Dizziness, spaced out feeling, head pain, sinus pressure and feeling shaky
For the past 4 years I have been experiencing horrible symptoms. It seemed that the whole thing started as a sinus infection but then I went for a CT scan of sinuses and they were clear. I have been having symptoms of dizziness, head pain, shakiness and a spaced out kind of foggy feeling like i am watching my life from the outside - all day every day. There are some times for a couple of hours during the day that the symptoms may lift and give me a few moments to live- but not much. I have been to about 30 doctors- including ENT's allergists, neurologists, chiropracters, opthamologists. psychologists, dentists and everything else u can think of. All CT scans, MRI of brain and blood work keep coming back clean and ok. Nothing I try seems to work. There was a period of time about 3 and a half years ago that the symptoms lifted for about 4 months and then it returned full force. Some of the weird parts are that the shakiness seems to be seasonal - coming in spring and lasting thru summer and its miserable like a tingling pins and needles sensation thru out my body. I have also been getting what some doctors seem to diagnose as recurring sinus infections- like 10 a year- i take anti biotics and i feel slightly better until the next infection but i still have the other symtoms while I am on the medication.  I have hay fever and allergies to mold dust...Every doctor tried diagnosing something different- like migraines or TMJ or some sort of other odd thing. I've tried tons of medications. I dont usually have all the symptoms at once...they kind of take turns.  One doctor suggested moving to Arizona as it may be a sinus issue but the ENT's say I have no sinus isue- just regular allergies and the allergists say that they have never seen symptoms like these for allergies. I tried psychologists even though the ony reason I am stressed out is cuz I can never live....before this sickness I was the happiest person around- and even psychologists turned me away as normal.  Is there anyone out there that may know something that can help me - please??......I can not go on like this anymore
As I told another poster - please get a book on detoxifying your body naturally. It will teach you how to eliminate foods that may be loading your body with toxins and causing imbalances. I also can not stress enough the importance of vitamin c which alone could help with your infections. It is at the very least worth a try.
I don't know what you have but I have the exact same symptoms.  The spaced out part and the nausea are the worst!  Sometimes it makes my heartbeat more irregular also (PVC's).  Let me know if you figure out anything.

Arizona isn't the answer... that physician should known better. That was old advice... many Arizonans have allergy problems, including myself.

I would consider seeing a Naturopathic physician or a practitioner who does EAV testing and/or pushing for your physician to do additional testing. There is a company called ELISA/ACT that can do allergy testing & chemical testing on your blood.
I too have the exact same symptoms, for about two years. I completely understand. It makes life harder and not as enjoyable. I have had every test done and seen lots of doctors. I think I am going to try a Naturopathic doctor. Please let me know if you find out anything.
I found out that I have Migraine and Vertigo. I rarely have headaches, mainly dizziness and foggy feeling. I ended up going to a doctor that my ENT sent me to. It was a clinic for hearing & balance. They did an "audio VNG". It is about a 2 hour long series of tests that can narrow down the reasons for the dizziness. It will check for inner ear problems, etc. The tests are pretty intense and make you dizzy on purpose while they put goggles on your eyes that have cameras inside. The reaction can tell them all kinds of different things. They gave me a diet plan for migraines which seems to help and I don't need medication. They told me try it for 4-6 weeks and if it doesn't work they will prescribe me migraine medicine.

I hope this helps. If you want a copy of my diet plan to try or any more information, I would be more than happy to give it to you.
i have exactly the same feelings, i feel it has ruined my life as i cannot enjoy life anymore. cant go out or even do a full day at work without the funny feelings of dizziness, and fuzzy feelings in my head feeling so delirious and not all there. The heart beat thing i get aswell which is horrible when you feel dizzzy as you start to think your having a heart attack or something. I also get bad headaches which i have been told are contributed by stress.
I wish someone could help me.
i think you may have the same as me and after months of research and talking to various people i have come to the conclusion that i am suffering anxiety and panic attacks.
Check out the website anixiety centre.com and trust me you will find everyone of your syptoms listed. It already makes you feel 100% better to know that you are not neccesarily dying as you may have previously thought.
Hope this helps
Hi I too have had the same problems going on two years now, i have been to the doctors numerous times and am just starting to realize by researching that it is anxiety, before my series of problems I went through some hard financial problems wich started all this, I too have foggy head, dizzyness, cant concentrate, sinus pressure( with no sign of infection or allergies) tightness around my head, migraines, etc... I have been to many doctors and of course the dont know what it is, I have done many studies and have realized it is anxiets, and what is happening in most cases is that the anxiety is causing the muscles in your forehead and muscles around your ear and inner ear to tense up giving you the sinus pressure and the dizzyness and equilibrium problems, try seeing a doctor for anxiety it might work, its been working for me.
I have been suffering these sypmtoms over the last 4 months, tight neck, tingling in face, spaced out, almost robotic movement all over, very stange pressures in synus area and tingling around my top lip. I was diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid 6 months ago which is under controle know with medication.
My Doctor says I am suffering anxiety, after such a stressfull last 6 months. This all ties in with what you guys have said.
I have been experiencing the same symptoms and dizziness and sinus pressure being the worst.  All of this will have an anniversary date of Feb 14 - my one year anniversary of this craziness.  I've had all of the same tests that you have and have been told I'm in the normal range.  I've been noticing lately that my sinus pressure and dizziness appears worse with the changes in the temperature and weather.  But then sometimes it appears for no obvious reason.  When I had my Balance test, the all of the symtoms disappeared for over a month.  Finding this forum has made me feel that I am not alone in this mystery, if I come across anything that helps I will definitely post it.  
You have alot going on however I think the most important thing for you to take immediately is acidopholis.  Probiotics, have you heard of this?  It will help a few of your problems .  You probably have a imbalance of candita in your system from so many years of antibiotics.  This will give you digestive issues because the antibiotics have killed off your good gut flora.  Also your sinues are probably still infected because your immune system is compromised.  The years of sinusproblems can give you scar tissue in there creating dizziness or still chronic sinusitis.  Also take oil of oregano pills I had one of the worst sinus infections last month and I say the worst because Ive had them since birth also and been on antibiotics my whole life and these pills helped tremendously to where I didnt need antibiotics this time and I have almost kicked the infection.  I am speacking from experience Ive had all those problems and then some. Good luck.
I came across this website and am a little relieved that find other people that understand my symptoms. I had my first episode last september and they went away after taking a short cycle of prednisone. I started with the symptoms again this january and am going crazy. i have been to and ENT and neurologist and had a MRI which came out normal. I just started taking Prednisone so hopefully it works again this time, any ideas on what it could be would be helpful. i can't live like this much longer.
ohhh all these people have exactly the same symptoms like  i have adding to mine problem is that i feel some time that some one is pulling a vein in the right back side of my head and i can not read or concentrate even for 3 mint on a thing other thing is that when i feel some very slow movement i feel dizziness
i haev don all the above mentioned tests all are ok plzplzplzplzplzplzzzzzzzzzz let me know where should i go i m very uneassy do email me if some doctor brother can suggest me or even all other brothers thanks
Do you drink or eat anything with aspartame in it? Diet sodas, sugar free foods? I developed a reaction to aspartmane, which is nasty stuff. Also-MSG,or food additives, red or blue dyes, fillers, and sodium benzoate-just a partial list of all the **** that is added to our food supply. I get all sorts of reactions from all of the above, including insomnia, itching, bad stomach, you name it. I don't know if you can call it an "allergy"-it is simply toxic stuff that is not supposed to be in our bodies. Find a website that lists presevatives and you will be amazed at the various names of them, some are the same thing, different name. Try to fast for a few days and see what happens.And read every food label!!
I believe what most of you have is chronic fatigue syndrome. I have been researching these same symptoms and this is what I found. there are a few sites that describe these symptoms and elaborate on them. Just put Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the search and you'll find out a lot about this. Be well!
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not a diagnosis, it is like telling someone with a hurt back that they have Hurt Back Syndrome.  Syndrome is the key word in identifying something that is not understood, like SIDS.  I suggest all of you research candida/yeast overgrowth, as was mentioned above it can cause all of your symptoms.
I dont know if this is similar to your symptoms but I feel out of it in the head, almost like i'm drunk or something. I crave sleep all the time, and the feeling in my head comes and goes. It feels like my brain is swimming around in smoke or something.
I have the same symptoms and my doctor says its just anxiety and that a lot of people get these feelings. I am currently taking celexa for my anxiety but it doesnt help with the "out of it" feeling I still have. On most days I have a hard time going through the day without feeling like I am in a sense out of reality. I feel loopy, dizzy, my brain feels foggy, headaches, shaky feeling and like I am out of reality, like I am watching things around me but they dont seem real. I have had an MRI on my brain and it came back normal. I am beginning to get into a sort of depression because of these feelings I have and want them to stop but nothing helps. I am hopeless and this is no way to live. Its good to know that other people feel the same way but frustrating that everyone's doctors dont know what this is!!!
I too have alot of the same symptoms as many of you. For the past 5 months I have had dizziness every day, more like waves of dizziness that roll over me and especially when I turn my head to the left or right. I have this constant pressure in my head and rarely will I get headaches. My eyes feel weird and I don't really know how to describe the way they feel, I just feel kind of out of it. I also have this almost constant fatigue.

I went to the Dr and he thinks I have a sinus infection from rubbing my eyes too much which sounds crazy to me. Who has a sinus infection for 5 months straight? He sent me to get some bloodwork done and I go in next week to see him again. Would it be crazy of me to insist on an MRI? I am starting to freak out thta this is something serious. I can't concentrate or get much work done, I am scared it may be a brain tumor. It's bad enough living with this feeling without having to wonder if it is something very serious. I will let you all know how my next appt goes.
I too thought it was a brain tumor but chances are it is not. But I did get an MRI and if it will make you feel better I suggest asking him about it. With a brain tumor you would have extreme symptoms like vomiting, extreme loss of weight, inability to move one side of your face etc. But like I said if it will make you feel better just ask him and get it done.
Hey there,

Deep breath! I've been there. I know that HORRIBLE feeling of being detached from reality. Like you're floating, sounds become muffled, someone's talking to you but you're not really listening... your heart starts racing, your mind starts whirling, and you have to shake your head hard to bring yourself back.

I went to doctors and had tests done and thought I had all kinds of crazy things wrong with me. I was told I had anxiety. I didn't believe that but went to see a psych anyways who sent me away as "normal". So then I panicked more thinking I was going to drop dead at any time. It was suggested to me again that maybe I had generalized anxiety disorder. Once I started to consider the idea that I had anxiety, things were in perspective for me. I bought an anxiety workbook and started seeing a life counselor. (Check with your employer - most companies have an employee assistance program) Since then, my symptoms have almost all disappeared. Every now and then I get a little shaky, but I take deep breaths, find some peace in the chaos, and balance is restored.

Don't give up on the idea of anxiety just because YOU don't see your life as stressful. You may be dealing with more than others would see as normal. And don't let anyone else dismiss your fears. It's your life and if you're paying someone to help you put the pieces back together, dangit they had better bring glue and instructions.

And maybe you just suffer from chronis sinus infections. I suffer from frequent constipation and there's no underlying cause. I'm just not regular! (:

I hope that even if what you're experiencing is not anxiety, you find out what it is. You deserve to be happy and worry/pain-free!

So, do yourself a favor and take a deep breath, close your eyes, hold your breath for a few seconds, let that air out slowly, and as you're letting it out, think of the best time you've ever had. Keep your eyes closed and savor that feeling. Use that moment in your darkest, most painful times, and you'll see the light. Whether it's anxiety or something else, your mind and memories can always take you to a better place.
Well my neurologist put me on Xanax because I was experiencing the symptoms to the point that I was having panic attacks because of being frustrated that the feelings wouldn't go away no matter what. Basically there is nothing physically wrong with me which is good. My symptoms are more than likely due to my body's response to trauma i've been going through. The xanax helps because it makes me calmed down and intensifies the foggy headed feeling. Therefore when the meds wear down I feel somewhat normal (as opposed to being drugged up). The foggy headed feeling hasn't gone away at all but the Xanax is helping me to cope. I encourage everyone to keep posting because just reading that other people are suffering the same symptoms (the no one else or doctors can understand) gives me comfort. We're all in this together!! Anyone have any suggestions, comments? Anything helps!
Sorry to say that I've had this dizzy feeling for years and haven't found out what the problem is.  I have nasal congestion (left side only) and have had two nose surgeries which did not help.  When that side of my nose closes up I feel dizzy and light headed. When I walk around I feel like I'm going sideways and am afraid I will fall.  Even when I sit I feel like I'm going to just fall over.  When my nose opens up, which isn't very often I feel more normal.  I've taken allergy shots which didn't help and had CT of sinuses which was clear.  Every day I get up and feel the same way.  I feel like this at home as well as when I go out, which isn't very often.  I feel sleepy all the time and my eyes feel like I can't hold them opeen.  I don't know what to do next.  This is ruining my life.  Until I found this site I didn't know so many people had this same or similar problem. Hope we all can find an answer to this.
Okay...I may not have all the answer to the root cause of all your symptoms but I can tell you that I have a similar issue. Chronic ENT problems. One doc says allergies, one says ear, one says no ear is result of chronic sinus infections, and round and round I go. It's like being on a feaking merry go round, but the ride never ends. I've been on antibiotics and feel better, but a week after I finish, symptoms are back. The worst part is the fatigue. My boyfriend told me to take an expectorant in addition to the antiobiotics, antihistimine, and decongestant the doc prescribed. I had taken it before and knew he was right. It had always helped, in the very least making me more comfortable. We'll Once I started taking it, I never stopped, and I feel much better. My sinuses still bother me a bit. So do my ears. But I haven't been on an antiobiotic for six months. And I think that's because I ran out of the expectorant. Before I started the expectorant I was on antiobiotics of one sort or another for 1 solid year. You might try and see if this gives you some relief. I take the Mucinex extended tabs. I think it's the 600mg pills, twice a day. They're over the counter. There's no doubt that I have a chronic infection, either in my ears or sinuses. At least now I know I can live with it. It doesn't control my life anymore. If you try it keep me posted and let me know how it works for you!
Well I went back to the Dr and he is now refering me to an Opthamologist. He wants me to get my eyes checked out and if everything checks out fine then he will refer me to a neurologist. I can understand eye problems causing dizziness and headaches but I really don't think it would cause the rushing in my ears and fatigue right?

To make matters worse I have begun to get headaches every day now. Wen I told the DR he said they are stress headaches. My appt is coming up soon so I will update you guys again.
if you have not seen an immunologist please do so.  also, please get tested for Celiac Disease.
Can I jpin your club too? If there is no club it sure sounds like we should start one. I too have experienced all the symptoms listed above. I will save your reading time by saying I went to all the docs and I mean all the docs and took all the tests and I mean all!!! Everyone points to anxiety. However I fight this diagnosis ( though they may be right I find it hard to accept) I been to shrinks who points to meds. Matter of fact every doc I saw wrote me at least 2 scripts. Nothing works. The xanax mentioned earlier is a great band aid for when panic sets in. My cocktail was a xanax and 2 motrin, that always levelled my playing field. I have always believed that my anxiety is from my symptoms not anxiety causing the symptoms. No matter what you believe the common thread is that the medical community has no answers only guesses. So here is my suggestions since alot of my symptoms have left me ( I still get the light headedness and I still get feelings as if I am drained and I need a nap but these symptoms are not as frequent).
1. Eat a better diet  lower the sugars and the carbs, drink water ( a little lemon pinch of baking soda only) maybe some green or white teas.
2. Exercise moderately (walk in sunlight)
3. Read a good book or watch Family Guy ( reading makes me relax, Family guy carcks me up and laughing is a wonderful medicine)
4. Alcolize get the body away from acids ( I am trying but not so successfully)
5. Cleanse ( colon, liver, candida etc)
6. Try and live a better life style
You may look at this and say "bullcrap" I know I do...But I figure nobody has any answers and what I listed sure cannot hurt. I did lose 25 lbs and fitting into old clothes gave me self esteem. One last thing, get your hormones checked very important that your mones are right.   Out
I said one last thing in my earlier post. I lied. One more one last thing. I just read a research report where the findings consider antidepressants placibo.  Zoloft paxil etc. Lets face it guys  we are either weak or strong. No shrink in the world is going to make us feel better about ourselves. Unless they lie to us and just tell us what we want to hear. Me I am facing mid life crises. Turning 50. I realize my mind is weak and getting weaker. I know I have turned into a loser who would rather sit in front of the TV, then go out and try to have social fun. All I do now is read the internet and dwell on every little symptom my bod comes up with. Any good suggestions that come my way I have 10 negatives to throw at it. Is this you too? Don't let it be. Don't be me. We have to write a mission statement and set goals and force ourselves to do healthy things. I have started like I said to eat better and live a better life style. Presently to be honest I have no answers yet on how to bring back the zest in life. But its all up to me not the shrinks. I know what my problems are. And in reality I know what some of the answers are I just have to dig deep and find the inner strength to get up and go. Finding this strength is the toughest part since I am an easy way out kind of guy and always have been. But I feel If I can get up over this hump called life right now and some how accomplish and get some real self esteem that alll these symptoms we write about may just pack themselves up and go on a permanent vacation. Now I am really out.
man im spaced out feelin today, i been doin much better in most ways, still thankful for xanax, light doses, but yesterday, we had very small field peas, meatloaf, kinda instant 4 minute stuff,an i had got some skim milk, drunk about a quart at least, last nite had weird weird dreams, but woke up just spaced out an outta focus feelin, this used to happen a lot, havent used my sleep apnea machine for a week, i just get tired of the hassle, you roll over an it comes off of your face, an you dream about wind, an wake up an its the mask is off an air is blowin, except for this, i ben doin much better, am takin zinc, calcium, magnesium, i think, timed release b vitamins, an about 1,000 on the vitamin c, taday is a real drag, but it will pass, dont even feel like really writing about this, but glad i can, was it the lack of usin my machine,, a bunch of m an ms i ate, or those litle field peas, meatloaf etc, who knows, i hate feelin this way,, like when i used to smoke pot all the time, the next day, so spaced out , an awful feelin, but thank god, this too will pass.
Zitisue, I do agree about you saying the symptoms causing anxiety because I do believe that is what pushed me over the edge. However, I am now convinced that my traumatic experience (from Dec) is causing my anxiety in the form of the foggy head feeling. It's as if my body is producing a euphoric feeling (that stupid foggy head feeling the docs dont understand) in order to deal with things in my life. I started seeing a shrink and it helps to talk about things. I am now taking Zoloft (50mg) everday and have Xanaz (1mg) as a back up. I would suggest to anyone suffering from this symptom to get on some meds just to take the edge off. It has helped me to get ahold of myself and would recommend it. Some days are better than others as most of you know. Sometimes though I feel like I cannot handle the symptoms much longer but that too passes and then I realize a whole week has gone by! I wish everyone well . Continue writing and let me know if you find anything that helps!
Ps. do any of you know of any other forums discussing this? Anything will help me!
I had a lot of dizziness, light-headedness, headaches, balance problems...... even digestive problems, but am basically cured....

After visiting the chiropractor I found out that my hips were out of whack along with my spine.  My body was sending but not receiving the signals for my digestive system (since my back/hips were out of whack it was pinching a nerve).  Not only was my digestive problem fixed but also my balance problem and my headaches were gone.  If you are having a lot of balance problems it could be due to ear infections or your feet.  Check with a podiatrist (I think that is what they are called) and they can tell you if you are out of balance.

I ended up in the ER for dizzy spells... after the blood tests returned I was told that my potassium and magnesium levels were so low, they thought the machine was broken.  Doctor said "if you get up after lying/sitting down and get dizzy or light-headed it is due to a lack of potassium".  I was put on potassium and magnesium supplements for a short period of time and have yet to have another dizzy spell.  A few times a week I will take a One-a-day vitamin just to make sure that I keep my potassium/magnesium levels up.  

Vision blurriness can also be caused by lack of iron.  
Everything mentioned in last three posts I agree with. remember we are all individuals and although our problems seem similar the causes can be individual as could be the sollutions. When you have these symptoms you must explore all the traditional tests to rule out anything major. I did all this. Then I tried althernative. I visited a friend of a friend who is a recommended chiropracter. Turns out he has similar problems as the rest of us.So this did not work for me. I have met lately so many people directly and indirectly who either have had the symptoms or have them or their spouses or people they know have them. In a way its almost an epidemic. Consider all the people suffering this that do not post in these  web sites. I have got past most of my original symptoms. I still get lightheaded but not as much and I have had it so long I am kind of use to it so I do not pay attention to it. My anxiety and panic attacks are in check now and my BP is good. This is from exercise and a total change in eating habbits. I still get a little concerned ( better then anxious or nervous) because my immune system was knocked the hell out of when I was crazed with anxiety. I trecently took a long run of antibiotics from 3 different docs because they could not figure out what else to do and it gave me a terrible yeast ( oral thrush) problem that I now cannot seem to get rid of. It seems any answer people post here which was right for them maybe right for you but it may not and I guess we have to still keep looking. I also when needed still do a zanny motrin cocktail. Also as I said in past post eating better, exercising, getting good nutrition may not be the answer but it sure cannot hurt. Jeff
will this stupid thing ever go away? i have fallen into a deep depression because of this. I'm so discouraged because it wont go away. I got a 100% clean bill of health which is good. the Docs say anxiety. how the hell do I make it go away. Xanax is just a bandaid and no way to live. I just want to feel normal again!

michelle
We moved to the cape from the north shore of Boston in 1999 and I have never felt worse. I was always a long distance avid cyclist and now it is a struggle to enjoy even a short ride. I have constant post nasal in addtion to a lot of allergies. In 2003, I started experiencing hand tremors to the point where it affected my writing so I could barely sign my name. I was eventually in 2006, diagnosed with Essential Tremor. I am on a Glaucoma med that has a side effect of controlling tremors. It helps but certainly doesn't make it go away entirely which affects my everyday life since I have to focus on writing slowly in order to have somewhat ledgible handwriting.  I am a medical assistant. Last fall I decided I wanted to go through allergy testing since I was also having lots of violent migraines. During the first week of testing, I broke out in a rash , on my neck and into my scalp,which the nurse said looked like eczema. It was determined that I am allergic to all dairy, potatoes, rice, broccoli,peaches, nectarines, chocolate, soy and black pepper. What a challenge to shop for foods that are natural wihout the added ingredients I can't have. In Jan. I had another outbreak of rash that was so itchy and spread over 30% of my body. I was scratching my skin raw. It lasted for 2 1/2 mos. My pcp prescribed a medrol dose pack of prednisone and a prescription strength cortisone cream, neither of which helped. I have been to an allergist who is world reknown. He wanted to rule out an auoimmune disease or anything major, which was done through lots of bloodwork. I was averaging 3 hrs sleep per night. I have to work! I have been hearing of others here on the cape who work in healthcare, having this same undiagnosed rash. My allergist is seeing more of it and still no diagnosis. Just when I thought I was better, after one day of more allergy testing, the rash has come back with avengence!!  PLease if there is anyone who knows of this please help. Also my BP and cholesterol which have always been very low, were very high. My allergist has now started me on 20mg of Prednisone. I just started it on Friday, so no relief yet. I'm frightened by this and wonder what is going on here on the cape. We would move right now if we could, but financially it's not in the picture.Thanks for any feedback.
Hi all, I have being feeling dizzy, tightness in my head at the back of my head, ears feel blocked and just not feeling well, I thing I have a serious problem and don't know why as my life is great. I also feel like something is dripping from my ear but nothing. I need answers and am afraid to go back to doctor in case she think's I am loosing it. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like this. Eire Girl.
I'm experiencing the same thing. It's ruining my life. Did you ever find relief?
I know how you feel! I have basically the exact same symptoms. I also have gone to doctors and had tests ran and everything came back fine! I was told that it may be muscle tension headaches and that they can last from a week to the rest of your life! So I am on 2 different muscle relaxers for now. I am not sure if thats it or not. Like you I have good moments but 99% of the time it's discomfort.. I am with you I just want to feel normal again. If you find out anything let me know.
Oh boy since january I have been sick in and out of the ER three times with one over night stay. Dizziness, face pressure behind eye or over to ear sometimes down to my front teeth . blood culture fine cbc had ultrasound of complete organs did ct scan with nuclear IV all came back fine. Had head Ct scan Late feb 2008 said I had acute sinusitis went threw three types of antibiotics.still no help still foggy dizzy now the bags under my eyes are starting to turn yellow my fingers are not opening and closing vary well and my walking has became staggered..Doctor said I think this is psychological prescribed xanax and zoloft said to see a srink. what is going on until january I was fine but then caught a real bad flue that lasted three weeks went away for to weeks the got this horrifying dizziness confusion pins and needles in my face neck shoulders down in to my hand's hope to have another CT scan on 4-22-08 of my head I am afraid it a brain infection. any help this has made me not be able to work or even drive sometimes any help would be very appreciated.
Did you ever find relief?
I have experienced similar symptoms as those mentioned above. At first, I believed they were panic attacks. I experienced sensations of tingling limbs, elevated heart rate, dizziness, spacy feeling. The whole process felt like an out of body experience. I went to a psychologist and was prescribed Celexa and Zanax. The Dr. told me that it is common to experience real like symptoms during a panic attack, but they should diminish over a short period (10 min). I quickly realized that I was not going to rely on drugs to fix this problem and weened my way off of the drugs after only 3 weeks. I battled with my panic attacks for over 6 months, until I could control them and was prepared for them when they hit me full force. Still it was a constant effort. Then I came down with a sinus infection that lead to an inner ear infection. I was constantly dizzy, spaced out, ear congestion and uncomfortable sensation. After a month of this icky feeling, I finally took antibiotics which helped with the dizziness and the fuzzy head. I felt better for about six months, but still did not feel like myself. Now, the dizziness has returned along with the other symptoms. I recently started grad school and am at a major cross road in my life, a major transition if you will. I am beginning to realize that I am controlling this illness. During times of stress and anxiety, I feel the worst, like I am incapable of dealing with life. But I find that it helps to take ownership of the feelings and not be afraid or panic, because fear is an antagonizer. I think that diet and exercise are also a very important part of the healing process. I realize that I feel good after a nice long run. Spending quiet time with my thoughts and writing  in a journal tracking progress has its perks as well. If there is anything else that people do to cope with this gross feeling, please share.
Thank you , Thank you , thank you ! Thank you all for making me not feel alone!
I have spent the last 5 or 6 years of my life feeling completely disconected from my life.
I end up places, and only slightly remember driving there, I talk to people, I only remember  1/3 of what theyve told me. The kids bring home papers they need signed and brought back to school and I cant find where I put them! I am so miserable!
I also find it to be worse during diffrent seasons. I've had migrains for years, have been threw test after test, doctor after doctor...
        I have always thought I was alone in my foggy little world...Ive always had so much touble even putting words to it.....thank you!
There has been a lot of good advice on this column-- I felt like your list of symptoms was like a check list for what I have -- here was what I found out -- try turning off any wireless routers, cell phones, cordless phones (especially DECT) -- this was the first step in my recovery.   don't have any electrical appliances near your bed when you sleep.  It sounds like you have electromagnetic sensitivity -- from too much radiation.  It is more known about in Europe less in the States.  by the way tests like MRI and CAT scans which are very high in radiation only make the symptoms worse.

My symptoms are headaches, brain fog, night sweats, anxiety, shaky feeling at times, sharp ear pain, tingling in body parts (if they are exposed to electrical appliances for too long), sleep issues -- very light sleeping, nausea and acid reflux.

Best of luck and let me/the list know if it helps.

Carol761
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I have a question for all of y'all. What exactly is this foggy head thing? Is there an actual medical term for it? I try to explain it to my family and doctors but it appears that no one can grasp what I now just call "the fog". I just want to feel NORMAL. When I read that some of y'all have experienced this for years, it is so discouraging because I don't know if I can deal with this forever. Has anyone come across a doctor that is openminded and willing to really look into what "the fog" is? I mean I am 21, in perfect health, passed all the tests with flying colors, so on paper there is nothing wrong with me. It is hard to find a doctor that takes me seriously when I tell him that there IS something wrong with me. And why have most people never even heard of this? Please help!!!!
To All,

Wow, I am happy I found this site. I have been feeling these exact same symptoms for one month now.
Symptoms are: Dizziness, ears feel as though they are blocked (very annoying), sinus pressure, foggy feeling (as though I am not myself) night sweats and general fatigue. I am a healthy person who exercises reguarly and eats fairly healthy food which was why I thought I came down with the flu or something.

Went to the doctor who gave me anitibiotics (cehpalexin) as I did have a sore throat and he believed I had a bacterial infection and was feeling under the weather. The drug  made me feel dizzier (as it is a common side effect of the drug). I just finished the course of antibiotics but still feel dizzy, foggy, etc.  I am making another doctors appointment to rule out any medical conditions, but I think it might be anxiety and want it to stop.

One day I felt as though I was crawling out of my skin (literally) but that was one day only and I have not experienced that again.

I want to feel like myself again, but this forum definitely made me feel a little better.
Did you ever find relief or find out what it was? I'm feeling the same exact way
"I am beginning to realize that I am controlling this illness. During times of Stress and anxiety, I feel the worst, like I am incapable of dealing with life. But I find that it helps to take ownership of the feelings and not be afraid or panicky because fear is an antagonizer."

-gemini said it!  - right there.

its been only 3 weeks for me and 2 visits to the ER. Turns out I am not having strokes, I am not dying, but it sure feels like it.  The pressure in my temple intensifies for a few seconds then I go numb an tingly.  Pressure and tightness is in my face and neck and temple. I get shortness of breath and feel like I can't even talk.  When I lay down or try to destress though breathing, it goes away almost entirely.  
I am convinced it is a combined of stress, sinuses, and sleeplessness.  I am not even 30 yet what the heck?!
Why can doctors not cure this for me, I have to do all this research and sort it out for myself.?!  

I'm gonna keep my sleep apnea study.  I am going to work on destressing my life.  I am gonna continue steam tricks and other sinus home remedies.  I am going to beat this thing damn it!
Did you ever beat it? Did they find out what it was? I'm dealing with the same exact thing
please help me anyone. I don't think I can live with the Fog one more damn day.
Lady's I have dealt with all this and then some ......since I was 21 and now 29 and have been on disablilty .

I have been digx. with fibromyalgia, chronic fat. anxiety , depression, sinus.  But one of the main thing for me that PULLS all this mess together is THYROID HORMONES , and just all the other HORMONES!!
How many men do you see posting here ??????

From what I have read and researched these past 8 years is , my thyroid can cause alot of problems if it is not right ...and getting the right hel;p for it is very hard sometimes BECAUSE the levels they test for may not be right for you some people need more thyroid meds some people need less , but they want to treat everybody the same . My thyroid grew a nodule , and a goiter . And my BODy went all to H*LL, but my blood results were always borderline so ....there is alot of details I wont go into but ...in thyroid world we call the fuzzyness BRAIN FOG, got to about.com and go to the thyroid forum alot of help there !!!!Even if thyroid is not your problem . And this forum is great also knowing your are not the only one can do alot for your peace of mind and sanity !!!

GET your thyroids checked and get copy of your results , always get your results on paper never let a dr. just tell you because they miss stuff . Keep your own file of your blood results !!!!!!!
I am so happy I found this site. I too have been experiencing these feelings of fogginess, off balance, and sinus pressure. I've been to a bunch of doctors too and all my tests come back good. I was beginning to think I was crazy. I've been feeling this way for the past three months and it interferes with work and school. Especially work because I'm on my feet a lot. I even slowed down on going out with my friends because of the fear of getting those feelings. I've resorted to prayer. With man it is impossible but with God, all things are possible. Since I can't do anything by worrying, I'm just going to leave it in the hands of God. HIs word says, by his stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5). He is not a man that he should lie (Nmbers 23:19). So lets us exercise our faith and take him at his word and see what happens!!!
I agree with all of you. I have had these symptoms for about a year now and nothing works. I really thought I had sinus problems, and maybe still do, but I the feeling I get especially when I am in public is hard to describe. I really don't enjoy doing anything I used to enjoy, which is sad, because until I felt like this, I was very active and happy. Some days are better then others, but on my bad days, I have pressure around both eyes, a foggy feeling and tiredness. It's so frustrating. Thanks for this site and your own personal stories. Just knowing others are feeling like me, makes it alittle easier to get through the day. I really wish I knew what this is though, because I don't think I can manage much longer.
Found this site by accident looking for answers to what I'm going through....and I'm feeling what you all describe as 'The Fog' My partner thinks I'm ready for the crazy house, and the doctors too!.. got bad chest infection six weeks ago and went off my head.suffered panic attacks, shakes, crying, confusion, tought l had brain tumor. previous to this infection l was a strong, working mother of two and superwoman. all bloods came back perfect. put on zanax and hate the false happiness it gives me.
Your personal stories made me laugh and cry, laughter is the best meds. if you want your friend and family to understand you then let them read this forum and see for themselfs what we all  have to suffer through every day... good luck everyone XXX
Did you ever find relief? I'm feeling the same exact way and am scared
I love how dr's assume everything is anxiety. Dr's use this dx when they are clueless as to what the real issues are.

I have every symtpom all of you have. Had them for years. I've been to TOO many dr's to mention. None of them could ever figure out what I had. They told me it was anxiety.

Well found out I had lyme disease. Google some of the symptoms and many of you may have the answers you are looking for.

And yes, yeast (candida) also mimics many other illnesses. Especially anxiety.

good luck all. I feel your pain
How did they find out you had Lyme disease?
Oh and also to add, I irrigate my sinuses with salt and oil or oregano, The oil is a natural antibacterial/fungal and works like a charm.
It takes the infections out of the sinus cavity and makes you feel better within minutes.
i'm 30yrs. old.  I've had symptoms on and off for 8 years now.  i've had 2 mri's of the brain.  last one 2 years ago.  clean.  I'm now experiencing foggy head, balance problem, and i can feel my pulse behind my eyes.  it's taking over my thoughts and i've recently tried to chalk it up to anxiety.  years ago the side of my face went numb, i've had numb sensation in my arms before, tremors, balance, dizziness, cloudy head, ALL ANXIETY??  the bouts usually last about 3 months and settle.  now seeing a ear, nose, throat doctor and will be tested next week for hearing.  should i demand another mri if my symptoms persist?  
I just wanted to say thank you all for posting. while my problems with dizziness, fatigue, foggy head, sinus pressure, rapid heartrate have not been diagnosed...it helps to hear all of your testimonies. I don't know how many hours i've spent online trying to figure out what it is, but i concluded myself that it was my sinus problems mixing with anxiety. i still plan on having it checked but every time so far they have told me sinus infection...after the umteenth round of antibiotics i started to search for different answers...thanks again
Just got back from a seminar on these "mysterious symptoms" so many of us have.   I learned that the five most common symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are:

1. skin itch/rash/flushing/burning, and/or tingling
2. confusion/poor concentration, and/or memory loss
3. fatigue and weakness
4. headache
5. chest pain and heart problems

Less commonly reported symptoms include:

- nausea
- panic attacks
- insomnia
- seizures
- ear pain/ringing in the ears
- feeling a vibration
- paralysis
- dizziness

Carol.
My symptoms:
Mild dizzyness and spaced out feeling that disappears if I become distracted from it. Slightly blurred vision, although this has nothing to do with a decline in my sight capability as i have had an eye test. Also, I seem to be yawning a heck of a lot and my heartbeat races every now and again, especially when i worry constantly about what could be wrong with me!
Please help!!
Hi- I think I can help. I have had all the symptoms:extreme vertigo, painful debilitaing headaches, ringing in the ears, visual blackouts, foggy feeling, forgetfulness/confusion, vomiting/nausea...triggered by a rise in barometric pressure.  It started in '95 with a sinus infection, lasted a year, came back in 2000 and then 2005. Each time "it" came back in a slightly different form. I went through the tests, multiple Drs and an herbologist and FINALLY know what's going on:
In 95 I was diagnosed with a condition called PSEUDOTUMOR CEREBRI -which literally means false tumor. I had all the symptoms of a tumor w/o actually having one. It was caused by excessive spinal fluid on my optic nerve. I had to have a spinal tap to remove the fluid.
In 2000 I was diagnosed with MENIERE'S DISEASE, triggered by some sort of inner ear problem, which caused the extreme vertigo and hearing loss (temporary-thank God). In '05 I was diagnosed with MIGRAINES (nausea/vomiting) that were most prevalent before it rained or snowed.
These were all occuring concurrently but it took 10 years and countless tests and Drs to explain why I kept getting sick.
I am currently symptom free.I am monitored by a Neurologist and Opthamologist every 6 months. My meds have included Diamox for the pseudotumor, Topomax for the migraines, Meclizine for the nausea and a painkiller for the headaches. Today I am just on a maintenance dose of Diamox and the occasional advil. Now I am so in tuned with my body that I can usually tell when it's starting up (from changes in my vision-headaches) and I get in to my Opthamologist immediately. Please don't give up. You are not crazy! Help is out there. But just know that many Drs don't believe in Meniere's, and Pseudotumor is relatively rare/unheard of by the average Doc, so inform yourself. Good luck to you all and I hope you start feeling better real soon.    
Hey Guys...My whole family deals with these same symptoms everyone is talking about. We all have learned to control it by controlling our blood sugar--hard to do at first, but when you do it feels soooooooooooo good! By the way, stress and anxiety impact your blood sugar levels since the adrenal response is closely tied with blood sugar levels. Getting stress under control and going on the carb cleanse then slowly working up into whole grain, complex carbs with lots of protein, green veggies, vitamin B, and 8 hours of sleep keeps my whole family running. When one of us get "out of whack" we all now how to "intervene".... My symptoms can mimick being drunk, having ADHD, stomach problems, FATIGUE, irritability, anxiety, heart palpitations, headache, etc....

You have to try it to believe it!!!!
I just happened to find this forum and have been experiencing almost all of your symptoms since January of this year, all on the heels of a very stressful year and the only thing that has made sense to me is that I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue.  If you look it up on the internet, you can find a lot of information as well as an in depth questionnaire that can give you an idea if you have adrenal fatigue.  The symptoms are weird (including dizziness).  I too have the sinus pressure, constantly.  Anyway, check it out.  I too was just handed antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications by my doc, they don't recognize adrenal fatigue for some reason.  Face it, God never meant for us to lead the stressful lives we lead, that stress and caffeine really pull on our adrenal glands until they are virtually useless.  Hope this helps at least one person.  There is a very helpful book on Adrenal Fatigue called "Adrenal Fatigue, the 21st Century Stress Syndrome" and the good thing is that you can recover w/vitamins - change in diet, exercise and lifestyle.  I am only halfway through the book now, but it is already helping me.  One more thing, the book says an sinus infection can (along with other factors) lead to adrenal fatigue and adrenal fatige intensifies sinues infections and allergies.  I am already on a form of Vitamin C made specically for the adrenal glands that boosts my energy like I never thought possible.  
I posted a comment the other day about Adrenal fatigue which is certainly worth looking into as many people have it due to stressful lifestyles, diet etc.  But there was an earlier post that caught my attention and I looked into it - systemic candidiasis.  With all of the symptoms that most of you list and that I myself have, this seems to be the most likely cause.  Not sure if we are supposed to list products on here, hopefully I am not doing anything wrong, but many websites list different herbs to treat yeast overgrowth, and I found a product that contains all of the herbs - it is by Natures Sunshine Products and is called Yeast/Fungal Detox.  I took it a few years ago w/great success (can't believe I forgot about it) and just started it again yesterday.  Here's hoping because I would love to get rid of the feeling of constantly being off balance, headaches, ear and sinus pressure, congestion and the list goes on.  I also developed a yeast infection w/o using antibiotics which never happens to me.  Anyway, hope this helps someone!  Oh yeah, definitely take a good quality probiotic along with the detox.
Pardon me for not reading all of the thread...so if this has been mentioned, disregard...
has anyone here been monitoring their blood sugar levels? All of the symptoms you all have listed (or the ones I'd read, anyway) can be indicative of hypoglycemia, and/ or insulin resistance...You don't have to be overweight or diabetic to experience this...Most that have it eat "white foods" (eg. white flour, white bread, pasta, white sugar, etc.) and lower fat as the bulk of their diets...it is also known (when it gets bad) as reactive hypoglycemia (pancreas gets too excited and puts out too much insulin for the amount of food taken in)...the "crash" can happen up to 12 hrs after a heavy meal...(Eg. 4th of July pig out!) The constant imbalance leaves the door open for overgrowth of yeast in the body, and can lead to all sorts of bad "juju"...By the way, even though the medical books say so, the number for hypoglycemia is not the same for everyone..For example, the normal blood sugar level (from a finger poke) is 80-120 mg/dl, but for some they would have bad symptoms at 80, and there's some that can be at 30 and just have a headache and slight dizziness...Good luck everyone....
im very happy i found this site.   its great knowing that im not alone.  my symptons are blurred vision, dizzy sometimes, foggy vision.  i get a head rushs and my hands and feet tremmor.  also i can feel my heart beating in my head and in my hands and somtimes my feet.  my blood pressure is always 127 over 77 unless i have a anxiety attqck wher it then jumps to 142 ov er 90.   ive been to the doctor and emergency room like 30 times since january 2nd since it started. ive had 3 ct scans. ive had a ct of my stomach. ive had a MRI also.  i got sinus sujury 4 weeks ago and my symptons didnt get better.  except i can smell better.   the doctors all say the same thing that its anxiety.  i have been know to have anxiety attacks once every couple of years every since i was worried my parents would die befor me when i was 3 years old.   the anxiety attacks have encreased 100%.  after my step mom died of a heqart attack. and my wifes boss went into the doctor with stomach ach and was told he had 2 weeks to live because he had pancreatic cancer.  also my friend went in with a infection and they had to put him on a iv to his heart he shot himself in the hand tho and has had 6 sujuries.   im really scared that i have some undiagnosed dieses.  the blurred vision and random dizzy feelings scare me to death.  the doctors tests say im fine all they check for is vitals tho.  i wrote down some of the things to check for that people have mentioned earlier. in there comments  right now i take 1 mg adavan which makes it feel like im not dying.  but my symptons dont go away.   a few of the things i heard that make sence is the eardrum thing. that someone mentioned.  they said that your ear drums contracts with stress because of the musscles inside your  ear.  thagt would make sence of the dizzy.  i dont know about the tremmoring in my hands and blurred/foggy vision.  im worried i have some spinal or head infection.   when i take antibotice my vission usually gets better but i get the worst headaches. taking a vicodon helps with the migrqane.  working is almost impossible .  also my symptons get worse the my tired and dehydrated i get.  email me if u want to talk    ****.com
I have felt like this for about three years now.  I have recently found this site and it has been a life saver to know that I am not the only one going through these symptoms.  I go through life daily wondering if I will wake up normal from day to day.  I get so tired of this dreaming feeling that I have.  I found this website and it explained some things maybe to do with the ears.  I did have problems with my ears in my youth, maybe some of you did too.  http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/page3.htm
So i've had it every day since January. does it ever go away? I'm trying to wean myself off of xanax because it's become so addictive and I dont want to add that to my problems. I think I'm going print this whole forum out and take it to my doctor so he can read everything. i've had every basic test done (mri, lumbar puncture, blood work, diabetes, std, balance, hearing) and my family thinks i'm just crazy going to doctors and getting all kinds of tests. they keep telling me nothing is wrong but there IS something wrong and I'm glad I have everyone else to back me up on it. This feeling is not made up. It is so very real. What i would give to feel normal. It would be the greatest high ever. does it ever go away?
I have had the same type of symptoms as everyone else since June 07.  I'm curently in the Air Force working overseas and back in 07 experienced some numbness on my face (left cheek) and by my left lip. I actually workef for a neurologist at the time, how lucky was that.  He cheeked me out and told me I was fine.  I went on a work related trip for a month and when I got back I still had the symptoms.  He then sent me for my first MRI of the brain.  They discovered a non-specific white matter lecsion on the right side of my brain.  My doctor initally told me I has a stroke!  I was in great shape at the time and could not believe my ears.  I was running 3-5 miles three times a week!  A STROKE!  They later told me that they didn't have a stroke and the spot on my brain was not causing my symptoms.  Wrong part of my brain to be controlling the area of my face where the numbness was located.  I have had tons of blood test which were all good to go.  They checked my arteries, heart, lungs, and all were good.  Sevveral of my closest friends think that because of the first MRI I'm imagining something is wrong with me! I am really not a stressed out person but have just started to come to terms with the anxiety theory...  After five MRI's and tons of blood test my new neurologist tells me that their is nothing wrong with me....  They are going to do another MRI of my brain, I think they are making sure that the lecsion has not got bigger/changed or I dont have any new ones.  At the same appointment they are going to do a MRI of my C-Spine to rule out lecsions, herniated disk, pinched nerves!  I really can relate to how all of you guys and gals feel...  It's so hard to deal with this everyday and not have anyone you know be able to truly relate.  I'm also getting my eyes checked again.  I sometimes think that my vision could be my whole problem.  I'm very light sensitive!  I'll drop another message after the next round of test.  I'm definitly going to ask my doc about pseudotumor thingie...  I hope someday we all feel normal again.  God Bless you all....
For the past seven weeks, I have been plagued with dizziness and off-balance feelings that occur with a rapid heartbeat, sinus pressure and sweating. I have been under a great deal of stress lately. Normal MRI and all the other ENT tests. Also having dry mouth and tingling in feet/hands. Am going through the change but these symptoms are ridiculous. Anyone else experience this?
Hello everyone,

I have read everyone's posts and I was in your boat not but a couple of months ago! FINALLY I read Dr. Teitelbaums book From Fatigued to Fantastic which lead me to this site  vvvvv.vitality101.com and this lead me to a Fatigue Center close to me. I made an appointment because this book was a huge ah ha! moment for me and for you all too. Please check out the book, read it and find a clinic nearest you, or in the very least find a doctor that has been to some of Dr. T's seminars and has been trained in treating these conditions. You all have CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrom) and some Fibromaylagia. These are deseases of the endocrine system and basic body system crashing!!  You will find that many things in your body need to be fixed before you will get better. I found out that my adrenal system , thyroid, mithochondria,immune systems are all down! Many other things play a part in this as well. I have been very, very sick for almost 2 years now. I am talking bed bound for 6 or so months, and house bound the rest. I am just now getting better and we are still working on this. FInally however I have found a doctor and staff who KNOW how to treat this, have many, many patients they see with this and are experts in the endocrine system and this disease in general. You will not find better doctors anywhere. I feel finally I have a team who do not think I am just a 'troubled' patient! I have been to hell and back and just had to share this with you all. Please learn about CFIDS, ME and the like...check out the book and go to his website. You can take a test there that will help you learn a lot about your health problems. You can also find a clinic near you as well off the site. Good luck and I hope this helps!
Just wanted to add that I too have been to every specialist, and have had MRI's,cat scans,well every test imaginable. Been to Neurologists,ENT,and many others trying to get to the bottom of this. My general symptoms are : Vertigo,dizziness (severe), extreme fatigue,muscle/joint pain, no recovery after exersion of any kind, hypoglycemia (bad crashes), Mitral valve prolapse, anxiety, heart palpitations,no stamina,back pain,neck pain, shoulder pain, muscle burning, headaches,ear pressure,tinnitus,deep inner ear itching, extreme sensitivity to cold (flares all symptoms),B12 deficiency,many nutritional deficiencies,gluten sensitive,severe sleep disorder (can't fall asleep,stay asleep) non-refreshing sleep and on and on...

Many of my symptoms have been figured out. Even though I had over the years my thyroid tested and have been told time after time that it's just fine, I found out through the Fatigue Center that in fact it is not fine at all. They know what tests to order, which labs to send them to and how to read them when they get them! Ha. I have what is called thyroid resistance and need to treat it with compounded T3 hormone through a compounding pharmacy. I have adrenal fatigue that I am treating with a natural Cortisol. Please check out www.stopthethyroidmadness.com for some fantastic information about thyroid and adrenal diseases and how doctors are not help with those! I have a low aldosterone level (also a hormone made in the adrenals) which could very well explain my dizziness/vertigo and ear symptoms all this time. Aldosterone controls the sodium/potassium levels in the body by balancing them. It regulates blood pressure. People with low levels of this important hormone are very sensitive to pressure changes such as altitude changes, berometric pressure changes,airplane flying (God, I fit all of these!)...the pressure in my ears could well be do to this and causing my vertigo and general dizziness. For now they are treating me by making me drink 14 oz of water with 1/2 tsp. of sea salt. If this doesn't work to get those levels up I will have to take florinef. Anway...these are just a few things and just wanted to let you in on my story and I hope it will  help many of you as well. Did you know that yeast can play havok on the body! Many of you fighting infections time and time again may have yeast problems and many other explanations as well for this. Good luck~ If you have questions I will be happy to help and or find the answer for you!
Is this yeast connection for real? I won't bother to list my symptoms as they are the same as all of yours.
This is the third time I am typing this-I keep losing my message.  All these symptoms are symptoms of lyme disease.  Go to lymenet.com to find a lyme literate doctor in your area, and get a western blot blood test done by Igenex.  Lyme disease is present all over the country, but many doctors know next to nothing about it.  My symptoms are white spots on MRI, migraines, brain fog, muscle twitches, TMJ, arthritis, neck pain, IBS, MVP w/heart palps., etc.  I have lyme disease, yet never saw a tick.  But, I get bit alot by mosquitos, who can also carry the disease.  Check out the trailor for this new lyme documentary underourskin.com.
I am grateful to whoever started this. I have been experiencing many of these symptoms for quite some time now. They are getting to a place where they are starting to interfere with my work and life in general.
Headaches, neck stiffness, blurred vision, foggy headedness (which is the worst for me as I have always been pretty quick), sweats, joint stifness and pain.(especially if I sit very long).
I am going to get a Lyme test. I have a friend who went through this and between this site and his counsel, I am not going to take this anymore.
Thanks!
Did you end up having Lyme disease?
"Headaches, neck stiffness, blurred vision, foggy headedness (which is the worst for me as I have always been pretty quick), sweats, joint stifness and pain.(especially if I sit very long).
I am going to get a Lyme test."

If you get tested for lyme disease and the result is negative, you may want to consider getting re-tested. Often many patients who have lyme disease will get a false negative result.

Also.... all of your symptoms could be due to CFIDS / ME (chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome). I have CFIDS and have all of the same symptoms as you do, except the sweats (I'm assuming those are night sweats).

You might also consider getting your vitamin D level checked.

Best,

PlateletGal
I just wonder how many of you are talking Clariton.  I used to have these symptoms.. turned out to be the antihistamine i was on.  I moved away from my Dr, and my Rx ran out ... so i stopped taking Clariton.. and was just dealing with the sinus problem.. and started used a netty pot.  My anxiety went completely away.  I am convinced it was the Clariton that i had been on for years.  
do you have family history of Thyroid problems?  The foggy feeling is a thyroid thing as well.  Many drs' think that if your one point off your ok,, but it still causes problems.  Just a thought and ask your family about family medical history.
Yes! these are all symptoms of Lyme here, but Lyme is called "The new great imitator" . Going to have my tests tomorrow. I was surprised how many people here don´t know anything about Lyme and how with Lyme you can have this foggyness, sinus pressure, dizziness, spaced out feeling, spasms, tremors, twitches, sight problems, numbness in face, joint aches, major depression (and many other psychologic disturbances such as anxiety etc.), heart palpitations, fatigue, digestion problems for years and it is very hard to diagnose it, and doctors will prescribe you Xanax because you have anxiety (Yea right!). Doctors really do make a BIG mistake here. Alot should be done for Lyme awareness. Many people who have Lyme have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis even! although they have Lyme, as Lyme can sometimes cause lesions in brain. I have most of the symptoms that are described here and also have floaters in my eyes and white spots, and "phantom" in the corner of my right eye sometimes, these also, i´ve read, are symptoms of Lyme.
Symptom list of Lyme and other diseases. Might be very useful to all of you
http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/files/mastersymptomlist.pdf
this ***** i just wrote for like 20 min but i wasnt logged in so it didnt work.  im going to sum up my long story.  i wrote a comment back in july 7th  saying all the symptons ive had and all the times i went to the doctor.  ive had every sympton people have said except the being able to look down on myself from above..  i relized it must be me cause when i went to the emergency room i wasnt as sick as the people in rooms next to me.  i thought i was i thought i was real sick and they wernt finding the problem.  i noticed that most people dont go to the doctor unless they pass out i was going cause i might pass out.  i got tired of nobody beliving me family friends docctors.  i started looking at my self and what it must look like and what might be causeing the whole thing.  i went to the doctor and finally admitted i must have an anxiety disorder.  they agreed.  even tho they didnt tell me outright they ju7st kept doing what i was telling them to test for. the implied it tho but i wouldnt listen i was depressed and having an anxiety attack.  thats why i think it was bad for me because i was actually having they weird symptons like blurred vision dizzy headachs and vomiting.  i started taking paxil and xanix and avter about a month of it i feel about 80-90% better.  i relized i was depressed weather it started from an actually illlness i dont know but end result i was depressed i was having anxiety attqacks every day i dont believ the doctors.  anyway i started doing things that made me feel good as a kid i started going outside playing catch bought some gloves walked my dogs.  i think the xanix and paxil was just a jumpstart for my seritonin levils and the going outside and working out is what is keeping it up to normal. i am now only taking xanix just to go to sleep.  but im laughinh again i dont need to be near a hospital just to feel comfortable.  i lok back with regret on what happined to me but if it happined again i wouldnt change anything it was a learnin g expierience.  also i think the antibotics caused alot of the depression and blurred vision as soon as i quit taking it i felt 100% better and i could see clearly again.  i think my strreess caused my muscles to tence up so i would get headachs and migrains my blood pressure would rise causing the weird feelings all over my body and stress also causedd the vomiting.  everyone once and a while i still get a anxious feling but i just try to make my self busy so i would forget about it
granted i cant answer for everyone  everybody different maby people do have crazy dieses that last a whole year i dont know.  i hope this helps.  i rember when i was feeling bad i would read every comment on this to know i wasnt the only person feeling this way.  this forum helped me alot.

bigges thing was i was tired of feeling crappy without answers  so i got help .  i found out the things that caused my depression.  and i did things that helped get my depression up.  once i was able to admit it was anxiety disorder everything fell into place  i hope this helps   last time i wrote something it blocked out my email  im put some spaces into it this time.    m a 2 t 2 5        @   ....      y a h o o   .   c o m
those symptoms s u ck
I love this forum!  I have finally found a community of people who have the same symptoms I have and are willing to share.  I have had anxiety in the past after traumatic events, but it always went away after a couple of weeks.  This last time, I had a sudden cardiac arrest (January) and it isn't going away.  This time I have had almost all of these symptoms - they are AWFUL.  Well, today I found out that I have sleep apnea.  So depressing, but in talking with my doctor I find that some of these new symptoms that I have been chalking up to anxiety could actually be caused by the apnea - like the trembling/shaky feelings, feeling spacey and like you are outside looking in, even the buzzing/rining in the ears.  These can all be caused by unrestful or inadequate sleep. Just thought I would toss it out there.  So many people with sleep apnea are undiagnosed.  I get my CPAP machine tomorrow and I will follow up and let you know if it helps the symptoms after I have used it for a while and get some good nights of sleep.  
I have experienced some of the symptoms that helpmepleez describe in the initial post.  I found this site when I was googling for more information about cephalexin.   Like many of you I was misdiagnosed by many Doctors.  Unlike some of you found the root cause of my symptoms in part by listening to my intuition, in part by the grace of God and in part with the help of a good physician (MD).

My story is ongoing.  My health dramatically better from 5-6 years ago.  Here is where I started http://www.noamalgam.com/

Good luck
Doug
If your calcium blood level is high have them do a parathyroid scan. If that scan is negative go back and look at your MRI on your brain and look to see if you have  a Schwannoma information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis.
www.****.*** - 44k -
Jim
I just can't believe there is other people that are dealing with this annoying feeling of dizzyness, foggy brain, pressure in the upper capularies, and panic attacks.  Mine is seasonal, but I see stars sometimes "floaters" and actually one time my left eye went sparkly on one side and dark... it did not go away for like 15 minutes.  I truly believe i have found the cause of this.  Not long ago I felt like I had a piece of popcorn or something on the back of my tongue, so I shined a light in my mouth and saw something white coming out of my left tonsil. I took a straw and cut it with a pair of scissors to make it sharp and began poking at it.  These pasta looking pieces were coming out of my tonsil and im talkin big pieces and they stink like crazy! I spent about 20 minutes getting these things out of my tonsil and started gargling with hydrogen peroxide. My tonsil is getting packed with food and dead skin which I believe is causing the tonsil to become infected.  Does anybody else get a nasty smell in there mouth? like a sinus infection? I am going to go to the doc and have my tonsils looked at, but I believe this may somehow be the answer Ive been searching for!
I also have the white pieces stuck in my tonsils.  I have also been dealing with chronic dizziness pretty much on a daily basis for the last six years.  I have had an M.R.I. of the brain, holter monitor, E.K.G., E.E.G., evoked potential test, batteries of labwork, E.N.T. Consult, Neurology Consult, been placed on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, Toprol, etc. and nothing has been diagnosed and I am still experiencing the extreme dizziness and foggy headed feeling on a "daily basis", pretty much all day long unless I am at the gym working out or outside working at my home or cabin on the property, cutting wood, etc....  For example, It is very hard for me to stand-up still for the entire playing of the national anthem at sporting events or stand in the hallway and have a converstation with anyone due the extreme feeling of dizziness and inbalance I feel.  I would mortgage my entire retirement if I could just figure out what is causing this and put an end to it.  It is really having an adverse impact on my quality of life for the last six years!!!   It is interesting that I can work out very hard, e.g. cardio, work outside, hike, golf, etc. and the symptoms almost always go away, but then come back with a vengence all day long on a daily basis otherwise.
I also have the white pieces stuck in my tonsils.  I have also been dealing with chronic dizziness pretty much on a daily basis for the last six years.  I have had an M.R.I. of the brain, holter monitor, E.K.G., E.E.G., evoked potential test, batteries of labwork, E.N.T. Consult, Neurology Consult, been placed on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, Toprol, etc. and nothing has been diagnosed and I am still experiencing the extreme dizziness and foggy headed feeling on a "daily basis", pretty much all day long unless I am at the gym working out or outside working at my home or cabin on the property, cutting wood, etc....  For example, It is very hard for me to stand-up still for the entire playing of the national anthem at sporting events or stand in the hallway and have a converstation with anyone due the extreme feeling of dizziness and inbalance I feel.  I would mortgage my entire retirement if I could just figure out what is causing this and put an end to it.  It is really having an adverse impact on my quality of life for the last six years!!!   It is interesting that I can work out very hard, e.g. cardio, work outside, hike, golf, etc. and the symptoms almost always go away, but then come back with a vengence all day long on a daily basis otherwise
Dizziness, ringing in the ears, pain behind the nose, fatigue, some leg pain in the left leg - these are all recurring, always the same places.I have dental problems and a lot of oral surgery, so I thought maybe it was tied to that. No conclusive answers. I had a CT and an MRI. 'Unremarkable" was the conclusion.
But I thought to myself "How is that possible? It feels quite remarkable to me!"
3 rounds of antibiodics. No luck.
Cold packs, steam heat, Advil, muscle relaxers... I have tried everything lately.
Is the ringing in the ears, the leg pain and the face pain common? Does anyone else feel like the 4 square inches of space on their face is causing them to go a little crazy? If this is so pervasive, why do people link it to such ambiguous conditions and suggest such ill-documented solutions.
Does anyone else fear you will just pass out one day from the dizziness and pressure?
I do feel as if it may be tied to an immune disease I have, but that disease will never go away, so I know I have to find solutions to these other symptoms. Something solid. Something measureable.
I have had the dizziness for almost 2 years now.  I had about one month where I started feeling better and now it's back again.  I too have had a CT scan - normal, many rounds of blood work, all normal.  I was under an enormous amount of emotional stress but not 100% sure that was the cause.  I do fear some days that I could pass out from the dizziness, I have horrible pressure in my head and sinuses, some drainage, ringing and pressure in my ears, face pain, tingling in my hands and sometimes my legs.  Every time I have gone to see my Dr. for this I was told the same thing, it sounds like typical tension headaches.  I've been on so many different medications for it I can't even remember.  I was also diagnosed with IBS and NERD, but not sure if they are associated with this strange illness.  I go back and forth between wondering if it's allergies, I get SOME relief from decongestants and antihistamines, or if it is panic attacks, auto immune.  I am currently out of the country but will go for extensive allergy testing when I get back.  My sister has wheat/gluten sensitivity, so wondering if it could be a food allergy as well!  It's amazing that so many of us have this and there isn't a clear diagnosis.

It's very uncomfortable and debilitating!

To those of you with the white things in your tonsils:
I had them a few years back.  They are called tonsiliths.  I went to an ENT and they scheduled me to have my tonsils taken out.  They aren't an infection, but they were very uncomfortable for me and getting worse causing pain in my neck and throat.  Once my tonsils were taken out I had no more problems and they were not associated with this horrible dizzyness as it started about 2 years after I had my tonsils removed.
I am starting to see a pattern here, but since everyone is different, it may affect slightly different too. I will start with the obvious...I am 27 and very-very overweight. I never had any serious problems in my life except for colds and flu now and again. I lived in South Africa all my life and now I live with my husband in the UK. Recently I went on a trip with my husband to see his mom, and everything is fine except for traveling on the train there and back. Anything over an hour of travel makes me nauseous. But that is normal for people. Except here is where it took a turn for the worst. Once we were home after the short holiday to his parents, I didn't feel too well. The next day I had to work so I took the bus to work and I felt really bad. I thought it wasn't major. Then 2 days after that I went to the gym. I haven't been to the gym in a few months due to working, but didn't over stress myself or anything...half way through I started to get dizzy. Seriously dizzy. I had to stop as I was scared of vomiting. Almost felt like I would. I know I didn't do anything except walk a bit and working my arms and legs. So it was odd. On the way home I felt almost like I wasn't exactly in my own body... slightly surreal and unnatural. Then for a day or two I was sort of fine except for being really tired for no reason and having headaches. Then a day ago I ended up having serious dizzy spell when I was at work. I wanted to go to the shop to look at stuff after my shift and resolute I did it even though it felt like I was going to pass out any second. At one point I was like...perhaps I am pregnant, but I am on the injection and never ever felt like this in my life before. I tested, but negative so I know it isn't that. But I am getting it more frequent and the problem is when I eat some foods I feel a lot worse afterwards. So finding this forum helped a lot.

So here is my theory on what could be wrong:

1) Being overweight can affect the system. Some like myself, it might only affect it negatively now.
2)Aspartame- Now this would interest people. A few weeks ago I decided that drinking sugar in my tea is bad for my teeth and wanted to make a change. So I started to take sweetener. This might be a problem as far as I did some research, that aspartame wasn't considered healthy till some years ago. I read that on wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame
3) Low potassium and iron can cause the dizziness. That could be one part of it.
4)Thyroid- possible problem there too. Never went to the doctor to see if it is that.
5)Hormone imbalance- this is possible too. Especially for women.
6) Blood sugar levels. Yes, some people may have it and this is a big possibility for myself as well.
7)Eye problems. I am fine with my eyes, but i do sit in front of a computer a lot of my time in a day, so this could lead to my eyes not being happy with me and in turn lead to dizziness.
8)Intolerance to slight levels of radiation etc/electricity or stuff like that. It has happened to me once in the past but then I knew it had to do with that as I couldn't even get near a tv before wanting to throw up.So having this isn't that, but it could be part of the big picture.

Suggested steps-

Take it one step at a time and address each issue. That is what I am going to do from today and see if it works.

I have all the symptoms most people have here... and it isn't going away. It does feel like something seriously is wrong and I think that doctors and specialists may not know what this is, hence why they treat each symptom till they find the root of the problem.

i just want to thank everyone for sharing all of the info about themselves and what they're going through with these feelings!:) i've been feeling the same way for about a year now. it all started after i went to the emergency room for severe dehydration. i got treated and have cut alot of things out of my diet and drink plenty of water, but i still have the same feelings. it comes and goes, like with most of you. i'm trying to not let it effect my life, but it's very hard when the feeling just won't go away. but it really helps me to know that i'm not the only one out there that has these same feelings that i'm going through! i truly thought i was the only one...that didn't help with my anxiety levels at all! so i just want to say thank you so much for sharing your stories and giving me more comfort!:)
I had some of these symptoms (foggy headedness, dizziness, along with feeling unbalanced and sometimes confused and irritated) , and I was diagnosed with simple partial seizures.
just to get started, I've been suffering for at least 5 years and have recently decided to do something about it , I have mostly the same issue as all of you, dizziness elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, sweating, chest congestion (almost like an asthma attack but my airways are clear) sinus pressure, and rarely tingling is my extremities.

I went to the ER and they did everything, evg, blood tests, urine tests ( I guess they wanted to make sure I wasn't on drugs) ct scan, chest xrays, checked for stroke, you name it Im afraid to get the bill!! then went to a DO and he said I had a sinus infection and prescribed me antibiotics and Flonase for the sinus thing as well as claritan, then proceeded to tell me I was suffering from panic/anxiety attacks and put me on xanax. I am sure like the rest of you that these symptoms cause my anxiety not the other way around. (although the xanax are something else)

The only thing that would curb these issues was sudophed, (which has been forbidden by my doctor), menthol cough drops almost constantly, and a very long hot shower, breath right strips when I try and sleep and I also put a humidifier in my room which runs 24/7. also a massage of the neck and head will sometimes temporarity remove some of the pressure issues.I'm going to an allergist on monday and then another MD after that to get another opinion. I've written down some of the finer points of the posts to ask questions. I was drinking ALOT of diet sodas so I've completely cut Aspartame from my diet for 2 days hoping thats part of the issue, also the part about Adrenal Fatigue is very interesting. wish me the best.
I think that a lot of women are suffering from thyroid nodules, goiters or tumors. these growths, tho benign in most cases, sap the energy out of the thyroid and keep it from functioning correctly. In most cases you will not know you have a nodule until you can see it sticking out of your neck. Mine was discovered in an ultrasound of lymph nodes in my neck from a terrible sinus infection. I had been sick for 6 months and was at the end of my rope, basically.

My ENT surgeon was adamant that this nodule be removed and not just "watched." There is thyroid cancer in my family and knowing that made him more certain he should remove it before it became worse or larger. It was causing me to choke on food.

But now, since the surgery, I am feeling better for part of the day and worse the last part of they day---lightheaded and spacey.  I feel fine each morning until I take my antibiotic!!!

Then within 30 mins I am overcome with low blood sugar, sleepiness, foggy brain, tired, weak, and very shaky. whereas I was feeling energetic, now I feel lethargic!

I am having the same problems as all of you but it seems antibiotic related. But maybe related to the lobe being taken out and my other lobe can no longer do the job?
I may need thyroid meds.

Some of what you all describe could be wheat allergy, or calcium deficiency. Wheat and gluten can do a number on you.
I am not going to tak any calcium tho until my Endo does blood work to see what my thyroid levels are since the surgery.

This is a terrible feeling and I hope this is a reaction to my antibiotic.

One other thing to check is  your ability to process and use B vitamins. I  just found out my grandson has a genetic trait making it hard to use and keep B vitamins. So he needs a shot every other day of Bs.
Lack of Bs can keep the brain from using dopamine which can cause ADD, shakiness, foggy thinking, memory problems, personality issues and depression, just to name a few!

Good luck to all and I will report back after I am off the antibiotics.
thank you all for posting your feelings and symptoms!  this has helped me too, knowing I am not alone.
from one day to the next i developed severe panic attacks, developing agoraphobia in about a week.  i went to the dr, labs came back fine, er.. ct scan of head and chest came back fine. it got so bad that i would refuse to leave my house.  i eventually sought out the help of a psychologist which of course, supplied me w/ meds, Xanax and Paxil. Paxil made the dizziness worse, tried Zoloft.. that too did not help. So i quit taking meds.  I also started counseling w/ my spiritual advisor who has helped me work through some issues in my life that may have caused anxiety.  this has helped me not have so many panic attacks, however the anxiety.. dizziness, 'the fog' and a feeling of not getting enough air in my lungs, are still overwhelming and while i still occasionally get out, i try and stay home for fear of feeling worse out of the comfort of my home.  
there are a couple other things that have helped me get to the point where i am now. I am by no means cured, but I have certainly peaked and am coming back down this terrible road.  
prayer/developing a relationship w/ Christ
getting outside, gardening, playing w/ the kids.. even if you don't feel like it.  if serotonine is responsible, sunlight will help restore what is missing
i am now seeing a counselor that specializes in anxiety, she has given me a few techniques that help me calm down during the day, even if i don't feel anxious (which honestly, i have never felt stressed or anxious in my head, my body is just acting that way)  1. accupressure.. or tapping.  it's something you can do to yourself.  there are certain pressure points, start tapping for 5-10 sec on your temples(it will be 5-10 sec for each place), move to where your eyebrows meet in the middle , then right under your eyes where they start in the middle of your face, then with one hand on top of your lip, then between your chin and your bottom lip, then with both hands again right under your collar bone where they start in the middle, then lastly reach across your body with each arm and tap underneath your underarm.. for women it's going to be where your bra straps sit.  i do this 3 or 4 times in a row sometimes to help myself relax, close your eyes, and take a deep breath once in a while. 2. meditation- sit in a chair, or i prefer to be lying down, close your eyes, keep your legs and arms uncrossed.  repeat these phrases over and over as you try to relax, eventually you will feel your extremities very heavy and you will be awake, but you will be completely relaxed. "peace to my mind, peace to my feelings, peace to my body" and i add at the beginning, Lord please give me.. (for all your Christian folks) you can do this as many times as you want/can during the day, for 5 min or 1 hr, whatever you like.  you'll get to the point where you can snap into a meditation mode in 1 min. 3. abdominal breathing- i have the tendency to hyperventiliate, not to the point of passing out or seeing black spots, but where the dizziness gets worse (this is because you're blowing off too much CO2 and the blood vessels in your brain are constricting).  i do this by taking too many deep breaths, or too much 'sighing' as my dr. puts it.  so.. to help w/ this, lie on your back and concentrate on breathing w/ your belly, pulling that diaphragm down and letting your chest rise in sync w/ your tummy.  they dont' have to be deep breaths, just slow and calm. 4. positive self-talk.  i am a 'what-if' person.. which makes it very difficult for me to go anywhere because i'm always like.. well what if i faint, or what if i panic.  these are very bad thoughts.  so.. take your what if's, recognize them, but turn them into positive ones.  for ex. what if i start to feel terrible.. turns into.. what if i feel great! 5. make a list of everything you are thankful for, even though you feel like absolute **** every day, such as your great physical health, kids, job, whatever.  read this list every single morning so you start out on a positive note.  i have also, using a white board market, written positive words on my bathroom mirrors, such as love, peace, mercy etc. this will remind you everytime you go in there.  

like i said before i am not cured, still feel crappy everyday.. the fog is probably my worst symptom, so i will be trying accupuncture, which a friend that majored in Chinese medicine, suggested.  I have researched and have heard some great results from people that have had it done specifically for anxiety. i will also try some chiropractic work, which people on this site have suggested, as well as my mother who is graciously researching everything possible to nurse me back to health.  i am usually very competant and happy so this has put a real wrench in my life too. i am willing to try anything and everything.  i figure i have nothing to lose, and if nothing can help me get rid of this anxiety, then maybe i will go back the western medicine and continue seeking an answer.  
good luck too all!! i hope what i've written will help someone out there! God Bless!
I have many of the same symptoms mentioned in these posts, dizziness, bazaar sinus pressure, anxiety, heart palpitations, pretty convinced I would either pass out or just die at any given moment, etc.(basically a 2 year long nightmare) After many expensive tests, no clear diagnosis. Anti-Anxiety medication semi helpful. To make a long story short, I researched my symptoms and tried whatever someone suggested... the only thing that has worked for me is increasing my Potassium, Magnesium and Vitamin B intake. Potassium is for muscle spasms, Magnesium relaxes the muscles and the B vitamin family (B12, B6, Niacin) relaxes the nervous system. I'm basically eating way healthier. In my case, temporary relief from the dizziness is to lean the head over to the side and push down where the neck meets the shoulder... if you're tense, you can feel it pull all the way across the side of your head to your eye... you'll feel it pull in your ear to. Do both sides and press with your thumbs at the areas to the side further back on your neck and at the base of your skull to relax the muscles. Rolling the middle of my back on a ball to relax it makes the dizziness go away to. If you don't get the tension under control with Magnesium etc. it comes right back tho. Many people are Potassium and Magnesium deficient because the fields where our food is grown is fertilized with calcium rich fertilizer these days. A Magnesium deficiency can cause a whole range of bad symptoms (all of those mentioned above) and doctors really don't check for it. I have a calcium deposit in my heart and I've had gall stones, both of which also can be caused by low Magnesium levels. As an experiment, I began to crank up my vitamin intake, concentrating on the ones mentioned and it's been working. Fruits and nuts are a better alternative to vitamin pills because the pill forms don't always assimilate into the body like food does. I also set aside some relaxation time for myself each day if possible. Anyway, this helped me because I have found that mine is tension related. I hope this helps someone else becuase I know first hand that living with the symptoms that we have all suffered with *****.
I think that having this condition is the worst form of torture. Not knowing if your really there or not. Drifting in and out of reality, sometimes without realising it. The more you analize how spaced out you feel, the further away you go. Ive felt detached, mentaly for about 3 years now and have tried everything. I find it difficult to explain something to a GP that is difficult for them to understand. I feel suffacated knowing that this illness is only personal to me, and that no one seems to understand. I thought at first that it was the fags i was smoking. So i quit after 15 years with out any help or problem. But i still felt the same. I then changed my diet and ate the healthiest of foods, whilst taking vitamim pills. I drank 2 litres of mineral water a day. I exercise everyday.
I had my eyes tested. I went to an accupuncturist.( this helped, but i thing that was more to do with the massage you get at the end, rather than the needles hanging out of your eye lid). The GP Suggested i was just stressed and told me to go home. So i did a bit of research and thought i might suffer from anxiety. So im now on a small dose of citalapram everyday.  Dont get me wrong, the drug makes you feel better but still doesnt make you 'snap out of it'. I have an aspirin a day to thin the blood. I have neurozan, Intelectol, goji berries. Last month , for a couple of minutes i felt normal again. The sensation was overwhelming. But the more i tried to hold on to it, the quicker it went away.
Im glad there are sites like this, so that people can understand what your going through.
After suffering from constant dizziness for nearly a year now I have just been diagnosed with an inner ear problem. It took seeing many diffferent doctors, 2 Neurologists and a Neuro-otologist to finally get an answer. I had a test done where they pumped water into my ear to make me dizzy and monitored my eye movements, from this they found there was a difference in my eye/brain response for each ear. Maybe mention this to your doctor and see if they can send you for a similar test?
thank-you, i will do.
Im an 18 year old going through similar symptoms as described above. I remember the exact morning it started, I awoke with a dull ache in my head and felt incredibly removed from reality. The feeling was similar to what you might experience if you deprive yourself of food and sleep, being somewhere and not really being aware of the significance of the situation. I thought I would snap out of it and "wake up" later that day, than the next, then the next. I didn't however, instead I've remained in this partially unaware state for the last several months, with little or no change. I have been to several doctors and phycologists, and they have all suggested anxiety disorder, first prescribing wellbutrin then clonazapam. I was never convinced that it was anxiety, because I have hardly ever felt any sort of stress at all. The symptoms seem to improve very slightly when I take the clonazapam, but I still have the same feeling of de-realism.

I have had difficulty trying to articulate my symptoms to my GP, whom I am losing faith in. It has truly destroyed my life, I am only acting as the person I once was, never feeling any of the love, happiness, or realism that once was the basis for my existence. It is unbearably torturous to live this way, my friends have slipped away because spending time with them became laborious. Im currently a freshman at college, and this disorder is all I ever think about, when I try to ignore it, however, and try to "be my self" I have these miserable feelings that Im acting, and it feels even worse than confronting this problem directly. I realize that what I'm describing sounds like depression, but if it is, it's strictly a product of loosing my reality. I have frequent headaches and feelings of pressure within my head, accompanied by this powerful feeling of EMPTINESS.

If anyone knows of a medicine that will make the world seem more real, please let me know. Living without any passion or desire, knowing that there is nothing out there to bring happiness as long as I have this problem, is an incredibly disturbing feeling.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
From you symptoms it sounds like chronic fatigue syndrome. The symptoms include widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties (spaciness, detachment from surroundings), chronic mental and physical exhaustion, headaches and concentration difficulty and memory problems. A diagnostic evaluation is required to rule it out.

Other possibilities are anemia, hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamus, psychiatric disorders like depression and sleep-related disorders.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I wrote in on march 12th, describing similar symtoms to water1051, that ive been having for what seems like ages. So i might have chronic fatigue syndome. Ive researched this a little and it seems that there is no cure for this. Is this true? If it is, then am i going to feel **** for the rest of my life?
Ditto on glad to see I am not alone with my sypmtoms.  A lot of people think it is all in my head...and IT IS (except for fibro body pain)

For years (at least 10) doctors told me my "Brain Fog" was caused by my fibromyalgia.  I was treated for Meniere's Disease via injection into my ear drum but didn't do much for me.  Still get vertigo mild to severe.  Another ENT said I did not have Meniere's but that I had an Optical Neurological problem but I have not been able to get to that specialist due to insurance problems. I was given Neurontin, have taken Calcium Citrate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12.  Nothing has helped.  Not even opiates helped the fibro pain. I also was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and was on the C-Pap for a year which made my sleep disorder worse as it kept me awake.  Come to find out it was borderline anyway.  So don't know what really causes my sleep disorder.  I was treated with anti-depressants which did not work but get this...they can even make the symptoms worse if you are NOT depressed.  I can understand how light can cause some of my problems which include not being able to be on computer long.  The headaches are at least compounded by that.  But I have the optical pain and headaches even when lighting is not a part of the equation.  But I hope to get to see that elusive Neuro-opthamologist or Optical Neurologist (two different sciences treating the same thing) one day.
I was someone dismayed to read a post on here dimissing 'shrinks'  I've been seeing a psychotherapist for over a year and he has helped me enormously.    He has helped me understand many things about myself and my past and has helped me get away from the very negative thinking that has plagued me in the past and still raises it's head from time to time.  If you can find a good therapist it can change your life but you need to be open to it.

I too suffer from sinus pressure and dizziness and an out of it feeling.  I really need to quit smoking but it's incredibly hard. Breathing deeply helps alot.  (I think shallow breathing causes the dizziness). Tiger balm is very helpful and comforting too.

good luck guys. Don't let negative feeling win and there are good people out there who can help.
i have been having these symptoms off n on for 11 yrs. they got better for awhile. then when my husband got killed in tragic car accident they started up again. anxiety n panick attacks,, feeling spaced out. shaky. i had all kind of teasts done. i was told i have post tramatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder, panick attacks. major depression. i have tried every antidepressant there could be, but because of the side effects i stop taking them sfter the 1st week. i take valum as needed. i'm scared to take them 3 times a day as prescribed. i'm scared i'll get addicted. but i know i need to. any suggestions plzzz.
For the past 2 years I have had much of the same symptoms as helpmepleez decribed in the first post - from this all started with some sinus problem but evolved into anxiety like symptoms, even when not anxious. I too also had relief for a 3-4 month span last year.
After all the tests and drugs I have tried, I do get daily relief from Lorazepam (for anxiety). I can think clearly, no facial pain, etc for the day.. until i sleep, then it starts up again. Some days I still get a little dizzy when trying to focus on things in a store. I am aware Lorazepam isn't meant to be taken everyday, but my neurologist said it would be okay if it gives some relief. I would personally like to come across a similar pill that I can take less and less frequently until I am 100% myself again, without the need of medications (aside from tylenol etc as I have always dealt with headaches, backaches etc).
If someone can suggest a similar medication that helped them that would be great. and for those of you fighting off these symptoms and have not tried lorazepam, I suggested giving it a try. I still worry about this never going away, but I am no longer stuck in a depression from it.

its been 1 year and 3 months with out a let up. And the xanax I was prescribed? well guess what, I'm addicted and it doesn't even help anymore.

tonight is one of those nights i wish i would just die peacefully in my sleep.

anything will help!!
Its so bazzar, i have had the same for the past 7years, im only 25 and feel more like 65!!

Sometimes im so dizzy i trip over, head wizzing around, blurred vision, heart racing.  My blood pressure is now climbing. I get sicky feelings, crave food but then hate what i eat.  Legs feel asleep.

I can no longer be active as i was to sleep all the time.  Docotrs dont listen just want to through tablets an pills at me all the time.

Was thinking of changing my diet and maybe life style???

I cant go on like this anymore!!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are a few things that you need to get investigated—diabetes, hypothyroidism, vitamin deficiencies and causes of dizziness/vertigo.
Please go through this to cross check if all have been looked into.
“Vertigo can be caused by disorders of body parts that are involved in maintaining balance:
• Inner ear
• Brain stem and cerebellum
• Nerve tracts connecting the brain stem and cerebellum or within the brain stem
Inner Ear Disorders: Most commonly, vertigo results from motion sickness. Motion sickness may develop in people whose inner ear is sensitive to particular motions, such as swaying or sudden stopping and starting.
Another common cause of vertigo is an abnormal collection of calcium particles in one semicircular canal of the inner ear. The resulting disorder, called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or BPPV, is especially common among older people. It occurs when the head is moved in certain ways.
Meniere's disease produces attacks of vertigo. The cause of Meniere's disease is thought to involve excess fluid in the inner ear (hydrops). What triggers this is unknown, but it may result from an autoimmune reaction, an allergy, an imbalance in the autonomic nervous system, a blockage to certain structures in the ear, or a viral infection.
Disorders of the vestibulocochlear nerve can cause vertigo, a hearing disorder, or both.
Other disorders that may cause vertigo by affecting the inner ear or its nerve connections include the following:
• Bacterial or viral infections, such as vestibular neuritis, herpes zoster, and mastoiditis
• Paget's disease
• Tumors, such as an auditory nerve tumor
• Inflammation of nerves
The inner ear may also be damaged by drugs, such as aminoglycoside antibiotics, aspirin
, the chemotherapy drug cisplatin, the sedative Phenobarbital, the anticonvulsant phenytoin, the antipsychotic chlorpromazine and certain diuretics including furosemide Excessive use of alcohol can cause temporary vertigo.
Disorders That Affect the Brain: A decrease in the blood supply through arteries to the brain stem, cerebellum, and back of the brain can cause vertigo. This decrease is called vertebrobasilar insufficiency because the arteries affected include the vertebral and basilar arteries. If the decreased blood supply causes temporary symptoms, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) is diagnosed. If permanent damage results, a stroke is diagnosed.
Less common disorders that cause vertigo by affecting the brain stem or cerebellum include multiple sclerosis, fractures at the base of the skull, head injuries, seizures, infections, and tumors growing in or near the base of the brain. Vertigo can sometimes be part of a migraine attack and occasionally occur without the headache.
Occasionally, vertigo is caused by disorders that suddenly increase pressure within the skull, putting pressure on the brain. These disorders include benign intracranial hypertension, brain tumors, and bleeding (hemorrhage) within the skull.” Refer: http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch080/ch080c.html
Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.

Other causes are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I have all these symptoms aswell for the last four years, Diziness detached from reality, hot hands and feet, heart palputations, pressure in my nose and eyes, pressure pains at the back of my head and top of my neck. Sick stomach, tired all the time. My doc keeps saying that it is just low blood pressure but I am really fed up now. have had mri's a bone marrow biopsy, a couple of lumbar punctures numerous blood tests and all coming back clear. I just don't know what to do anymore its affecting my day to day life.
Hi, I didn't get a chance to read all the posts, but I have gone through these same symptoms.  It started with being really exhausted and feeling "out of it" like I was just trudging through my life.  It eventually progressed, and I developed vertigo- extreme at times, nausea, blurred vision, pressure in my head, feeling like my body was vibrating, and sometimes severe headaches.  I've been to countless doctors, and had every medical test, blood test, you name it.  It all came up normal, and after months of trying different doctors, I was diagnosed with migraines.  I was very skeptical at first, because I had never heard of these symptoms associated with migraine, but I got a book that the doctor recommended.  It's called "Heal your Headache" by David Buchholz, and it has changed my life.  I would recommend it to anyone that suffers from these symptoms.  It took a few months for me to start feeling better, and it hasn't been easy but I feel like I am starting to get my life back.
I've had the fuzzy head, spaced out thing for a long time...I finally figured it out after eliminating all kinds of foods and the like...its my non-stick cookware!  I looked up tephlon toxicity on Google...check it out...I will always cook with stainless steel from now on!  I hope this helps....
Also...artificial sweeteners..Equal, Splenda  even Stevia can give you a horrible feeling in your head...I eliminated all these from my diet...I felt a little better but was still experiencing fuzzy head...then I figured it out about the non-stick coatings on cookware...it releases toxins into your food!!
Hello!  The first post by helpmepleez came up when I did a search for my symptoms, and I've been back here, on and off, reading this forum for weeks.  I feel for those who are feeling desperate, miserable, horrible, alone and crazy.  Me too.  helpmepleez hit the nail on the head for me:  often a change in barometric pressure will get me going, but sometimes it just happens:  first a weird wiggy, spacy, dizzy sensation; it's hard to describe!  I call it wiggy, or lemon-headed, because I feel like my skull is stuffed with a sour lemon and I just want it OUT!  (I know that sounds weird).  Then a maddening sinus congestion kicks in, along with the wigginess/dizziness, and I start feeling trembly and shaking and nervous and agitated.  I just want to kill someone!  At some point during the day it evolves into dull, what seems to be sinus headaches.

The whole show usually lasts two or three weeks and goes away for a while.  Often the next season change will bring it on again.  This time, it's been almost 6 weeks with no relief.  I'm feeling miserable, tearful, frustrated.  

The whole thing started when my first daughter was born 20 years ago and I was 26 years old.  I came down with a "cold" (sinus headache, full head), that didn't go away for about a month and a half.  After my second daughter was born, the "wiggy" dizzy, anxiety/agitation stuff started coming along with it.  I thought I was going crazy.  I started taking sudafed when my oldest daughter was born and I have been taking 2 tablets a day since then.  It's the only thing that relieves the pressure.  

Around the time I was 32, I saw a shrink after my marriage broke up.  I was prescribed cKonopin and zoloft, and for a year or more, my problems seemed to be solved!  At some point I started abusing the Klonopin, so I had to quit.  I'm not sure when all the wigginess kicked back in, but it did.  I eventually just got used to feeling miserable for a couple of weeks 3 or 4 times a year.  

But this the last two years have been the worst.  My nurse practitioner prescribed xanax, and I've been taking effexor for the last couple of years.  I was worried about abusing it though.  It DID help alot, however with those wiggy agitated feelings I was getting.  My problem was, I would take more than my prescribed amount and then go through mild withdrawal until I could get it refilled again (.25 to .50 mg per day).  Finally I told her I was taking too much, running out, etc.  

Oh, and in the midst of all this, she referred me to a shrink who diagnosed me bipolor II.  The guy stuck me on all kinds of ****:  neurontin, lamictal, wellbutrin.  I felt like a zombie freak of nature and all my friends and family said this guy was a nut and I did not have bipolar II. So, I went back to my nurse practitioner and she agreed.  I took Xanax for a little while longer, becoming more and more concerned about abusing it, until my nurse practitioner cut me off about 3 months ago.  This spring the sinus (quite a while after I stopped the xanax) congestion, wigginess, tremors, shakiness, spaciness, dizziness, headaches have been their worse than ever!  Since then, I've been weaning off effexor because of high blood pressure and started inderal, which did help some with the shakiness, but the spacey lemon headed feeling is still there, and I still get headaches (Inderal was supposed to help with anxiety in place of xanax, as well as the high blood pressure until I'm off effexor).  Interesting enough, its supposed to be helpful with migraines and I've lately wondered, after doing some research on the web whether or not my sinus headaches and wigginess is really migraine.  Also oddly enough, I was surprised to discover how much bipolar II and migraine have in common (agitated states, etc), and are both treated with mood stabilizers (I'm not interested in trying any more of those).  

Anyway, I can sympathize with those who just want to give it all up.  On top of all these symptoms, I'm having trouble focusing, reading, writing, thinking. . . the foggy head stuff.  My nurse practitioner wants me to be evaluated for ADD as well (former shrink who diagnosed me with bipolar II also said I had ADD: I don't doubt it).  She seems to think Adderal might be the answer to all my worries, and though it sounds interesting, I worry about whether or not that would make my wiggies worse, or better, and whether or not I would abuse it.  I would like to see a neurologist as well, but the nurse practitioner seems to think I'd get whatever diagnosis I'd like.  It would be nice to rule out other things, or reconfirm migraine, but after seeing that so many have had this test and that test and seen a thousand different specialists, I wonder if I would just end up back at square one.  I MISS the xanax, and I've begged for it back because its the only thing that's given me any relief, but I also know I have a potential to abuse it.  I may very well try some marijuanna, which I have not smoked since I was very young, but if it works. . . .hey, it might be better than getting hooked on xanax again.  Any one else try pot for the shakiness and headaches?  

Of course, those here who have suggested changes in diet, meditation, etc, are probably on to something.  i suspect this is something that can only be managed, but not cured.  I can't help but wonder, though:  What the hell is this?  

Sorry to go on so long.  I'm simply feeling desperate too.  
Holy, I can't believe so many people have exactly the same symptoms I have. I started experiencing this about 8 months ago. Same thing you all have, dizzy, sinus pressure,  feeling out of it, feeling the old heart beat in my head. It feels a lot like a panic attack. I wake up feeling great, but by noon I feel like I drank a six pack.

I truly believe this is stress related, I have found exercise and happy low stress situations help my symptoms. I was on vacation about two months ago and the symptoms went away only to return about one week after getting home.

I have two kids, run my own company, and coach multiple sports. We are going a hundred different directions all the time. Sometimes when my cell rings I can feel my brain constricting. Sounds strange, but that's exactly what it feels like. It feels like there is a rope around my head and someone is twisting it at one end.

Maybe we all have some new 21st century technology syndrome. What ever it is doctors don't seem to have a clue what it is. One thing for sure it does make you feel quite alone and out of control. I wonder how many peolple who have this are A type personalities?

Yall have no idea how much I wish we could all just sit in a room together and talk about our symptoms knowing we all understand how it feels. I haven't met anyone yet (doctor or otherwise) that has a grasp of exactly what this foggy feeling feels like. Sometimes I just get this urge to bash my head into something, anything to make the feeling go away. I'm just so glad that I found this forum because honestly, it just helps knowing I'm not the only one suffering and that other people know EXACTLY how I feel. I just wish we could all wake up tomorrow feeling "normal". I think each and everyone of us would just sit there in awe at how good it feels to not have the Fog. I would live life like there is no tomorrow. But all we can do is keep on trying. Thank you all for just being here!!!

M
Hi.. I feel everyones discomfort... I suffer from allergies every year Springtime i get This lightheaded/dizziness nothing moving very foggy disconnected feling.. I have been to my doctor and had test done finding only high cholesterol ... I went to my allergist and we discoverd that i had a sever sinus infection that can cause these symptons... if not treated with antibotics and allergy meds... i am in  my 3rd week so far and not to much releif but was told it takes upt to a month for allergy meds to take full effect and also antibotics.....as for the panic attacks they are pycoligal effects that come on when you feel like you are loosing control of how you feel and you work you self up into( panic.... )because of the feelings to begin with... ativan works very well for constant suffers of anxiety milder than xanex but i do not take them any more... I take Motrin ...instead to bring me down...sound weird but motrin makes me tired...I have been through this for 20 years and i can only tell you what i have Learned ... I hope some of this helps... I would love a cure for this foggy light feling myself.......Good Luck
I've just been through six weeks of this anxiety, sinus pressure, headaches, wigginess!  And yes, I wanted to bash my head against a wall!  Usually it lasts about 2 or 3 weeks and lifts, but this one stuck with me.  Finally I tried a little pot (I haven't smoked this stuff since I was a kid).  It's amazing!  My headache, feelings of agitation and anxiety were gone, if only for an hour (I took one hit).

This past week, all my symptoms lifted (not due to pot I don't believe)!  I still have dull headaches, but no shaking, no feeling "sick." no anxiety.  My energy is back.  

For me, this thing is somehow seasonal, perhaps allergies (which I did go through testing and treatment for years ago.  No help), perhaps barometric pressure changes (this seems to be it).  Yes, ibuprofen helps me.  Sudafed clears my head in the am.  Sometimes a sedating antihistamine does help.  I love Xanax, but tend to abuse it.

But this thing will return.  It always does.  And when it does, I may just smoke a little pot again!
Hello :)
Im a 16 year old who's has been suffering the above symptoms for nearly 9 months now. It really is ruining my life.
I have the constant spaced out feeling, it never leaves me. Sickness and butterflies in my stomach and headaches come and go. But its the tingling and strange sensations in my head that are the worst.
Im really scared..
I've had my blood tested for every disease under the sun and im perfectly healthy. When the doctor finally listened to me, she put me on Inderal which I have been taking for only three days now, but im hoping that they will tone down my symptoms if even for a little while. I just really want to live the life of a normal teenager again :(
I find great comfort in knowing im not alone, and hope you are all okay!
This forum has really helped me, so id like to say thankyou :]
xxx
I am 32 and have gone thru the same symptoms. Myne started creeping in during the winter months. I had a bad fall on some ice. I thought maybe it was due to that. Just don't feel right I have tried detoxing my body. Remove all allergen foods. Doctors have tested everything all negative mri's ct scans. you name it. I have tmj, heart racing, fatigue, sinus problems, pain in the back of my head. tingling arms and hands, numbness, horrible neck pain. Nothing helps. I too feel trapped just want to get back to my normal self . Doctors gave me klonopin it knocks me out. But all symptoms return after meds wear off. My head is so foggy I sometimes don't remember what I was saying or doing. I was so happy to see I am not the only one who feels like this. I wish we could all just find one miracle cure. I think whatever works for you to get some relief even for an hour. It is just so frustrating.  
hello my name is rodney and it all started about 6 mths ago... me and some friends went out to eat and i had 2 bud lights and crab dip.... then we went to the bar up the street and i had umm 4-6 beers and 4-5 yager bombs....we left around 1 a.m. got home and went to bed around 5 a.m. ... the next day woke up around 8 or 9 and there it was ... the dizzeness was so bad that i realy thought i was going to black out.. i had to lay down on the bed everytime....2 days pass and it eases off a little bit ... im in a store and all at once i feel very cold and started sweating bad...feeling like i was going to have a heart attack and die ...
i left the store fast got in my car and drove home as fast as i could ...set on the couch and 30-45 mins. later it was over...i did not know what the hell was going on . so now im stuck feeling this way... from the time i get up till the time i go to bed i feel ....dizzy,lightheaded, arms and legs hurt , sometimes short of breath....i like all of you...have been to a number of docs and i dont know how many test...all is well and they have no clue.... and this is kinda a problem for me cause ...
( I AM A SHOP FOREMAN / MANAGER FOR A DIESEL REPAIR SHOP AND IF A GUY BRINGS HIS TRUCK IN WITH A PROBLEM AND HE COMES TO PICK IT UP AND I SAY  "I COUDLN'T FIND THE PROBLEM BUT YOUR BILL IS $2000.00 DOLLARS SO PAY ME ) yeah right ...lol...im sick of paying doctors to tell me its just all in my head...but i would pay anything to fix this problem i have...all of you who knows this feeling feel the same im sure... blood pressure is always been a little high 130/85 .. sugar is fine .... blood work is fine ....  HELL I
JUST DONT KNOW !!!