Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness, spaced out feeling, head pain, sinus pressure and feeling sh...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 601-741 comments:
I am sorry to hear that you have all those terrible symptoms. If you have a pressure sensation in your head and you feel like it is difficult to take a deep breath, you may also have a hiatal hernia. Hiatal hernia is a very prevalent condition, and some researches estimate that up to 85% of people have it in varying degrees. It is possible for you to have both lyme disease and a hernia, so you may want to look into it. Many times a hernia does not give any distinctive symptoms, so most people never know they have it. Also, hernias usually are mobile, which means that most of the time the stomach is in the correct position and only when it is upset it will go up. And the only way for a doctor to be sure you have it is if he sees it when the stomach is up so most people never get diagnosed.

Good luck,
Pilar
I have all/most of the symptoms mentioned and have also "had" a hernia in the past, which I had surgery on to repair. I have occasional pain in lower abdomen that flares up on occasion. So you think there may be a connection between the two?

I don't know about the lower abdomen pain, but if you have episodes of a sensation of pressure in your head, your chest, and/or dizziness, then I would look at the article I mentioned earlier (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_241-242/ai_107201216/). I have had nothing as big as surgery, my problems were caused simply by vomiting too often so I can imagine that in your case you very likely are having symptoms from the hernia and the surgery to repair it. The bad news if that is the case is that there is not a lot that can be done. I just bought the book mentioned in the article and I haven't read it yet, and I also found online in youtube some videos on hiatal hernia care, diaphragm massaging techniques and diaphragm strengthening exercises that may help. Also relaxation with visualization techniques helps in my case.
This is all that I could find out so far, when I read the book I will know more and will share it (if the book is any good, of course). I only came across that article the other day, but it has opened my eyes. Let me know if you read it and think it explains your symptoms too.
I do not have a hiatal hernia. I have been checked. The pressure I feel in my body is from inflammation and just having an illness that effects the nervous system. In the past when I would develop the pain in my abdomen it would cause a pressure build up that would eventually end up in my neck and head, I would then get a migraine. The vegus nerve runs next to the stomach, behind the liver, next to the main arteries in the neck and then into the head. This is why I have so much pain located on my right side. My nervous system is so irritated by the inflammation and lyme that after the pressure builds it leads to a migraine. My symptoms have improved greatly after being in treatment. My nervous system has calmed down quite a bit. I recently got these symptoms back when the doctor switched my medications. The medications caused a large die off of bacteria and it set off an inflammatory response causing my vegus nerve to be irritated again.
Your hiatal hernia could have also irritated your vegus nerve causing the same kind of problems.
Do you still have problems after having your hernia fixed?
I also went to the chiropractor for years and it was only a temporary fix.
I think most people on this page have a problem with their vegus nerve and it could be caused by many different reasons. Mine is caused by having lyme disease and a bartonella infection. Yours was caused by a hiatal hernia. People here should look up problems with the vegas nerve.
I agree with the vagus nerve connection to the pressure sensations, this is what I have recently found and I am reading a book about it. My hiatal hernia has not been fixed, and I have read that hiatal repair surgery is not very successful and is only done in extreme cases, and mine is not. However, even small hernias can affect the vagus nerve dramatically.

Also, you said you have been checked and don't have a hernia but you should keep in mind that hernias are usually sliding so most of the time when the doctor checks you he will not see it. A hernia can never be ruled out, it can only be confirmed when it is observed. Researchers estimate that up to 85% of the population have some degree of hiatal hernia, so I wouldn't be surprised if your problems are being aggravated by a small hernia. I would recommend that you observe if there is any relationship between worsening symptoms and your stomach (e.g. irritating foods, stomach poisoning, gas in stomach, etc). If so, you may benefit from stomach repositioning massages and other hernia care.
I can tell you that my problems are caused by inflammation. When my doc put me on antibiotics for a bartonella infection, my abdominal pain cleared up along with the pressure sensation in my body. My doctor put me on a new medication after about 4 months of the others to see if it would help nip this infection in the bud. These new antibiotics really killed a lot of bacteria and caused the inflammation to come back and upsetting my vegus nerve all over again. I am currently taken off all of the new meds to try and calm things down. When I have this problem with the vegus nerve, eating anything, going number 2 and just doing nothing can set it off. I find that I have to eat extremely small meals as to not set off a pain and pressure attack. I will probably go back on the first medication I was on since it helped with my symptoms and stopped my nerve pain. I was wondering why you are so sure you do not have lyme that is also setting off your nervous system?

The reasons why I am quite confident I don't have lyme disease are:
1) I have none of the other symptoms associated with lyme disease
2) Around the time the symptoms started I was tested for it and the test was negative.
3) Also around that time I was treated with antibiotics for an unrelated condition, which would have been the treatment I would have received for lyme disease and it made no difference in the test results or my symptoms
4) I have never been bitten by a tick, and never had a rash associated with any bug bite.
5) My symptoms always come in the same circumstances: when something irritates my stomach
6) I have an explanation for my symptoms that has been corroborated by doctors

Lyme disease is a problem that doctors in the past have not recognized enough, but I think that is changing. However, severe as it is, lyme disease is not a widespread epidemic like hiatal hernia (85% of people may have it), because the number of cases are relatively few. I think that when people have symptoms of unknown origin they should consider lyme disease but it is not the answer for everybody. There are so many other possible causes.

Finally, I'd like to add that I am not sure I believe in bacteria die-off theories. Maybe you just had a reaction to the medicine (check if stomach upset/irritation is one of the side effects), or maybe the medicine wasn't working and the bacteria were getting stronger. I believe you when you say that your problems are caused by inflammation, and please understand that when I said earlier that hiatal hernia may be aggravating your condition, I meant that it may not be the original cause underlying the problem but it is adding to it and you would benefit from taking care of it if you do have it. I don't know if you read the article from my earlier post, but you have nothing to loose if you read it.
I am glad I didn't give up on lyme disease as a diagnosis for my problems, even with 4 equivocal test results. Did you ever ask to see your test results from your lyme testing. Equivocal does not mean negative. It means it should be looked into because it may be possible. The problem is doctors ignore it when it comes back equivocal and say it is negative. My problem isn't a reaction to the medication. My problem is from a die off of bacteria from the medication. Look up herxheimer reaction to better understand what a die off is.  The medication I take was not for lyme but for bartonella. If you were treated for lyme then it did nothing to treat the bartonella then that could be causing your stomach issues. Lyme does not cause stomach problems like bartonella does. Bartonella is an infection you can get with lyme disease or by itself. Bartonella is one of the most prolific bacteria in the world. You can get it from fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and even cats scratching you (hence cat scratch disease). I do not have a hernia, I have an infection. I do not have stomach upset, I have abdominal pain (nerve pain) that sends my nervous system into upset. My nervous system will not calm down until I get this inflammation back under control and kill the bartonella. How can you explain for over 4 years I have suffered with this pain problem then I take antibiotics that take it away for almost 4 months, then it comes back when I switch my medication. During those 4 months I could eat anything with no problems. Now I can't eat or have a bowel movement with out an attack of pain in my abdomen, body or head. In the first year of those 4 years I had my gall bladder removed due to inflammation and it could not be explained. After the surgery all of my symptoms became pronounced. It wasn't until treatment for the bartonella infection and lyme diseaes that I was able to get some relief. You should read more about bartonella infections because it could be the answer to your health problems.  
I'm in the same boat with alot of strange symptoms also.  I know my body and I know that I am not suffering from depression. Being depressed is the result of always feeling bad, not living a normal life because of feeling bad and always having every test come back showing that I'm some really healthy guy. I've taken anti-depressants hoping to get some results and the only thing it did was give me more symptoms that made me feel worse.  I'm 36 and I've been suffering from this for a few years. But in the last few months I've been out of work because of severe weakness, dizzyness when I look down, not being able to eat right because of my stomach. I have pain in my ear from time to time, face pressure, burning skin then itchy afterward, and often when I close my eyes it feels very icky. Icky is the only way to describe it and I just want to open my eyes.  At times I feel spaced out and in a daze like I'm staring real hard and have to really try to focus. My memory is getting worse and sometimes I keep losing my place talking because I cant remember my thought. I started to eat very healthy eating alot of fruit and juicing fruit, drinking colloidal minerals and thought I was feeling better last week.  I returned to work this week and the best day was Monday and each day got worse and now on Friday I feel like its all starting over again. I pray and hope there is a solution for all of us soon.
You should also look into lyme disease, bartonella or possibly some other kind of infection. Eating healthy will help cleanse the body of toxins witch can cause most of the problems you have. Juicing, eating raw veggies, high fiber, no white flour, low fat and only good fat, drink only water or green tea and honey instead of white sugar will help you to feel better. It won't be the answer to your problem but it will help.
When my husbands diarrhea, joint pain and sleep problems became bad before we new he had lyme disease we put him on a strict diet. I wouldn't let him have any carbs, he ate only proteins, raw veggies, steamed veggies, honey for sweetener, some fruit but not to much, home made yogurt with raw honey, water and herbal teas and no caffeine for 3 months. His bowels and body pain got better because we cleansed his body. This diet is extremely hard and I wouldn't recommend it except in an emergency. His new healthy condition lasted about 3 months and all his symptoms started coming back. We are two very toxic people and our diet helps us a lot. I do not know why you are so toxic but you need to start looking into it before it gets any worse.
This will be my last post because I don't think this conversation is going anywhere. I just wanted to add that my lyme disease test was NEGATIVE, not equivocal. As you suggested, I looked into Bartonella and it doesn't match my symptoms either. I don't understand why you are so resistant to simply take a look at the article in my post, and why you are so convinced that hiatal hernia is not a possibility that could be aggravating your symptoms. I was just trying to help you and the other people in this forum, I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion. I am very sorry that you and your family have lyme disease and Bartonella, and your quality of life has suffered from it, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has it too, these are still rare conditions. Good luck with everything.
35 year old female...Im experencing some of the same issues as mentioned above, I have severe congestion in my nasal passages to the point where I cant breathe out of my nose, I also have the spaced out feeling, and pressure in my head. When I feel this way I instantly go into a panic, and thats when the dizziness and lightheadness start..Its really beginning to effect my quality of life...does anyone no of any natural remedies for these symptoms?
Don't discount hormones, just because you are 65, They do lessen but your body could still be reacting to the levels. Also, I have all this crap. I hate the shaky stomach feeling that I get. Makes me not want to eat or do anything. I have given up trying to get help from the doctors I have seen. They just scratch their heads and try to put me on antidepressants, which I refuse to take. Seriously, the only thing I have found that makes me feel any better at all, is slow, deep breathing. Might sound crazy, but try it. It will also help bring your BP down and keep your heart rate more level. I know I don't breathe properly because when I get nervous or upset, I HOLD my breath. I don't hyperventilate. So if I just remember to take nice deep breaths, slowly, in through my nose, out through my mouth, it does help and sometimes it helps allot.
so what have you dont for all these systoms?
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have alot of the same symtoms (symptoms) I am reading and then some. I was hoping to try to find some answers since other than allergies doctors have chalked this all up as anxiety.
Here is a run down on my story:

It all started last year with some eye problems, my family noticed some blinking (more like squeezing) of my eyes when I moved to the west coast of FL from the east coast. Had some eye tests run and received a very small script for glasses for reading. Symtoms (symptoms) continued, I started getting dizzy, naseaous and blurred vision when driving long distances. This continued to get worse and by December I was adding symptoms of fatigue , body aches and trouble swallowing food chest pain, trouble breathing, heart palpitations, fatigue,burning pain in my lower back, stiff neck with pain in the back of my head, heavy sinus pressue with multiple sinus infections and constant digestive issues. After 2 trips to the ER and multiple visits to my primary care physician I started to see specialist. Gyno ruled out any female conditions, GI Doc diagnosed it as IBS, Opthamologist ruled out any eye conditions, ENT said chronic sinusitis, Cardiologist said my heart was fine and the Neurologist said it was anxiety.
After 5 rounds of antibiotics, 4 months on antidepressants and a ton of reflux, ibs meds, and over the counter junk I still feel terrible.
I recently had some allergy testing done which showed I am allergic (severely) to just about everything other than foods and started me on immunotherapy shots twice a week, I  am also seeing a chiropractor. I am able to eat normally again no trouble swallowing but still experience the sinus pressure, eye pain, burning back and neck pain, stomach pain and indigestion, stomach noises (sounds like gas in the tummy), constipation, diahrea, fatigue, dizzy spells, seeing spots, as well as something new in that I suddenly will get warm and dizzy and both of my ears plug up where I can't hear a thing for 5 - 15 minutes. (This is rare but still happens. I'm still very tired and have no energy even though I eat well and am exercising regularly.

Test that I have had done include:

Barium swallow, Endoscopy, Stress test, Echocardiograham, Allergy testing, CBC and multiple blood tests, (A Rheumotologist has ruled out auto immune diseases), X-rays of chest, back and neck, MRI of the brain, CT scan of the abdomen.

I don't know where to turn next after seeing all these doctors and having all these tests run. I do have some anxiety in my life but then again who doesn't? It shouldn't make me feel this bad daily. Please if someone has the same symptoms and has received any type of diagnosis or could let me know their experiences I would love to talk or get some advice. Thank you all!
You need to get tested for lyme disease and co-infections that can come along with lyme disease. If you read some of my posts and my journal pages you will see the similarities. I have many more symptoms that I have not listed. Please contact me if want information on how to find a lyme specialist in your area.
A negative lyme test does not mean you don't have lyme. Testing is based on your immune system response. Your immune system is likely compromise if you have had these problems more then a few weeks.
Hi,  I am new to this forum as well, but I have been reading everyone's posts for a month or so.  I am a 45 year old woman and I have been experiencing almost the exact symptoms that you describe.  It started this past January very suddenly.  I was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease 6 weeks prior and started on a drug for a symptom of Celiac.  I began having trouble breathing, (sighing constantly), felt like my heart was beating in my head, ear pressure, severe neck, shoulder and back of neck pain, migraines, and occasional floaters and moments where I will have no vision in one eye.  The eye pressure is constant as is the palpitations and sighing.  I have been to every doctor you mentioned and more.  I had MRI's of every part of my body.  X-rays and EEG's.  Blood tests on a daily basis.  Every time I would go to another doctor, I would be on another medication.  I rejected anxiety the first few times I heard it, but then decided that since there were no other explanations, I would try it.  The anxiety meds did nothing.  I then explored Lyme disease.  My first Western Blot test came back positive but I wanted to be sure so I went to an infectious disease doctor.  He was very doubtful about Lyme as many doctors have been taught to do and he said I needed to take an Elisa test.  The Elisa is usually the first test that is supposed to be done according to the CDC.  That came back negative which really confused me since the more advanced test (western blot) came back positive.  I had another Western Blot and it came back positive again.  I then decided that it was important to see someone who was more knowledgeable with Lyme.  I saw Bernard Raxlen in NYC who is a Lyme literate doctor.  He spent a great deal of time with me discussing my symptoms, etc.  He sent more specific tests to a lab in CA. called Igenex where they know what to look for.  All of these tests were fairly expensive, but I felt it was worth it if only to rule out Lyme.  My Lyme test came back positive and a F.I.S.H. test was also done looking for co-infections.  That test found that I had a parasite that is also carried by ticks called Babesia.  Babesia causes all of the symptoms that I was experiencing.  I began taking antibiotics immediately, but because of my body's difficulty in absorption due to Celiac Disease, it wasn't doing anything.  I am supposed to now get the antibiotics through an IV in my arm or chest but I have been very reluctant to start due to the fact that it is such a lengthy process and a little bit of a nuisance.  I love to run and ride my bike, so having the IV sounds like it may interfere with those things. I am scheduled to start the IV drugs in 3 weeks.  Please try to get better testing for Lyme and do not go to an ID doctor for Lyme.  Good luck.  
There isn't really anything that makes these symptoms any better.  I do get some relief of balance issues by going to the chiropractor.  My fatigue and muscle weakness could be due to the fact that I just discovered I am extremely low in testosterone.  I'm starting t-replacement therapy to get my levels up so I will see if there is any improvement with that.
Lyme disease will cause all of your hormones to either be to high or to low, usually low. It can mess up your blood sugar, blood pressure, body temp., cognitive abilities, coordination, vision, digestion, bowel movements (diarrhea and or constipation), and cholesterol levels. Not to mention terrible body pain in the muscles and joints. It also causes very low vit. D levels and low magnesium levels. Our endocrinologist pointed us towards lyme when she saw that my husband, son and myself all had blood sugar problems, hormone problems, chronic fatigue, and body pain. She told us that we should see a disease specialist to check for lyme disease. It is unheard of for 3 family members, different sexes and ages to have all of these same problems at the same time. Hearing about the political problems about lyme and getting proper treatment, we decided to see a lyme disease specialist.
Replacing your hormones may help some. The problem is you are not treating the underlying problem. It is likely you have terrible inflammation in your body and when this happens it inhibits the body of properly utilizing your hormones. I had terribly dry skin, hair, constipation and puffy eyes. I am on thyroid hormone medication for hypo thyroid but it didn't help with those problems until I went on antibiotics for the infections in my body. The antibiotics helped get rid of the inflammation by killing and slowing down the production of the infection.
When would I expect to see something happen with the antibiotics?  I've been on them for a couple weeks and I haven't had any herx's or anything.  I'm only on 200mg a day of doxy but I would think I would notice something.
In one of my posts to you, I told you that you are on a very low dose and it is unlikely it will do anything for you. We were on 200mg twice daily. We were on the low dose for a few weeks then went to the higher dosage. My husband and son didn't see any difference. I on the other hand started herxing real bad about the 3rd month. Everyone is different. It depends on what you have and your body chemistry. I think the only thing we noticed on the low dose was a slight increase in energy and that was it. I think the antibiotic was helping to clean out our sick colons somewhat. I hope you are taking some good probiotics a few hours away from you antibiotics.
Thanks.  My GP is the one who prescribed the antibiotics and I asked for 400mg a day but the pharmacy told him that 200mg 2x a day was the max for treating Lyme.  I will have to get in to see an LLMD for proper treatment.

I am taking a good probiotic at noon and again at bed time.

When I went on the doxy for a 3 week trial I also noticed a slight energy increase.  Thats when my GP told me to take it for 6 months, but this time I'm not noticing anything.

On my Igenex test I was tested for Bartonella and it came up as negative.  Can this be inaccurate as well??  I don't have a lot of the Bartonella symptoms but I am having a lot of eye pain, light sensitivity, floaters, and very dry eyes.
My lyme md told us that testing for bartonella and babesia is less accurate then testing for lyme. My doc did tell me that the eye floaters, light sensitivity, and dry eyes are caused by lyme. I am sure the eye pain has a lot to do with the inflammation in the eyes. He said that bartonella can cause eye pain as well.
My son is currently being treated for babesia and has extreme fatigue. He sleeps at least 10-12 hours a day and never feels like he is fully rested. I am impressed that a GP would recommend 6 months of doxycycline. That never happens. He must believe that lyme is more serious then it is made out to be by the CDC. You should be thankful you have a GP that has helped you in this way.
Doxycycline can be nasty stuff. Towards the end of our 3 months of taking it, my son and I were having a lot of stomach burning and discomfort. Don't hesitate to stop it if this happens. Doxy can burn the linings of you throat from acid reflux. You will likely not have this problem because you take the lower dosage.
You should wait until you see your lyme md to be on the higher dosage of doxy. Your liver enzymes will need to be checked when you are on the higher dosage and the lyme md may prescribe medication to help with any stomach upset.
I lost my train of thought. The reason I mentioned babesia is because there can be different severities of this illness. Do you suffer with unrelenting fatigue, air hunger - have to take deep breaths or sigh often, have night sweats, low grade fever, insomnia, or itchy skin?
I have severe fatigue... well I don't know if fatigue is the word because it's not like I would fall asleep at any given moment..... it's more like every ounce of energy is drained out of me.  This has gotten worse over the years to the point where I now feel like I'm dragging around cement blocks everywhere I go.  I figure this is because of my extremely low testosterone.  Air hunger?  Ummm... I do sigh often yes, I sometimes feel heavy chested like I need to focus on my breathing in order to do it correctly if that makes any sense.  I was exercising a bit the other night and I said to my wife that I feel like I need to get more air in my lungs so this could be air hunger I suppose.  This I figured was due to my 10 years of smoking (quit 5 years ago).

I don't have low grade fevers, night sweats, itchy skin, and I sleep well at night.  I keep thinking that because of not having some of these classic symptoms, and the fact that I have a negative ELISA and a negative Igenex western blot that I won't be taken seriously by an LLMD.
If you are going to a LLMD you will be taken seriously. Having even a negative test on Igenex means nothing. Your immune system is probably so week it can not show antibodies to your illness.
I know that I have air hunger and it feels like I have someone standing on my chest at times inhibiting proper breathing. My doctor is unsure at this time if these symptoms are babesia or my vegus nerve being effected by lyme. I have to treat bartonella first then he will determine this.
You may think you sleep well. Ask you wife if you toss and turn. Do you wake up feeling rested? I slept so deep that I would not wake up for anything and yet I was still tired the next day. My poor husband who also has lyme would be so restless and would always be tired.
Everything lyme does to the body effects so much. I forgot to tell you that my husband 45 and 19 year old son both have low testosterone.
The lack of certain hormones can likely effect our sleep along with many other deficiencies.
Have you had a chance to look at ILADS web site?
By the way I thought you were female. You may want to change your gender on your profile page.
Lol, thanks.  I didn't know my profile said Female.  I couldn't find where to change it so I will have to investigate that.

As for sleeping, I had a sleep study done and it showed that I moved my legs all the time.  I kick my wife every now and then too :).  It showed that I also have sleep apnea and I'm underweight for my age so it's not related to weight.  I used CPAP for 3 months and it didn't even put a dent in how I felt so I stopped.  Lyme seems like the logical explanation to me... I don't know how one person could possibly have so many different problems all being related to different issues.
Restless leg syndrome is very common for lymies. It is likely that lyme has messed up your brain chemestry that controls your sleep patterns. We all have had to resort to taking a sleep aide prior to bed. Our son takes 1/2 a dose of the lower dose ambien and it has helped him tremendously. Most of his symptoms have gone away because he gets better sleep.
You sound like my husband with the restless sleep. He and I take temazepam 15mg or less mixed with water. We open the capsule and mix with water. We do not want to over load our bodies with a sleep aide because your body can become used to it and rely on it. The problem is that is necessary for proper sleep. You will feel much better and I am sure your wife will as well if you aren't so restless.
My husband is also underweight. He has always had a fast metabolism and is an athlete. He has lost a lot of his muscle mass do to fatigue and pain caused by lyme. Light exercise is necessary to keep oxygen circulating through the body.
Low testosterone has caused my husband to loose his hair on his legs.
Low thyroid and infammation has caused him to go bald. Baldness does not run in his family.
Western medicine does not look at the body as a system that functions as a whole. One problem leads to another. Lyme causes a cascading effect until every body system is effected.
My husband suffered hypoglycemia that was caused by hypothyroid. The thyroid can also be related to your cholesterol levels. My husband is prediabetic -this means he is insulin resistant and when you have this condition it can effect your blood pressure as well as your cholesterol. Lyme has caused all of this.
We eat very healthy. Low carbohydrate, high fiber, no sugar, lots of fresh verggies or steamed veggies, high protien, water and herbal decaf. teas only. Stevia or raw honey as a sweetener. Also 5 small meals  a day. This sounds like a horrible diet but it will help get some of your energy back because your body is constantly fed and it will lesson the stress on the adrenals.
You may want to get checked for insulin resistance with a 3 hour glucose tolerance test with checking insulin levels every hour.

The health problems we have has really made us think about everyone else in the world with these same health problems and wonder if lyme causes them.
I was addicted to sleeping pills and benzos for several years so I try to stay away from those now.  Sleeping pills will get you to sleep but you don't get the quality REM sleep that your body needs if you take them on a regular basis.  I think that for me taking them for so long made me chronically sleep deprived.  I now take 600mg of Gabapentin (Neurontin) at bedtime which has shown to improve REM sleep.  Since I've been doing this I'm actually sleeping the entire night without waking up until morning.

Thats interesting that you mention about your husband lossing some hair from the low-T.  I have heard of this being a symptom of low T but I don't seem to have this problem.  Perhaps it's not low enough.  I'm 8 nmol/l with around 22-24 being normal for someone my age.  I still think it's quite low considering the average 85 year old man is around 13 to 16 nmol/l and I'm only 29.

I must try to force myself to get some exercise.  I bought an elepticle and have only used it a couple of times.  It's just hard to find the energy some days.
My husband being 45 I am sure has something to do with his hair loss on his legs. My 20 year old son has lower testosterone then my husband and he doesn't suffer hair loss on his legs. I am sure age has something to do with it. You need to try and change your diet along with adding certain supplements. You shouldn't do cardio unless you know your body can handle it. If you are fatigued before and after then it isn't beneficial. It is better to lift light - moderate weights, walk and swim.
Has anyone had any relief from any kind of medications or supplements?  I have tried a number of things from anti-anxiety medications, anti-depressants, supplements that promote cognitive function, cerebral blood flow, and the list goes on.  The only thing that has helped somewhat are anti-anxiety medications but all the do is make it easier to live with the problem because your sedated and don't care about anything.  Just wondering if we could share in anything at all that helps.
I created a group that will allow us all to interact with each other, share our feelings, ideas, tests we have had, things that have helped, what we know, or what we don't know... basically anything that helps us cope and keep hope in finding answers.  Please join the group and share your story.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/For-Those-Feeling-Spaced-Out/show/1266
I am a 17 year old male and have the exact same symptoms as you.. Exactly!, I am always worried that there is something wrong with me becuase of these syptoms (symptoms), and i worry that there is something wrong inside my head, like have a got a brain tumour or am i going to have a stroke or something, im really scared of whats wrong with me, have you got any more information on what we have? or whats going on? thankyou kieran
Dizziness; spaced out feeling; poor concentration; pressure in head; light sensitivity; chronic fatigue; excessive yawning; muscle twitching; weakness; inexplicable pain in limbs .... these are all symptoms of Chronic Habitual Hyperventilation Syndrome.

Annie Roy-Barker
Consultant in hyperventilation
Hi, I also have the same symptoms. Head pressure that starts in the back of my neck and moves into my eyes and when it happens I feel real out of it and disoreinted. THis is very scary when it happens and doesn't last long. Also I have pain in ramdom places and vison distortion from time to time. I'm in need of help the doctors done a mri but couldn't find anything.  
I was wondering if you could help me i'm also experiencing odd pressure in my head. It usually starts in my neck and goesup and behind my eyes. WHen this happens I become very disoriented. It doesn't last long but its scary. ALso I was experiencing vision distortion for a while but that went away. I'm not sure what to do. I had a mri done and it came back normal.  
So, I am reading everyone's posts and thinking this is me to a "T". Since December of last year, I have been experiencing extremem bouts of dizziness on a daily basis followed by an intense pressure in my head. This causes me some anxiety as I have been to many doctors, had many tests done (lupus, lymes disease, mono, adrenal insufficiency, thyroid function, antibodies in the thyroid, etc.) and they all came back normal. I have had probably 5 CT scans of my brain as well as an MRI and they were all normal. I have been to two neurologists, one cardiologist, an endocrinologist, a gastroenterologist, internists, chiropractor, ob/gyn, etc.  When I have these "episodes" as I have now termed them, I get extremely dizzy, nauseas, sometimes vomit, flushed, I feel jittery and anxious that something is terribly wrong. Sometimes I only have pressure in the head and other times I have actual pain (headache). I have had problems with my memory and keeping up with simple tasks. I sometimes forget words I am trying to say and find myself searching for the right word to use or my tongue getting tied up while I am trying to talk. I also on occassion have intense throbbing pain in my thighs and sometimes the arch of my foot as well as itchy palms and fingers and feet. Does anyone know what it might could be?
I have very similiar conditions and I am really starting to think all of this, or most, is anxiety related. Take your case for instance--You have been to all of these doctors and nothing is showing up? These are professionals and should be able to help your solve your problem, you would think? I have also been to a lot of similiar doc's and have had many tests with no answers. I am going to try a anxiety specialist and see how that goes and let you know. Would certainly make sense in theory. Anyway, hope you all are hanging in there and keeping a positive spin on things. It can only get better, answers will come! :)
Could thi sbe lyme disease even if I tested negative. My father is a hunter as a hobby, and my mom tested positive with no sympotoms and went on the medictaion. For the past 2 years sudden symptoms have begun and continued to progress. They began with severe fatigue a rash on the chest but not a bulls eye more blisterish in nature and slight depression suddenly for no reason or change in lifestyle pace.  Then my joints started to feel stiffened and slowed movements or reaction time began to  occur. Then the stiffness hit my neck and was worse than any stiff neck I ever had. This lasted ha slasted till present day. The drs did blood work extensively including Lyme disease and autoimmune diseases like lupus or MS and brain MRIs and CT  scans but all were  reported normal.
Then my vision started to get blurry which I wasn't alarmed because I have had migraine history. But these vision changes were more doubling with heavy weakened eyelids that were difficult to keep open and focusing problems Then the last stage was neurological symptoms of mild dementia beginning. Having trouble with memory, slowly getting confused in familiar places and struggling to recognize people and objects, accompanied by extreme insonmia and newly developed anxiety attacks, which create fainting. The drs have reassess and redid the MRI of brain  and Spine and EEG of brain waves with more blood work and a nueropsch test for memory with reasoning, I scored average which to me wasn't impressive for a honor graduate in college. I also have bruising that develops for no reason and rashes that come and go. The drs tested the blood for enceophalopathies which are brain disfunction diseases but all normal results with anemia tests also normal. I really don't know where to go from here my career has taken a huge loss and am almost homebound at 26 and  had to leave my job due to these horrifying  progressive symptoms. I have never traveled out of country and need advice on how to get answers from this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have many of your symptoms, but not all.  I have seen every type of specialist and recently went to a rheumatologist.  He thinks it's fibromyalgia.  Look into it.  It happens supposedly when your body cannot handle pain.  Your brain does not process the pain signals well.  It is triggered by an illness, injury or after extreme physical or emotional stress.  I'll let you know if I am able to relieve my symptoms with this diagnosis.  I am visiting another cardiologist soon as well.  Good luck.  
as i was reading your post I thought I wrote the post! I to have had everthing that you have and my heart goes out to you. All the tests they put me through the medicines that didnt help the comments like is your husband trying to hurt you or you need to seek help because we are finding nothing wrong with you. I knew something was wrong with me I was sick !!!! changing of my skin, eyesight, the gray color and lack of in my face I am now on all natural medicine to boost my immune system for lymes desease, barbasia and bartonella that I have had for over three years that dcts did not find when I told them I had lymes they said tests came back negative more than 65 % of tests do come back negative. My desease has buried itself in all my soft tissues and my nerves. Since Ive been on all this natural meds Im starting to feel better I have good days and bad days but the good days are stating to out weigh the bad .please get checked for lymes and if they say you dont have it find a good LLd who can help you like I did I will pray for you the power of prayer does wonders.
Just caught this link on the Doctors show, might not be anything, might be answer for some???

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/82
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist. He had no explanation as to why it came on so suddenly. I am a very active person who eats very healthy. I had gall bladder surgery 6 months prior and many of the problems I had from the ill gall bladder didn't go away after surgery. I started getting more and more symptoms. The rheumatologist had no explanation for this other then possible low serotonin levels. He also said it was likely I would get rheumatoid arthritis because my r-factor was elevated, this was over 2 years ago. No rheumatoid arthritis yet.  He couldn't explain why I had swollen glands, constipation, headaches, neck pain, eye pain, dry eyes, heart palpitations and stomach problems. I decided to look into lyme disease through a specialist because I have heard about all of the controversy. My lyme tests never came back negative. They were always equivocal. This means it should be looked into as a possibility but never was. My lyme doctor said that I have lyme and a bartonella infection. Bartonella was the cause of my fibromyalgia, depression, excessive crying, sore feet, swollen glands, heart palpitiations and stomach problems. He said that he would address this first and started me on antibiotics. I noticed a great difference with my pain with in a few weeks. I have been in treatment for this infection for over 4 months. It is a very difficult infection to get rid of. I can tell you that my pain has decreased so much that I recently went back to the gym. You can believe this or listen to a rheumatologist that has no medication that will cure you. I am in the process of being cured from my illness. I will go after the lyme infection when I am done with the bartonella one. You have to look outside the box if you want to be healed from you condition. I could not live with being on medication that wasn't making me better, just masking the symptoms for the rest of my life. I chose a very controversial treatment that has helped me immensely. I hope you all look into it. What do you have to loose except this horrible illness labeled fibromyalgia.
Oh my goodness. You sound exactly like me. It is almost that I can hardly go on. I feel HORRIBLE about 3 weeks out of the month. RIght now, I have such extreme body pain/aches, that I can hardly stand it. I am alway feeling in a daze and pressure in my forehead. I just basically feel bad, bad, bad all the time. I know it is not depression. I have gone for many blood tests but everything is always normal. I am always tired. I have tried supplement after supplement but nothing works. I do not know what else to do. I should not have to live feeling so awful. I am 42 and healthy so this makes no sense.
I also have had similar symptoms for quite some time and am looking into Atypical migraines, take a look and this may account for some/most of your symptoms. Hope this helps
All I can say to everyone here is try the Biomat, I've been using it and it helps my pain and I often fall into a deep sleep at night after using it. I seem to have more energy as well.

I'd like to add that I don't work for this company nor get any gifts from them, I just think it is a good product. I've been to their free center here many times in the los angeles area and they have been really nice. they have taken the time to explain to me how it works and have not pressured me to buy one.
I try to do daily treatments or go as often as I can. Hopefully next year I'll be able to afford one.
how much are they and where can you buy one?
You are not suffering only from depression, you are suffering from an underlying disease that makes you feel bad, an inability to thrive, and therefore you are depressed.

I am quite certain that your underlying illness is a systemic fungi infection or/and a yeast overgrowth throughout the body. Your condition (illness) can be diagnosed as CFS, Fibromaligya or even be the cause of people getting Multiple Sclerosis.

In your case, it will take a long time, maybe up to two years, but you can get 100% healthy again. And that includes all the mental stress your condition has given you.

The reason why 80 % of all md cant help you is that they do not yet know enough about the condition, it is a modern epedemic caused by our changes in diet and the rapidly mass use of antibiotics the last century. This is an serious illness that needs to be taken seriously, and it can be life threatening. I have been struggeling with 90 % of the symptoms discussed in this thread and every post sounds familiar. For the last month I have taken 50 mg of diflucan and followed an Atkins' Diet (No carb/sugar;Sucrose) and my symptoms have gradually been better, after been very ill for the last three years. Yesterday I increased my dosage of diflucan up to 100 mg, the response came after 30 minutes made me feel shaky, head pressure, worsening of tinnitus, itchy scin, suddenly feeling very cold and tired. But after 1-2 hours I felt much better again througout the body. like averything clears up. especially my mood, I litterary get happy and this fog I have felt I have been walking around in on and off for the last ten years (and all the time the last five years) of my life suddenly disappears.

This post accounts for 95% of people on this thread btw.

My Symptom list last ten years:

Headaches, (migraines, pressure inside head, local head pain and on the top of my neck, also pressure in sinuses)
Swelling on the right side of my head
Fevers, not often very high
Feeling of something inside me
Anxiety
Chills
Sore throat, ( very sore in evenings)
Itchy eyes
Huge acnes
itchy skin
Pain and tingeling inside ears
Sore and blemish tounge (also white or yellow coated)
abdominal pain
loose stools
constipation
pain different places in my body
weird dreams
Itchy urinal tract, I have had urinal infections couple of years ago
recurring blemmish penis (looks like paper cuts under the head of the penis)
Feeling worse after eating
Leaky gut
Food intolerances
Sensitivity and high intolerance for brewers/bakers  yeast
Dehydration, my worst nights I have been drinking a lot of water every 3 hours

I have had a lot of bronchitis infections as well as a kid, and used an ashma inhaler for asthmatic bronchitis often a long period after my infections.

I was in hospital for two weeks after a heavy skicrash when i was 16, and had surgery in my crushed elbow.

All of these incidents and symptoms have encouraged yeast and fungi to thrive in my body and all the antibiotics I have taken over the years have made the condition worse, this fall my life was in danger until I got the right treatment.

Hope some of you will check this up, I will not be very active on this forum... but send me a message if you have any questions. I wish all of you the best, and merry christmas...
http://www.lyme.aquahobby.eu/candida.html
As many as half of the people who believe they have Lyme disease – even those in whom Lyme was diagnosed by their doctors – probably don't have the disease. The reason for misdiagnosis, in large part, is that blood tests used to diagnose Lyme disease are prone to false positives. Relying on results of the blood test alone can lead you and your doctor to believe you have a disease that you really don't have.

-Taken from http://www.arthritistoday.org/community/expert-q--a/fibromyalgia/fibromyalgia-lyme-disease.php
search the web, call and see if they have a place near you. the small mat is $550 the large one for your bed that you can sleep on at night is $1500. I know there are other places that sell far in-fared red mats but I think Biomat is the only one that also puts out negative ions.
I have a positive for lyme disease and so does my husband. We both became ill around the same time. My fribromyalgia pain has decreased significantly since being in treatment. It is almost compltetely gone. I am on a sugar free diet and have been for over a year. I only ingest about a teaspoon of honey a day, eat only complex whole grain carbs in very small amounts, drink only water and green tea, eat only fish and poultry, no dairy products unless I make homemade yogurt and exercise every day. I was on this diet for about a year with little change. Why then when I started medication for the lyme and bartonella infections did I begin to get relief? This is because I do not suffer with a yeast infection. I have lyme infection with a secondary infection called bartonella. My symptoms always flare around every 4-6 weeks when I have die off of the bacterias. Thank you for trying to help, I don't need any because I am already taken care of.
Sorry, I did not read all of your posts and the orginal message was not supposed to be directed to you. But as I read your posts I understand that you have suffered a lot with your condition. And one thing that I found strange was that your husband and your son also have had Lyme problems? Chances for this ocurring must be very small, bad luck I guess?

Seems like you have had problems over many years, and have been on some long antiobiotic treaments. Many people suffering from Lyme get a lot of the symptoms you have described after the treatments they get for the Lyme Bacterias, because of the antibiotics killing the the good bacterias in your gut that keeps a yeast family called Candida in check. When this happens your body can become a host for yeast and fungi that can cause many problems. This is something that is not yet covered in modern medicine and that can be regarded sometimes as an mental illness by doctors since their equpiment for discovering theese infections throughout the body is very limited, but thank god this have gradually been given more attention, rapidly, the last decades.

Seems like you have been on a diet that will not be appreciated by yeast and fungi cells in your body, as yeast cells especially thrives in a glucose rich enviroment. And I am not suggesting that you have a problem with yeast/fungi, but if you feel that your lyme treatment never gets you as healthy as you should, you may check this up and your doctors may not be helpful with this issue. If this really is your problem, a diet alone will not get you back on track without taking antifungal medicines in combination.

Regards,
Thank you, I will keep it in mind. Lyme treatments have helped, it is just very slow. I am feeling 10 times better then I was in 2009. In the past I felt like I was going to die because I was in so much pain along with cognitive difficulties and depression. I do not feel this way anymore.
I have the exact same symptoms.  It's difficult, because they seem to run a vicious cycle. The symptoms of vertigo, unsteadiness, "checked out" detachment or haze, migraines, and the "I'm about to pass out" feeling.  If anyone knows of any homeopathic remedies, it would be much appreciated.  
You may want to consider getting tested for lyme disease through Igenex labs and see a lyme doctor. If your symptoms run in a cycle it is likely do to die off of bacteria. I don't know what kind of bacteria, you have to get tested. Lyme and other bacterias always follow a cycle. Lyme is every 4-6 weeks. Many lyme doctors use herbal remedies as well as antibiotics. I take both. I am sorry to say that for your symptoms there is no simple fix. You can contact me if you want help finding a lyme specialist in your area.
Look this i seriously need a comment back off any body who had or known any 1 like this and the result of it please read and reply.. i am up for MRI brain scan because i have cronic (chronic) memoey loss short tem .. dizziness smelling burning feelsing brain fogged out and worried to deathg i have a brain disorder i feel like killing my self 23yr old male i drink on weekends and take recration drugs but it helps me at the time well here goes a long story my doctor says he is pretts sure its anxiey but hes worried because i smell burning all the time i get like cronic (chronic) ear pains in back of my ears for a few seconds every 10 mins also feels like something in my head is infected i get a dull horrible burning pain my body and my musles are burning a lot to for no reason i am out of my mind at the moment because of this my vision is blurey at times and im alwayz dizzy. i have constantly got a runny nose witch i smelll burning from so it HOPEfully is sinus not a brain tumor people say its all in my head it aint in my head its real or i wouldnbt be crying out for help!,

say i always get crazy night mares due to this i am feeling unwell i have broken up from a relation ship and dont even care dont love cant love feel brain dead i cant focus on any thing when i burp some times it hurts my ears  and so on its unbelevable what is wrong wiuth me i just need help i see a counsler but not working this is y im off for a mri scan to see y i smell burning and getthere sensations i dont care about anybody i am selfish because of this its horrible !! but i feel so lazy i am in my own world con stantly and nothing in reality seems real il be sitting there my eye twitches constantly my musles in my legs twitch all the time as well and my hands burn up like there on fire  i sometimes can not feel them i look on google and look at people stories who think there is something wrong with them and they seem fine when i read it no body mentions smelling burning feel lost ect well any normal person would be depressed or heartless after a relationship is over wel me i dont care i dont think i cant thing i slure my speech some times and i am seriously aggressive is like a switch personallity . as i speek i can smell burning terrible and my head keeps aching and my ears do i am loosing sent in taste smell and everything i try and get on with life the best i can because i am trying to make my self believe its anxiety but this aint its something diffrent because of all these symtoms (symptoms) i have a realy bad memory what i am woried about i dont no what day it is most of the time nd what i have done in the day its unreal, im loosing abilitys to think do things or make any kind of effort i feel down and out !! the doc says your a wreck with anxkiety and depression and these symtoms (symptoms) can all be corsed by anxiety and depression WELL CAN IT i would rarther get an ansa off somebody who is in the same leauge as me my head is numb i cant move my neck some times andi stutter a lot well can a bad sinus infection do the smelling burning ear p;ains ect ??? right i no hypocondracs believe there ill and iv have been diagnosed with it but if you was like this no way isit hypocondria anxiety ect it cant be reason being ... the 100 symntoms what i keep listing  aint a  mental illness no chance its cronic (chronic) and im scared to death its a brain tumor because there identical symtoms (symptoms) .... smell burning ... mood swings .. lost memorys .. feel dissconected ... ear pains... loss of reality .. gone dumb ..burning head infecturus pains in head .. body feels ewak ... and so on i seriously could go on and on but PLEASE reply i need more help ASAP thanks for reading this if u have plz reply with advise

What with taking all those anti-biotics your natural pro-biotics may be out of balance, aka: yeast. You may have an infestion which has gone systemic. I have the same symptoms, Google "Dr. Whiting, Robert Harrison candida" for 2 of the best ways to treat and learn about how serious it can be.
I HAVE HAD DIZZNESS FOR MANY YEARS. EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY YOU DO NOT HAVE SINUS YOU PROBABLY DO. GOOD TO USE SINUS RINSE DAILY.  PAY ATTENTION TO WEATHER CHANGE.  WATCH YOUR DIET.  CHOCOLATE, CAFFINE, ACID FORMING FOOD ARE BAD. CHIROPRACTOR, ACCUPUNTURE, MASSAGE ARE VERY HELPFUL. A PRESCRIBED NERVE PILL HELPS WHEN YOUR REALLY FEELING DIZZY.  I BEEN USING FOR SEVERAL YEAR WHEN EXTREME WEATHER CHANGES SILK MASK PURCHASED ON LINE, I WEAR THEM AT NIGHT OR ALL DAY IF NECESSARY.  IF IT SINUS COLD WEATHER INCREASES SWELLING.  USE WARM COMPRESSES   ON YOUR SINUS FACIAL AREA.  MY DOCTOR SAYS DAIRY IS A NO, AND SUGAR.  BASICALLY VEGETARIAN BASE DIET I FEEL THE BEST ORGANIC IF POSSIBLE.  I AM ALMOST 100 PERCENT FEELING GOOD IF I FOLLOW THE ABOVE.  THEN I SLIP AND REMEMBER WHY I FEEL LOUSY AGAIN.  BE AWARE OF DAILY BAD HABITS AND CHANGE WE WILL FEEL BETTER

i would look into having your vitamin d checked i had all of these symptoms plus some and my dr found i had a level of only 20 and normal range should be 32 to 50 it has been said some 80% of people are deficient and dont know it when all my symptoms started i was diagnosed with anxiety and was even told i was a hypochondriac and it was all in my head it can be hard to function sometimes but it will get better god bless
my husband, son and myself all had very low vitamin D. It is one of many conditions that lyme disease caused. Our vitamin D levels are now normal but we still have health problems because we still have lyme disease and are still being treated for it..
Have you been checked out for Borrelia?  If you have it, drugs and alcohol will certainly make you feel worse.  Ask a doctor for a Western Blot and see what you can learn about the disease to seeif it's a fit.
i have a same problem, but i know I have ear problems like tinnitus. Fluid inside that comes up early March,minor spine pains (upper) and also sinuses. When I am around the beach, inside stuffy room (mouldy) or talk for a long time it gets
worse. Did see ENT, many doctors with no luck. Its been 3 years now and did what I could, now I told myself nobody can help me so I made some techniques like concentration, breathing kind of therapy,  time management and endurance walking, until somebody comes up with the solution this really works for me because I was becoming anxious. Try it it works better for me.
maybe environmental allergies... do some research on chem trails and the toxins being sprayed/aerial spraying, ...people are sick with coughs, sore eyes headaches, aching body, scratchy throat and loss of voice .
I had all those sysmptoms for years and doctors kept saying there was nothing wrong with me.The fogginess and full head feeling with dizziness.  Found out it was candida causes my strange symptoms, Google it.. Candida..Doctors do not really believe much in this syndrome but tell that to all the people who are sick with it.
So did you get rid of your problems?
I underwent treatment for lyme also but all of my symptoms still continue and now i test negative over and over and over again.  Getting IV antibiotics is way better than getting them by pill.  I know that it dont sound great but it responds a hell of alot better.  The iv they were talking about is not an IV it is called a PICC Line or Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter they tap into the upper part of your arm about 1inch in from the inside away from the chest and thread a small tubing catheter to the near the hear xray and call it done although there are downsides to this there are many benefits to it.  the other one that your doctor was talking about is call  Central Line it is place just below the collar bone.  I would recommend a PICC LINE first simply because there are less of a chance of complications because it is further from the heart and it has two ends called lumens sometimes 3 it depends on how many antibiotics you take at a time and how many a day because they only like to use one once a day the good thing is when you have blood drawn they dont have to poke you and are NOT supposed to if you have PICC line.
Just watched a show Mystery Diagnosis on the Discovery channel and found out there are so many different types of Lyme disease that you can have it and test negative. Only a special MRI will show the inflammation it will not all show up in blood test.
Hi all,

I read some of the comments and i have the same symptoms as all of you. Foggy brain, tiredness, serious forgetfullness and feelings of detached reality.

Someone posted earlier a thyroid disorder could be the problem. Go look at this website and to me this makes alot of sense.
http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/thyroid/overview.php
Finding this site has made me feel human again thank you all so much
ive been having these symptoms for over a year now and it has begun to make every day a real struggle. Even getting up in the morning is a strain and i find myself just hiding under my quilt. Ive seen countless doctors and nothign has been said as to what i have. Ear infection, nose, throat, eyes...endless.
ive been on around 12 different medications
three of four different nasal sprays
My concentration seriously lacks and from reading this ive now addressed that i am seriously anxious all the time.
i just want to say thank you because seeing this is making me feel stronger to get myself sorted.
i have a lot of the same symptoms have had for years went to see an ent surgeon said its most likely menieres disease its too much fluid in the inner ear causing lots of problems especially dizziness headaches, ear pressure and pain, balance problems and some deafness theres no cure for it he gave me serc tablets and have to have a fairly salt free diet still dont feel great tho its been about 6 months since i saw him im hoping it gets better soon please god,,,,,,i hope this helps you,,,,,god bess x
Hello Tile girl ~ Just have to tell you and everyone in here that I am experiencing all of the symptoms you are! I recently had a visit with my doctor 2 days ago...for my physical and I was shocked at his attitude and diagnosis, I do not even know where to begin with all of this! I am so discouraged and overwhelmed by my illnesses that I feel like my life is over at 60 I have, severe headaches, sinus disease in which I have had 5 surgeries for, stabbing body pain and well and body pain, joint pain, neck pain so bad that I wake up in the middle of the night with these horrible headaches with a combination of...sinus headache, neck pain, sever body pain, joint pain and feels like my head is going to blow up! I am sick alot I had a bout of colitis that lasted 7 months , I was scared I was going to die! What was done...nothing, I have been to many doctors and right now I am taking 112mcg of levoxyl med for my thyroid! I do have a small hyhital hernia as that was found 4 years ago! I am sick all the time, everyday and no relieve...my friends and family do not understand and I feel alienated from them...my daughter understands but she lives far away! I have no support group and feel like no one listens to me! I am alone with all of this, and I do live alone! When I was a little girl I remember having a tick bite on the back of my leg in the crease of the knee it swelled up and a boil was a end result of the tick bite...back then when I was 10 years old they didn't know crap about tick bites! Seems like my doctor isn't interested in helping me to get better, he took my migraine meds away from me stating I was having rebound headaches...LMAO Give me a break I was like this before taking this medicine...so now I am on amitrityline 25mg at bedtime, and he gave me fiornal with aspirin in it...yesterday I was very sick and felt like a truck ran over me, I have had many tests and well not having good insurance I feel like I am being neglected in very important areas! I get sick to my stomach after I eat and sometimes don't want to eat, I carry crackers with me all the time...I do not drink soda only green tea, I eat good foods and barely eat junk! I have a feeling that I am never going to get help for this and feel my looks and body are beginning to show the wears of the illness I am very scared and feel desperate that I can't find help! I am not a hypocondriac...I hate that word! I want to be well, have a job, a house and normal lifestyle and maybe even have a boyfriend...right now I can't because I am sick all the time! I am crying out for help...please what can I do???
i've always had allergies to too mold and dust, but never done much and just ignored it, however a few months back i woke up with the typical groggy feeling associated with allergies, but after a few days i began experiencing pressure like feelings around the top of my nose which has pretty much persisted up until now, ive also become a lot more tired and irritable and lack a lot of concentration and more anxious, my cat scan scan has been clear yet when my allergist looked into my nose with a torch he said that it was one of the most inflammed airways that he has seen in years, nasal spray, rinse and anti histamines do nothing and i basically feel sick all the time and tend to be less patient with people, would allergy shots help for this or could it be a sinus infection from allergies, my doctor, allergist and ent wont be give me a satisfactory answer...
I feel for you as I have many of your symptoms and have for 6 years. I recently started a program called naet with acupuncture and its helping little by little. Its based on the fact we all have allergies to many things. Its all natural and you can rid yourself of the allergies with acupuncture. Since you've tried a million other things its worth a try to check this out. The naet website has a practioner finder so you can see someone who practices it properly. Good luck and I hope you find relief someday very soon.
I've lived with pressure and nausea and mental confusion for as long as I can remember (since childhood) and I've had a lot of mundane and idiotic diagnosis thrown at me from countless doctors such as tension headache, stress, depression anxiety, none of which really add-up. It's a terrible way to live and it's extremely distressing that no one can seem to figure out what is wrong or take you seriously... At some point, in my early twenties, after I had a "major headache episode" which to this day remains a mystery to the medical establishment,  I decided to don my doctors cap and try to diagnose the problem myself. Armed with my own MRIs and extensive Internet searches, I've concluded that I had some kind of cranial deformity that was displacing and putting pressure on my brain. Anyone one with eyes to see can clearly point this out on several scans. It doesn't take a doctor to figure it out. Considering the overwhelming evidence and the number of doctors and specialists I've seen and the bizarre treatment I received under their "care,"  the only thing I can conclude is that the medical system is a complete SHAM, and there are far more people out there like me suffering quietly. Perhaps the problem is so big that it is an unspoken contract to sweep the problem under the rung and just push meds. I know I'm going to be labeled and tin foil hat wearing conspiracy wack job, but the evidence is clear and It can only be interpreted one way. Just like many industries, the healthcare industry has really good marketing and PR people. They deal with problems that are obvious, like having a heart attack or injuries related to accidents and sometimes they perform miraculous surgeries, like the face transplant, but its all in an effort to maintain the public's faith and therefore dependency on them. Why do you suppose there are so many malpractice suits??? Unfortunately, the problem is much bigger than just high or low blood pressure, high or low blood sugar, red blood cell count arterial stenosis, migraines, cluster headaches, depression, anxiety, etc... For many people the only solution is surgery. And that's assuming you can find a doctor who will grow a pair or develop a conscience. That's because doctor's, lawyers politicians and college professors do indeed have god complexes. They literally regard us as human livestock (I have friends that work in government that have mentioned this) and regard themselves as flesh and blood gods among men. And they have a vested interest in maintaining control of our "inferior"  minds. It seems they have developed a fool proof solution. A brain "governor." After-all, they tell us we only use 10% of our brain capacity... When are we going to wake-up???
has anyone in here died yet?
i honestly think the medical community is a bunch of hackjobs aswell
my doctors look at me with a black stare and tells me to eat my colace as if it's going to solve my neurological problems too
i literally want to run across the room and attack sometimes
it seems like they want to see me die so i can just shut the **** up about my health
these people have absolutely no regard for my health or safety they just want to prove that they are "medical geniuses" and their knowledge trumps all the symptoms i have developed over the years
i feel like we live in a communist country sometimes with all the insanity and the egotistical hacks they put in places of power
these people are so off the wall they literally don't admit that they made a mistake (putting me on the wrong meds, giving me the wrong advice)
then you go back and they look at you like your some kind of hyponutjob dingbat who lies for attention
as if i want to put my family through hell begging them for the money to pay for all of this ****
these people also take your money without solving a damned thing
they are power hungry psychopaths who just want to validate their own existence by telling you "under the right diet nutrition and blahahhaahahh you will be fine"
your speach made me realize that they are just like the rest of the state owned filth that i hate so much
as long as they fill their bank accounts and get their checks from me they couldn't give a **** whether i lived or died tomorrow
i can't count how many times i paid for a visit only to be disappointed turned away and told that im "imagining my nausea scalp pain and my extreme constipation"
this is why they **** me off let me run you through with a little example of what goes on in my life
doctor: why don't you do this
me: already tried it still can't ****
doctor:why don't you do this
me: made it worse
doctor: well i just don't know what to do maybe your imagining some of it most of this could be psychosomatic(as if not taking a dump for a month straight is "psychosomatic")
me:............well what about the head pain it's getting more permanent and worse and im getting dizzier and dizzier and disorientated and certain noises bother my equilibrium
doctor:............??????...........
i haven't even gotten one ******* ct scan or mri yet they just won't recommend it and my parents aren't going to do **** without their interest aswell as my own
im in limbo over here
a very confusing deliberate sick twisted limbo that no human should be part of

well maybe im paranoid again
but sometimes it seems like they just want to take from me and my family without ever giving back
they just want to pretend "if im wrong he must be crazy"
when there are people who are suffering and the doctors must know all they think they are directly responsible for my constipational recovery but it took my own research to figure out my problems.
but they don't even listen to the tension headache bits it's getting ******* awful
my scalp doesn't even feel the same and i think im gonna die one day during these bouts of disorientation
this planet makes me sick
when i was young i thought i was invincible
now i feel like a vulnerable piece of filth that could croak at the drop of a hat
Since December 2009, I have been dealing with many of the same symptoms as a lot of you. This all started when I got sick with a double ear infection and sinus infection. After several rounds of antibiotics over two months, everything seemed to clear up.

Then the fun began. I have never had headaches. Not even the slightest ones. But I soon developed severe migraines that would literally stop me in mid speech, make my eyes water and nose run. Before long the headaches were 24/7 at a level 4-5, with spikes of 7-10. I tried all pain meds and cocktails of them. My doctor prescribed some narcotics, but I hate drugs and only used them when I had spikes.

At the same time, I developed tinnitus in both ears and a horrible creepy crawly feeling on my scalp, with pressure. At first this drove me insane, but over the last few years I have learned to deal with it. But, it never goes away and is much worse some days than others.

I began to lose track of time and also lose control of simple motor functions. I would stop talking in mid sentence and space out. I drop things constantly, and seem to have lost a major amount of strength.

Then came the seizures. Sometimes but rarely full body, daily in my right side, mostly small tremors and shaking. Also, absence seizures. Those are the ones where you just stop functioning or can't complete simple tasks like setting a glass down or closing a door, yet you know it.

Finally, everything came to a head when I came home from work one day and passed out in the bathroom. No reason. We talked to my doctor again and she recommended I get a neuro consult. I put it off for a few weeks until I passed out again. We went to the ER and had a CT done. Nothing.

I went to an ENT and Audiologist. More CTs and MRIs. Nothing.

Finally I went to a Neurologist. He immediately ordered me onto Depakote, a anti-seizure medication that is also prescribed for migraines. He was no help. The second neurologist ordered every MRI, MRA, MRV with and without contrast, dye, etc. He also ordered a spinal tap and EEG. Nothing.

The migraines and other symptoms are now complicated with mass amounts of joint pain, nausea, dizziness and memory loss.

I do not have an answer yet, even though we have tested for Lime disease, MS, tumors, spinal disorders, heavy metals, various infectious diseases and more. I have found a middle ground to survive.

My local doctor, a friend and full MD and Natural-path, and I have tried every combination of meds, both natural and chemical to give me some relief. Currently I have receive two acupuncture treatments a week and take 750mg of Depakote a day with 300mg of Tramadol. I also try to nap an hour a day.

My headaches are managed at a consistent 1-2 with spikes of 3-4 as long as I don't work too hard. If I put in a physically exhausting day, I lose control of everything and migraines hit me hard by 2-3 in the afternoon.

I don't know if this information helps anyone, but I thought I should add it to the list. I have not given up as this is no way to live.
Over the past years, I have been struggling with eye promblems.  For example, like a week ago, I got all messed up with my eyes, and my head hurt like crazy! It lasted for like ten seconds, that how much it usually lasts. However, today, when I was in the shower it came, I thought it would go away but it didn't. After ten seconds I got out and layed in my bed for I don't know how long! When I felt better enough to walk I told my mom.  I'm only 13 and I have these prmblems! I'm scared!!! Please help me!
Just went to the doc yesterday....  he said my ears look fine..... I was so angry because they hurt..... I figured it looked like ground beef in there..... Then he told me it's TMJ..... I again was so angry.... I actually thought he just thought I was lying or a hypochondriac..... When I got home I googled tmj...... All my symptoms were accounted for...... Dizziness, ear pain, ringing in ears, ear sensitivity, headaches!  it all makes sense now..... Also realizing I do have constant facial pain!  hope this helps!
  I think I may be able to help some of you as I have been given a diagnosis and am starting treatment for identical symptoms that many of you have, headache,dizziness, feeling weird and spaced out, vision degrading and often blurred, pain behind my eyes, severe ringing in ears, difficulty seeing things close without blurring, etc....I have been diagnosed with Dural AVF...basically what it is, and very generally speaking, its a failure of the capilaries controlling blood flow from the veins to blood vessels in the cerebel and extracerebel regions (brain), in my case, I am actally lacking a few capularies and supposdly several people are actually born missing these capilaries. The ringing in my ears is probably the most hated as I just want a break from it and per my doctor, that ringing is actually your blood flowing through the blood vessels. The capularies are supposed to regulate the flow of blood from your veins to your blood vessels, so basically they act as a flow control device (regulator). In my case, I am often getting too much blood flow to certain areas of my brain thus causing all the above symptoms. I am still in the process of resolving the problem which requires 1 of 3 surgical processes...levels is a better way to put it as it is the same surgery but the actual action is based on the severity of the issue with 1 being just implanting a man made capulary device , 2 being actually closing the vessel, and 3 is radiation of the affected area...dont over think this please and I am not a doctor. I am merely passing on to you what I am currently going through myself as many of you seem to be having the same issue of not getting an answer with your symptoms but you know something is wrong, as I went through this for about 8 months before a neurosurgeon discovered this from extensive MRI, CT scan, and angiography of the brain, and all that from military doctors too (imagine that) ...Hope this helps and hopefully we can all get back soon and resume our normal lives.
  I have something very similar to this.   When I stand up, I get dizzy and my eyesight either goes black or has the dots that float.   It becomes hard to breathe and I think I almost faint because my knees give and I have to hold onto something.  I'm only 13 and my mom thinks this is from low blood pressure, but I'm not sure.   I can always hear my heartbeat in my ears, and it gets louder once I stand up.   When this happens, I find it hard to concentrate on everything around me, and the ringing noise also sets in. This doesn't really happen at school, just at home, and it feels like I have adreniline I haven't used.  Thoughts? I'm not scared, just slightly curious and confused.
I have been dealing w all symptoms for 6 months now. Been to docs n specialists. xray, ct, mri...all fine. Specialist suggested today pt. Has anyone tried ice packs to relive symptoms?? I call the ice packs my lil buddies. I have 4 of them. Try icing back of your neck, then shoulder that is affected (even put under armpit) Also then forehead, cheeks and under chin....The best thing is putting it on top of my head. I can actually feel some tingly creepy crawler type feeling that temp. relieves some symptoms n swelling. Nasonex has helped....when I wake up in the morning I take anti inflam meds and drink a whole bottle of water n use ice pack laying down..can actually feel  some pressure going away. Temp fix but does relive. Was told allergies/sinuses, n inner ear. ??? Never had allergies n my ears r fine. sinus was told fine too. Its horrible cant n dont want to do anything...esp drive. Ice is my buddy for now. It has been a bad year for allergies everywhere. Have heard of friends being on antibiotics for 3 months due to sinus problems and inner ear. Drink lots of water if u have swelling. That helps! I hope we all get better and find out what is really wrong w/ us!
I get headaches on one side of my head (the right side) its been happening for awhile now, I mean on and off for a couple years(but when it hits me its like a ton of bricks gets dropped on my right side and i cant do anything eat nothing) sometimes it happens everyday for weeks and my ears hurt and nose and sometimes i cant breath out my left nosril and my face will hurt mostly on my right side behind my right eye and my right side of my forehead and when it happens i get this strange smell sometimes when the headache hits me i wont be doing anything and it will come anyways, so i kno it aint noises or watching tv causeing it. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I KNO SOMEONE GOT TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE WAT I JUST WROTE PLEASE AND THANK YOU
I get headaches on one side of my head (the right side) its been happening for awhile now, I mean on and off for a couple years(but when it hits me its like a ton of bricks gets dropped on my right side and i cant do anything eat nothing) sometimes it happens everyday for weeks and my ears hurt and nose and sometimes i cant breath out my left nosril and my face will hurt mostly on my right side behind my right eye and my right side of my forehead and when it happens i get this strange smell sometimes when the headache hits me i wont be doing anything and it will come anyways, so i kno it aint noises or watching tv causeing it. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I KNO SOMEONE GOT TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE WAT I JUST WROTE PLEASE AND THANK YOU and im 22 years old and it came back last year and its been on and off since i was 17 18 years old but i can remember it happen one time in middle school when i was 15 16 THIS HEADACHES TAKE ALOT OUT OF ME AND IM JUS A YOUNG MAN
this literally made me cry because its the exact things im going through and cannot seem to get any answers also... i was once a very happy person also, but now this is just taking over my life... </3
I've been dealing with these symptoms for over 20 years.
I've been to countless doctors over the years and according to them, I'm fine.
I wish I was as healthy as the medical community says I am. Maybe I could have graduated high school with a diploma instead going back for a g.e.d...Maybe I would have been able to be a better parent to my kids (I feel like I completely missed their childhoods, I feel like I failed as a guidance and role model).. Maybe I could have done something with my life instead of just "getting by" because my fatigue stops me or because my unfocused, scattered, reduced cognitive brain won't let me learn anything new (so what's the point in continuing education when I can't retain or understand what is being taught?), and in fact, I have been declining... I forget words, I have a thought but can't verbalize, I have began to stammer because I am tripping over words because I can't remember them.. I have NO hobbies or fun pastimes because I don't have the energy or focus..
But yeah, I'm fine.. Because the doctors do a few basics tests and won't do anything extensive because "we don't see any preliminary reasons", they don't see anything, so apparently, the symptoms don't exist, right?

I may be a bit bitter. I see my life continuing on with no joy, no excitement.
My husband has taken my to Maui, Cancun, Puerto Rico, Aruba, Madrid and Paris and I could not get excited to go and when we were there, was too tired to explore.
Do you know how messed up that is?? Do you know how profoundly disturbing it is to have (essentially) missed  out on my life??
ok, i do have a hernia,is there anything you can suggest ,the pressure in my head makes feel as though i will fall down when standing
I have had 2 hernias and feel the same way, wonder if there is any connection? Do you happen to have sinus pressure, brain fog as well? hmmmm
I have had pain behind my ear n across back of my skull for 4 wks now. My ear feels full n ringing in my ear 2 which is worst at night. Can't sleep at because worrying there is something seriously wrong with me. When I try 2 sleep my minds thinks of loads of wierd thoughts that don't even make sense n makes me worry more. I get terrible numbness/ tingling in my fingers at nite n feel like my brain is spasming out. I have 2 doctors 4 times, dentist incase it's my wisdom teeth n eye test. Everyone things I'm being silly n it's nothing 2 worry about but I know my own body n something isn't right. Can anyone other some advice or help feel like I'm going crazy!
Hey, after reading your post I can "almost" say with certainty that most of your symptoms are caused by anxiety.  I'm sure there is an underlying issue that disturbed you in the beginning, which then caused the "fear" and anxiety which caused the other symptoms to follow.  I've been down a similar path myself and am still trying to discover the underlying issue.  I have dry sinus issues and dizziness myself. Mild neck pains and am not sure how any of them relate to one another and how to get rid of them.  I don't get all worried about them and anxious, however, they are still disturbing and I am going to try a food allergist among other things things to try and find alternatives solutions as the doctors I have visited have been less then helpful.  Although I can't help you with your underlying issue, hopefully you can relax a little to hear that most of your symptoms are more then likely a result of your anxiety and that those will subside the sooner you can relax, give your brain a little break and stop thinking of them, but still try and figure out what might have lead you to this feeling in the first place.  Best of luck and hopefully your feeling better in no time :)
I got into an accident 9 yrs ago and had surgery on my jaw. I've been having pain for the past couple of yrs and I'm starting to have pain in my ear. At times I can't hear, n lately I've been feeling dizzy. What can I do? I don't exactly know what kind of doctor to go to?
Ever since I've started taking Lamictal I have these little dizzy spells that last for like 10 minutes or so. That didn't really concern me that but yesterday I took my medicine and probably not even 10 minutes later I got dizzy. I brushed it off cause I'd had these before. Not longer after though I couldn't walk without my husband holding me up and even then I thought I'd fall. We got to his dad's cause we had to take him somewhere and I literally stumbled up his stairs. When I got inside they got me some food and some apple juice. The food was fine but after maybe 2 sips of the apple juice it got 10 times worse. It got to the point where things were double and like an inch and a half away from each other. This lasted for almost 12 hours and that wasn't even after I slept for a good portion of that time. I had a little episode(?) ago that didn't last long, well I went to sleep after it started) but I've got a headache now and I'm exhausted. My memory is shot too but I don't know if that is from all the seizures I've had or from these. It's scaring me whatever it is.
Hi, I read through all these posts, took forever...so many suggestions about what to look for etc.

No where do I see anything about iron overload, and I continue to be amazed at the amount of unawareness of this common genetic disorder that is so rarely diagnosed. My husband was just recently, about a month, yet ALL the above posts contain his exact symptoms, and now knowing what he has and researching this disease it all makes perfect sense what he has been feeling.

From fatigue, body pain, memory loss, brain fog, lack of energy, low libido, ringing in ears, skin problems, joint pain and chronic body pain, dizzy, sweating, cramps, heart palpitations and racing, shortness of breath...the list is endless AS YOU ALL DESCRIBE.

They found this by accident...we have been trying to figure it out for 10 years.

I encourage everyone, and this is my advice, as 1 in 9 people in N America and of European descent are carriers of the mutated copies of the gene responsible for loading iron, and 1 in 200-250 people will develop symptoms or complications from iron overload. It is endless. And some of the common ailments iron overload is responsible for

Diabetes
Liver cancer or cirrhosis
Heart failure
Osteo athritis or fibromyalgia diagnosis
Parkinsons
Alzheimers or dimentia (dementia)
IBS, colitis

88% of people with breast cancer have iron overload, and the cancerous breast has 3 times the amount of iron found in normal breast...

Colon cancer.

Cancer cells in all of us need iron to thrive, and as excess iron becomes free in our body it becomes a free radical and is picked up by cancer cells needing the iron for growth.

Excess iron is bad for us. We need very little for optimal health.

Testing for iron overload is not a routine blood screening. Should be for people with these type of symptoms. Early detection is the key. Even small amounts of excess iron can begin to do damage, with people feeling generally bad, and worsening over time with fatigue and joint pain initially. Eye and vision issues, skin problems like excema and psoriasis.

Anyone with elevated liver enzymes that stay elevated or have risen and have no other explanation need to be checked for hemochromatosis.

Docs are missing this at an alarming rate....

People with liver damage or cirrhosis that don`t drink and no other virus to blame, iron overload.

Diabetes, as the iron loads onto pancreas and causes damage.

Congestive heart failure. Second to liver damage in iron overload.

Iron stores onto brain and causes memory loss, fogginess, energy levels and personality changes.

Loads on pituitary gland and people develop hypothryoidism. Men have low libido, hypogonadism, and women can have menstruation trouble.

Vision loss, or foggy eyes, blurry, feeling like a film over eyes. Floaters.

Dizzy, nausea, abdominal pain, chest pain...

So, hope I shed some light on a major health issue, the issue is that drs. have a certain criteria they look for before testing for this and it`s not sensitive enough to catch it in early stages. And they are so lab-obsessed that if you fall within the normal range and you still complain they treat you like a hypochondriac and send you home with pain pills or anti-depressants or sleeping pills.

This is all real, you can look it up freely as I have and the information is endless and if you cross-reference your articles, you`ll see it come up time and time again.

Dr. Blaylock has an excellent article I recently found, and irondisorders.com or Canadian Hemochromatosis Society and even wiki has a great article on it and explanation titled HFE Hereditary Hemochromatosis, and in it you can cross-reference hundreds of things relating to iron.
I am hoping someone can help me! Last week I went to the ER; I was experiencing fatigue, throbbing head pains (off and on, but they would last for about 1 minute, intense pain, and then go away for 2-3 minutes, and then come back- this lasted for about 3 hours) and stomach pain ( a feeling like I had to go to the bathroom). After eating, the feeling in my stomach was worst. Well the doctor said it was more than likely a virus; my mom insisted I went to ER because she thought I might have meningitis. Dr. assure I didnt have that and presribed a med that dessolves under my tongue that chemo patients take to help each the nausea and headaches. I vomited once during all of this. The symptoms went away for a few days, but now they are back. THe headaches arent as bad; its more like a disoriented feeling and sinus feeling in my head with same stomach ache; I am also getting the chills and numbing in my arms.
I am only 35- this is really scaring me; its the first time I have experienced these types of feelings. I do drink about 1-2 glasses a wine a day and smoke cigars. I am really trying to break these bad habits because they could be making these symptoms worse or be the onset of them. I am at the point now that I want to get a MRI because my vision seems weird; somewhat cloudy and my head feels weird also.
If you can offer any advice, please do so.
Scared  
I am very confused and i don't know what is going on with me. I am 21 and in January 2013 it will be 2 years that i have been feeling dizzy. The symptoms i have been experiencing are heavy feeling in the eyes, pressure on my head, foggy head, temporary blurriness of vision, zoned out, pressure between the back of my head & neck, sharp pains periodically (no major headaches), i feel weak and not in the mood to do anything. When i turn around fast, bend over, or close my eyes when standing i get dizzy. The funny thing is that it comes and goes. Sometimes it'll go away for a day, week, or even months but then it will come back. I have been seeing doctors and so far the tests i have done have came back in excellent condition. For example (CT-Scan, Glucose Test, etc.) I am currently seeing a Nuerologist Specialist but to this day he has not found out what is going on. Can someone please help me and give me info on what i might have. Im sure majority of the posts on here feel what i feel and know that it is extremely annoying and just wants to get rid of it and live a normal life. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 21 year old daughter just came home from being out with most of these symptoms I'm reading about here.  I've been going through my own health issues and doing years of research now.  I checked her blood sugars and they were a bit low.  Also, she ate out and did not eat organic which is what we eat here at home.  Today there are more pesticides and things being done to our food that is loading our bodies with more toxins (ex: genetically modified organisims)  I'm also seeing many of these symptoms could be a sign of lyme disease and the main testing used today for lyme is 40 percent accurate and doesn't take into account that there are co-infections to lyme as well which are not tested on this basic test.  So bear that in mind.  I'm going to put her strictly on organic foods and watch her symptoms and doing some detoxying for heavy metals on her.  If this doesn't work, I'm taking her to a naturalpath doctor for a true diagnosis.   Our air has all kinds of stuff in it, as well as our food and water.  Many of these chemicals are hormone disruptors.  I hope that by posting what I'm doing for my daughter, may help some of you or at least steer you in a direction.  
Please post your findings to what you come across with your findings, thanks
Did the IV treatment work?
Hi all, I'm new to this website and forum but have many if not all of the same symptoms!. I was hoping to try to find some answers since I’ll be seeing my third neurologist at the end of Dec.
Here is my story:

It all started three years ago with eye problems, dry and blurred vision. Had eye tests run and received a script for glasses for reading. Symptoms still continued, I started getting dizzy, nauseous, blurred vision, off balance and the worst felt like I was going to pass out. This continues to get worse every day. I now have symptoms of diarrhea, body fatigue, dizzy spells, nausea, seeing spots, burning pain in my feet and legs, pressure in my head, pain in the back of my head, ringing in the ears, sensation of passing out, feel like I have sinus pressure, but no cold or allergies that I know of. After multiple visits to my primary care physician, Gynecologist, Optometrist, ENT, some to be three Neurologists I don’t know where or what to turn too next. I feel like I’m crazy!  Multiple dialogizes, meds, therapy…still no answers, I still feel awful!

Test I’ve had so far:  
Endoscopy, Stress test, EKG, Allergy testing, pull panel of multiple blood tests, X-rays of chest, back and neck, MRI of the brain, CT scan of the head.

I don't know where to turn next after seeing all these doctors and having all these tests run.Please if someone has the same symptoms and has received any type of diagnosis or could let me know their experiences I would love to talk or get some advice. Thank you all!
I have had Head pressure, tooth discomfort, stiff neck, pins and needles, numb to the right side of my face and sinus pressure including feeling dizzy. I have tried all types of medication and saw different types of doctors even the pain clinic but not one professional from the medical team can explain my problem, told I will just have to live with it! Does anyone have the same problem that managed to get help? Please.
Half the people on the thread sound likes they have what I had/have LYME DISEASE! The problem with lyme disease is the testing. The CDC  recommends two tests that do not work well if you have had lyme beyond a certain time.  The tests for lyme are based on immune response and if you've had it in your system for a while you have NO immune response to the lyme! Unfortunately, most doctors still go by these guidelines and only use these two out-dated tests. So if you think lyme was ruled out, think again. You need to go to a doctor that specializes in lyme that will" test out of the box".  I went from an extremely healthy happy individual that never went to the doctors to a frantic sick person going to countless specialist. Even at my sickest all my blood work came out great, most people with lyme have blood work come back good. My B12 and D3 level was low and that was all they could find.  I was so incredibly sick, I had vibrations in my feet and worst tremors in my head. In the end, I felt the lyme crawling through my body and face at night it was maddening.  When it first started getting bad it was in my feet and strange feeling in my head, I had a twitchy eye and sometimes part of my lip would be numb. I  thought it may be MS and I was able to get a CT scan of the brain and a neurologist ruled this out.  I had the" immune response"  lyme tests several times but it kept coming out negative.  I kept reading and kept thinking if it not MS then this must be lyme, it's the only sickness that seemed to fit. My MD refused to help me further when I suggested lyme again.  He told me it was anxiety or allergies, just wrote me off which was BS! I was really sick, really needed help and was made to feel crazy. My symptoms kept getting worse and I had the idea if I were to get antibiotics I would be able to see if it was an infection or not. Plus I could not go on like this and was dieing inside. I went to a local walk in complaining of an urinary issues (which I did have because of the lyme) to see if I could get some antibiotics thinking if the antibiotics worked it was most certainly lyme.  I knew that confusing the situation by telling the walk in doctor may not get me anywhere so I did not tell him anything else. Guess what, I was giving antibiotics and the antibiotics worked! Only problem was it was short lived because I needed more for the lyme. Being on antibiotics for 10 days only put the lyme to sleep and when the antibiotics were gone everything came back with a vengeance a few days later. A week later I found a lyme doctor that did not go by the CDC recommendations and tested me further with a lab called Igenx. He gave me antibiotics right away while I waited for the test results knowing that my symptoms were most likely lyme. He could tell I was mentally hurting from the tremors and lack of sleep. The Igenx lab took three weeks to get an answer and when the results came back I was told I do indeed have lyme. I am releived but it is a slow recovery.  I have been on antibiotics now for 2 months and feel much better, Im even sleeping through the night for the first time in months. What people need to do here is read through the lyme information and see if it fits (not the stuff on the CDC website much of it is outdated and just plain wrong). Don't go by your negative lyme testif you've had one! That CDC recommended tests only come up positive less then half the time because of the window you fall into with your immune system. Ticks carry over 30 different types of infections all have their own symptoms some that are the same and some different.  I had/have the lyme that infected my nervous system and I had very little bone or muscle aches till the end, it was mostly internally in my brain( very scary). Although I did have swollen joints and aching later in the disease. In hindsight I know the very beginning one of my earliest symptoms  was constipation a few weeks out of the month (lyme has a cycle).I believe it is kind of a defense mechanism for the lyme bacteria so it can stay inside its host. I was also peeing a lot for some reason but still don't know why it was the opposite. Another earlier symptom was my teeth/gums hurt so incredibly bad, It was so bad I went to a special dentist thinking I needed periodontal care.  I was told I didn't have this and was confused why my teeth and gums hurt so much.  Here's a list of my most recent symptoms just before I receive help: cold feet and hands, problems sleeping through the night, confusion, fog brain, Epstein Barr virus (this virus seems to comes out when something is attacking the immune system), twitching limbs at night, clicking joints,  short term memory issues,dizziness, tired, swollen glands (especially back of neck) vertigo, very dark urine without being dehydrated.  All of the physical symptoms were much worse at night, I read this is because the body is at its lowest temp at night perfect for the lyme to grow.  If any of this sounds like you, get tested for this it's worth knowing and getting treatment before it gets real bad like mine. Do a Google search to find a doctor who specializes in lyme disease or you won't be tested correctly. I hope I helped !
I have been having the same symptoms! Actually right now and I had to get out of bed because my anxiety took over and my heart started fluttering and tingling in my legs became so strong that my legs actualy started to spasm. Currently have a headache, head whooshing, dizziness, and feel like I'm losing control. This was all triggered about 6 months when I had a severe sinus infection that resulted in inner ear problems. But since then I have been fine until last week when the tingling and everything else started. I feel like I'm dying and don't know what to do anymore.  If anyone has an answer or can help me please do because I'm struggling severely with this and being in a new state now, 25 year old male, my family is over 1000 miles away and I'm losing my mind because they can't help
I tripped on a bike at work and in trying to save myself jarred my back slightly. At the time I only had mild pain in my back back nothing else. As the days went on I started having pains in my left arm around the bicep area. Some times it felt like a cramp that would not let go and left my arm feeling heavy and weak. After 3 weeks on holidays I had no problem, but my first day back at work where I had to lift a heavy item the pain has returned. I don't have any worse pain at night but the pain comes on quite severly and suddenly even when I am at rest. Anyone else suffer these symptoms?
I have not gotten a chance to test this theory out myself yet, but I encourage everyone to take a look at this site if you are looking for answers:
http://vsofm.com/
I have also had similar issues, trying to figure out what is wrong with me.  I have blurred vision, and lots of "floaters" in the eye.  I constantly feel pressure in my head, and soreness at the back of my head.  I have dizzy spells on a regular basis.  I also can't get to sleep at night without taking a sleeping pill.  My Dr. prescribed me with a sleeping pill to get me to sleep, but I was only sleeping for approx. 5 hours a night.  So, she has now added a anti-depressant to help me sleep longer.  Works great for sleeping, but hasn't helped with the head pressure, blurred vision & pain in the back of my head.  I feel like I'm going crazy and just want to feel normal again.  I've had these symptoms since the beginning of November 2012.  Going to the Dr. on Monday to try and figure out what is going on!!!
I feel the same way. Spaced out, dizzy, stomac issues and severe sinus pains. It all started one day. It's terrible and nothing seems to help. I'm desperately in need of some help.
Did you look at the link I posted? I have an appointment in April to see if this is what i'm experiencing. I've been experiencing these symptoms for around a decade. Worth checking out for sure
I to have all of the same symptoms as every last one of you for two year I get a tightness in my head dizzy feeling out of body and foggy feeling I grew to hate my life everyday this would happen several times a day lasting one hour to 4 hours. after 1000 trips to the er and finally a 3 day stay at the hospital I was cured. returned home sick agian wtf right wrong guys they found out I had aspartame poisoning from all the diet this and that I consumed since stopping the diet stuff and taking a multi vitamin I've been attack free for over 6 months
I have had Anxiety since I was 9 years old. I am 28 now and was laid off about a year ago. Throughout my adult life I have had the occasional dizzy spell, usually when driving in an area that is either wide open to the horizon or has a lot of depth and varying colors/textures. Mountainous and hilly terrain could occasionally trigger moments of panic. But up until July of 2012 these were a very rare occurrence and were easy to overcome.

In my early childhood when Anxiety first started I was given Immipramine (think that's how it is spelled). It isn't the typical anti-depressant. It actually helped my mind relax and allowed me to focus better. I also lost a lot of weight as a result. After about a year of it, I didn't have any more anxiety attacks until my second last year of High School (1995-2003 without an issue). Took it again and voila, no issues.

My neck and back have become soar since then. I have also noticed that the symptoms slowly started to come on after my accident. Crashed my car, was unconscious for a few minutes. These were few and far between. Now it has come back ten fold. The dizzinessis at it's worst during the day and in particular on Sunny days. At night, the symptoms usually disappear unless I have been inside all day.

I have had some success with lying down and reading blogs like this. I also find in the throes of a panic attack that checking my vitals and reciting my ABC's and loved ones' Birthdays helps re-assure me and keeps my anxiety from leading me to the thought that I am having a stroke or a heart attack. When I get dizzy while driving, all I can do is pull over and wait it out. Sometimes removing my jacket or loosening clothing helps too. It's a horrifying feeling but I find repeating "You don't control me, I am in control" in my head over and over and sometimes out loud (If I'm alone) can help. What works depends on the day. I have a suspicion that my eyes may be triggering the problems. I'm going to have my vision checked first. IThan I will be checking my ears, than my neck and shoulders (Massage therapy) and hopefully it will get better after one or all of those. I may also go back on immipramine but I do my damnedest to avoid meds.
The face you mentioned that you have a suspicion that your eyes may be triggering it lead me to this possibility. Might not be the answer but please check it out :) It's called Vertical Heterophoria" . Look it up, you might be surprised. Good luck
TYPE or For the past year I have been suffering from anxiety and other unusual symptoms. Which was really uncommon for me because I always felt like the happiest person on earth. As I look back on the occurrence, it seemed to be triggered when I had drank a iced coffee from McDonald's. At first it was mild, and only lasted for about 3 months. Within that three months of my first experience with anxiety I can become pregnant. In my first trimester I suffered from extreme fatigue, mild vertigo, and brain fogs. My conclusion to this was that it was probably related to my pregnancy, and would eventually subside after I give birth. During my last trimester of my pregnancy the anxiety, fatigue, and vertigo went away. But then I developed another odd symptom. I started having problems with my eyes and nose, my eyes felt strained all the time, and I suffered from a lot of pressure at bridge of my nose. Shortly after I gave birth to my child, the anxiety increased. Which at this point I was suffering from extreme Panic Attacks, the brain fogs came back. I started having heart palpitations, insomnia, electric shocks in my head overtime I tried to sleep, night sweats, muscle spasms, elevated blood pressure (which I am 27 and never in my life had elevated blood pressure even during all 4 of my pregnancies) and cold feet and hands. All of my bloods test come back normal other than a high WBC, CT scan was normal, Heart Monitor came back normal, and went to the Eye doctor, all those test came back normal. Doc tried to put me on some anxiety medication such as Prozac, and Zoloft. Worse thing I ever could of decided to do it made my symptoms sky rocket. I even went to the check myself into a psychiatric ward. Bad mistake, because all they wanted to do is medicate me and diagnosed me with Bipolar. Weird thing is that everyone in there had the same diagnosis. After I watched a youtube video on how to control anxiety, I tried there technics and guess what my panic attacks decreased and then eventually went away, the brain fog went away. Now I am suffering from yet other symptoms my vertigo came back, and I have a lot of pressure in my head, in my eyes, and my nose. Sharp pain in my temples. Doc diagnosed me with tension headaches, and had ordered me a allergens test, and I go see the ENT doc this Friday. Which I have a feeling that it will come back as well, I have done extensive research on anxiety and symptoms are 2 pages long. So if you are experiencing similar symptoms and had every test you could possibly think of to rule out any diseases. You very well might just be undergoing a lot of stress. It is highly important to keep yourself hydrated, eat well, insure you get enough rest, and exercise. Take sometime out for yourself, this has helped me a lot and made my pain a lot more tolerable. Please try to avoid medications, as these just might make you feel worse. I will continue to do my research and if find out anything I will spread the word. As we all are all alike in some way, I feel more at peace that I am not alone. Thanks for all the useful info on here.
You should ask your doctor about Neurontin it is commonly used for seizures and nerve pain. Recently they have been using it to treat Anxiety and it is sleeping agent. Most antidepressants have to build up in you system in order to feel the full effects of it. Neurontin is more as a take as needed medication because it starts to kick in within 30min to 1hr of taking it. Also best thing about it, it doesn't have addicted tendencies. It did wonders for me. Wouldn't recommend taking more than 300mg a day, and it best taking it at night because makes you sleepy...
Wow great, this maybe an answer to my problems. But how would you find someone that would specialize in this, or can you just get a regular eye exam for a diagnosis??
Hey, I live in Eastern Canada and was hoping to find a spot closer to home, BUT, have not come across anyone that specializes in it other then the office in Michigan. Because they actually diagnosed this problem and specialize in it, I sort of want to take the time and go to their office anyway, just to be sure your getting the best care(atleast that's how I see it). ANyway, best of luck and inbox me to let me know if you have any luck :)
I went to my ENT doctor the yesterday, and my test results came back normal. which I had a feeling that was going to happen. He did give me a diagnoisis of migraine induced vertigo. I did mention the Vertical Heterophoria and he told me he hear of it, but never has done any research on it. I haven't came across anyone else who specializes in it other than in MI, but I am continuing to do research on it to find out. I will keep you informed
ive seen that alot of people have the same symptoms im 14 & i feel like i space out & i feel wierd  i just want to find a way to stop this feelin please help
i keep feeling dizzy/spaced out when i try do anything i aslo feel sick but i cant be sick at all my body feels heavy i feel like im here but like im not here sort of like im not with it was hoping someone could give me some answers its been like this for 4/5 days now  
i was having the same exact symptoms as you, until one mourning i was completely deaf in one ear. i put a q-tip in and took out a bunch of gunky stuff, i think the problem was that i had a sinus infection, and now the fluid in my head is not making me function properly. Consider going to an ear doctor to see if you need your ears drained, or if you have a inner ear disorder.
It could be a inner ear problem, i had the same exact symptoms as you until one morning i was completely deaf in one ear, then I put a q-tip into my ear and pulled out a bunch of gunky stuff. I foun out the reason why i was feeling so tired like that, because i had a ton of fluid in my head that was keeping me from functionaly properly. I could never feel the fluid until today. So try seeing an ear doctor, to see if you need your ears drained, or have an inner ear disorder.
Hmmm try some of these ... It may help
Good luck

Try NETI POT even when your not blocked it takes all the crap we breath in through out the day out!
Detoxify eating quality foods (NO processed foods) fresh fruits and vegetables
And even start juicing ...
Check out
FAT, SICK and nearly dead!

And infrared sauna also to detoxify!

Do you have sleep apnea?
It can cause headaches
Spaced out foggy feeling!

Get tested you did all the rest!

Remember doctors are not God and they make mistakes too...
I had sleep apnea and no one diagnosed me right
And they just all want to prescribe a pill
Or a psychologist or psychiatrise because they think we have nothing better to do then make stuff up and pretend we are sick ...
Reminds me of a Golden girl's episode where Dorothy is sick and he tells her to change her hair color...because he doesn't believe she is sick!!!

I just turned fourteen (as a girl), and finished a kayaking trip with my father. It was very hot. The next two days I was also in the heat, feelng  a bit woozy, but not worrying too much. Then it hit hard. For the past week I've been unable to get up, or function normally. I don't want to intrude when clearly so many people have been suffering for years, but I'm afraid I have the same thing. I've only had a blood test done, all is well there, compared to the countless tests everyone else has gone through. I have a perpetual feeling of lightheadedness that never goes away, slight pain towards the front of my head and pressure surrounding my eyes. I've had dizzy spells in the past, but nothing like this. Those were always fast and furious, flooring me for a couple hours to a day before leaving just as quickly. Now I have no relief, only this constant disability and I'm SO SCARED that I'll end up growing up with this monstrosity. Maybe it's too early to panic, but I am. I keep struggling to keep my emotions in check, keep taking things like Advil, ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc. I even tried my sister's prescription drug for her vertigo/migraine symptoms (which she is now nearly competly free of, having attacks only once or twice a year for hours at most). NOTHING HELPS. Nothing I do eases up this torment. Standing, sitting, laying, ice packs, nothing. Just constant pressure and dizziness. I've never been a nervous girl, so I don't think it could possibly be anxiety. My doctor told me it was heat exaustion , or tick fever, but as far as I know I haven't been bit by a tick since I was born! Plus heat exaustion would supposedly have shown up in my blood tests as a lack if electrolytes, which I didn't have. Reality is blurred. All I can focus on is the fuzzy feeling in my head. I haven't eaten anything for almost two days because even the smell of food makes me sick in the head, like I'm spinning without the physical sensation. I don't feel hungry at all. We need help! I don't deal with dizziness well, I don't know what I'll do if this is permanent.
Young lady,

I am sorry you are going through this. No one who experiences this can truly explain it to someone who does not. Since I do understand your frustration and horrible feeling, let me suggest all the things i have been tested for, so you can eliminate them. If you have already tried any or all of them, good, just be sure to tick them off.

The heat stroke is a possibility, but more specific, look into dehydration. It is actually more common, most people don't even realize they are not drinking enough water and it does fit all the symptoms.

My doctors also said tick or Lyme disease, but the only sure way is a spinal tap, which is not fun. Blood work can reveal a lot, but, mri's of the brain, spinal fluid tests and ct's are the only way to rule things out for sure.

That being said, I went through all of these things several times, and no dr had any answer.

Please don not take this next idea personally, look into a simple vitamin B complex. Take it daily. We put my kids, daughter and son both on it at 11. It's just a vitamin, but wow did it make a difference for my kids in moods. My daughter’s migraines from hormonal changes stopped almost immediately. All kids go through hormonal spikes at puberty, it is just normal. But the vitamin B balances it out. Give it a shot.

My personal dr is a NMD, known as a natural path. In other words she looks for a natural solution before the harsh chemical ones (in other words, prescription drugs), which I hate. We currently work with a regiment of rx and weekly acupuncture. I have seen more success from the acupuncture than most anything. Unfortunately not 100% effective.

Finally, in the last 12 months, I have begun to see a special chiropractor. They do a specific type of adjustment to my neck, specifically to the c1or atlas vertebrae. It's called Atlas Orthogonal Adjustment. This is their website,www.foresightchiropractic.com, but do your own research. It is making a difference for me, but again, not 100%. I will say this though, if you try it, whoever you go to, give it at least a couple months.

I hope something here helps. Good luck.

B

I was reading in my Medical book about this particular symptom - of smelling something that isn't there.  It can be caused by depression or sinus problems.  it recommends Vitamin C and Zinc supplements to correct this problem along with an anti-depressant.  

I sincerely hope this helps you.   Wishing you the best, Silverfox
I'll look into vitamin B. I've been trying plenty of water, since at first I assumed dehydration (it was only when the symptoms persisted that I looked into heat exhaustion). Thank you for responding! I read as many of the posts here as I could on my search for relative problems, and I realize how many there really are. I was afraid people would have run out of ideas! And that really helps me; so long as I have more solutions to test I don't feel so helpless!
A vitamin B12 deficiency can cause one to smell odors that aren't truly there.  Also diabetes mellitus, Cushing's, Alzheimers, and a blow to the head.   But before you panic, try Zinc supplementation.   Zinc has been known to restore taste and smell.  

After trying Zinc, if it doesn't help, see a doctor to determine the cause.  It could even be a deviated septum or a sinus infection.   There are too many reasons for olfactory disturbances.
You ladies are experiencing severe PMS symptoms and I know it sounds simple and incorrect, as I did not believe my gynocologist either, but if you will take Aleve all month long it will go away. If you stop taking Alever it will come back.  
My doctor said these symptoms are hormone related and also related to the menstrual cycle.  He said one of the side affects of Aleve is that it minimizes all of the hormone changes and therefore the symptoms decrease and disappear. It has worked for me. And if I forget to take the Aleve for a few days, the symptoms recur.  It seemed too easy to be true, but too simple not to try.  So I tried it and I am so glad I did.  Ausea was also one if my symptoms. I  was taking a medicine that is given to chemo patients for my nausea. But once I began the daily Aleve regimen, I no longer needed medicine for nausea either.
I have all the same problems as everyone is saying. I had a MRI done said possible cerebellar tonsillar ectopia long word yes but check it out. I go to chiropractor and he said around my ear is not lined up properly which could be cause of these feelings,but won't align it until I see the neurologist. He said once he can align the prob I will feel so much better. I hate the butterfly feeling in my gut and looking at things as if there distorted they off balance and concentration are awful to. I'm off work because of this. Sure is nice not being alone in this. When you have things like this happening to you it's like your alone. But get those things I mention check and the meds the docs give you do not help a bit.
Hi I know that this post is from years ago but I just come across it today so maybe somebody will get to read this. All of these symptoms describe exactly how I've been feeling for the past ten months, I couldn't believe it! At first I put it down to dehydration, then GAD, then sinusitis; the list is endless I was beginning to think I'd never find help!
However, I've recently been looking into the symptoms of Aspartme poisoning and can not believe that I have overlooked it as a possibility for such a long time! Aspsrtme is an artificial sweetner which is found in a lot kf sugar free ir low sugar snacks and drinks. Aspartme poisoning affects us in the ways which have been described in this post: ringing in ears, brain fog, sinus congestion and the constant fatigue. Please look into this as a possibility and cut out aspartme from your diet! I started doing it two days ago and an already seeing an incredible improvement.
have you had any luck finding a cure.  mine has been going on for 8 years
Hello all I have had all of these symptoms, and I've spent two years seeing all kinds of doctors healers and therapists to find the cause. Finally I figured it out--there was mold in my home. In my basement and right under my bedroom. Mold is insidious and will destroy your life. You should invest in having an air quality expert come and test your home. Their readings will show if you have indoor mold. There is a lot of information at surviving mold.com. It is the website of dr shoemaker who is the expert on biotoxin illness resulting from indoor mold exposure. He is treating me now and I am getting better. Many health professionals know nothing about illness from mold exposure, and you will receive a phantom diagnosis of low testosterone or chronic fatigue or depression. These are all symptoms of biotoxin illness. I wish someone would've told me this two years ago. That's why I'm telling you all now. I can't stress it enough--don't waste time check your home air quality. I'm certain many of you will find its mold making ou sick. Good luck.
Viewing 601-741 comments: