Dizziness, light headed, heart racing...?

I've been browsing these discussion boards for a while now, and i still haven't encountered anyone with my symptoms...

Basically, I'm 17, overweight. I keep having spells where i go really light headed, dizzy and then immediately after, my heart starts racing... i feel like im on the verge of passing out, but have never actually fainted, YET.

I went to the docs, they said "everything is fine", it's probably just you jumping up too quick or something like that.

I took the docs word and left it at that, but this keeps happening... I was sat as my PC today, and i went really light headed, tingling sensation in my head and thought i was yet again, going to pass out - but i didn't (thankfully).

I have no idea what could be causing this and i really don't fancy a trip down to the hospital.

Any idea's?

Thanks.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.

Other causes of dizziness are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. Since you are overweight cervical spondylitis is possible. However since your symptoms are also accompanied by rapid heart rate then chances are that you have either low sugar or anemia or maybe some endocrine disorder.

If you have swelling in your legs along with these symptoms then it could be Postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS).  
I think you should discuss this with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Get your blood pressure checked. Also you may need to get some tests done.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Thanks for writing to the forum!

Hi,Am Only 14 And A Few Days Ago I was Walking Home From Football And Suddenly I Felt Dizzy But Earlier I Saw Stars But Then I Started Staggering And Collapsed Does Anyone Know Whats Wrong?
Welcome to the forum!
Since you had this after a game of football, you were either dehydrated or low on blood sugar. Carry plenty of fluids and something to eat with you for your games. Also if this repeats go for a checkup.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Cheers Mate
Well...having been a football player way back when, I would think about whether there has been any kind of a head impact during the game before I would think about dehydration. If there was a head impact, I would suggest you go immediately for an MRI, even though it has been a while. If there has been no head impact, dehydration, as Drnee suggested, would be my call.