its very very cold.. i call my left arm and hand the dead persons hand because thats what it looks like ..My fingers have a dead persons look to it .. after I get up out of bed because the pain is so bad I cant stay in it and move around or put heat to it then the feeling comes back to the hand and arm but the pain takes awhile to go away.. Does anyone else have this or am I the only cookoo.. please let me know ok..
I am 42 Female, have had ongoing left sided issues the same as many of you for 3 years.  Negative tests in every way.  Three months ago switched doctors they scanned blood work differently.  I am majorly low in B12 which causes nerve sensations and memory issues ( I have both), Ferritin was really low, also Methylmalonic acid level was super high (should be low).  My neurologist says most doesn't scan the M. Acid it also affects nerve and memory.  I am on heavy duty vitamins, B12 weekly injections and Iron supplements.  I don't feel really good yet, but I have to say my left arm and leg are not twitching and tingling nearly as bad.  I have read this takes a long time to correct.  So you May want to have b12 and M. acid levels checked.
I am a 32 year old female with history of nerve damage affecting the movement/control of my ankles, and/or severe pain in my lumbar section, depending on what my bulging disk happens to be pressing on.  In the past couple days, my left leg has become heavy and slightly inresponsive while walking as well as weakness in my left arm.  I routinely carry my 15 lb baby as well as am on the computer every day.  I'm calling my doctor tomorrow, but wanted to know if anyone else could relate.  Thanks.
mine isnt so bad but pretty similar i am a 19 year old woman perfectly healthy until recently.  i have pins and needles like feeling down my left arm accompanied by mirgraines and unbelievable dizzy spells.  i am a housewife and have an 18month year old son im scared that i am going to pass out and something will happen to him.  i went toi my docs who referred me to the hosp who ran blood tests which came back negative , they then checks my reflexes and eyes etc all fine. i found out my doc had referred me to do a brain scan, but because i developed a sore shoulder the day b4 (which had gone by the time i got to the hospital) the doctor assumed it was muscle pain and told me to wait and see what happens.  it was lucky my gp gave me pain killers as the doctor at the hospital never gave me anything for the pain and obviously never bothered to do the brain scan.  they also did an ecg on my heart which i assume was normal as nobody would tell me anything.  i think its disgusting they dont do their job properly i am still extremely dizzy and cant cope with my wee boy as im that ill. hope this helps lol seems to be a lot of us having similar problems.
i have had something similar, i was asleep and woke up at 2am something scared me and when i sat up the full room was spinning and my left arm and leg was real heavy.i was sweating and felt as though i was about to pass out, i was taken to a&e where i was give a brain scan and nothing showed up i had a full blood count test done and still nothing showed up, so im none the wiser,although the hospital say they cannot rule out the possibility i  may have had a mini stroke.my memory doesnt seem as good since this happened to me. as anyone had  similar symptoms?
I'm a 25 year old male. About a year ago, I was at work, eating lunch, when suddenly the whole room began to spin uncontrollably. I felt as though I was going to black out. When I laid down, I noticed that my whole body was tingling, as if I was going to have a seizure or something. This eventually passed and I was left with this vague, out-of-body feeling, accompanied by a persistent tingling in my left leg.
         To make a long story short, I've had every test done (MRI, CT, bloodwork, and tests from the ENT) It was finally a neurologist who told me I suffered from anxiety. Here's how this pertains to the rest of you: Despite what's causing these symptoms, no one can seem to find out what's wrong with you. You may get to the point where no one can give you an answer other than "anxiety" or "stress." Which may in fact be what your suffering from. Regardless, the important thing is to find out how to live with your symptoms. That's what I've done through exercise, therapy, and a reasonably healthy lifestyle. Stay active and do your best to direct your mind away from these problems. Everybody has good days and bad days. But we're all strong here. And if we're not (the way I used to be) you learn to be strong in the face of this problem. Good luck to everyone.
I've been having a similar problem. Im 16 and about a month ago i suddenly had a headache. i basically ignored it cuz i mean doesnt everyone get headaches? A couple of days later my headaches got so bad i had to go to the ER, i had a CT scan but it was normal. The next day i started having a tingling and numbness sensation on my left side of my body. I got up and fell dizzy. I was so scared i tought i was having a stroke or something. I went ot the ER again and nothing.. they refered me to a neurologist.

Neurologist gave me painkillers and said he'll do a EEG on me in 2wks.
Im really scared, i've never been this sick in my life and now i can barely get out of bed.
I have had the same symptoms for over 20 years.  When they first started I was a teacher.  I had MRI (new back then), Cat Scan, tests where they put little suction cups on my eyeballs, and other really strange tests all with no results to tell them what was wrong with me.  

In the end, after I was starting to give up hope, the answer reared it's ugly head.  I had relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis.  

As I said it's been 20 years since it started, and I'm only now starting to get other symptoms, but none that are truly horrible (thank goodness).  

MS symptoms can be triggered by many things but most especially by HEAT.  When you're feeling dizzy, grab an ice pack, bag of frozen peas, can of cold soda, something really cool and put it on the back of your neck.  Or jump into a cool shower.  Stop taking hot showers or hot baths, no hot tub, stay out of the heat as much as possible, and see if your symptoms lesson.

Namaste
  I had these issues on the right side of my body.  2 years ago I was in the hospital for 20 days and loss the use of my right arm and leg. I almost died at that time and ended up leaving he hospital despite high dose steroids weighing 95 pounds  I went to physical therapy for  2 months and eventually regained my mobility.  I currently am still on steroids and have only managed to gain approximately 10 lbs.  I have little to no appetite. For the past 2 to three months I have been having the heaviness, numbness and tingling returning.  I have systemic lupus and this is believed to be the cause.  I have suffered at least 20 percent nerve damage to my right side.  Unfortunately because these symptoms occur for no particular reason and sporadically I am afraid to work at my current high level position.  I am looking to work at home.  I just wish someone could tell me definitively that this was all part of the lupus or was something else going on.  I have yet to receive a straight answer these past 2 years.
I a became dizzy 2 times  and went to the er   Ist time ekg and ct blood woork and blood word.  They said it was dehydration.  Released me.  @ weeks later pasedd out with same symptoms and busted my head on toilet.  Was Carried by ambulenace.  No ekg, No stethoscope, care3 of eye, no cat scan. Blamed on Inner ear infection even after after ana earlier episode  in er room.  9 hours later  10 minutes before tthey were going to release I had a bad episode with room spinning, vomitttinv. stc. Still no extra care except they admitted me .   My doctor came in early Monday mornig looked immediatelya at my my eyes and said this mans had a stroke. Care was then give .  I run almost everyday.  THe mri told them exactly what the problem was ans I knew the dr that did the cathiter and he said he colud have fixed it in an hour. Vetebril blockage blockage.  They run buy your spine.  Make sure they check thme.  good luck now I am ruined for life.
My symptoms are a little different.  I've been experiencing dizziness and numbness in my lips, tounge and right arm and leg and very fatiged.  Went to the ER, Blood Pressure was extremley high; blood work and CT came back normal.  Dr. told me it was Vertigo and treated me with Antibiotics, Steriods and Antivert.  They told me that my brain was going into panic mode with the vertigo and was causing my BP to rise.  Took all the meds, symptoms got a little better; my GP ordered an EEG just to make sure because my BP was still a little high, the test came back normal and they adjusted my BP meds.  The symptoms stopped for about a week and a half and now I'm back to feeling like someone is swimming in my head and numbness on my right side.  The Antivert is not helping the dizziness at all this time; I'm scheduled to go back to the GP in the morning.  I've missed nearly a month at work due to the BP and having to take it easy, this is getting very frustrating.  I feal like a hypocondriact and a total whiner when I go to the Dr.  
3 Months ago while at work I had trouble swollowing followed quickly by numbness all down my left side, also a falling dizzy feeling, i was rushed to hospital where they said I showed signs of a stroke, after further examinations and a CAT scan they dismissed this, I am now waiting for an MRI scan, but i still have dizzy spells and a very cold chilll that runs only down my left side along with tongue tingling. For the last 2 days I have had a headache that wont go away..... my short term memory is very poor but getting better, when my tongue starts to tingle this is quickly followed by the dizzy spells some days i can have up to 15 other days none????? help
Hello.. Im 22 Year Old Female.. I Have The Same Symptoms As You All I Have A Heaveiness On My Chest On The Left Side Its All My Left Side Arm Feels Weak My Leg Is Weak It Feels Like Im Gonna Fall Over.. I Get These Spells Where Its Feels Like Im Going To Fall Over.. And At Night My Sleeping Habit Is So Bad I Have A One Year Old Son So The Sleep Issue Is Hard To Manage. I Went To The ER Over 10 Times In 3 Months They Treated Me For Panic Attacks I Also Went To Our Town Heath Clinic And They Also Treated Me For Panic Attacks. I Recently Went To My Own Doctor She Gave Me Inflamation (inflammation) Meds And Metoprolol Succ Er 25 mg tab I Take Half Of A Pill A Day It Slows Down My Heart Beat. I Had Blood Work Done And Just Had A EKG And The Results Came Back As Abnormal So Yesterday I Had A Echo Done Which Is Just A Sonagram Of Your Heart I Go On Feb 1st To Find Out The Results Of My Blood Work And Echo. I Have Had Tons Of Blood Work Done Though Threw Out The ER And The Clinic. This Will Happen While Im Just Sitting There A Couple Months Back It Wasnt So Bad. As Long As I Was Up Doing Something I Felt Fine. But Now Its 24/7 If Anyone Gets A Reason For All Of This Please Let Me Know. And If I Hear Anything On The 1st I Will Be Post It As Soon As I Find Out.. Thank You..
Started with heaviness/ tingling of my left foot and left leg in 2006. Jan. 30th, 2010 tingling sensation started down my left arm/ left hand, then a couple of days later the left side of my face began tingling too!  Same here, MRI, CT SCAN, CHEST X-RAY, EKG, COMPLETE BLOOD PROFILE, EVEN THE DENTIST!!! Nothing found to be wrong!  

WHAT DO WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON?????????
THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed - Dizzy & Oh So Confused!!@@????
i am 38 and feeling the same way. I have tingling on the left side of my body. I feel like i am going to faint or fall out of it.I have a weird sensation in my stomach. if you know what is causing this please be so kind as to tell me what it could be

signed,
                                                                  381
i need to know what could be causing my dizzyness and sensatios in the stomach and tingling in the left side

H-E-L-P
I don' t know what is wrong with you, but i have the same symptoms. the left arm, leg numbness and tingling;the dizziness or lightheadedness; the funny, sick feeling in my stomach, which got better for a few days but is now back to feeling strange and weak. this is a vagal nerve reaction. why though i don,t know. my stomach has been irritated but this does not explain the  other symptoms. the doctors are useless. i was checked at one er for stroke but it was not a complete work-up -they said my doctor would follow up but that is not happening. and it is all the time now especially when standing. happened at the cardiologists and she blamed it on the warm waiting room. i think my doctors are actors. too much to tell here.  hope none of us are having strokes. if anyone learns anything please tell. this is not how i was two weeks ago.
how are you doing? stories like yours make me sick. what is wrong with so many doctors?!  it is one thing to miss something complicated but to not do anything because they did it TWO WEEKS EARLIER is just stupidity. this is the treatment i am getting even though they know a past MRI showed a previous small stroke and ischemic brain disease. cardiologist feels a RESTING PET SCAN rules out heart disease. this is crazy. i hope you are feeling better and continue to improve.  please post again.
  My "episodes" came on in the summer of 2004.  They have been off and on since then, but I have been to the ER several times and everything always comes back negative (bloodwork, cat scan, MRI, heart tests)  I will just all of a sudden feel light-headed and weak overall and my left arm and leg feel heavy and weak.  I don't physically lose strength, but it feels tired, like I just did a million push ups or something (minus the pain of course).  It has been so frustrating, because they keep saying it is anxiety, but can anxiety present like this, and does it present when you are not particularly stressed?  It definitely has happened at times when I have been stressed, but it also has happened when I am just living a pretty calm life...  I also have a love/hate relationship with caffeine and wean myself off of it and then start back again probably 3 or 4 times a year.  I will say, everytime I have had these episodes, have been in times that I am using caffeine.  (with working 3 jobs and having 2 kids, not depending on it to get me through is easier said than done.)  I am 31 and overweight, but exercise and am pretty healthy otherwise.  any suggestions?  good luck to you all!
I wanted to add that these episodes, described above, last for days, usually 3 or 4 on average.  The overall feeling I have in addition to the arm and leg weakness is that of being extremely hungry.  Shaky, weak, but eating does not make it better.
Please help!
Thank you!
This is crazy that there could be so many people with similar complaints and no real answer.

I have most of the same symptoms. I wouldnt call mine tingling, but just an odd ALMOST tingling in my arm leg, face and tongue on my left hand side. I keep testing myself seeing if i can feel equal sensations on my left and right hand side, as it feels like i shouldnt be able to, but i think i can. Things feel noticably different with my left hand and foot, less sensativity if you like. My tongue and lips seem to take turns at being tingly, with my left side face feeling tingly/cold, or just plain weak. I keep smiling and checking that i can wink as it feels like my face is dropping.

This happened once before during a very stressful time in my life and i found that once my stress and anxiety lifted it went away. I do have pretty severe anxiety which i thought i was in control of, i keep telling myself that thats all this is, but keep thinking, maybe its not. Last time i had this and saw my gp he quesitoned about my family history and if there were strokes at a young age. He also ordered a CT scan but told me i only needed to have it if i wanted to as he said its not real good with the contrast etc.

Im reluctant to see my GP again this time as i feel like a pain in the backside and am dreading that he will just tell me its my anxiety. I have the dizzyness to go with it, but i had bloods done a few weeks back that came back as my ferretin being low ie anemia, and im not the best at remembering to take my iron supplements but do more so then i dont.

Im severely concerned and confused all at the same time, i anyone gets an answer pls let us know.
i also have had all the symptoms that have been described. One question I will ask everyone is do you use artificial sweetners. If so this could be the problem or part of it. Google the dangers of artificial sweetners. They have chemicals that when get to a certain temperature make a chemical change and become very similar to wood alcohol thus poisoning the body over a period of time destroying the central nervous system. Most of these eople are diagnosed with MS or Lupus or some type of auto immune disease. Look at your diet, if it includes ANY artificial sweetners, eliminate them and see if this helps over time. It does take time for nerves to repair themselves but some do. Hope this helps someone. I have been diagnosed with Lupus. I don't drink or eat artificial sweetners and never had so that has been ruled out. Still looking for other answers myself.

jo122-Especially when standing- have you had your orthostatic blood pressure and pulses taken?  What about a tilt table test?

momof2-You say you eat yet it doesn't help- have you had your blood sugar checked?

kirdygirl- Have you considered Bell's Palsey (re:face droop)?   Anemia can diminish supply of oxygen to the brain and body, so remembering to take the iron, along with at least 250 mg of vitamin C for best absorption & apart from taking calcium by enough time & not taking with dairy can all be important.  Since you are concerned about a Cat Scan, why not ask for an MRV/MRA (special MRI) to check for blood vessel abnormalities.  If you are having ischemia not due to low iron in your brain & are at risk for stroke, the doctor should be finding that out with you and prescribing the best preventative treatment he/she can for you!
I am having similar problems.  My GP is beginning to think I'm crazy.  I even offered to see a Psych if she thinks it'll help.  Left side numbness that changes areas.  Almost dizziness.  No trigger.  It is irritating me and making me more than a little crazy.
A related discussion, has anyone tried vitamin d for tingling, aching muscles was started.
A related discussion, Re: discussions of tingly arms/head was started.
I somewhat have the same stmptoms of every one of you.. It all starts with a minor tingiling. So you kind of start stretching your arm and moving your neck in a circular motion. Then it works its way from your hand all the way up your arm. Then the nervousness kicks in so you get diareaha. If you go to any corner of your wall in the house, lean into that corner inbetween your left shoulder blade and you will instantly feel the numbness. I like to lay on my bed for up to a few hours and look up at my phone. Your body makes a canue shape and of course thats not good for the neck or spine.- Also as for the chest pains. You'd be surprised the havoc acid reflux does. It burns the chest to  a point of numbness even a hollowness that makes you feel like your having a heart attack. I take alprazolam for anxiety and nexium every 2 nights for the heartburn. Its 85% in our head people. Hope this was somewhat helpfull. And 29 6ft 280 and benchpress 405.
Hi..i am a 23yr old female.I just read a few of your comments & you guys have described exactly my symptoms..at the moment I'm having the same needle pin tingling on my left side..my left shoulders hurting& the uneasiness feeling is running down my left leg..Ive been researching and hoping it's not MS..but I am relieved to know that some of u have the same symptoms& that it's not MS. I havnt been to the doctors yet & am afraid to fund out what it is..
I have or have had all, symptoms you have all mentioned.  I do have MS and was diagnosed when I was 24.  Optic neuritis,  tingling, etc-  I've had it all.  Currently have random lightheadedness and tingling in my left leg.  That is why I was reading these posts.  Guess I can chalk this up to MS too!!  ;)
A related discussion, same thing going on here was started.
Hi Liz, I know its been a while since you posted this, but I wondered if you ever got a answer as to what was going on..... I had these symptoms a week ago and spent 6 days in hospital while they tested me for all sorts of things and nothing came up????  It started with tingling in my left left and weakness, then the following day my left arm and then the left side of my face.  The ER doctors also thought stroke and started me on aspirin, etc, etc.
A related discussion, Numbness, dizzyness was started.
A related discussion, dizziness and body heaviness was started.