Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness, fatigue, and nausea, and peircing headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been struggling with dizziness, fatigue, and nausea, and a peircing headache! I am not quite sure what could be wrong. I was doing some research over the internet and thought maybe it could be vertigo, but I am 18, could I really have vertigo? I have had dizzy and nauseaous spells in the past but they recently have become much more abundant. For the past two weeeks I feel as if it comes atleast once a day. I will get the dizzy feeling and have to lay down and im ALWAYS  tired. I dont know if it may be my poor diet as a college student or what, but I do not have the energy I used to have. I always want to sleep. Whenever I take a nap, which I never napped before until this year, I am more tired and I feel worse when I awake from it. I never used to get headaches EVER, very rarely I would get a minor one. However, about a month ago now, I have been getting a random really sharp peircing pain on the side of my head near my temporal/parietal bone. If anyone could let me know what they think is wrong I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.

Other causes of dizziness are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. There are many self testing kits available in the market for testing blood sugar. Also if eating and drinking something helps then it could be low sugar or GERD. Hypothyroidism too can behave this way.

In your case it could also be due to sleep related disorders and not getting proper sleep. You need to see a sleep specialist for this. You could also be suffering from migraine or from temporal arteritis.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. You need proper investigations to reach a diagnosis. Talk to your parents. Consult your doctor.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I've had the same temporal pain for about 5 weeks.  I wake up with it and feel almost constantly. It either feels like a trobbing stabbing pain over my right temple into my right eye or it feels like a wave like tightening over my right sinus area.   I have tried taking advil.  Two doesn't touch it and three just takes the edge off.  I feel waves of nausea and have several instances a day when I feel like I've lost my sense of my surroundings.  My doctor thought I might have an ear or sinus infection or strep throat.  ( I also feel like something is caught in my throat) so she prescribed Amoxicillian.  After 10 days, I don't feel any better.  She said that if its viral, the antibiotic won't work.  She is sending me to an ENT next.  Except for osteoarthritis, I have always been healthy.  I'm  
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This could be due to temporal arteritis. This causes pain while trying to chew. It could also be related to sinusitis, especially temporal one. Yes, ENT would be a good place to start with. If it is temporal arteritis, then you would need to see an eye specialist too. You would need to get your ESR and C-Reactive protein in blood measured. Do you get occasional blurring of vision too?
It could also be case of migraine.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!