Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness, spaced out feeling, head pain, sinus pressure and feeling sh...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
well im so glad i found this forum. i have been going threw these symptoms for about 8 years, i am now 21 years old, i used to get a stomach flu alot, where i would vomit alot throughout the night and be dizzy. i would get this like twice a year, then one day after getting over this stomach flu, i started becoming very dizzy, and its been going every since. its a weird feeling, dizzyness, lightheaded, feeling shaky, pressure in top back part of brain/skull, pressure in forehead, seeing little bubbles, off balance, pressure in ears, pain/discomfort in the neck (right where the brain meets the spine), shooting sharp pains throughtout different parts of head. sometimes feel like i'm dreaming then relize what im doing, if i stare at something, it will look like its moving, when really its not.
its really horrible...... i cant take it already, i've had blood work done, cat scans, etc... but all seems ok, i am confused... its gotten really bad, if i run, jog, move my head to fast, look at something close, etc.... the symptoms start. also more symptoms are eyes feel weird, bad headaches, tired alot, lazy... I'm so sickk and tired of these feelings, can anyone help??
ohh also if i'm in a silent room, it sounds like i'm hearing ringing or buzzing
I am a 54 year old Mail Carrier and every time I exit my truck to take a package to a porch, I get extreme dizziness with head and ear pressure.  It is very frightening walking back to my truck, because I feel like I might not make it.  I become "paralyzed" by the dizziness because it is so severe and I have to sit in my truck for several minutes for the feeling to go away.  When I lay down at night and turn to my left side, the dizziness worsens.  It is not Vertigo, for the room does not spin.  I take Effexor XR for anxiety/depression, HCTZ/Triam for mild high blood pressure and Lovastatin for high cholesterol.  A side effect can be dizziness, but I have taken this medication for a long time and why it would be just affecting me now doesn't make sense.  I do suffer from frequent bouts of sinus trouble and post nasal drip and would not have thought to connect the two until having read this forum.  I am intrigued by the possibility of it being caused by a fungal/viral infection and am anxious to read more about it.
You sound like me - I had this dizziness, whatever,  where you didn't know if you would make it back to your car without fainting feeling.  It has to do with change of position from sitting and then walking and then the feeling like you could faint or the dizziness hits you.  It is the inner ear and after 15 years of this crap a doctor finally said go to physical therapy and am I ever glad I did.  Look up Brandt-Daroff Exercises for BPPV on the computer.  I suggest  a therapist do the first exercises so you know you are doing them right.  Really simple - do them 3 times a day for 10 minutes each time and in two weeks you are done.  Success rate is 95% but they can come back in a year or so but all you do is repeat the two weeks of exercise at home and you will be good to go again.  Important to do the complete two weeks and No, doing the exercises after the two weeks doesn't keep the dizziness, etc. from returning.  Sometimes it is the simply things that really work.
Don't know why doctors are so fast to push a pill on us.  I am so glad I found a doctor who pointed me in the right direction.   Insurance pays for physical therapy and you only need a couple of sessions to get the exercise right.
Thanks for the tip.  I will certainly look into it.  I had a bout with Vertigo several years ago where the room would spin when I would get up or lay down and the ENT gave me exercises to do then.  But this dizziness is different.  The room doesn't spin, I just feel this powerful rush with extreme head and ear pressure.  It feels like I am stuck in this "state" and it takes a good couple of minutes for it to go away.  Not seconds, but actual minutes.  I have a referral to see a Neurologist which I keep putting off.  I also forgot to mention in my post that I have the blurred vision too and I do have frequent migraines.  My father suffered from Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA) and I'm worried that these might be what I am having.  
Has anyone tried acupuncture for these issues? I am so sick of going to doctor after doctor being told if this doesn't work, you should go see this kind of specialist... I called the RN hotline with my insurance company, and the RN I spoke to suggested acupuncture. At this point, I am willing to try anything, so I'm seriously considering giving this a try. Insurance does not cover it, but if I can get my life back, I'm willing to pay. Thought I would see if anyone has heard about any successes with it.
Jenn
I have the exact same thing, i feel dizzy and get really hot and also feel shakey (shaky) and weak, Im currently 16 years old and this has been going on for a year now! =[  Any help! Im scared!
i have been going threw these symptoms for about 8 years, i am now 21 years old, i used to get a stomach flu alot, where i would vomit alot throughout the night and be dizzy. i would get this like twice a year, then one day after getting over this stomach flu, i started becoming very dizzy, and its been going every since. its a weird feeling, dizzyness, lightheaded, feeling shaky, pressure in top back part of brain/skull, pressure in forehead, seeing little bubbles, off balance, pressure in ears, pain/discomfort in the neck (right where the brain meets the spine), shooting sharp pains throughtout different parts of head. sometimes feel like i'm dreaming then relize what im doing, if i stare at something, it will look like its moving, when really its not.
its really horrible...... i cant take it already, i've had blood work done, cat scans, etc... but all seems ok, i am confused... its gotten really bad, if i run, jog, move my head to fast, look at something close, etc.... the symptoms start. also more symptoms are eyes feel weird, bad headaches, tired alot, lazy... I'm so sickk and tired of these feelings, if i'm in a silent room, it sounds like i'm hearing ringing or buzzing all tho there is no noise, i wear glasss from the age of 8 or 9 and my vision is really bad can it be caused from the glasses? also get bad pain in the back neck bone when i sit stright for a long period of time, sometimes ears fill as if they are popin, and if i swallow it goes away but comes right back, im so confused.....someone please help
also if i lay flat on my back with my the back of my head on the pillow, my head will actually be moving with the beat of my heart, and i feel it beating, help please???
please have any body here try MMS powder?
Thirty years of similar symptoms were eventually diagnosed as mild menieres syndrome , Betahistine 16mgx3 dailly helps control symptoms most of the time and the odd bouts are less traumatic .
Like most people I have dodgy sinuses and sleep with a Nozovent/Breathright . Stress doesnt help , nor does looking at water , walking in fog etc. Actualy concentrating on doing something does assist as does staying hydrated and avoiding too much caffeine .
GMAN - omg. I have the same exact symptoms, and it is REALLY scary.  I had a leak in my office building, and they started immediately after that, so I think it might be related to that, but literally every symptom you're saying is what I have. I feel like I'm dreaming, am completely out of it all the time (so confused, and feel like im 90, cannot remember anything) my head feels like it's pulsing when I lay down... and I remember laying down a few times because I felt SO bad, and I would look up at the ceiling and it would look like it was moving. It was really freaking me out. I was getting the WORST migraines in the back of my head (they went away for a couple weeks), feel shaky, and like I'm slurring my words? I've been super dizzy, I don't even want to drive. Also my ears and head just feel like it's clogged, i don't know WHAT is wrong with me. It's seriously driving me insane :(
Who diagnosed you with menieres? I feel like I might have that, and someone did suggest that it was a possibility, i just want it to go away. I cannot deal with this feeling.
I have the same problem as you and will se an ocologist (ear specialist) soon as my mom said to me that she had that problem and it was cause by her ear being block and acouphene (the buzzing noise), it caue dizziness, nausea.  Also, you might have a neck nerves that it`s stuck, that also cause numbness, pain in head ect..
Make sure when sitting correctly to heal your neck, the neck should be relaxed and we have tendecies when looking a screen to make it bent back...I have this problem myself and am now better with my neck.

Funny enough, I had a food poisening (lost 6 pounds in one night..so you can imagine how much whent out)...I felt like I would die.  Thats aslo why I will do  a bacterial check like someone mention here as I wonder if that `s what making me nausea , dizzy , shaky.

Does anyone else have orange pooh also while feeling more sick?
i have been suffering from pressure in my head and ears for 17 years causing dizziness off balance spaced out feeling floating bubbles in front of eyes and shadows and flashes ears feel blocked and at times as if ear drums are about to burst sound is muffled constant popping and clicking head feels like it is swelling and gets really tight also has caused shakiness and brought on several panic attacks the last panic attack i had was yesterday 5/11/2010 i was so bad was taken to hospital where they give me 2 co-codamol tablets hahahahah i have lost 4 jobs through this affliction due to having time off because so bad i have 2 sons i would love to play football and enjoy there childhood with but the symptoms won't allow me to or have a life lost count of doctors i have seen and i am really desprate to be cured can anyone please please help
kayjs and GMAN
can't belive what i have just read on your posts i have all the same syptoms (symptoms) as you both even down to the slurring of words and hearing heart beat in ears when lying down which keeps me awake at night i have doctors appointment yet again on monday 8/11/2010 will keep you guys posted if they come up with anything new
I too have some of the symptoms mentioned. I randomly get  dizzy, even when I'm walking, and I get A LOT of headaches. When the dizziness hits, I have to lean up against a wall or something/sit back down, because almost every muscle in my body shuts down. My eyes also close, I have this wierd heat/pressure feeling throughout my entire body especially my head.

I as well, had an...incident I guess you could say, where I, for the most part, lost my vision. I was abnormally cold, my heart pumped fast and it hurt, and then at the end of it all, I had the worst headache imaginable. I was spouting nonsense, and the headache lasted from about noon that day to 6pm the next day. It lessened between that time though. I've also had...would you call it tunnel vision? Where your peripheral is completely knocked out?

I'm a female and I'm 15. Hopefully we can all get these problem's of our's fixed...and that they're not serious. Don't blame me for being an optimist!

Sincerely,
Mary
Was just wondering but has anyone else had major hair loss in addition to all of these issue? I keep being told "you're so stressed out", which I KNOW is not the case, i've been stressed out about worse things in my life and my hair has never fallen out the way it's been now. It's really worrying me and that's how i know there has to be SOMETHING wrong..
Guys I am a med student, all the symptoms described as dizziness and tunnel vision and numbness etc... Can be due to stress factors, be it emotional distress at college. work, or even life itself, what you should try is to change your lifestyle if it is a non healthy one, like having a good sleep daily and a mid day sleep if possible, eating healthy food away from saturated fats, EXERCISE is a must because it increases your endorphins and serotonin levels which are the hormones responsible for you sense of well-being ( mood ), drink lots of water not less than 2 Liters daily!

Now if you are so anxious about your symptoms especially those who feel numbness and headaches, to be on the safe side, I suggest that you Do Head( brain) MRI, where everything related to a problem in your brain will appear in the MRI image, CT scan wont be as effective as MRI...

I wish all of us a good health full of happiness and peace!
I've been getting many of these symptoms now for about 5 weeks or so.  I often get bouts of sinus pressure problems.  I used to get a pain around the corner of my left eye many years ago that went on for two and a half years before an allergy doctor figured out it was a sinus problem.  I saw two sinus specialists, had two CT scans and they said I did NOT have a sinus problem.  Well, I didn't have a sinus infection.  The first scan did show the fluid build up in my cheeks, but he dismissed it as not a problem.  Well, pressure near the corner of my eye was causing the skin to become hyper-sensitive.  Pseudophedrine (i.e. Sudafed) at prescription strength along with some snorting exercises to force the fluid out of my cheek cavities cleared that problem up in 3 days flat.  I mention this to illustrate that what appears to be complex problems that go on and on and on can sometimes be really simple things (defective one-way valve by nose?) but unfortunately, most doctors are in a hurry and just want to prescribe and move on to the next patient to keep the money flowing in.  The allergy doctor that figured it out sat with me for 2 hours after his normal work hours to listen to me go on about 2.5 years of misery.  

Anyway, I know I'm prone to both sinus pressure there and near my Eustachian tubes (I used to get ear infections easily, but learned that Sudafed could drain/stop that in its tracks when I felt the symptoms/fluid pressure starting to come on and haven't had an ear ache since).  But about 6 weeks ago, I started taking prescription strength Naproxen as an anti-inflammatory to see if it helped with Sciatica type symptoms I had been getting since last July.  Within 3 days of taking it as prescribed, I started getting nausea and hints of vertigo (felt like I kept moving up and down after I got off an elevator at work, but the vertigo feeling would usually calm down over time).   I started taking all kinds of expectorant and pseudophedrine again, but it doesn't seem to help much.  I also stopped taking Naproxen, but now over 4 weeks later, the symptoms continue, often in "waves" (will feel OK when I get up, but get worse at times during the day).  It feels like something is clogging up the Eustachian tubes at times, but I don't think it's a fluid.  I'm starting to suspect a fungal or perhaps even a yeast infection.  I suspect the latter because I've been getting white powder/dandruff-like material on my face around my chin now for over a year and I've had it before that by the edge of my one eyebrow for years on and off and only recently discovered that is a yeast problem, not a fungal one like I had been assuming.  I used to get it really bad on my scalp, but using daily Selenium Sulfide dandruff shampoo (Head and Shoulders because it's cheaper, but Selsum Blue is the same thing more or less) kept that away.  I started applying it to my face while in the shower, but it seems to have minimal effect.  Scrubbing with a wipe cloth instead of just my hands seems to help keep it in check more than anything else, but I doubt that's "getting rid" of it, just slowing it down.  Apparently, this can be an acidity/PH problem and/or an immune response and even anxiety and stress can make it worse.  Now whether that's related to any sinus problems I cannot say, but I keep it in mind.  

I had a nagging suspicion that my eyes had changed based on pulling my glasses away from my face and it getting clearer (or at least staying clear) as I moved them away.  I had my eyes checked a few days ago and it turns out for the first time in my life my eyes got BETTER in both eyes, 0.75 diopters in my right eye and 0.25 diopters in my left eye.  I thought perhaps this explained the nausea/dizziness since looking through glasses that are too strong/distorted can easily set off motion sickness.  I thought this was it when I got the new glasses and had no dizziness two days ago and half the day yesterday, but then shortly after lunch yesterday it came back with a vengeance and I cannot help but wonder if food could play a part.  I sometimes get light-headed hours after eating starchy foods (blood sugar drop?), but I never felt "dizzy" from it and my blood sugar test last April was normal.

I just had blood tests done to make sure I'm not having some kind of kidney or liver dysfunction (especially since high levels of Naproxen preceded it) along with checking my sugar levels again and a few other things.  I'm still awaiting the results.  I also had an MRI last Monday to see if a disc is out of place in my lumbar spine since I've been having Sciatica issues since then (the doctor thinks it might be Piriformis Syndrome, but the stretches only help so much).  I just had shoulder surgery in August to remove two bone spurs for a pain problem with my shoulders over last winter that also produced numerous neuropathy responses in the area of my arms and chest (it could be that tight neck muscles were causing those reactions in response to me shuddering over the pull/pain in the shoulder).  Since the surgery, the pain has gone from that area completely (other than a tad of residual stiffness from the surgery that is still steadily disappearing).  So you can imagine this has been quite a bad year for me.

I'd be curious to know if taking something like Dramamine has helped any of you with the nausea and motion sickness feelings.  It seems to help me during the day and when I was on vacation, but it's far from a cure.  I can only assume then that whatever this is must ultimately still be coming from the inner ear regardless of the possible external or internal cause.  I'm about to go take some now since I'm starting to feel motion sick already and I've only been up an hour.  It seems to go down when lying down or sleeping and come back randomly during the day.  I still suspect an inner ear cause.

I sometimes get motion sick just from playing certain 3D video games (seems to depend on the frame rate/smoothness of the motion as some games cause it and other similar games do not).  I used to get motion sick as a child riding in the car in the back seat, but not the front seat and yet the ocean doesn't make me sick one bit (was recently on a cruise last year in August of '09 with 30 feet waves rocking the ship near Alaska and I never slept better in my life and functioned normally all day long; other people were puking all over the place) so my tendency for motion sickness is weird to say the least.  Roller Coasters generally don't make me sick either, but a Tilt-A-Whirl can (two types of spinning motion.  But none of that seems related here other than perhaps a proneness to dizziness that could be making the symptoms worse than they should be.  I have yet to throw up from the nausea so it's rather "low grade" overall or else I would be puking, but it's enough to ruin one's quality of life.  And hear I had been thinking first the shoulder problem and then the Sciatica cramping/discomfort was ruining my life.  Thankfully, the shoulder is doing much better, but now I have the double irritation of pressure sensitivity in my legs and the feeling of motion sickness and nausea in my head.  Don't feel alone out there.  I'm quickly learning just how many people face pain/sickness/misery on a daily basis.  I can only hope that there is a reason for all this misery and that a higher power (God if you like) has a plan through it all somehow that we mere mortals can't really see because otherwise it just seems like senseless suffering through no fault of our own (unlike things like war which we create ourselves as a society).
You -- and probably many people who've posted here -- are probably experiencing symptoms of migraine. Migraine can cause a wide range of symptoms beside the typical stabbing headache. Dizziness, wooziness, neck pain, head pain, feeling spacey or fuzzy, face pain, nausea, on and on. Read the book Heal Your Headache to find out more about this and ways to deal with it. Good luck.
I should get both my blood test results tomorrow (they didn't describe it over the answering machine when I got home) along with my lumbar MRI results at my doctor's appointment, but as my head seems to be hurting worse despite decongestants and after a bit of reading, I think I may be experiencing a somewhat chronic (as in it's lasted for a month now) tension headache that is only getting worse as time goes on.  I'm getting less dizzy and more achy, but the two seem connected.  Given my shoulder/neck problems I had earlier this year, I could easily have a neck tension problem and stress lately over sciatica probably is making it worse.  I'm guessing a lot of people in this thread either have tension or migraine headaches (depending on where the pain is and how strong).  Mine is definitely all over my head, low-grade (so low at first I hardly noticed the headache, just the light-headed/dizzy feeling and then associated motion sickness nausea I get from being dizzy and a feeling of general unwellness)  and it's very tender under the edge of my skull near my ears.  This is a classic tension headache.  I didn't realize tension headaches could cause light-headed dizzy or nausea feelings, but it appears very common, especially in chronic or long term cases.
I agree with the migraine hypothesis.
And/or Tempromandibular Joint Dysfuntion (TMJD)
This is jaw, ear, sinus, neck, head, face etc...pain, nausea and dizziness that feels like a migraine. The tissues swell, nerves pinch, blood supply is reduced to these areas and the body responds by increasing blood supply which causes vascular headaches etc..
Grinding the teeth or biting hard usually in your sleep can cause headaches that are exactly like migraines.
Migraines can be triggered by lots of things: allergies, hormones, stress, lights, certain foods, etc...
See a doctor for migraine and perhaps a dentist or neuromuscular dentist that specializes in TMJD and you may get some relief.
All of these symptoms sound like migraine, TMJD which frequently occur with fibormyalgia (not just muscle pain folks: look up the host of sypmptoms that it causes) could also explain some of your symptoms.
I have been experiencing alot of the same symptoms as everyone lists here. I am a 28 year old female and my symtoms (symptoms) started almost a year ago. I constantly have an off-balance feeling, almost like i am standing on a boat, or being pulled in one direction, usually accompanied by a spacey feeling. I have alot of facial and neck pain. Most pain occurs in my upper neck, where the skull and spine connect and i also experience pain in and around my jaw and temples. Some days the pain is so bad i have to lay down. It does not help that i work at a computer all day - it is never fun to stare at a computer screen when you have a terrible headache! I also feel very tense most of the time, which i beleive is due to the balance issue. I will go out to a restaurant, or to the mall and i am tensed right up - not able to relax, which makes things worse! I'm so worried about something happening to me while out in a public place. I dont know why i worry because nothing has ever happened! Its so strange. I've had blood tests done and have tried anxiety medication which landed me in the emergency room all night due to a bad reaction. I am seeing my doctor again tomorrow which always makes me feel a little better once they provide reassurance. When i was 14 i had spinal meningitis so i am wondering if this may be a side-effect...
For everyone else suffereing from symptoms and not knowing what is going on, i feel for you!! I know how stressful this is, and also how debilitating it can be. I will post any updates and i ask that everyone else does the same. I have noticed that on alot of forums people all talk about their symptoms but rarely post their diagnosis. I pray for everyone to become healthy again so we can all live life to its fullest!!!
Melissa
Melisa, did you ever happen to have Bell's Palsy before?  I had it a couple of years ago and given the spinal cause of it, I can't help but wonder if there's some overall connection between my bulging neck disc, Bell's Palsy and the current tension/spacey feeling (the motion sickness seems to have stopped or at least paused; I now just feel like I'm having a light headed blood sugar drop type feeling or just a bit off balance (like you say on a boat).  The tension headaches have gone down quite a bit so maybe that's why the motion sickness/nausea feeling has abated quite a bit lately.  I'm still having a lot of Sciatic type pain, but when the arm/shoulder pain kicks back in (as it has lately for short bouts), I start to wonder if it's really part of some larger problem like my diagnosed Vitamin D deficiency (although mega-doses of Vitamin D only seem to make things like my teeth MORE sensitive, not less).

Hi Everyone,

I too suffered from the symptoms that many of you have in common---headaches, dizziness, tachycardia, feelings of detachment (brain fog) with inability to concentrate, muscle pain, fatigue, shakiness ect...... These symptoms went on for 5 years. I visited every kind of medical professional on the planet. The results always came back as negative. I was diagnosed during this time with hypothyroidism and B-12 deficiency. I don't believe that these diagnoses had anything to due with my symptoms. Just as the array of syptoms (symptoms) came--they left. I did begin taking probiotics and vitamins. I don't know if this actually help rid my body of some type of toxin or not. I just know that eventually the symptoms left. The problem is that now my 17 year old daughter is experiencing the exact same issues and has had them for 1 year. She has visited every type of specialist out there and they have found nothing. I can only hope that a physician sees these posts and takes this serious. I am a registered nurse and I see others being admitted to the hospital with similar symptoms and leave with no diagnosis. I do agree with the post that suggests exercise and eating healthy. I do believe we are being exposed to many toxins via our food and air that some indivduals cannot tolerate. I'll continue to research and let you know what I find---if anything. God bless and keep the faith. This too shall pass.
No i have never had Bell's Palsy. I havent heard of it before, but i did do some research on it. I saw my doctor the other day and she has prescribed anxiety medication (Effexor) as she thinks that my dizziness may be caused by anxiety. If after a few weeks of taking the medication i still experience dizziness then she will refer me to a neurologist. Its frustrating as i just want to know what is going on...and these pills are making me sick, which is normal for the first few days. Has your doctor ever suggested anxiety as being the cause of your symptoms?
Yes, two different orthopedic doctors BOTH noticed I appeared to be highly anxious (to me it's no surprise given the pains/problems I've had for 11 months now) and earlier in the year when I was only having shoulder pain I tried 3 different anti-depressants including at least one that supposedly helps anxiety and one that affects dopamine (Wellbutrin) instead of serotonin since the latter never seems to do much for me.  Zoloft was the worst for side-effects for me.  I did seem to feel a little less depressed, but I also started getting really bad hyper-skin sensitivity around where the inflammation was on my shoulder.  Serotonin can affect nerve sensitivity in high quantities (i.e. if you have too much in your system; these drugs always assume you have too little or aren't absorbing enough so they try to generate more of it).  I couldn't STAND the feeling of sunburn + bugs crawling on my shoulder so I quit using it and the feeling went away within 3 days back to the way it was (hurt, but wasn't hyper like that).  Wellbutrin slowly started to cause similar symptoms and seemed to have zero affect on my mood (surprising to me given that Hydrocodine (i.e. Vicodin) increases Dopamine levels too and that stuff always made me feel better in terms of mood as well as decreased pain).  I forget what the other one was or whether it was Lyrica or not (which I've just started taking again to see if that helps the Sciatica problems I'm not having).  I've only been using it for 2 days so I wouldn't draw a conclusion yet.

In any case, my nausea has disappeared in the past week or two to the point where I barely feel light-headed anymore (comes and goes, but is minor now) and have virtually no vertigo or nausea feelings at all anymore.  I can't say for sure what changed other than I stopped taking Tramadol (Ultram).  I find that surprising, though given it never caused me any problems in the past, unless it's a reaction of that PLUS something else I'm taking or even my Vitamin D deficiency.  I always got a little "light headed" with Tramadol before, but it was more of a "pleasant" feeling like Vicodin, not nausea or dizzy but maybe if it's reacting with something else?  Mood may still play into it, though for all I know.

HELLO, i just want to say that I have been struggling for two year with symptoms that dread me and i have also seeked countless doctors who have not been able to help me. I experience feelings where I feel very out of it and spaced out as if I'm  not looking into space but my eyes are open. A very dreamy look and feeling. It makes me feel weak and that I cannot move foward. I lack all depth perception. It worsens with motion. I feel like neurologically together with my eyes , I cannot focus and feel lost because how i see. I really need help.I tried medications before but they did not help. Anyone help plz.
I read the first few posts on this thread.  It reminded me of a friend of mine who saw lots of doctors and got as far as them finding out it was a problem with his adrenal glands, possibly Addison's disease (the same thing Jack Kennedy had) or something similar.  I think he got sick of going to doctors for a while, but it seemed to be pointing to that from his imaging studies.  

Hopefully some of you have benign positional vertigo, which is the thing that is helped with those positional exercises some are talking about.  That seems very curable with the right treatment.  Good luck to you.
i dont know if this willhelp any of you. but ihave been havin dizzy spells for years the pediatrition told my mom that it was because i grew to fast and i would grow out of it. 15yrs later i still get them i cant get up to fast and i cant exersize more then 20minutes at a time. its been 4 yrs since i started a regular work out and i still get dizzy the mri and cat scans showed nothing so i thought i was being paranoid. till my grandfather told me he had LOW blood pressure. turns out thats all it was. dr put me on a higher sodium diet n the problem hasnt been too bad. they drs tend to look over somethings with all the possiblities out there..
hope this helps some of yous out. good luck
I HAVE ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS YOU DO. I ALSO HAVE HORRIBLE PANIC ATTACKS NOW. I CANT GET JUST A LITTLE NERVOUS. ITS ALL PANIC OR NOTHING AND THE SMALLEST THINGS CAN CAUSE.  I ALSO FIND IN NORMAL CONVERSATION WITH FRIENDS IF I TRY TO FOCUS ON THEIR EYES OR FACE I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PANICE ATTACK, HEARTBEAT IN THE HEAD, AND DIZZINESS AND PRESSURE. THIS ALL STARTED 12 YEARS AGO. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO YOU HAVE LEARNED. THIS ALSO ALL STARTED THE VERY FIRST TIME I SMOKED WEED.
I was in OR this past weekend and we went drinking and I smoked a little bit of pot (which I haven't in 5 years) woke up the next morning and felt that I was still stoned.. like my equalibrium was off! This is now Wed and its been 5 days later and I still feel like Im stoned or drunk or in slow motion.. my sences like touch I will feel them a sec later..And i have devolped headaches in the front of my head.. I don't know its weird to explain..I just feel super disoriented I went to the doc and he said its some kind of virus and to take Tylenol and drink plenty of water.. I still feel the same as i did that day just with headaches.. my mother said it could be some kind of sinus infection but im not sneezing or stuffy nose.. she said it was like of the same symptoms.. any help would be appriciated! Sorry for misspelt words and non-use of punctuation =]
Same here mine started after smoking weed also.  i have since had panic disorder and stuff.  this is my 3rd bout with it but this time i am having that pressure in head and neck with the balance thing and been feeling spaced out as well.  another thing is i am having hot flashes as well and im 30 y/o male
My advice to you two is to stay away from the pot.  My nausea eventually went away after about a month.  I'm guessing some drugs cause reactions and some stay in your body a lot longer than others.  I was taking prescription Naproxen for less than 3 days for my back/leg pain when it started and it took over a month for the dizzy feelings to go away.  There are certain chemicals in pot (and not necessarily the ones that make you high) that can stay in your body for over a month in some cases.
ok i have been feeling dizziness,nausea,a shaky feeling in my body,and feel hot at sometimes.i had been feeling this sympthom for about 4 days now and i cant stand this feeling,i feel like im having a dream but im not i feel real sensative at times..i dont know whats wrong and im getting worried can anyone provide me with any idea on what it can be before i go see a doctor..thank you
A lot of this sounds like a C1/C2 neck problem.  And I say this from experience after two chiropractic adjustments, where I woke up the next day with vertigo, grogginess, blocked ear, sinus/nasal pressure, pulsing pain in the occiput, depth/movement perception problems on one side, muscle spasm down one side of my back, arm and over the whole of one side of my head (with trigger points at the top of my nose, sinus, temple and occiput) and inability to get my hand to do what it was supposed to (writing/typing/fine work).  

The first time, it went on for a year and a half, with neuralgia, numbess on my cheek, fainting, weird pulsing in my arteries, weird visuals/perceptions when I was moving and what was later diagnosed as a cervical migraine.  

I just found out recently, at least this time, it was caused by the atlas (C1) sliding over to one side after the adjustment...and the resultant muscle spasm, seeming to cause everything else to be unstable (slightly different every day).  I'm not sure, but I read that C1 problems/blood supply problems (eg vertebral artery) can effect the cerebellum (responsible for spatial perception/movement).  Only problem is, I'm no sure how long that will go on for, even after manual therapy.  Last time the spatial distortions went on for months.  

So, advice would be to find a good physiotherapist, who specialises in head/neck pain and at least give it a go.  And try a cervical collar to temporarily take the spasm out of your neck muscles - might be a good test.  I was really scared the first time it happened, as friends thought I'd had a stroke due to the odd neuro symptoms.  Turns out it was all coming from the neck, esp in terms of instability, which is a bit of a shocker.  
Could any of it be related to anxiety?
I don't know that this will help you or not,but Nurse's comment was that she had some of these same symtoms (symptoms) around the same time she was diagnosed with b12 and vit d deficiency and her symptoms mysteriously disappeared and she didn't think it had anything to do with that diagnosis.   I too had some of the same symptoms, but specifically the pain in neck, head, shoulders, horrible tingling/numbness/burning in hands and fingers. Diagnosed in 06 with carpel tunnel syndrome, impinged nerve at the c2 and c3, herniation and degenerative disc disease.  Just a few months ago I developed more severe symptoms such as breathlessness, brain fog, memory problems, etc.  I tested low for vitamin D, but my b12 reading was normal.  I had little improvement after taking vitamin d, so I insisted on b12 injections as I feel I am malabsorbent of vitamins.  And just like magic, my breathlessness, mental fog, and nerve problems, ie. carpel tunnel, neck pain, shoulder pain all disappered after my 3rd or 4th injection!  

You stated that you had flu like symptoms alot and threw up.  Did you know that b12 is a water soluble vitamin,as well as all your b's.  And you lose it through your urine output, diarrea (diarrhea), vomit, sweat, or improper diet.  I am still having problems with fatigue, pounding heart and a general feeling of just not being well,, I think may be possible related to thryoid disorder.   Hope that you soon find some help for your problems and are feeling well!  Happy Holidays
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have had severe neck pain, dizziness, lightheaded, ear pain, swollen gland feeling, eye soreness (I do have Graves Disease) and head pain that have lead to occasional nausea and vomiting. I have had a CT, X-ray, and I am having an MRI in a week. I have been to several Drs - no answers - just guesses,  also a chiropractor - bi weekly for 2 months - no relief -   and now a neurologist just this past month.
First I was told it was sinusitis and was given antibiotics for years (which the CT this past Oct showed it was not sinusitis), and then degenerative disc disease (which an X-ray in November confirmed this), and now I have been told it may be migraines.
The symptoms have been going on and off for about 5 yrs, but have gotten worse as of this September. It is now a daily pain. My neck hurts so bad,  along with a woozy feeling. I can not even think straight.
I was in a minor car accident a year ago, but I never went to the hospital because I thought I was ok. Could it be the after effects of whiplash?
I CAN NOT STAND FEELING LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!
My head is so foggy, I can not think straight, and it is effecting my work and my life! All I ever want to do is go to sleep because that is the only time I do not feel like this!
HELP!!
I have the same symptoms and they're pretty debilitating. One thing that has helped me is the use of probiotics. Specifically, the bifidobacterium and lactobacillus acidophilus strains. They reduce the dizziness and off-balance feeling. I can only take them for a few days at a time as they cause vivid dreams and constipation, but they do help a lot.

I've given up on doctors and, to some extent, alternative health. I hope this will go away over time. If your doctor gives the okay, give the probiotics a try for a few days.
I have had many of the things listed in comments above. I am 22 year old female. This past june my body shut down out of the no where. I could not keep food down, I was always exhausted, - had neck pains (still do), I couldn't stay awake, I couldn't stay sitting up for more then a second seconds and worst of all I had and have this awful out of body sensation. I went to so many doctors- everyone from the best in nyc to even the mayo clinic. After blood work, xrays, brain scans, tilt table tests and etc all they came up with was stress. Of course I was relieve to know I didn't have brain cancer or some crazy deadly illness but at the same time being diagnosed with depression to the point at which you become bed ridden is not fun. I do have depression, I do have panic attacks but unfortunately not much has helped. I'm am very sensitive to drugs- most medications gave me horrible nightmares which didn't help my exhaustion cause. So now I am kind of left to heal naturally which isn't the quickest route when your immune system is that of a new born, your depressed and have heart isues. I still get this out of body feelings which can ruin an entire day or week or month. I do believe most of of what we are dealing with is stress. Stress can make you tired, nauseous, have muscle pain (leading to neck aches, or tension headaches).  

Though I have no cure or even a diagnoses that I agree with I have found these few things to help...
Swimming.
Meditation (I know I know but just try it)
Forcing myself to be social.
Xanex (don't abuse it- it should be there as a safety net)
Enough sleep but not too much.
Talk therapy (even if you don't think you have problems...you probably do)
Being distracted. Other thinking is your worst enemy and will lead you to crazy thoughts, maybe even suicidal or will lead you to google (how we all found this)
I hope this will give some of you hope or direction. I posted a few months ago but feel compelled to update things, if only because I know how frightening these symptoms can be and I wish someone had mentioned this to me earlier. I have recovered more or less 95% of my normal self since I began feeling all of the same symptoms mentioned here back in March 2010.
It seems all of these symptoms can be caused by anxiety disorder. Probably the likely cause if you find yourself panic stricken for no apparent reason/outside frightens you because of your symptoms. Difficult to believe I understand. However, I ashamedly bought one of those "Conquer your fear!" etc self-help books, and the **** works.
Try it. They're only around $18. That or get some cognitive therapy. It's supposed to work quickly and well.
When I think back to the height/on-set of my symptoms and how I was worried that I would eventually end up wandering the streets of New York with cheetos in my beard, no shirt, muttering to myself, having no idea who I was or where I was, I feel quite relieved to know that that won't happen.  
Other people have mentioned it in their posts but now that there are well over 400 posts I though I should keep this idea prevalent.
Anxiety disorder. Check it out. Totally curable.
Sorry. Panic Disorder is what I meant to say in the above post. Anxiety disorder is too general.

I have been having all of these symptoms for about 2years now! It all started after me and my friend ate some weed brownies and I'd never done it before and the effect it had on me was horrible. I genuinely felt like I was going to die, I couldn't even talk properly, I was so spaced out and dizzy even when I laid down I was still dizzy and I just couldn't relax! Anyway that finally went away that night when I got drunk because it stopped me worrying! However I was then ok for a while until I was at work folding the jeans a d I suddenly had this burst of lightheaded dizziness and I blacked out for a second and ever since then it has never gone away! It's always worse after I have been out drinking the night before and I'm so spaced out the next day I can't go anywhere! I was diagnosed with a vitamin b12 deficiency which i have no recovered from but the sympthoms are still there. I can't even walk around the shops without feeling pressure in my head and around my eyes :( I used to be so happy and could do anything but now I hate going anywhere even the supermarket by myself because I feel I'm going to go fuzzy and lose my balance! At the moment I'm on amoxicillin for a sinus infection but it doesn't seem to have changed anything and I'm so fed up of feeling like this I sometimes feel what's the point it's never going to go away! The spaced out feeling is the worst, I over think everything so much and it doesn't help, I just feel out of reality and sudden movements in my head send me fuzzy. I can't stand still for very long without feeling fuzzy and if I stare at something I feel like I'm in a world of my own. It's not as bad when I'm looking at something close to me though! The feeling does go away when I drink alcohol, I think it's because I stop worrying about it but then it's ten times worse the next day! I dont kno what to do anymore, I do drink alot when I'm out so I don't kno if this is the cause as with b12 4 years worth is stored in your liver but my b12 levels are fine now and I havnt drank for 2weeks and I still am having all the symptoms. I just can't live my life, I can't shop or go to the supermarket anymore or walk around wide open spaces. Please help! Xxx
I'm seeing a lot comments on here about the condition precipitated by weed.  I can't help but wonder if it's setting something off (anxiety if nothing else, apparently by those worrying that they somehow permanently damaged their brain).  I seriously doubt if that's the case having known a few people that smoked the stuff for many years and given the heavy usage under medical marijuana laws in several states with relatively few long term side effects, overall.  Increasing paranoia seems to be the common long term effect I've heard about, but anxiety and paranoia aren't that far apart from each other.

I've been having my own problems for a year now (starting with shoulder problems last January, which have lessened to the point where it's gone most of the time (I also had two bone spurs removed on the right shoulder), but now having Sciatica type symptoms instead since July.  I've been told my many doctors that my anxiety over these conditions is quite possibly fueling the conditions.  The fact that the shoulder pains come back indicates there's a neck tension problem that could be partially caused by anxiety (looking down at my iPod Touch a lot may not help either as that can increase neck tension as well).  

I had my own month of "dizzy spaced out" feeling back in October.  It started right after taking prescription Naproxen (as in the same primary ingredient in Aleve) that was supposed to help with the Sciatica, but three days later I started getting dizzy, nausea and vertigo.  I was also taking Tramadol for pain.  It took over a MONTH of not taking either one before it went away from just 3 days use.  3 months later I decided to try Tramadol again since I had used it on/off for a few years for previous shoulder problems that went down my back to my shoulder blade and a pain doctor even had me combine it with Vicodin back then to help with the pain and I had no problems what-so-ever.  It helped quite a bit.  But this time I started to feel hints of dizzy again and so I stopped taking it.  But I did notice that I was VERY congested that night, so it's possible sinus problems were contributing to the feeling.  It's not impossible some drugs could actually be counter-productive to keeping the sinuses open.  But I do know during that month in October no amount of decongestants made the dizzy/nausea go away so I think it was either the Naproxen or some kind of interaction between it and Tramadol.  Tramadol can cause a light-headed slightly "high" feeling at times, but I never felt nausea or "dizzy" with it before so it's hard to say, but I bring it up because there seems to be a lot of drug precipitated episodes to this whole "dizzy spaced out feeling" thing.  Some of these drugs stay in your system for quite some time so if you're having a reaction to something it may take awhile to get rid of it.  I doubt that drinking alcohol is helping anything long term (especially since it's making the problem worse then next day), but the fact that the feeling goes away while taking it could also mean you need to work on the anxiety thing.  Try relaxation exercises (breathing, certain music, possibly incense, a bath or spa treatment, etc.).  I've found there aren't many good medications to help with anxiety (I've tried a few anti-depressants and haven't had much luck with any of them) along with herbal stuff like Valerian and none really fixed anything.  Getting your mind off the problem is about the only thing that might help.  I know a couple of beers helped with my Sciatica pain early on, but it didn't fix anything and now it doesn't help much at all unless I get drunk and that's generally bad news the next day (hangover), let alone all those dead brain cells.

Anyway, stay away from weed and alcohol.  Try taking an expectorant and decongestant for the sinus congestion for a week or so (sinus pressure alone can make you feel dizzy, nausea and "not right" all by itself, let alone in combination with something else and work on the anxiety thing and give it some time.  It took over a month before I stopped getting dizzy/vertigo and it was awful for that month, but it did eventually go away and stay away.
Hi I'm 21
I haven't been right for about 4 months now, it started when my uncle died of a brain tumour and i felt a bump on my head.
I kept having head pains, not so much an ache but like a shooting pain here and there. I still haven't been to the doctors about anything and its even keeping me awake at night.

Here are my symptoms.

Headpains by my left temple, back of my head, around my left eye and like a burning sensation , Spaced out feeling, Aching arms and knee's, loss of concentration.
I notice my breathing alot more and i have panic attacks when thinking about stuff.
I notice every twitch on my body and think it could be something serious.

Think i just need to be told i'm not dying and it would go away.

Today has been my worst day so far, i could just sit down and cry, in a band you see and when i was on stage i was just zoned out, after the show i was backstage and people was talking to me , i was listening but it wasn't going in my head and i was just agreeing with everything.

Think i will go to the doctors and get myself sorted.
I wonder if you had gotten any resolve or have overcome the mysterious symptoms you had been having.  i found this post among others
in search of help for my problem i found this website and read your symptoms.  i have been having (almost all) the exact symptoms since march, 2010 except for the stomach symptoms.  i have all the other symptoms, and i understand what you are going through.  it is terrible, isn't it?  i get terrible mental confusion with the feeling of floating and dizziness.   also sometimes objects seems to be slowly moving, or wobbling if i stare at them.  there is some fogginess in vision some times but just a little.  also i get the sharp pains through different parts of head and body that seem to travel in patterns. i got scared that i was having a stroke or heart attack.  last april i spent 2 days in the hospital where the doctors ran just about every test for heart and stroke except angiogram.  i just could not see going through angiogram when all these other tests came out negative.  i had ct scans for brain tumors, scans of the neck and jaw and nothing was found.  all my blood tests were normal.   i get that feeling of breathlessness with the dizziness and sometimes the slight breathlessness starts it all, then goes into the metal confusion.  i was afraid i was getting alzheimers or some other brain disease because of the episodes of feeling detached and unable to think straight about what i am doing.  i get in a confused state for seconds at a time, on and off,  standing around wondering what i am doing.   this continues sometimes for hours, mostly in the morning and sometimes it's like i am walking around in circles, wondering how to focus on things, and then it passes.  and i feel normal.    i don't have any memory loss, long term or short term or any other problems with the brain or mind, only during these dizzy detached periods. i don't smoke drink or take drugs. i do have high cholesterol.  i am overweight, but not obese.  i have always been active, and not much of a couch potato.   i could go on and on, but i'll just say this, i did have some pretty bad respiratory viruses in 2009 and 2010, with ear infections and sore throat that i caught from my husband.  i wonder if it was H1N1, but the doctor said my blood tested negative for those.  i wonder if they can't detect some of these viruses with regular blood work,   and these viruses can leave us with terrible side affects.  i had fallen in my back yard and fell hard on my nose and chin and face  (fell really hard) a few years ago. i went to my ENT doc who said the inside of my sinus wall had been damaged and was shaped now like an acordian instead of smooth.  but that happened at least 6 months prior to when these symptoms started.   i spent most of 2010 in emergency room and doctors offices because of this problem what ever it is, it wound up costing me thousands of dollars that i am still trying to pay off, but with no answer as to what it is or may be, and i am suffering depression now, i just want my mind back, my life back.   they try to say this could be anxiety or panic.  i find it hard to accept that, because i can wake up in the morning, say prayers feel wonderful, then suddenly, it hits.   i wonder if there is anyone out there that has any idea of what this could be.  this is a desperate situation.  those of us going through this illness and symptoms are really suffering in life, and it seems as if there is no help or hope for us.  this is a terrible way to live.  i've read hundreds maybe thousands of blogs such as this where people are searching online for help with quite the same or very similar symptoms.    what is going on?
Hi Ryan,
I have a friend who experienced something similar. Her uncle passed away due to a heart attack and all of a sudden she developed terrible anxiety issues. Alot of her symptoms were the same as what you have described. Her doctor prescribed anxiety medication in which she took for a few months. This cured her of the symptoms. She was able to go off the medication, but has recently developed anxiety again. Myself, i am also on anxiety medication as i experience dizziness, neck pain and panic issues. It is really CRAZY what the brain is capable of doing. I am in no way a professional that can tell you what is wrong, or even give you ideas, however i know that what you are experiencing has happened to others and perhaps knowing this may provide you with some comfort. Hope you feel better soon.
Hi everyone,
I've posted my story on here a couple of times and just want to provide you with an update. At the beginning of December i was prescribed anxiety medication by my doctor after telling her my symtoms (symptoms) which included dizziness (off balance feeling), neck pain, headaches, shortness of breath, ect... Once i started on the medication (Effexor) i started to see results within a week. Most anxiety medications are known to provide full effects within 4 to 6 weeks of treatment, so this makes me think that some of my issues were really "in my head". I felt great for the whole month of December!! I recently came down with a cold and was experiencing some dizziness again. I had my doctor check my ears and she said that there was some fluid in them, which could very well be the cause of the dizziness. Its not half as bad as it was prior to taking the medication, and i believe this is because i do not have the anxiety that was associated with the off balance feeling. My doctor has recommended that i increase my dosage to two pills a day (37.5mg each) as i am on a very low dose (this medication can go as high as 400mg). I am going to try this and see if i get back to feeling 100% like i did last month. Anxiety can do unbelievable things to a person, including aches and pain all over! There were times when i was certain that i had a brain tumor, or heart problems but once i started on the medication that all went away. I do not want to say that this is everyone's issue but it is definietly something to look in to, and it is curable. Good luck everyone! This too shall pass...
im getting so dizzy when i sit down i feel like i have to lean to the side all the time im nervous to get up incase i spin i suffer from severe anxiety but im convinced its something else HELP
mostly   they   are   psychosomatic   the   main   cause   of   all   somatic   are   base   on   emotions   like   anger   grief   apathy   fear   antagonism   'and   too   many   inhabitant   emotions   which   make   body ill   ,  theses   emotion   bring   changes   internal  chamical   imbalancing which  cause  illness,  its   mind   mechanism  if   you  feel   pleasure  your   all  pain   body  sensation   vanish  that  time  as   you  come  back  to  your  routine   thinking  of  grief  fear  apathy  too  much   attention  of  past   things  and  body  its  agin  trigger  the  situation, if  you  want  to  make  ur  immune  system  strong  then  try  to  relax  your  mind  and  take  intrest  in  creative  things  and  always  imagine  yourself  healthy its  take  time to  get result  but  keep  imagining  and believe  you  see  result  try  to  be happy  and  do what  ever  you  feel  happy  and stay away  creticle negative people who  discourage  let you feel  down' major  cause  of any illness are suppressive people are situaltion and handle your suppressor ' have a healthy life..  
jaymiles811 min
The feelings of dizziness and everything really spoke to me.  For years people thought I was "just stressed" (including me at times) but I knew deep in my heart it was something else.  I saw many doctors before they diagnosed me with a "Neuralgia".  You should get checked for this because no other test showed this..  the only way to find out mine was to get a "Occipital Nerve Block"  (because I had constant weird feelings in the back of my neck).

Also get check for Lyme's disease if you haven't already..  OH and also tooth decay can cause this in some cases.
God bless you.  I'll pray for your healing.
Guys please have any body here try SEREDYN  before? i learth that it si a very good product for this problems. i will be grateful if some body could tell me something about it, thanks
To the lady with b12 deficiency and hypothyroidism, your daughter, although her thyroid might be low enough for the medical standards, might still have it. Also, don't do synthetic thyroid meds. Do armour thyroid medication. It's a better alternative and still prescription.

I think everyone here should start with getting a chiropractic adjustment (out of place bones can cause major headaches and tingling), take 1-2 i.u. vit D a day, a sold B complex with lots of b12, a high quality multiple vitamin, get exercise, eat fruits and veggies, and after all this, see what meds your taking. I get the same symptoms when I'm coming off any antidpressant or even starting up on them.
I also have had most of the same symptoms for about 6 months & actually landed in the hospital twice because of them. Did any of you notice that the symptoms would get progressively worse thru each day? I haven't had any alcohol or pot for almost 26 years, so that's not it. My problem started when I was prescribed HCTZ for high blood pressure. Turns out it's a diuretic, which flushed most of the electrolytes out of my system. When my doctors saw how low my Sodium, Potassium & Chloride were the first time, they rushed me by ambulance to the emergency room & admitted me. Wouldn't let me drive because I could have heart failure any minute or go into convulsions behind the wheel & kill someone. Spent 24 hrs getting transfused w/electrolytes. Felt much better but not totally normal. Doctors changed my BP medication to Amlodipine, which isn't a diuretic but its side effects were even worse & my electrolytes plummeted again anyway, even lower this time. I was barely able to function at all. I have hypothyroidism & am low on Vit. D but taking medications for both. My research shows that both can contribute to low electrolytes. Spent 2 days in the hospital this time. Again, felt better once numbers stabilized but now it's a constant battle. While most people need to cut back on salt, these days I actually add salt to my iced tea. Although my electrolytes presumably are normal today, I'm experiencing many of the symptoms right now, which makes me think that sleep is also a factor. I didn't get ANY last night, none at all. Hope this helps some of you.
I have had these sympotoms, I get dizzy and pains in the right side of my head and neck. I get popping clicking sounds in my head and I get pains that feel like they are in my ear. I get spaced out and feel like I'm going to faint. I've got visual disturbances and sinus problems and have trouble concentrating. I have been to many doctors that thought it was migraine and was given medication but it didn't work so they tried different medication that also didn't work. I'm now waiting to see a neurologist. This is ruining my life and I'm worried all of the time and its now affecting my 2yr old daughters life because she is noticing there is something wrong, if anyone can suggest anything to help me I would really appreciate it, thanx  
I had many of these symtoms (symptoms) when I first got sick. I truly believe that it is MENIERE'S Disease. Although I also turned out to have spinal stenosis I believe that Meniere's is the answer. I even fell off two steps and broke my ankle. Accupunture worked well, air sickness pills and they have these wrist bands that have buttons on them (can not remember the name) that you can buy at most pharmicies.Chiropractics helped as well. It astounds me that so many young people are suffering from this. Check out this site and others and give these a try
The wrist bands and air sickness pills are cheap and worth a try. The bands have to be put on in a very special way so the button pushes on the right place so it may be a good idea to ask thr pharmacist to help you. please let me know if these help.
I neglected to give the web site
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001721
I recently started to suffer from an off balance feeling, like walking on a floating dock. I also had the pressure at the back of my head and top of my neck, with a foggy feeling in my head. The pressure from the back of my head would sometimes extend into my jaw. I booked an appointment with my family doctor, but couldn't get in for a week. That was when I started looking things up on the web and found all of you, with the same symptoms. I thought I can't handle weeks or worse months of this, so I decided to try a few things. I took Oil of Oregano and swabbed the inside of my nose with Tea Tree Oil, as I read on another site that Vertigo often follows a viral infection and that sinus issues can also leave you with an off balance feeling. Oil of Oregano has both anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and I have used Tea tree Oil to clear congested sinuses before, with great success. Well the headache, pressure in the back of my head and neck as well as the foggy head feeling improved after about the third dose. By the end of  the next day all, but the vertigo was gone.
I saw the doctor last week he did some blood work to check my mineral levels and B12. He said a even slightly low level of any of them could cause an issue with balance. In my own research since I have discovered that a deficiency in magnesium causes tension headaches, sore neck, anxiety... . Other Minerals and of course the B12 have similar symptoms  including anxiety and depression (which I read some have you have been told you have). I have stared consuming wheat grass juice, as it is high in magnesium and the dizziness is decreasing, but is not gone yet.
I hope this helps at least some of you.
Karen
Hey people, I've had pretty much ALL the same symptoms too for about a year now. But I think I may have just stumbled on something so please look it up. - Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.

Electro-hypersensitives are people who have adverse health effects brought about by a sensitivity to electric and magnetic fields. It sounds a bit far out at first but trust me. I'm 90% certain this is the cause for lots of people. Increased solar activity and proximity of WiFi and Mobile phones can't help either!

Especially if this sounds like you: constant headaches, pressure in the head, drowsiness, sleep problems, nightmares, inability to think clearly, forgetfulness, nervous tensions, irritability, tightness in the chest, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, depressive mood, total apathy, loss of empathy, burning skin, inner burning, leg weakness, pain in the limbs, stabbing pain in various organs.
Hi guys this is my first blog so I am going to check it sends first
Testing
hiya peps im 20 male .. well the last 3 weeks i have been a mess in them words i woke up 1 day with a blank numb head worry and think i have some serious brain injury etcetc i waz realy paranoid walkin around didnt no what to do with my self panic attacts all day i thort it waz from the binges i have had with alcohol at weekends but it never went away. lost intrest in everything i do and didnt speek to no 1 just a wreck ! .. y i do not have a clue i hate it told my family about this went to the doctors told him every thing he says its anxiety no physical problem just im my head no way it carnt be my dr had put me on antidepressants i have been on them 3 weeks now and dont no if im better or worse i feel as if im going crazy thinkin and carnt help thinkin im a mental wreck or damage head i go in crazy zones were i am in my own world worrid im instable in my mind shooting pains numbness and tryin to put a show on to other people that im ok . no i feel like im going to go crazy mental is this realy anxiety can not get it out my head wake up pains in my head worried lost freaking out y as this happend just so confused thinkin its not anxiety head aches feel sick and weak. dont like going out im so worried that in going to lose it feels like i have if you get me is this anxiety ot what ?? any of you feel like this ?? cant sleep at night on sleepers now dont want to take up scared if it messes me up more than i  am ?? dizzyness what corses physical symtems and its all on going never stops from the min i wake up till i go to sleep ? is this defo anxiety ? reply if possible manythanks
I have been dealing with these same issues for over 1 yr now. constant headaches, pressure in front of head and eyes, dizziness(sometimes accompanied by nausea, but only once actually got sick), poor balance, blurry vision, shakiness (all over, but mostly hands and head), weakness, fatigue, insomnia, difficulty concentrating/thinking, memory issues, sometimes say the wrong words when speaking, impatient, breathlessness, numbness & tingling in arms/hands/legs/feet, heart racing and irregular beating and can count my heartbeat in my head. And loud noices are very disturbing to be.(never bothered me before) I am 44 and have always been athletic and in good shape. I have started gaining wait, because I have a much harder time keeping active(when all I want to do is sleep).
I have had just about every test that my doctor can think of, CT scan, MRI, MRA, spinal, echo, ekgs(several), Holter monitor, stress test and blood work(apprx 50 diff tests including lyme) they're running out of tests to give me. So doc thinks I'm stressed too(like many of you) YA THINK? Right now I'm wishing vampires were real, because I've given more than my fair share of blood and I'm thinking there has got to be a better way. Now in all seriousness, it is EXTREMELY STRESSFUL. but I have chosen to try to deal with the anxiety part of it with humor, relaxation and exercise.(yes my head pounds when I exercise) I've tried meds and the side effects for me have been worse and just add more problems for me. I am currently not taking anything. I have started going to PT this helps a little, but doesn't make the symptoms go away. I have already seen a neurologist and she said that I have hyperlypidemia(excess fat in my blood, but I don't have high cholesterol...can't figure that one out), but my doctor says that I don't, that I just have some polyps in my sinuses.(maybe there is something going on there). I am going to another neuroligist for a second opinion. I am low in potassium and Vit d and am taking supplements, but they are not taking any of the symptoms away. I also have extremely LOW blood pressure.
I just got back from vacation today. I was really trying mind over matter, trying to convince myself that I was well and that there was nothing wrong with me. And I was hoping that going to warm sunny weather would help with my vit d issue and that all of my symptoms would go away, but they did not. I got plenty of sun everyday while I continued to take my supplements and things did seem to improve a little. I'm going to see if doc says to increase my vit d again(already doubled my intake once) Looking into vit b12, never know could be an issue there. going to check into Menieres Syndrome( have had lots of ear infections) and the vertebre issue(I was in a serious car accident 25 yrs ago and had a neck injury) any of those could be possiblitlies.
I do think this is great to know that I am not the only one with these issues, although I do not wish this on anyone(except my ex-husband, jk). I hope that everyone finds out the answer for themselves, because I know how you are all feeling like you're going crazy. We are not crazy. and to the ones who seem to have suididal thoughts, definately TELL YOUR DOCTOR about this. I do believe that there is an answer out there for all of us, but many of us will have diff answers. Good luck to you all. And I would love to hear updates.
I have had many of the same symptoms for many years. I was finally diagnosed with the following after spending two weeks at the Mayo Clinic, check into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I know the name CFS ***** but do the research and you will be amazed, especially the latest news of a knew virus called XMRV which may be involved.
EVERYONE!!!

I have found the solution! I have read this forum time and time again. With the exact same symptoms. It is a cervial spine injury. Sound strange? Think of a time where you were a victim to a whiplash injury. A car accident in my case. Five years later it caught up to me.

Perhaps you were tackled, or fell back down or hit something head on while running. Something that kicked your neck in hard unrelative motion.

Cervical injuries can creep up on you. Actually all of the sudden, like OVERNIGHT. Lemme tell you a little bit about my scenario and see if you can relate to it...

I was in a car accident 5 years ago. I hit a tree at 70m.p.h. And I walked home from the accident. I thought I walked away period actually.Then a couple months after, I started having panic attacks, I seen a doctor. I was prescribed zoloft, xanax, and ambien. NOTHING worked. I stopped the zoloft knowing Im not crazy, I quit the xanax and gave away with the ambien because no matter how much I took, It had no affect minus I couldnt feel my body. Then sometime passed. Four years, I was okay minus in the winter time where I felt as if I had some kind of dissassiation. Like you cant feel your body. Then this year, all hell broke loose. I couldnt feel my body, I was extremely exhaused, nausea, dizzy, headaches, depressed, severe anxiety, nervous, anxious for no apperant reason and vision changes. I went from the ER to the ear, nose and throat specialist to my family doctor to another ENT, I had a CAT scan and none could give me an answer until it dawned on me, what if it was a whiplash effect. So I seen a chiropractor.

He confirmed that I did have a whiplash injury. That I had lived with it for quite sometime now and your body will hold things in until one day it can take it anymore. The major source of the headaches and the vision changes is from nerves VERY close to the base of the skull that are NOT pinched but become inflammed known as neuritis. The inflammation can become widespread throughout your sinuses and the muscles in your face are connected to your neck which can minic sinus symptoms.

EVERYTHING in your body is tied to your spine! Any pinched nerve or misalignment can cause a hell of a problem.

Please look up some of the symptoms for a cervial neck injury or a whiplash injury. I think we all fit in here.

Well its the second adjustment for me and can I say I feel much better. Im not tip top, I have a little ways to go, because its been five years and my body is so used to being one way that it keeps pushing back to the old way but I...

sleep better
got my appetite back
dizziness is going away
anxiety is dimishing
I CAN FEEL MY BODY
my vision is improving
Im not depressed
I feel 22 again

Solution: see a chiropractor, they are NOT expensive. I have seen him twice and my total bill is 70 bucks. Go to one that has MANY years of experience, a local name. In my case Colorado Springs Chiropractic. Catch my drift? Goodluck and may God be with you all. It is a miserable feeling. I hope I have helped some of you. Ill be back with more information, I promise you ladies and gents :-)
this is probabely the best website iv been on looking at my symtems.. basically 5 weeks ago i went out on a night out and usally the day after i start panking haing my self dont no y .. and carried on i went out this nyt 5 weeks ago and woke up with a blank numb painfullhead !  its so hard to anxplain how im feeling. ever since that day iv been a mess ! i am dizzy all the time 24/7 feel sick feel tired drained carnt sleep worried sick that my brain is damaged shooting pains in my head and diffrent head pains (not headaches) its horrible i litrally think i have something seriously wrong with me have i ?? i can not consantrate at all everything i do i worry about my head and y all this is happining to me .. so im always down .. looking pale because i am worried sick.. nothing can make me happy because of the worry a get a smell of a burning sensation and then i always pannik what is wrong with me ? i have been to the doctors he says its indefenaly anxiety gave me medication antidepressants and sleepers... i darnt drink because i think it will spangle my head always worried think im loosing my mind ? ears ring all the time  its not good at all anybody at all have these symtems and isit anxiety ?? and will it get better in time thanks very much !
your post has made the most sense far beyond anything else that I have read.  I experience many of the same issues but my biggest concern, which prompted me to research the possibilites was the pain in my tongue and the pain and numbness in my feet and hands.  I am normally ahead of everyone else and super assertive and able to comprehend, memorize, recall, and prioritize every instruction given to me, yet recently I forget info given to me just seconds earlier.  
Another addition to the rest of our syptoms (symptoms) that others mentioned previously such as the feelings of moving objects or motions that are not really present is my driving.  I have become so terrified of driving that I avoid having to do so at any cost.  When passing a vehicle driving the opposite direction and side of the road as me it appears that they are on my side and we are about to collide head on.  I constintly see moving objects (deer crossing mostly) when nothing is there, and the headlights of oncoming traffic blind me very severly.  My BMs are all outta whack and i am always tired and have trouble sleeping, concentrating, sitting still, reading, and simply have no energy to do all the things that make up ME!  I am not the same person as I have been for the last  years of my life...I am  years old now but have been going thru these changes for quite some time.  
Also, I have been a smoker for 17 years and almost a year ago my body or whatever had rejected it.  The desire is gone along with the plain ability to smoke a whole cigarette.   It is weird.  

Any ways, check out a disease called pernicious anemia.

yh i know what you meen by sayin cant sit still etc. but ya no the funny thing when im on here looking up makes me feel better ?? .. but realy its horrible i admit iv always  done Negative things since i waz a kiddie kid lol ... i carnt get my words out properly when tryin to anxplian how i am feeling but i do feel a diffrent person its horrible. put it this way it feel like a sheet over my head constantly day dream all the time from when i woke up with a numb head i seriously thort there was something up with my brain ! iv changed alltogether as a person ?? ! i feel like S*** i can not accept iv got anxiety because its a mental consition that is and i have physical pain they say anxiety can corse all this how can it. first thing in the morning when i wake up i think im a ok will it go away that lasts about 30 mins its worse then.  then in the day i am just down and out dno what to do worried about my head y it is so numb and dizziness and feel ditached from everything ! gym walkin dog i still do everytrhing normal but thats always there always !! .. anyway at night i feel more relaxed for some crazy reason its nasty what you can go though people do not understand untill they have been there and done it if you get me. thats y i am so conserned when i tell my doctor he says its anxiety but i think isit horrible !!!! i just dont understand how you can change over night with this .. a pannick attack myt of trigered it off when i first went through this a month or 2 ago . if you can get hint of what im saying let me know on here please thankss
I have had the same exact symptoms, pressure in head, hot flashes in head, dizziness, anxiety, panick atacks, and it is good to know that im not the only one suffering from this.  Doctors say that it is just Generalized Anxiety caused by Stress.  Lately i have found peace in a great book called BIBLE.  I have found that when ever i feel all sick i get scared and the symptoms worsen.  Now i try to put all my problems and feelings in God's hands and that makes me calm down. Apart from visiting your doctor i will really recomend reading the Bible and find that if you put your problems and illness in God's hands you will find comfort and many symptoms will go away.  Faith is the answer. Also try to excercise and practice relaxation techniques.
Hope it Helps!
Yh yh i keep my posts going here not at all good im doing reserch constsantly .. but since iv been on anti meds iv picked up a little bit i aint gonna lie but im a negative person and in the next few weeks i hope im back to normal because its a living nightmare it  litrally is/ just going to have a drink tonioght for the first time in a month and half hope it doesnt mess me up more : i need some pleasure ha ,,, but then again i prob wont because il start thinging it will scramble me up more .. so i neva win lol ! its s*** !! good look people il keep lookin up on hereee !
Hello everyone!  Good luck on this journey of headaches and sinus related issues!  I have been a anxiety suffer for more than 10 years now...it is not fun at all. Now that I'm over thirty (32)my sinus feeling symptoms are worse. My head sometimes feel heavy and feels like my scalp is crawling. My mose feels stopped up but this mainly happens at night!  During the day I often feel space out and have a sense of de realization. I read somewhere that we maybe suffering from Labyrinthitis. I researched it and it matches to the Key!  Look it up and let me know what you guys think.  In the meantime between time I pray that we get better with God's help.  
i keep posting but people say diffrent things and i get WELL confused.. basically my story of this not normal life im living at the moment. basically i have been diagnosed with anxiety depression even tho i didnt no i was depressed ? .. any way about 2 month ago i went out drinking and stayed up all night long iv done it all in the past lived life to the fusslest basically im 21 year old male and tht 1 night i went out 2 Month ago and stayed up in the morning i had a serious bad pain on the side of my head its so hard to describe but its like a palm of a hanf on side of my brain scull but it was deep and realy hurt a lot.. i thort there was damage to my brain i relaly thort this is it. walking state that day .. paranoid worried nervious couldnt stayin 1 place didnt speek to any bodymy whole head went numb litally a blank numb brain .. on going untill i went to the doctors 3 days later. told him everything i have been going through he sed i was a wreck meening serious depression and anxiey. my constant question is how can it send you numb ? how can it give you crazy bad head pains ? and paranoid ? no i couldnt belive it. he has given me antidepressants 100mg and iv now been on them 5 weeks or more. in the fisst week of taking them i was layed on the settee and my head was spinning realy bad like a attack on the brain . i did not move or sleep in a week. again how can it be anxiety ??... inthese 5 weeks of being on these tabolots sleeping pills and anti depressants i have i always get dizzy.. constanly worried about my mentallaty thinkin il end up mental or nuts or be in a mental home. feel fogged out spaced out and things dont seem real ongoing. but why as this happend because 2bh i dont think its anxiety it can not shorly corseall of this ?? feels like there is a clamp round my head all the time . and i have been having memory loss like today put petrol in my car went well over my limit.. left my phone some where. feel so draind and ditached. i was walkin my dog the other day and thinkin lookin at things like i used to do that like im a  soal or something its unreal. the doctor says its all in the mind but how can it be its not at all normal. i just want my old self back whats wrong with me any body at all out there like this ?? abnormal thinking and all these things happening to me. i dont know if a panick attack can trigger it all off . when i totch my head it feels like iv scrached right in to it. i dont no were to go because i can not face its anxiety and whats corsed it and when it will go them 3 are the heart if the situation any body ?? like this been through this and came out of this unreal state night mare ! ???? reply if possible thanks for reading my story
Have you had any neck or back injuries??  My Dad and myself felt the exact same way as you did.  Everytime I would try to exercise I would start gettting dizzy and such.  I would often feel like I was ghost.  I started seeing a chiropractor regularly and it took the spins away, but I still had that numb feeling in my head and in the back of my neck like you.  I can't believe it's just depression or anxiety either.  But I found out that they treat injuries like fibromyalgia, occipital neuralgia, ME, and labyrinthitis with Anti-depressants for the symptoms of just feeling like blahh.  It dosen't heal you but it helps to keep your brain calm while your body tries to fix it's self.  Nothings wrong with you bro except you've had an injury a while ago or got one of those illness through the flu or stress;  i'm the same.  The number one thing for me is God first (because I believe in Jesus) he keeps me at a good level of peace so I don't panic as much from the symptoms.  The 2nd thing is to take some vitamins (Multi-vitamin, Magnesium, Co Q 10, and D- Ribose, and Amino Acids...  Protein as well) it will help your mind get back on track.  The 3rd thing is to keep getting exercise;  I know that it will make you feel fatigued and make you feel like a ghost and such (as did I), but the research says to just keep doing it day by day, get your rest and don't be discouraged (you have to train your coordination, and your mind body connection again).  So hang in there bro.. don't let your doctor push you around, see a chiropractor, and do those things I told you and you will see progression in time.  Don't let your symptoms bully you (I know it's hard), just tell yourself that your fine.. relax and keep living (use xanax and valium sparingly).   I'm praying for you bro.  I know you'll be fine.
thanks very much ! yh it is so hard its just unreal how something can just happen and wreck your whole life at the moment.. yh i do take valium but what i expreienced scared me to death nearly i honestly thort i had bamage to my brain.. iv stoped biging at the weekends aclohol and all now because i think old on if i drink it will mess me up complealty so i cant ever win. but yh i will keep doing day to day things and hopefully come out of this. its just like i can not see the future but yh u have been and done all of this and you came out how long did it last you ?? and no i havnt had any serious injury just paranoid thinkin it could be alcohol and what ever.. but if its only anxiey and not get worse i will be ok. but yh thatnks for that made me feel better and il keep my storys on here if i get better many thanks !
I haven't completely gotten out of it yet myself.  I've been going through this for about 5 yrs, but i've only had health insurance for about 1yr and half.  And i've made alot of strides since then.  Just stay calm and positive.. because when you freak out it just makes everything worse.  Stand strong ;)
I too like eveyone else here have the same symtoms (symptoms) of dizzy; nausea; shoulder aches; numbness; temporarily loss of hand use; vertigo feeling;  I have had MRI of brain and neck; spinal tap; blood work; thyroid; heart test; halter monitor; stress tests; everything always came back normal; now I have found out my stomach is not emptying properly and haven't had solid food to eat for four months.  I am reading that the stomach problem can also be nerve related.  About a year ago the Nerulogist said I had a budging disc in the neck after a neck MRI, but he did not discuss that any further and I am no longer seeing that doctor.  Two years ago I also had a case of Ramsay Hunt (shingle virus of the head nerves) which also caused Bells Palsay.  And four years ago I was in a car accident .  I will ask the doctor about the chiroprator.  Thanks for the info
I did have Bells Palsay during a case of Ramsay Hunt (shingles of the Head Nerves) about 2 years ago. This website has pointed me to all kinds of new directions for me to research as doctors have not found anything to cause my dizzy;nausea;; should/chest pains; blurred vision; ringing ears; vertigo symtoms (symptoms); weakness; out of breath; .  the only blood test that has shown anything was a VD deficiency.  And now my stomach muscle are not working as the stomach is not emptying causing more nausea.  Funny - for the past four months I haven't had any solid foods to eat and have not had any of the above symtoms (symptoms) unless I don't get enough liquids and start to feel dyhydrated then I begin to feel dizzy.  Once I drink more water I begin to feel better.  But now my doctor wants to put me on domperidone to help the stomach empty.  Domperidone was the search I did that brought me to this website.  Off to more research.  
Thank God I have found this blog. I am 41 years old, a mother of 3, and I work more than full time. I experienced 2 sharp pains in the right side of my head about 2 hours apart from each other, this about 2 weeks ago. Both times it happened, my body felt numb and I have since been confused and disconnected from everything. I have seen the ER room 2ce,I have had 2 EKG's, a CT scan (showed my left sinus had " a little" mucus?)... and all the bloodwork had come back normal. I was diagnosed with depression and anxienty/stress over a year ago, but I stopped taking the medication about 5 months ago, when I landed a great job that seemed stress free. Now, for over two weeks, I can't seem to focus, I am irritable, my life seems like a dream. I have to poke or pinch myself to feel like I am really awake and I am so afraid to drive, I have to take a stress test (treadmill test ) tomorrow but I don't feel like it is my heart that is causing all of this. I do throw myself into panic attacks, which I have somewhat learned to control by breathing, but I feel like it is in my head, not my heart. I know I will go insane if this is how my life is going to be lived. I still have so many thigs to do. Please pray! Now, at least I know that I am not alone and I too will pray for you all.
Do a search for ME disease as well as CFS you'll probably find the name/cause of your symptoms.  As for answers... your doing the right thing (Pray.  But you have to believe that you have recieved that blessing in order to ever see in the physical.)  You should also start taking some vitamins to help protect your body (Multi-Vitamin, Magnesium, Amino Acids, Co Q 10, and D- Ribose) that with steady exercise really helped my progress.  Exercise will make you feel worse for awhile but you must do it daily..  it will help your mind recover.  Don't give up!!  God bless you and everybody feeling like this.
OMG! I cant believe that someone is going through the same thing i am. I dont enjoy life any more because of these symptoms: foggy feeling, inability to concentrate, "spaced out" feeling. Doctors say it is stress but i sm not stressed out!
i feel the exact same way, for the past 3 days its been keeping me up and i cant sleep, this head pain is soo annoying, i cant stand it anymore, im feeling nauseated and i have really bad stomach pains. Ive been really good for the past three months and all of a sudden i get this,  i do suffer from panic and anxiety
One question: do you drink a lot of caffeine(more than 2 6oz cups a day)?  I think there is a connection.
Hi fellow Dizzies ^-^ , here are my symptoms if anyone can help me get to bottom of it, there's a reward ,seriously! im 40..
Dizziness:  first noticed while driving, then onset to not being able to walk too far after a car ride without sitting down. Driving AND walking while feeling like this seems to be elevated by ear plugs.

Inner head "Rush" of either fluid or pressure on left side "Whoosh whoop!"  followed by dizziness and associated shock and anxious symptoms of "oh not again ..how bad will this get" , wakes me up at night a lot... some during day that are stronger..

Anxiety: Although initially coping .. after a number months lack of sleep and worry i get  these anxiety symptoms, that are different to the dizziness  episodes symptoms: Funny tongue feeling, teeth chartering, eyes darting about, dry mouth, numbness  , need to go bathroom..all classic symptoms i know...
Cat scan finds nothing, all blood and blood pressure fine.

any help would be Grrrreat!!

Hi, Im Only 19 and i have these symphtoms too, Im scared every day.... My mom Thinks its anxiety , and irealllllllly hope so but im not sure Have you OR ANYONE ELESE had any Luck figuring out what it is and what to make it go away?!? pls let me No, My email is ***@****. thank you.
Right then just for my own piece of mind the part iv got left there is no other option i can do any more because nothing works any more what is wrong with me. can any body explain how they felt with GAD or seve anxiety there story because the doc and second opinion says it anxiety i dont believe what they say i am so stressed out and my head is compleatly messed up. i dont know were to start but my brain and my body is litrally numb my head is killing with fear and pain. i litrally am going insane. it all stated 8 weeks ago woke up from a binge of alcohol and my head had a sharp pain what not can be described because it was unbelievable . now that left me in a panic attack. then i dint speek to anybody for 3 days walking round like a freak paranoid no death and twitching window watching etc. i know its abnormal but its became a big joke now i the numbness is traveling through my body day by day i can barly feel my hands and my brain feel like its failing. i do absolety everything wrong i dont work any more im paranoid twitching and can not sleep i am a mental health freak now sit on this computer hours dayly lookin at schitzofrenia . insane .. and convince my self and act like iv got it . right i am going for a mri this week i want every single test done because i have no trust in no body any more. i feel as if i am in a fish boal litrally 24/7 and even going to sleep can not take the pain away because i have unreal nightmears abouy my dead mate and my mentality every single night i wake up in the morning and i do not no what plannet i am on and i feel depressed i sit litsteng tothe same sad music constenty and i have got bad bad memory loss IE forgot what i dont noght b4 Probs all the valium i am hammering. i have to think to walk it almost feels like i am brain damaged and again convinsing my self i have had a stroke and i stutter and go crazy feel like killing somebody because i am that messed up atm. i feel ditached from the world and everything seems unreal/ again how can it be anxiety personally i think i need sectiong to a nut house and i obsess over it i am never happy ever i can not consentrate people talk to me and im like what and have to listen carfully to what they are saying. agin send my self crazy over that it just sends me over the edge i am depressed to the maxinmum and anxiety has gone through the roof litrally but then i sit there and dont believe its anxiety i think i have something seriousy wrong with me i see a sign some were and it freaks me out IE ( its over ) think to my self its me im done i know this sounds nasty but when i see some 1 with great disabled etc i think im gonna be like that soon. i hate my life and this needs to come to an end i have gone compleaty dumb and sendin every 1 mad who live with me.. i have been on sertraline 100mg for 7 weeks done nothing told my shyciatrist they puting me on soemthing elts this week. o in the meen time they have gave mr tranqlisers i aint ever taking them again because it makes me worse and i am a compeate brain dead freak cant move and sleep with my mind still awake.. there is like a water sensation on my bain running strate through the top down to my throat and my brain feels like there is a white BLANK sheet over it my neck is stiff and coulor seems dull and i am litrally just egsisting( sorry about my usless spelling ) can come body please explain to me its anxiety and hopefully some body has gone and passed this i would wish this on my worst enemy. my head is gone. also people are notising it what worries me. i litrally think my life is over im 21 and seriously not much more i can take iv told the doctor as well i cant take anymore of this it feel like im in a carltoon and nothing feels realy i am hanging on byt the thinest wire there is in theres words as well i am it feels as if my nerves are failing i shake tremble over nothing i convins my self and believe i have there and act on having there insane illnesses. i read people posts on here and its minor compeaped to how i am feeling. im stuck in a cage dont know what other word to describe it. some body mentions something to me il research it and i think iv had that or got that then act on that for a week. they wont give me valium any more as 10mg only last 10 mins so i am PRAYING TO god that these next tabolots work because it i see no light and theres no point i am tryin my very best to keep with reality and need some body on here who has been through this and over came it. there is so much more but i can not think because my emotions are all over i sit upset then mad thne compely depressed paranoid on edge and dwell on the fact i have got this i ask my self y i have i just done this its a joke i seriousy would not hope this on my worst enemy .... please reply if anybody been like this thanks and got through it .
Hi, I have a similar problem as most of you have described - about 2 years ago out of the blue i came over all dizzy like i was on a boat, i managed to stumble to the toilet and was soooo sick from this dizzy feeling, it lasted about a week before it cleared up totally, then about 5 months ago i was decorating my house and it happened again totally out of the blue with no warning, that cleared up after a couple of days then on valentines day this year (2011) i took my girlfriend to a restaurant and I was fine ordering my food then 2 minutes later dizzyness! it was awful i sat there not saying anything hoping it would go away until my girlfriend said whats wrong? and that id gone white so i told her and i had to leave her in there on her own to eat her special dinner (made me feel terrible!) but i simply couldnt stay there feeling like that, anyway that cleared up after a day or so but i seem to be left with this pressure in my head and ears that just wont go away, i feel light headed, shaky, paranoid, in a daze, my eyes feel a bit strained and i feel very very weak and vulnerable. I dont get head aches at all other than the pressure feeling. ive been to my doctor and asked about vertigo more than once but he's checked my ears and always says they look fine. what is scaring me is not knowing what is wrong with me and is it going to get worse? im 27, smoke way too much! (about 20 a day) and dont get a lot of exercise - one of my theories is: is all the carbon dioxide (or whatever the chemicals are in cigarettes) starving my brain of oxygen or something? or maybe due to no exercise maybe my blood is not circulating through my body properly? ive got all these paranoid theories going on in my head.... i dont like to keep hassleing my doctor but he dosn't seem to care :-( anyone got any tips? thanks. Dan
Has anybody NOT had a neck, back, or head injury???
Hi Jay, funny you should ask that... Roughly about 2 and 1/2 years ago just before my 1st dizziness attack, i injured my lower back at the gym which got better after about a month but ive had about 5 times since then when its got bad again until January 2011 i saw a chiropractor...which made it 10 times worse and now feels like a constant weakness and seems to of travelled up to my neck now. im waiting for a refferral from my doctor to the spinal triage unit at my hospital. im pretty sure the back/neck ache is related to the dizziness.
Right when you say starving your brain with oxygen i am paranoid to death ab out becomeing a compleae damage yh i smoke far to much as well. iv stoped alcohol now becasue i sit there and think what it could do to my brain and my arms are weak i go COMPLEALTY  pale in my face i look ill from it i wake up brain dead iin them words .. now sence the pains and dizzyness in my head i have been diagnosed with GAD anxiety bull i dont believ its that i litrally act on what i feel IE stroke it feels as if i have had a stroke i have to like think to do things and my stress levals are SKY high i can not do anything write at all . it feels like theres something crawling in my brain and its feels as if its failing i obsess over things i litrally need to stop reserching because i came across skitzofrinia and i have complaty convinsed my self i have got it no matter what any body tells me i am worried about my mind and mentallity. my brain feels COMPLEALY numb in them words this is the best sight because people acually reply. do you lot got though this ? i need some people who is like me thats all so it will be wasya talking if you get me telling a doctor and shyciatrist they are obv better and clever than me but i dont believe them because of the numbness in my hends body and mind its horrible . like i sed i feel as if im in a fish boal DROWNING 24/7 AND ALL THIS stated by a pain in my head started doing this abnormal unhuman like symtems to me i am always on edge and worried paranoid to death and convnsing my self of stroke .. starving my brain of oxygen daily slowly but shorty/ and being sycotic there the ones i can not get out my head . no i have had no car accident or injury i did as i child but 21 now and all started from bringing amounts of alcohol i can keep going on and on. i realy hope this NIGHT MARE ends soon 2 month is to long i can not cope for ever like this not a chance perly your feeling and thorts thanks people !!
I had these same symptoms.  It took months to diagnose.  It blew my mind when I found out what it was.  You should google Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension and Pseudotumor cerebri.  You may be surprised.
I did google Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension but to be honest i dont think it sounds like what i have got....although i have an apointment with my doctor next week so its worth mentioning while im there
yh its almost i have got it all they wont send me for a MRI brain scan thing. i have so much trouble consentrating understanding people and trmble i can not sleep and my whole life seems as if its crashing in front of me i have got bad memory and i honestly cant see any light i dont know what to do because every single thing i look up on google ie stroke and it feels like 1 i compleatly out of my mind with the crinic brain pain if thats what you want to call it. iv had 5 blood tests and urine tests waiting for  results i know in my head there is something not right i feel compleaty dissconnected if you know what i meen. im tired of googleing but theres no other way out i dnt work any more i sit wondering and tremberling. i realy need some advise i lose totch in my hands and i stutter a lot as well now i can just amagen its something incredibly wrong with me no anti depressanst or what ever work im only just hangin on im young i wont my life back my memory and mind is being SHATTERED i can not cope its wrong should i even be on this site because any of you feeling the postion at all that iv been surrering feel s as if im losing my mind slowy dayily but shorly its so hard to believe any 1 in this world can suffer from S*** like this everty single mental amotion and physical feeling there is each day its horrible they indef say its GAD axiety its almost as if they think im making all this up the n the troubles get worse i dnt want to keep hassiling doctors and second opinion because i know were il end up !! but so worried about something physical brain damage no car accidant or anything no bangs as i no to only thing is binging alcohol etc iv compleaty stop all that because im to paranoid to do it again think of the worste and all stated from a head pain witch is out of controlle now plz  do reply and what you went through and what your suffreng so i can get to the bottom of this.
Wow. I Googled  "head sensations" and found this forum. I've been concerned with crawling/tingling sensations under top of scalp, not whole head. Thought it might be allergies; bad week to rake leaves etc. Have had the same feeling sporadically for more than 30 years. Was diagnosed at the time with Meniere's (vestibular disorder) after a severe attack of vertigo. The head sensations pre-ceded that. Recently they happen daily, last longer. Was off-balance earlier this week, but used to that and it passes. Meniere's? Allergies? Spine out of alignment, arthritis, disc probs. Whatever it is...anyone have a remedy to lessen the crawling sensation. Any & all suggestions appreciated.
Hi i'm a 19 year old female and i've been feeling really ill for over two weeks now. I Constantly feel tierd and fatigued and weak. I have a constant foggy feeling in my head and a dull ache which occationally accumulates into a really strong stabbing pain at the back of my head. I'm at uni and i have several overdue assignments to do but i just can think! It's like every neuron connection in my brain leading to any level of intelligence is blocked. It's very fustrating because I actually want to get my work done, but i just get past one line and my eyes completely glaze over. It's impossible. I've been taking strong pain killers, been sleeping in excess of ten hours a night, been drinking at least two 600ml bottle of water a day, eating healthily even though i dont have much of an apppetite - nothing seens to help. At one stage i thought i might have glandualr fever because my throat was sore and i had a running nose, but that pretty much has gone now, I just feel tiered, weak and lathargic, but mostly it's my head that's bothering me. Sometimes the pain killers take away the ache for a while, but nothing at all will get rid of the foggy feeling and the heavyness. I had a blood test, but i havn't recieved the results yet. I'm hoping that i can be told what is wrong with me. I am getting soo behind in everything. Iv'e suffered with a bit off depression in the past, but now it's just increased. I feel like screaming - i feel so bad. I'm worried I will fail all my uni units. I kind of want to have a CT scan even though i am young, i just need to know whats wrong with me and for it to go away. I'm not a silly little girl with a bit of stress related illness, this is something more. My head hurts so much all the time. Any advice or knowledge would be so much appreciated. thankyou guys
Hi everyone, I have been suffering the same symptoms for over 3 yrs. I feel like crap everyday.I've been to over 12 different doctors including, chiro, phsysio and natropath.. I've had lumba puncture  coz the dr found out that I suffer from hydrocephalus . But that didn't help.I also had, sinus surgery thinking it ways sinusis thatwas making me feel this way. But I always feel congested and tired , like brain fog. I think after all this , it is anxiety and depression. I want to try hypnotherapy  maybe it will help with the anxiety.I have 2 kids and married . I am a hairdresser but I feel like Im lost and unable to concentrate with work. The lightheaded feeling and sinus pain drives me nuts...
Just a question.  What are anxious about?  Is there something that you feel you should be doing that your not doing?  Asking that question to yourself will let you know if it's just Anxiety.
Hello Everyone. Reading all of these post's definelty sounds familiar!!! My husband, 31 has had all of the same symptoms. Light headed, anxiety, ears feel like they are poppin, Fluttering in ears, dizzy, tired, sometimes has trouble concentrating and has become very grouchy. He cant be in crowded areas. Certain lighing in restaurants or stores triggers some of the symptoms. He says Playing his Fifa game on the Xbox helps him feel  a little better. He's started taking an expectorant and Nasal decongestant this week (4-20-11). He said it seems to help with the pressure in his head. He was prescribed an an anti-anxiety med about 10yrs ago but doesnt like to take meds because he reads the side effects and gets more paranoid. I think most of it started 10 years ago when hs Uncle (whom he was close with passed away). I've taken him to see a dr but all they say is to change his diet and exercise more. But he cant do much because he gets aches n pains in his legs n back very quickly. Walking a mile is about as much as I can get him to do. Im thinking of taking him to a Chiro. Would that work or help?? Or should I take him to see a therapist? If any one has any remedies PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Your husband sounds like me.  I understand the whole video game thing too lol.  But the games just help him escape.  Has he had any head or neck injuries?  I'm doing physical therapy now for a neck injury, chiro only helped me a bit.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.
I can't read this entire thread because I do not have the time; however, look up chiari malformation and if you think you may have that, insist on an MRI or something else that will specifically look for it.  Insist that you want to know regardless of how insignificant the doctor may think it is.  

Then if you have it, find a doctor who specializes.  Even if another doctor tells you it isn't a big deal, if it is for you, then it should be for them too.  
I just wanted to let you know that I went through the exact same thing you are going through now.....  (mine started after a night of hard partying also) - I was scared to death - didn't feel like myself at all - avoided all my friends - quit going out - scared to be alone cuz I thought I was going crazy  - but at the same time I was afraid to be around people for fear they could see that something was wrong with me.   I was afraid to go to sleep at night for fear I wouldn't wake up -  all kinds of messed up thinking was going on in my head - I was sure that I was going to end up in a straight-jacket in some mental institution or something.     What you are experiencing are panic attacks.... and the more you get nervous about them the more you have them.......... the object is to find ways to calm yourself down - fight through them -  know that nothing bad is going to happen to you.   Force yourself to get back out and start doing some of the things you had always loved doing before, if a panic attack starts - just try to slow down your breathing and fight through it - once you've learned to calm yourself down - you'll build up confidence again and eventually the panic attacks will go away.    Take care -  and just know that you aren't alone... others have experienced the same thing and you will get better - you're not going crazy
I wanted to see how u are doing and offer some help to you... email me and if you would prefer to talk leave a contact #...God Bless...Josh email ***@****
I wanted to see if you were still suffering symptoms...I've been there and wanted to see if you would care to talk and pray about it with me....u can text or call me 8283718337 or email ***@**** Bless....Josh
I am a 21 y/o f and I'm suffering the same symptoms as you and have been for probably about 4 months continously and then on and off in the past.I have headaches, sinus pain and pressure in my forehead, face and eyes, ear fullness and pressure, congestion and post nasal drip, and terrible brain fog and head heaviness and trouble concentrating/with memory. I am a university student and this has significantly impacted my ability to perform in school and study.

At the beginning of this semester (end of january) I got sick with sore throat, congestion, sinus pressure and pain and headache, and was diagnosed with a sinus infection (just as I had been 4 times the previous semester). I was given antibiotics which seemed to help for about two weeks and most of my symptoms disappeared (although I was still having headaches, which I thought were migraines which I've never really had in the past). Then one day when I was studying I found that I could not concentrate when I was studying, and was just feeling SO foggy like my head was heavy all the time and was still having bad headaches and it just felt like I couldn't even read because the words were just glaring back at me and I wasn't comprehending them... I didn't know what was going on. This went on for about a week and a half before I realized this was related to my sinus infection and during this time the sinus pressure and facial pain came back and the pressure and fullness in my ears substantially worsened to the point where everything I heard was muffled and everything just felt so foggy and my head so pressurized.

I went back to the doctor (GP at my university) and she said that my sinus infection had indeed come back and my eustachian tubes were blocked. She gave me a stronger antibiotic and a nasal steroid. The sinus pressure and headaches improved as did the pressure and fullness in my ears and the congestion (I was also taking sudafed during this time though).

2 weeks later I got sick *again* with sore throat, fever, coughing, sinus pressure and headaches and congestion. I was out of town at the time and by the time I got home the fever and sore throat had gone away so I didn't even bother going to the doctor. But then the brain fogginess, ear fullness, and sinus pressure and pain and headaches worsened and stuck around, although they weren't nearly as bad as they had been before the antibiotics.

I realized at this point that I needed to go see an ENT and that the GP/antibiotics weren't helping me, but I was already so behind in school from recurrent illness and thought that the problems would just go away so I just waited. But then 3 weeks later I got sick (sore throat, fever, etc.) and finally made an appointment with an ENT afterwards, which was last friday (2 weeks after the illness).

The ENT said that he wanted to do a CT scan and he did... but he said that my sinuses were relatively clear. He said there was inflammation of the sinus lining but the sinuses weren't blocked and that I had a polyp in my maxillary sinus and a deviated septum. He said that I wasn't showing an infection at that time and may be affected by severe allergies which along with the deviated septum could be making me prone to recurrent infections. I have allergy testing next week.

But when I mentioned the head fogginess to him he said that it may be from my sleep apnea (which I am also just now beginning treatment for). But I KNOW that it's not from the sleep apnea... I didn't have this brain fog and head heaviness and ear fullness continuosly until after the recent recurrent illness. I know I didn't press the fogginess enough in our appointment, and I don't even know if he checked for an ear infection- I was pretty upset at the time because I had read about people having sinus problems for years with no blockage and going to doctor after doctor. Does a CT scan even show eustachian tube blockage or an ear infection? I called today and talked to his nurse and asked if I could have a steroid shot to reduce the inflammation of my sinuses (I can't stand the constant sinus headaches/facial sinus pressure and pain anymore -that alone is seriously interfering with my schoolwork and I have a bunch of exams this week and finals next week) but the doctor apparently said that right now the "risks would outweigh the benefits". So the only thing he gave me was (another) steroid nasal spray :( I asked if that would help with any of the other sinuses and the nurse said no, it's just for the nose. I'm at my wits end, I'm in serious trouble in my classes because of this problem and I don't even know what to do. The nurse asked if I had "tried ibuprofen" and I told her that yes... I take it way too often because of these problems.

I guess I'm going to call tomorrow and try to actually talk to the doctor and press the issue of the ear fullness and brain fog/head heaviness and see if there's anything I can do... right now I'm thinking the ear blockage and brain fog are related because I was feeling better the last couple days and then today both were there full swing -my ears are very full and blocked and actually kind of hurt and the brain fog is awful. HELP.
I had a sports related concussion about a year ago... I don't know if there could be a connection, but I'm leaning towards sinus issues
I have had these symptoms as well for on and off for the past 3 years. Dizziness, headche, heavy head, irritability, nausea, heart palpitations, and the list goes on. In the past month now, it is constant. It never goes away and it is driving me insane! I have seen doctors, the first said that it was sinuses and gave me antibiotics. Last week I had my blood drawn for tests and the doc called on Tues,. and said that everything came back normal. I though it could have been my mirena IUD i have had for the past 3 years so i have it taken out on friday, so that I can try EVERYTHING to make it go away. It hasnt yet. I am a very healthy eater, always have been. I quit smoking and dont even enjoy my glass of wine in the evening anymore. WHAT IS IT?! CUZ THE DOCTORS DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Out of interest... has anyone had a test for Lyme disease yet?

The symptoms can be very very similar to the majority of the problems on here.

It's rife in the USA and on the increase in Britain now. It is usually transferred by deer ticks but recently they have found mosquitos carrying the virus. I believe that this is why it's spreading so quickly.
I would get checked for H-pylori. Sounds like you have all of the symptoms. Get to a GI doc and request a breath test. Takes about 20 minutes. Ear, nose and throat problems can start in your GI tract. Good Luck.---e
Spaced out feeling,which frightens me while driving sometimes.Its like your stationary and everything else floats past,very odd.
Curiously have neck problems from previous whiplash,once on a bus and the other when someone ran into the back of me.
Also have had an operation for nasal polyps.
Also am an ex pot smoker,gave it up as hated the anxiety,convinced it is not harmless and can exacerbate anxiety in us more sensitive and imaginative souls.
Have no answers but pretty sure a healthier lifestyle will help so have ordered a rather expensive juicer and am building a veg plot.
My very best wishes to you all,and lots of love,Thankyou xx
Curiously,had a tick removed from my leg last year..hmmm
will get get my bloods done I think!
The driving things is something which still bothers me. I also get strange vertigo in supermarkets and wide open spaces sometimes.

I live in the UK and my doctor wont authorise a Lyme test, she says it's too exotic a disease!
When I challenged her with some statistics she then admitted that she knew very little about it! I think I may have to go private to get the test.

PS. I smoked a lot of pot myself which I don't think has helped me over the years but I don't think that it's the main reason as other symptoms like dreadful sinus pressure and aching limbs don't add up.

Let us know how your test goes.
I have a question for anyone whom can answer it, I am 44, and these syptoms (symptoms) have just begin to start, ringing in the ears, dizzyness, weakness, and sometimes very bad headaches.  I can not afford to got he er, because I do not have any insurance right now, the free is in Thursday, and I will go there, however, I feel lime I am going to pas out, and I am afraid, I do not know where these came from and why, I am a diabetic, but my sugars are well under control and I do not have high blood pressure that I know of.  I keep a good check on it, yesterday my blood pressure was 127/79, So, can anyone please advice as to what I can do, I am more afraid then anything else!
Try stopping eating sugar and dairy and wheat for ten days. If the symptoms improve you probably have candida.  An overgrowth of yeast in your gut. Get s book called the yeast connection by dr crook. Overuse of antibiotics are a sure cause.  Many people are effected and docs don't know anything about it.  Feel better.

Hey everyone,

The past few days have been pretty terrible for me. I never really had significant dizziness before (all the other symptoms were more characteristic of me), but then last thursday I was taking a shower and all of a sudden I started getting REALLY dizzy and nauseaus and I also had vertigo. This persisted for hours and I could barely leave my bed... I thought I was going to throw up. When this happened I started doing more research and I began to believe that all of this is related to an inner ear disorder or infection.

As the days went on, I never had an episode of dizziness/nausea/vertigo as long lasting or severe as the first but I did have some pretty bad episodes that weren't as long and they seemed to get fewer and farther between and less severe as the days passed. During this time since then (I've had the majority of these symptoms in the past, but not all together, and NEVER for days at a time, and never as severe) I have also had:
    Cognitive effects: Brain fog, significant decrease in concentration, significant decrease in memory, disorientation, spaciness
    Headaches and facial pain/pressure (I always thought this was sinus related in the past- that was the starting point of this journey)
   Visual effects: Blurry vision, bouncing vision (especially when reading), pulsing vision (especially when reading), sensitivity to bright lights and busy environments
   Sensitivity to loud noises, balance issues
   fatigue

Because of these symptoms and because of the initial severe episode of dizziness/nausea/vertigo I thought I maybe had vestibular neuritis

I went to the ENT on monday and he told me that I do indeed have some "eustachian tube dysfunction" and air trapped in my middle or inner ear. He said that he thinks I may have vestibular neuritis but that we'd have to do an ENG next week to make sure.

I was gradually feeling better in the days leading up to this appointment and by monday morning (the day of the appt) I could feel definite improvement. The brain fog and visual disturbances and spaciness and concentration problems especially. Tuesday I woke up and felt almost back to normal.

Then yesterday (wednesday) I woke up feeling pretty good- took the same medications as the day before, didn't really do much different and was still feeling good. I sat down to study was doing fine and then about an hour in I opened a sugar-free redbull. I drank a third of it and within 20 minutes I had SIGNIFICANT brain fog, significant drop in concentration and as I read the words blurred in front of me and moved. This was a come to jesus moment for me- the day before I had not had any foods containing aspartame, only two cops of coffee with sugar throughout the day and I had felt great studying.

I started doing research-- I had always heard that aspartame was associated with cancer but I never really knew the extent of the problems that it can cause. Aspartame converts to methanol (along with formaldehyde) in the body-- the symptoms of aspartame toxicity are the SAME as those of methanol toxicity which coincidentally are the same as those that I've been experiencing (and even better also the same as the symptoms of vestibular neuritis).

Interestingly, aspartame has been described as a vestibulotoxin in studies. (And has 92 FDA listed side effects including seizures and death...) However, I don't know if aspartame is the ONLY cause of my problems, I do suspect that I have vestibular neuritis because this is usually characterized by a single severe attack of dizziness/nausea/vertigo which improves as days go on. I don't know if this was brought on by aspartame or if it weakened the nerves (and my immune system which is another described side effect) so that I got viral vestibular neuritis (it's usually caused by a virus). I DO have a STRONG suspicion now that my problems are at least partially linked to aspartame. Whether it's due to aspartame toxicity (some scientists say this isn't possible but there are a lot that disagree - the FDA medical review board initially deemed aspartame as unfit for human consumption, but then in 1980 the new FDA head (who had financial ties to the company) pushed it through), or if I have some kind of sensitivity or allergy to it (there's an 18 month study going on at University of Hull in the UK investigating possible sensitivities to aspartame and if they can cause all of these reported side effects) - I do know that I'm going to cease aspartame consumption . I have drank one  (sometimes two sugar) free redbulls for the last 3 years now along with consuming it in yogurts and who knows what else, so I would like to see if this is the cause of all of these symptoms that make me feel like I have a deadly illness... that have  basically taken my life away at 21. This is not a planned campaign against aspartame- in another forum a few weeks ago I saw someone suggest aspartame toxicity and I completely brushed it off, I have NEVER thought that it could have such terrible effects (I mean why would it be approved if so...)

Susan-I'm sorry this is happening to you :(  As a diabetic do you by any chance consume a lot of products with aspartame??
In any case to me it sounds like yours is also inner ear/vestibular related.

Good luck, I know how scary and frustrating this whole thing is.
47 year old male have all the same symptoms neck stiffness with face numbness pounding head ache, dizziness,numbness tingling in hands and fingers.rapid heart beat.been to ent , have had ct scans xrays all normal, blood normal. have worn a heart monitor also(also normal for my age) I drive an 18 wheeler for a living been off work for 2 months now still no relief..I need to get this fixed..Also i have been in two major wrecks in the past 10 years(personal car not big truck) where both cars were totaled (not my fault)The last one was 2 years ago about the same time my symptoms started. Doctors throwing drugs at me witch are not helping....can anyone help?? God bless
I have suffered with dreamy head,headpain,eye pain,sickly feeling and much more.I fully understand wot ur saying.My life is awful.Im going to see yet another dr to see if i can get REAL answers.Take care and good luck
Hi Everyone.
I'm curious if any of your symptoms occur due to positional changes, for instance, sitting to standing? For the past 10 years I have been suffering from Orthostatic Hypotension, but really have no idea what is causing it. (I also get migraines). I found Wikipedia's symptom description to be dead-on exact with how I feel. It also seems to match many of yours as well.

"Symptoms, which generally occur after sudden standing or stretching (after standing), include dizziness, euphoria or dysphoria, bodily dissociation, distortions in hearing, lightheadedness, nausea, headache, blurred or dimmed vision (possibly to the point of momentary blindness), generalized (or extremity) numbness/tingling and fainting, coat hanger pain (pain centered in the neck and shoulders), and in rare, extreme cases, vasovagal syncope (a specific type of fainting.) They are consequences of insufficient blood pressure and cerebral perfusion (blood supply). Occasionally, there may be a feeling of warmth in the head and shoulders for a few seconds after the dizziness subsides."

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension
I just want to add to this discussion.  These are my symptoms: dizziness (not room spinning but more of an unbalanced feeling), slight feeling of nausia, extreme pressure in the head, and irritablity.  It comes and goes meaning it lasts for about 3 - 4 weeks and then goes away.  When it hits me, especially while I am driving, it causes me to have panic attacks.  It has happened to me about 5 times in the past 3 years.  I do have high blood pressure and my heart doctor did all kinds of test on my and everything was negative.  I went to my ENT and he diagnosed me as having perilymph fistula - a slight tear somewhere in the inner ear canal.  It is brought on by change in pressure (flying) or strennuous activity such as weight lifting.  The tear usually closes on it's own in about 3-4 weeks thats with as little activity as possible (bed rest).  Eventually if the tear keeps opening I will need surgery to repair it.  So if any of this sounds like symptoms that you have and you recently flew and these symptoms last for about a month, ask your Doctor about perilymph fistula.  My doctor gave me a steroid shot, and a prescription for a diuretic (salt intake has to do with it also) and valium.  All three helped tremendously.
Good Luck!!!
Hey i have the same syntoms, pain in neck, sharp pain in head, feel sick and all that. I think it is anxiety disorder but is bad all the time so i need to know what it is. Stops me doing what i want to do. Is worse when concentrating on tv and computers.

SOMEONE ACTUALLY DIAGNOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick of everyone just saying they feel the same, i wana know whats wrong with me?
Have any of you ever researched something called a Chiari 1 malformation or Chiari zero malformation.  It sounds like some of you could have a mild form of one.  You would need a brain MRI to diagnose.
What treatment did you get . I'm just not feeling well what so ever I've had really bad headaches bad vision and spaced out very badly every single day :(
Right i hope you have time and space to read through this and try and get a hint in what i am saying its going to be long and in as much detail as possible. basically i am a 20 year old male and have always been a worrier after nights out on alcohol and drugs but the day after i am always worried paranoid and on edge and hate my life when the day is done i go to sleep and i am fine. and this drug came out called mcat and i thort i was clever and gave it a go and got a slight habbit with alcohol and drugs with that and had a fit and was russed in to hospital and was tested for epelepsy and i did not have that and was relsed but i was again fine but stoped taking the mcat. on a week end i will go out have alcohol and drugs hate my self recover the next day but on this serton night about 5 month ago it all started i felt something change in my brain and i new it was not right at all i was walking around in a worried state for 2 days with out sleep and would dare go home becasue my mother worries and when she does i do so i kept out of her way but anyway i waz praying to god it would go away after i went to sleep. when i woke up the day after i stayed in that state but i had a blank numb head physically numb my whole brain felt dissconnected and damaged. it also felt like there was water in my brain and dripping and making me choke my whole face and neck and head was numb. i went to the doctors and told him he says it was anxiety and gave me anti depressants valium and sleeping tabolots. but again i could get out of this state and my whole vision was blury and every thing felt like i was in a cartoon and i keep seeing signs every were i look IE get help and its all comeing to 1 big bang because i no somethings not right. i have got serve short term memory loss and all i can smell is burning and it's geting out of controll i can not do anything right i can not function and carnt understand people properly my ears are always ringing and from my bottom of my spine it feels dissconnected and it hurts a lot i have got serious head pains and feeling lost and confused. i no people with anxiety say they thing they have got brain tumors ect but i have the axact symtoms (symptoms) of a brain toumor and i am going for a cat scan next week but i need a full mri scan after. i feel compleatly retarded and lost but now i have strted drinkinjg again becasuse i am reliying onit being anxiety but then agen what if it aint ? ,,, i sit here and think and get head pains smell burning but also it could be from my sinus with  the water feeling will a cat scan show a sinus infection ? and how will they test me for that ? can not function at all feel wrong and down and out i have like forgot how to so simple tasks its geting horrible how there is so much presure in my head ears and face i dont feel real. but whats worrieing me the most is that i felt something change or pop in my brain and there is a nerve on the back if my neck what just jolts me awake and makes my eyes flinch and head feels wrong . i am going back to the doctors because the neoulogist is giving my some blockers ???? but on the other hand with this i have done that much reserch and messed my own head up with crazy thorts what i think it is because  i read stuff like mulitple scrosis and parkinsons and skitzsofrenia bipolor and i look for all them signs as well as all the top listed above i have got a serve ocd anxiety disorder well generalized anxiety disorder but i didnt have untill that night what i told above thats what is confusing me i argue the face that i have got this but il be the same nothing will proberly come up on the cat scan but i have convised my self i have got all these disorders and stuff . but i will not be happy if its just a sinus infection because if it was that at the begging it could ov been solved with antibiotics and nothing would ov came along with the anxiety if you get what im saying ? i just think il wake up brain dead because of all these head pains memory loss and smelling burning it s behond a joke now what is wrong with me ??? !!! gone complealy dumb.... dont no what day it is somethimes ..... memory seems a myth and so long ago ... nothing seeems real .... brain fogg.... (smell burning ).. bottom of spine feels dissconected.... neck pain ears ringing presure in face head and nose help me how will they test me for sinus infection ? doctors or neuoligist ! ? i am confused and worried dont no whats happining just need a full diagnosis from some were does any body at all get the physical SYMTOMS (symptoms) i have with memory and head pains smelling burning worried to feath and gone dumb please please reply i need a anser off some body who has been through all  this and  going through all this i hate it so much i just want my life back please give me an anser thank you for your time .....
somebody said..h pylori. That's what I think you should check into with you doctor. They can do a breath test to confirm the diagnosis. h pylori is the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers, it embeds in your membranes and can spread into your esophagus and nasal membranes. The ulcerations caused by h pylori eventually causes blood loss which is anemia, which can account for  dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue, brain fog, anxiety/panic attacks and irritability. The standard treatment with the multiple antibiotics may or may not work for the long term, but will give some definate relief for the short term. H pylori is very hard to erridicate. Oregano oil kills h pylori though, and has cured my stomach ulcers in the past. Also, take Pepto bismol, it keeps the bacteria from sticking to the walls of your intestines. Also, a long standing home remedy to treat ulcers has been cabbage juice. It might be worth a try.
I'm so happy I found this forum. I've been having all these symptoms for about 3 weeks. I had to quit my job because driving and working are dangerous and stressful with my head feeling so weird. I have so much pressure in my head and ears and it's like I'm just not there. I was given Ativan to keep me from dwelling so much on it and attempt to "cure" me because an ER doc decided I just have a stress disorder. On top of all the symptoms you all have mentioned I do in fact faint or I'm being tested right now to see if it's a seizure. Whichever though it is so scary and I've been randomly doing that since i was a kid and they found nothing then! But now with all the added symptoms there is obviously something going on! I have the panic attacks and the heart palpitations and all that. I am 24 yrs old and I want to move on with my life because I am obviously at a stand still! My family doc did find that I do have some hypothyroidism but she said it should not make my head feel this way. I'm going to have an MRI and EEG done on Tuesday. I'll let ya know how it goes! I'm going to look into the other suggestions you all have made as well. I just want to feel better ya know?!!!!!
Hello, I have the almost the exact symptoms, Im 18 and these symptoms have been getting worse for over a year and a half. I have trouble with my legs and walking. Please tell me if you found out what is wrong with you, because I have been to endless amount of doctor which cannot seem to find whats wrong ive had MRI's Blood work and ekg's, you name it, So please let me know if you found out what is wrong with you. Thanks Alex
In respons to your MVA with whiplash.  You could definetly be suffering from the whiplash.  I too, was in an accident in 09.  Hit from behind, as a passenger, I was looking out the drivers side window when struck a 25 to 30 mph.  From that day on, my life has been a living hell!  I started with the foggy feeling five days later.  Tinitus in both ears. My hands would go numb.  I can't lift my arms over my head without them feeling like bricks.  I get constant pain in my neck and traps that radiates to my shoulders, with pain under my clavicals.  I have trouble with swallowing and pain in my ribcage.  My xiphoid process hurts all of the time.  When the doctor takes my pulse in my arms, he looses the pulse as my arms raise.  I have ulna nerver intrapment (both arms) with red palms.  The list goes on and on!  All of my scans showed disc issues C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 with nerve root impingement at C7.  I was recently diag. with TOS, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and no, you do not have to have an extra rib for this disorder!  From all of the post I have read, I have all of the same issues.  I'm also seeing a TMD Dr. for the accident just made my TMJ symptoms worse.  People please know that whiplash is a very serious issue and can lead to many horrible symptoms many years later.  Doctors do not want to get involved due to litigation factors so they will send you on a wild goose chase!!  I hope this helps some of you out there that suffter from a lot of these symptoms.
Some of you may want to look into Chiari Malformation!
I just read almost every post here and I have to say that knowing so many people on here suffer the same ailments, gives me some comfort. But also, there has to be something we all have in common and the only thing it could be is diet which is probably S.A.D. meaning standard American diet. Over all health starts with the digestive system and the food we eat is overloading us with toxic chemicals as someone mentioned mush earlier in the forum. Im currently doing a 10 day toxin cleanse and it seems to be helping however yesterday I had a severe panic attack.

Previously, I went 3 weeks on a raw vegan organic diet, took pro-biotics, B12, wheatgrass, collagen, dugestive enzymes, etc and I felt a big enough difference that I weened myself off celexa 20mg for anxiety. But regretfully, I fell back into a bad diet and by bad I dont mean cheeseburgers and fries (I still eat mostly fruits and veggies, no meat, but cooked food) and a lack of supplements. Now Im suffering more than before. Panic attacks are less frequent but more severe. I dont know how to tell if there is something that sincerely needs to be addressed or if it is just more panic and anxiety. I still take xanax as needed especially during ovulation and menstruation,when it seems to be at it's worst.

Currently, Im suffering from an impacted wisdom tooth which may be a part of the problem but the dizziness has gotten worse and was never an initial symptoms of my anxiety which I've had going on 4 years. I have ringing in my ears at times, and even quit bouts of hearing loss. sharp stabbing pains one one or both sides of my head, and a lot of pressure, sharp head pains when coughing, shortness of breath, etc. I always lean towards the idea of oncoming pulmonary, brain tumor or stroke, heart attack which then results in a panic attack. I wish I could just feel a little ailment and pass it off as nothing like other people do but my mind just doesn't operate in that way. I know the change in nutrition may help some, but I cant help but to think the cause may need more treatment than that. Especially because I dont know what it is.

Like I said it's comforting to know I'm not alone but nobody here seems to have been diagnosed with anything certain or cured. if anyone has, please update and share the insight.
In response to your post.  Have you ever thought of looking into a PT that specializes in Myofascial Release?  Just a thought!
"well im so glad i found this forum. i have been going threw these symptoms for about 8 years, i am now 21 years old, i used to get a stomach flu alot, where i would vomit alot throughout the night and be dizzy. i would get this like twice a year, then one day after getting over this stomach flu, i started becoming very dizzy, and its been going every since. its a weird feeling, dizzyness, lightheaded, feeling shaky, pressure in top back part of brain/skull, pressure in forehead, seeing little bubbles, off balance, pressure in ears, pain/discomfort in the neck (right where the brain meets the spine), shooting sharp pains throughtout different parts of head. sometimes feel like i'm dreaming then relize what im doing, if i stare at something, it will look like its moving, when really its not.
its really horrible...... i cant take it already, i've had blood work done, cat scans, etc... but all seems ok, i am confused... its gotten really bad, if i run, jog, move my head to fast, look at something close, etc.... the symptoms start. also more symptoms are eyes feel weird, bad headaches, tired alot, lazy... I'm so sickk and tired of these feelings, can anyone help??"

^^^ I've had all of these exact symptoms. I had one really bad night where I couldn't eat because my mouth was so dry, I couldn't move, i was dizzy, shaking uncontrollably. After that bad night I became dizzy every day after. Would almost pass out at work it was bad. I went to the doctor to see if I was hypoglycemic or something but the blood tests came back normal. SOMEONE HELP PLEASEEEEE
No I haven't. never heard of it but I will check that out online. I see my Dr. again in a week to present my newest symptoms (cough headache). Im open to anything that will allow me to feel normal again. Thank you!
when i go riding i start to feel sick and and can carry on with it after about 30mins as it feels like i will come off
i allso feel sick and dizzy for all the day and then ok that next
if anyone knows why plaese email me:
***@****
i am only 15 years old and very worryles about it all i am allso worryies about my ex aswell as he is stessed out and i do not know what to do to help him if anyone can help please pmail me on the email that i have put above
thanks
i feel really lightheaded now but it imediately started when i tried to kill myself about 9 years ago i tried to snap my neck with my hands and something poped in my neck at the top and i felt the room spinning but and i got hit in my jaw to and that feels messed up at the same time the nerves all feel messed up on the left side of face like when i rub my skin certain ways around my ear my jaw locks up or loosens any ways i lay down a lot that helps because i cant excercise or run at all or walk very far like a couple blocks only anymore because i feel like im going to pass out if i dont just lay down and i cant move my neck like jump run or anything i feel like im going to die. we should just take it easy from now on and try to figure it out with a doctor not just let it get worse and worse like ive been doing for 9 years. my problems probably different because i actually physically almost broke like neck like a stick but i still feel dizzy and stuff now and its been getting worse. i also had an mri ct and x ray but i havent checked my jaw yet but they said my necks fine and brain is too but i think they made a mistake.its like i have to get my broken jaw and neck stuff back into the right alinement. if youve hurt your neck like over twisted it badly and have the same problems write me a little email at ***@**** because i need some support because i kind of dont know exactly what is wrong with me all i know its because i twisted my head.
i have been only having these syptoms (symptoms) for a day or so and there annoying me so badly, i have been feeling dizzy, spacing out, off balance, headaches, pain in the front and back of my head, shaky, joint and muscle pain, i have recently hurt my neck and it is sore, i have been very emotional at first i would be sad and not want to talk to anyone and then i'll be happy and make a fool of myself. It may be stress as my dad has cancer and is left without anything in his throat as it all had to be taken out due to a agressive tuama and he know can not talk and he can not breath out of his mouth and nose, there is a hole in his throat (trechestomy / larengectomy) that he breaths through and watching my mum deal with the stress of doing his medications is also pretty stressing. Im 14 and just want to know what is causing my syptoms (symptoms) as i dont want to stress my mum and dad out any more then they have to be. it maybe a day or week thing or just a silly little thing but i do NOT want to feel like this again, even writing this is hurting my head. HELP PLEASE!
Hi, also in the club. I have been having these symptoms for roughly 10 years. Am now a 30 year old male and looking to finally put these problems in the past. I also went to numerous doctors and kind of gave and and felt that this is how life is and find a way to just deal with it.
Symptoms:
Spaced out feeling
Head feels like there is a band around it at times
Eyes "jump around" sometimes and get blurry(until I focus and correct them)
Head sometimes feels like it's floating
When I play hockey I will sometimes get extremely light headed to the point where it hurts and I have to kind of chill out and let it subside
there is the pressure there in the front of my head near sinuses, although It is mainly a dry sinus problem
get dizzy, sort of stumble at times, never fall over or anything
sometimes get sort of a numb or pins and needles feeling(although that might be related to my neck?spine be slightly
out of line(getting that checked out right now)
Pulsating feeling at times(especially some evenings when I lay my head down at the end of the day)

Anyway, I have always had these sinus problems and never really put two and two together, thought they were completely seperate as dumb as that sounds now. I am a very laid back person and feel that is the only way I have been able to deal with these problems and live a somewhat, normal life to this point, although it only appears that way on the outside. I am going to look into allergies as I believe many years ago i had a test and was not allergic to many things but I believe Chicken feathers was one thing I was. Oddly enough, I believe I have always used a pillow with feathers in it so there might be something there? Anyway, It is great to know that I am not alone and this has been a mystery to me for so long but the fact that I can share my case and see others is a HUGE step in the right direction. I have confidence that if we stay open with what is going on with each other and new ideas, possiblities, etc. we may find a cure for this horrible disease?Virus? whatever it is. Please continue to share your experiences as I will with you. Thank you :)
Crazy that so many people feel the way I do. I have had a headache bandlike feeling in my fforhead for about a month, pressure in my head. I also feel lightheaded dizzy and spaced out. I work as an ultrasound tech and when I scan I start gettting headaches. I noticed anything that requires focusing make me have a headache and pressure.I also feel very spacey all the time, and it affects me more when Im in public. I sometimes think that bc Im always focusing and paying attention to fine detail like washing dishes folding laundry, dusting and Im never like lookuing up at a room, and I dont know how to just relax that my body is just not use to it. let me know what you think. I also get tightness in my throat alot when the pressure in my head starts. Maybe Anxiety??? but I think we all have something.
Please if you are a chronic suffer of this (I think there are several things that can cause this and that many may just be temporary) you need to see this:

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/

I've had these symptoms for 20+ years it goes on and off.  The best way I can describe it is at times it feels like you are looking out of a foreign set of eyes. Like you are in the 3rd person in your own body where you can control your body but you dont feel like you and your body are actually one.  Kinda feel high/slow/dizzy/spaced out while its going on (can last for days/weeks at a time)

I hope this helps, I found it yesterday and never realized so many ppl had it. Mine is probably caused by anxiety and the fact that my mind is always running, as a child (10+) I would get panic attacks. I think its probably related.
from ***@****  
Guys it sounds like all of you have a thyroid issue.  You may want to have your thryoid checked.  All those symptoms (except the guy who tried to snap his own neck) sound like low thryoid.  Have tsh and thryoid numbers checked.  bruce
I wish it was as easy as that!  Checking my thyroid/TSH was probably one of the first test I had done.  Not the problem, everything checked out OK!  Thanks for your insight.....
Its anxiety and panic attacks I been having them for years...tell your doc they will give u med. For it it works now I have a panic attack maybe once every two weeks and I take a beta blocker for them...hope this helps
Got my second opinion today. What a joke!  This jerk made me feel like a 5 year old kid. Explained the neck pain with dizzyness, facial numbness,tinglingling in fingers,rotten migraines, eye lids sag .. i give up..Head hurts so bad have to lay down for hours at a time cant work cant do anything.He just said you have a migraine see ya.I need to be a doctor and make big bucks. At least i would have a good bed side manner!
Been having lots of head pressure and back pain
hey all, i too have all these symptoms, head presure, dizzines, feeling sick, my ears crackle, feeling faint if im walking about and start to shake, i have been to the doc it must be about 20 times, he said i had labyrinthitis and gave me some tablets (they didnt work) he then sent me to the e.n.t department at the hospital they said my ears where fine! iv had these symptoms for 3 years now and its starting to rule my life, iv had enough of it now!!!
I've had my thyroid checked, plenty of blood work, etc. It started with what was obviously panic disorder or generalized anxiety but over the years the symptoms have changed. The lightheaded feeling is just very strange. Almost like a TIA but without other TIA symptoms and no risk factors involved. If I had to sum up the way it felt, I would say it felt like I was loosing blood/oxygen to my brain. I even started to drink shots of wheatgrass everyday since the chlorophyll highly oxygenates the blood. The symptoms got better but still persist at times. It's kinda scary to think so many people suffer the same but out of everyone, not one of us has seen a doctor who can explain.
Hey, the feeling of losing blood/oxygen to the brain is exactly how I would sum it up for me as well. Do you play sports at all or exert yourself running or anything and feel really light headed when you do this? I play hockey once/week and when I really get going I feel like i'm going to pass out but I never do. I kind of take the foot off the petal sort of speak and the feeling will subside after about a half a minute or so. You say shots of wheatgrass work? I'm looking for ideas, will definitely try that out. Keep me posted if you don't mind and I will do the same with you on anything you try out. I'm currently trying the neti pot, sudafed, improving my diet, and exercising more to see how if affects my symptoms.
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the shots of wheatgrass do help do not as much as I thought they would. I take 2oz every day. I dont play sports but I do work out which actually I havent in about 2 weeks simply from the fear of getting a dizzy spell. I think my problem may be associated with my sinus' and pressure in my inner ear which may be why the wheat grass isnt totally affective. But my Dr gave me nasal spray to clear that up and it didn't help either. I literally feel like Im on the verge of stroke sometimes even though my risk factor is low. Honestly, the thing that was 100% affective was a total body toxin cleanse called perfect cleanse by garden of life prior to a 80% raw diet which is includes a lot of juicing and supplements like digestive enzymes, probiotics and collogen. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon and now my symptoms are worse than ever. A lifestyle change that drastic in a society where processed foods is simply 'what's for dinner" is very difficult. But when I did it, it made all the difference. The wheat grass however, I highly recommend regardless for overall health. Look up the benefits of it and you'll see why.

I also suffer from clinical anxiety and panic disorder which dont help!!! it's a nightmare!
i havw this pain confussion heartbeat fear dying sensation since 19 now m 36 i see cardio neuro doctors and nothing. everything start without sleep, icould not sleep, waking tired at thhe time iwas a regular in the gym iwas feeling healthy but then i start getting tired all the time i start losing. wight n feeling that m going todie i waswith atermometer aall the time. this feëling was 24/7 3655 days for years and i said yearssss. i was in the hospital probably 5 days a week. one day i start breathing faster than the normal and half of my body didn't move, my fathet nmother drove me to the hospital they put me in wheelchair at the time at the room the doctor checkk my heart pulse n he just gave. me aplastic bag n miracle i staro
Its th wifi!!!!! Im very serious.
im 21 and have been suffering with crackling ears sinus pressure spaced out feeling,funny vision sometimes get tired and sore heads.Its horriable i have been to docs about 100 times im on prozac cause i was taking panic attacks .I dont know what it is please help.I also feel like im in a fish bowl have the time arrggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.if that makes sense.does anyone else vision go funny.
I had exactly similar symptoms as yours. Its called Benign positional vertigo. I threw out my pillow and it worked for me. Do you think your pillow could be causing that?

You could also see a chiropractor in case the symptoms dont go away.
I too have been having problems the last couple weeks. I have been having neck and shoulder problems but lately it has ventured up the right side of my head making it feel pressurized in there and if I scrunch my neck up it hurts up my right side too. And I get feelings of dizzyness. And also that kind of empty feeling inside the head. I do notice that when I freak out and panic about it that it does seem to enhance it all. I have been known to have panic attacks for years and when I get to worrying on something its like I am consumed with it and can't even think of other things. It is scary for me. If I can get my mind off of it somehow I seem to do a bit better. But today...its all consuming.  
Hi so glad to have found this forum. I have been having the same symptons for a while now but with really bad sweats. I find it hard to look after my daughter and be energetic. I asked the drs if i had a trapped nerve in my neck and she asked me if i had an allergy to alcohol. If anyone can find the reasoning behind that question please enlighten me lol. But seriously when i turn my head i can feel it like cracking and it makes me dizzy and nauseous. I have my ears checked out but they are fine but the pain that comes from my neck up and behind my ears is awful. My vision feels just not focused and i feel like my head is all foggy, Any answers please share them.
Sounds crazy, but look up mercury poisoning from dental work.  Had all the same symptoms, had the mercury replaced in my mouth and  have not had one epidsode since.  France, Great Britian and Canada have all made mercury fillings illegal.  Check it out.
P.S.  Never tell your dentist or medical Dr. this, cause they will think you're crazy!!!
Please see an edocrinologist or rheumatologist.  Sooo many of these symptoms can be caused by your adrenal glands.  Among other things, they control your sodium and potassium levels.  If those levels are off you can have so many weird symptoms, many of which you have all listed here.  Simple to diagnose and simple to treat, if you go to the right kind of doctor.  I suggest a rheumatologist because adrenal gland disorders are a type of autoimmune disease.

Dizziness, headaches, tingling, sleeping problems, problems concentrating, abdominal pain, chest pain, muscle aches, joint aches, change in consciousness, lethargy, swollen eyelid, mouth ulcers, skin and hair texture changes, diarrhea, constipation, high or low sodium, potassium, blood sugar, high or low blood sugar, faint feeling upon standing up, personality changes, the list goes on and on...  Your electrolytes control everything!  And your adrenal glands control your electrolytes.

Your body is trying to tell you something.  Please don't stop searching for an answer until you find one.  No one should have to live like this.  When all else fails see an endocrinologist or rheumatologist!  They are familiar with disorders and test for things other docs aren't as familiar with.

PS. You are at a higher risk of having an autoimmune disorder if someone in your family has one.  Good luck and God bless!
God bless you all.

You all are often in my prayers.
Hi Everyone,i am so happy to have found this group. I feel exactly the same.Any help or suggetons will be appreciated,please help. I am afraid to see a doctor beacause i am scared to know about the disease i've got. This has been going on for 5 years. Now i am 20 years old.

I feel dizzy,light headed. Everything around me seems to be moving and it's hard to keep on walking. I have shortness of breath and have difficulty breathing and my heartbeat,it beats so rapidly and i get shakey (shaky) and i start to have a panic attack. It has got on worse. It happens almost all the time and i feel like i'm on my wits end.

One thing,before i got this symptoms 5 years ago,i lost around 15Kg of weight within a year. is it due to this ? but why am i still feeling this after all these years ? It has got on so bad that i can't go out because i am afraid i will faint. I can't walk properly as i feel light headed,breathless,panic attack. It is a living hell for me ! PLEASE HELP !

Is there anything i can do to cure this ?
One word for you... candida.

Systematic candida can cause all of these symptoms.

Google it and let us know what you think.
hi, i'm 23 years old i suffer with same kind of symptoms as i have been since being very young. I get pressure in my head like its tightening, tingeling down my face, pressure in ears sometimes pain in temple area or just behind my eyes! It gets really scary sometimes and i have had panic attacks through it to which i get hot and the symptoms get worse. I actually havent been anywhere just yet about it as i kind of feel like its just me being silly!! but after reading these comments i realise thats not the case. I suffer with kidney trouble and didnt know whether its related. I also sometimes feel like i'm in a dream, have strange feelings i really can't explain also sometimes when i close my eyes it feels like the room in spinning or my head is moving really fast!! I dont have high blood pressure or anything like that also been tested for diabetes but that came back clear. i'm really confused to what it could be...sometimes i feel its all in my head and i'm working myself up over nothing!
also i suffer with swollen glands near my left ear..sometimes it gets that bad i can't open my mouth! this also causes earache and its sometimes around this area i feel pressure...please help! it would be much appreciated!!
Do you remember when this first started? Was there some kind of odd event that took place just prior? A bad trip from weed or something? Just curious as that is what occured when some of my symptoms began, although since then, i'm sure anxiety, sinus issues, etc. play a role in the symptoms.
I am 63 years old.  I have had so many of the problems many of you have.  I found an allergist in Los Angeles a year ago who helped me feel the best I have ever in my life.

I went to allergists for all of my adult life... 40+ years.  I was dizzy, lost my balance all of the time, head congestion, ears full, asthma, feeling like I had the flu or horrible colds, sore throats, sick, and my list is a mile long.  Evidently, I was close to anaphylaxis fairly often.  A year and a half ago, I went into anaphylaxis.   I do not lose my balance any more. I feel like a new person!!!

I have a ton of allergies.  My worst are latex, peanuts, wheat, and soy.  Be persistent and keep looking for specialists.  I went to allergists (in IN and CA) and they kept saying I had little allergies... nothing big.  Then I found the allergist I have now and my life is totally different.  He is astute and completely knowledgeable.  

I have also had bouts of allergies with medications and with red food dye.  Please don't discount them.  The last couple were taking an acetominophen with red dye and NSAIDS.  Beware!  The whole medical field uses latex.  Be vigilant!  Just because a doctor says something is not a problem, keep trying.  Possibly check into the Mayo Clinic.  I have heard marvelous stories about them.

My best of wishes to all of you!  I wish you relief a whole lot faster than I got it!
Hi guys I hope you get this post, it absolutely is anxiety. I do a program it's nothing like all those relaxation tapes and waterever else believe me I've tried them all. This method is based on the teachings of dr. Claire weeks. You will learn soooo much and also be free of this horrible nervous illness. The website to check it out is healing-anxiety.com plz plz check it out you will not be disappointed!!
I appreciate the post, but how do we know you aren't making commission off sales for this program?
l UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN.....I CANNOT LAY ON MY LEFT SIDE, AS I ALSO FEEL DIZZY AND SICK....IF I TURN MY HEAD LEFT JUST TO LOOK AT SOMETHING DIZZY AND IF STOOD UP I WILL FAINT.....WHEN I GO TO THE GYM, I GET PRESSURE IN MY EARS AND I HAVE TO LEAVE, BECAUSE I KNOW I COULD FAINT AT ANYTIME....I ALSO GET HEADACHES ALOT...AND THE SAME WITH MY EYES, CANNOT GO ON COMPUTER FOR LONG OR READ, I DO HAVE READING GLASSES....
I WAS TOLD BY MY GP, ITS JUST LOW BLOOD PRESSURE AND LACK OF IRON, BUT I TAKE IRON TABLETS AND BLOOD PRESSURE WELL HOW DO U FIX THAT?.....
I suffer chronic sinusitis, i live on antibiotics and also suffer chronic migraines..i find that sinus problems trigger migraines with me which means i get them alot  :(  Lately ive been getting vertigo and a weird dizzy feeling, when im reading or concentrating i have this strange dizzy feeling briefly for a few seconds, iys like its inside the head/eyes and its happening every time im on the computer. I also have the pain and spaced out feeling fullness in the ears and face, red hot cheeks, loss of smell and taste,nausea,headache,ringing in ears, extreme tiredness and heavy feeling around eyes. does anyone else have problems with dizzy/giddy feeling when reading or trying to focus??
I have all these same symptoms..I feel such horrible pressure in my head, cant see....pain in the back of my head...weakness in my body and then it causes me to have a panic attack.  I get dizzy, confussed and feel sometimes i slurr my words.  Is this something to do with pressure and fluid build up in the head and ears??  I have had this for years and in the past month it has gotten bad again.  It makes life horrible.
sounds like panic disorder. i am a long time panic disorder patient and have had all those symptoms. beleive it or not it take a good phycologist to pick those symptoms up as panic disorder. what i would suggest is to take a few minutes, close your eyes, and take in long deep breaths. put yourself in a place that you remember that makes you happy. or a memory or something. remove everything else out of your mind. do this for a couple minutes. if it works you got your answer. 1 in every ten people that have anxiety or panic disorder are treated or properly diagnosed. beleive me panic disorder or a anxeity disorder is not a completley understood disorder. and can vary  with many diffrent symptoms. mainly dizziness, feeling like having a heart attack, tingling down the left arm and fingers,pain down the arm and fingers, feeling of like high blood pressure in the head, nausea, some even vomiting, passing out, and for me when i go into a big attack disorentation, followed by hyper ventalating to the point of some insanity until it passes then im fine. been put in the hospital twice for it and have dealt with it for 16 years. your not alone your not dieing. and you can turn your life around. a good therapist can help you. not a shrink a behavioral therapist that does mot perscribe any meds all they do is listen and and suggest. try it. there are some people that cant even leave there house cause of symptoms or cause it causes anxiety to leave there home or to drive or to be near people. take charge and be yourself again.
Have you ever considered lyme disease...don't discount what I am saying because I have been suffering the same things as you and worse for over 4 years now...please let me know what you think about this. I'm not talking about early lyme either. I'm talking chronic like you did not catch it or even know you had it. Like me. Also it is hard to get a positive test if its late stage but a diagnosis can be made simply from symptoms.
Hi im a 16 year old teen male these symptoms what you have is what I'm going through but ever since 8 months been by it feels like its gotten better and how i got it to be better is by seeing a therapy counsler and a natrualpath doctor she gave me all kind vitamins she said it's my immune system not strong enough so i been taking what she told me and it's have been working great feels like I'm getting my normal life back but all it takes is PREYS  PATIENTS and MEDETATION as you keep doing these u will get ur normal self again and keep this in mind it's all mind over matter what u feel will pass and as u accept it will leave so just go through the pressure and something in the end will rise in you.well all i can say is don't take medecation and do it with natrual herbs  well good luck and if any questions email me at edward.***@****
I wish you all the best.  I have been sick for over ten years and it keeps getting worse and of course all the tests say I am normal, makes you feel like a hypochondriac. Most recently I have a fever almost all day every day, head congestion, sore throat, chest congestion, palpatations, now dizzy when I roll over especially to the point it makes me sick to my stomach and weak nand disoriented. Pressure in my head. Chiropractor says it is not from my spine. BP is a little high and my pulse is always higher than it should be.
Oh, I get really emotional really easily and I am on Wellbutrin 300 mg now the doc wants to ad another antidepressant, I am depressed because I am sick.....The overly emotional part is new and don't know what that is all about, I am 65 so it is not the menopause stuff.
I do a lot of research and ask for all the tests that I come up with that might lead to an answer but so far nada.
you might have a concussion, those are the exact symptoms and the reason nothing shows up in cat scans and tests are because a concussion is unnoticeable and cant be seen but judged by the symptoms. if you play sports like football you need to stop until the symptoms go away. To everyone also if you've had those symptoms
omg I am soooo happy to have found this forum, I am a 43 yr old female from australia and have been having these symptoms for the last27 years. Over the last two months they have gradually got worse to the point of not leaving the house for fear of dying while I am out. I have panic attacks and a high level of anxiety about the symptoms most of you describe. Just wish someone had an answer.
HI, I Have Had, And Still Have, All The Symtpoms Listed By The Majority Of You, Pressure, Lots Of Pressure, Especially In Back Of Head, And Can Hear My Heart Beating As Well, Etc., Even In My Chest.  After An Uneventful Doctor Trip And Two Rushes To The Emergency Room, I Have Now Been Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism (several bloodclots in the lungs).  I Am Now On Warfarin And Injections.  I Am Told The Feelings In My Head Are Linked To These Clots And Probably Have One Or A Few In The Neck, Head, Brain, And The Medications I Am On Will Help With Clots Anywhere In The Body. I Have Only Been On Them For 2 Weeks Now, So I Am Still Experiencing All Symptoms But They Are Nowhere Near As Severe.  When The Doctor Dissmisses You And You KNOW There Is Something Wrong, Stay On It! Go To The Emergency If You Have To. I Would Not Be Alive Right Now If I Didnt Go To The Hospital On My Own. Three Times. I Hope This Helps In Some Way.
I also have the same symptoms that my Dr has  diagnosed as anxiety.
Hello guys I'd like to tell you that you are not the ones experiencing these symtomps. I have had these for 3 years so far (absolutely the same symptoms as in the first post) and none of the doctors could say what exactly it is. I've been to neurologists, psychologists, gp's and they all say I'm ok and that this is panick attacks. Well at first I refused to believe them but now I think that's exactly what it is. Although I'd prefer if it was some easily curable disease lol Well I want to share with you what I've done to make my symptoms less severe. First I started with anti-depressants and other pills but I just didn't want to take such pills as I'mm still too young for them ( I'm 25 now). Then I was absolutely desperate and was willing to take anything that would help me so I started minerals and gemstone therapy. I found a good mineral therapist in Bulgaria (that's where I am from). It kind off helped me but at the same time I read the book Panic Away and also started doing excersises every morning and started drinking herbs (nettle, melissa). So I can say I'm a bit better now. At least I try not to panic for nothing, I started going out a bit more often. Well it really annoys me that i get dizzy when i walk but I can't change that for now. I'm going to England soon so I hope doctors there could help more than the ones here :) So guys think positive, share your fears with your closest people and don't take so much pills cause I think they make things worse. God bless you all!
does anyone work in a hospital around super sani cloth wipres or thermacide wipes
the super sani cloth have a purple lid
Have you been to see a good chiropractor?- one who uses the Gonstead method.  You could be out of alignment.
Same here! Since may of this year(4 months ago) I have had this feeling of unreality. Started of with my vision being strange.. Hard to explain. Kinda like looking through glass. I was diagnosed with cronic (chronic) depression when I was 11 I am 18 now. It is becoming much worse and I am scared I have some kinda fatal disease such as ms. my doctors think I'm crazy but I just can't shake the feeling. I constantly think I'm going to die or become disabled or lose my mind. And I feel as if all if my symptoms are getting worse. Sometimes feels like someone is pulling my eyeballs from inside my head.. Creepy right? I am starting to become very depressed over it all.. I just want answers
Add me to the list.  I have been feeling this way for almost 8 years now and things continue to get worse. I have seen no improvement over this time, just a steady decline in my health.

It all started with fatigue, and feeling spaced out all the time which worsened over the years. In February of 2010 things started to get worse for me. I got really dizzy for about 2 months straight, earache, felt really disoriented all the time and had several consecutive sinus colds.

A couple of months later I started developing numerous other symptoms which include the following:

Dizzy, wozziness, off balance feeling
• Feeling spaced out all the time, like my eyes don't focus
• Concentration is terrible, brain fog all the time
• Feeling of pressure in my head
• Eye floaters
• Eye pain
• Light sensitivity
• After images (especially when reading off a computer screen… if I look away I will see the text faintly on the wall for example)
• Tinnitus
• Dull ear ache feeling off and on
• No energy at all, feeling fatigued all the time, yawning all day long
• Muscle twitching, weakness and pain

All my symptoms are causing me problems, but the biggest thing is I'm constantly feeling run down and have no energy. My muscles are so weak I have a hard time even standing for more than a couple of minutes or holding my arms up.

If anyone is interested in discussing and trying to work together on solving this please send me a private message.
I have been experiencing similar symptoms to those you describe here. I used to have an eating disorder, and that lead to stomach problems (gastritis, GERD). After having a baby, my stomach problems worsened and now I have a small hiatal hernia. For the last year or so, I started noticing periods with dizziness, a sensation of pressure inside my nose and inside my head, and other weird symptoms, and these happened at the same time as my stomach started cramping up or I had gas in my stomach. Doing some research online I just came across this article about the research of a physician named Theodore Baroody that I think all of you experiencing these symptoms should read:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_241-242/ai_107201216/
I have only read the first few pages of the article but everything so far matches perfectly with my experience and makes sense to me. I think it is unbelievable that trained doctors are not aware of this condition.
Let me know if this helps!
Oh, just to be clear, after reading the article (3rd paragraph from the bottom of the 1st page), I believe that the cause of the pressure sensation inside the head and related symptoms may be a vasospasm of the aorta, which causes increased blood pressure in the head. The aorta may go into spasm due to vagus nerve irritation caused by the hiata hernia.
You should look into lyme disease through a lyme disease specialist.

I had and still have many of the same symptoms you all have and was finally diagnosed with lyme disease and a bartonella infection. I believe I contracted it over 12 years ago because this is when all my symptoms began. Please don't dismiss this as a possibility. Testing is very poor to detect lyme disease despite what doctors say. My husband, son and myself all have lyme and none of us ever got a bullseye rash. Symptoms can be different for everyone. It took many years of seeing many doctors to finally get diagnosed. We all got a clinical diagnosis of lyme disease because our blood tests for lyme disease would not come back positive. It wasn't until we were on antibiotics for a few months that our tests came back positive. Symptoms that are caused by lyme disease are as follows: Anxiety, muscle pain, muscle twitching, joint pain, fatigue, overwhelming fatigue that can make you feel anemic, forgetfulness, memory loss, brain fog, light sensitivity, dry eyes due to inflammation, eye pain,headaches sometimes located in the temples or any where, migraines, neck tightness and pain, hand and feet pain, body feels like it is drying up, hair loss, overwhelmingly hot or cold, cold extremities, night sweats, gird, digestive problems like acid reflux or abdominal pain, pain around the ribs, diarrhea or constipation, low grade fever, insomnia, brain won't turn off at night, restless legg syndrom (syndrome), nerve pain any where in the body, vibrations in the body, numbness anywhere on the body usually the extremities, itchy skin, unexplained rashes and many more.

You all want answers to your health conditions. Lyme disease is a strong possibility. The only way you will know for sure is to see a doctor who specializes in lyme disease. Watch the movie Under Your Skin. Contact me and I will help guide you to how and find a doctor.

My husband, son and myself have only been in treatment for a short time but we have been suffering with this health issue for years. Doctor after doctor could not determine what was wrong with us. They wanted to prescribe us antidepressants, pain killers, and anti-anxiety medicine.
Please do not dismiss this because your doctor does. Their testing will not pick up this illness if you have had it for a while. It shuts down the immune system and causes testing to come back negative or equivocal. I had 3  lyme tests by doctors and they all came back equivocal. This does not mean negative. Equivocal means questionable. None of my doctors questioned it. I finally found someone who did and My 4th test came back positive.

Feel free to contact me if you want information on how to find a lyme doctor in your area. Good luck to you all.
You forgot to mention that in order to get lyme disease you need to have been bitten by a tick in one of the areas of the country where ticks carry the disease, and you need to have not noticed that the tick was there for a while, usually over 24 hours
ticks are not the only way to contract lyme disease. You can also get it through fleas and moskitos. It sounds to me that you, like most people feel that this is an impossibility. Lyme disease is epidemic and being ignored by the CDC. Bartonella and Babesia are also two other infections that you can get from insects and are not being addressed. You are no more an expert on lyme disease then any doctor  out there that told me I didn't have it. I was bit when I lived in Texas by something that made my a lump on my forearm swell the size of an egg. I never had a rash or saw a tick. My symptoms developed shortly after. I do know that I got bit by many large mosquitoes in Texas because they don't have a drainage system like the North east. You can also get lyme disease anywhere in this country and in many other countries in the world despite what you have read. Good Luck.
I also suffer with eye floaters, dizziness, ear pain and pressure in the head. I even get a tightness in my chest and neck. I wish you the best in your search. You need to be open minded to believe you may have some kind of bacterial infection that isn't showing up on blood work. Blood tests are not as accurate as they should be and doctors don't tell you this.
What kind of treatments are you going through? If you don't mind me asking
Hi again,

I do not believe that Lyme disease is not a possibility, I just thought that people in this forum need to know how you can get the disease and that it doesn't just come from the air. When I started having symptoms I also read about Lyme disease and how you may have it even if the blood test is negative, and I was tested two times and wasted a lot of time fighting with doctors and focusing on that when I actually was having gastritis and hiatal hernia.

Also, I believe that lyme disease doesn't explain the sensation of pressure that many of the people posting in this forum are complaining about. In particular, in my post I was directed to GMAN2389, the very first post in this page, who said that after a bout of vomiting due to stomach flu he developed the sensation of pressure in his head. My problems come from a long history of an eating disorder and vomiting, that caused damage to my stomach and diaphragm. I get the sensation of pressure inside my head and nose (sinus pressure) when my stomach is upset and my diaphragm irritated. To people with these symptoms, I highly recommend reading the article I mention in my post:

This article is based only on 17 years of  anecdotal experience and not on much official research, and so it is not widely known or accepted by doctors, but I believe it has merit and it definitely corresponds to my experience.
I have similar symptoms!  So frustrating!  
I feel God Awful after a neck adjustment.  Or if my neck cracks.
anyone else?
But my MRI doesn't show THAT much damage (according to my Dr).
Check out the article from WHO ( The World Heath Organization) concerning cell phone usage. Also, if you Google health risk associated with cell phone usage and being in close proximity to cell towers, you will find a slew of info concerning the potential dangers using cell phones and living around cell phone towers. It will shock you.

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

My husband, son and myself are suffering with chronic lyme disease. Currently my husband and myself are being treated for a bartonella infection. This infection causes fibromyalgia, eye pain, stomach pain, rib pain, gastritis, any digestive issues, elevated liver enzymes, foot pain, and a few more. Normally this infection would not harm a healthy person but our immune system has been compromised because we have had lyme for so many years with out treatment. This infection and any other infection like babesia must be treated first before treating lyme otherwise we will never be cured. We are currently on specific antibiotics that are used in killing bartonella and lyme. If you want more information about this you can read Dr. Burrascano's guidelines on lyme disease. I used to have terrible acid reflux and abdominal pain before starting on the antibiotics. Most of this is gone. I still have some problems with digestion when I am in a die off stage. This is where the antibiotics kill a lot of bacteria and the toxins build in the body causing inflammation. The die off stage can be very uncomfortable and painful. It usually lasts 3-4 weeks. When we no longer have these symptoms then we have rid ourselves of the bacteria. This can take many, many months.
The pressure sensation is something I also have. I have it in my abdomen, chest and head. At times it is difficult to take a deep breath. It can feel like someone standing on my chest. I also have terrible pressure in my head. Sometimes it is so bad I feel like my eyes are popping out. Everything hurts around and on my head. I usually have terrible eye pain, temple headaches, ear pain, jaw pain, neck pain. The pain can run down into my shoulders and chest.
I have noticed that when the bacteria I am fighting is in a die off phase I have certain symptoms. I have more problems with digestion and feel a pressure in my body after I eat. I usually develop pain in my abdomen and in the liver area then travels to my neck and head. I have even developed migraines after feeling this way. I believe that the inflammation I have from the die off of bacteria is effecting my nervous system and causing all of these symptoms. My symptoms used to be so bad that I could not roll around in bed because I would get extremely dizzy and nauseous. This would happen when I was sound asleep. Since being in treatment my symptoms have lessened but they are still there. If you read Dr. Burrascano's guidelines for lyme disease it may give you some incite.  
You all want answers to your health conditions. None of you realize what lyme or other infections can do to the body. I am only trying to make you aware of the possibility. Lyme testing is not accurate especially if you have had it for a while. It shuts down the immune system and this is what testing is based on. The testing looks at your immune response and you won't have one if the disease is chronic. Lyme specialists are the only doctors you should see to get treatment. Main stream doctors do not know enough about lyme or how to treat it. The CDC has swept this health condition under the rug. Lyme disease is suppose to be treated on a clinical basis but there are no doctors that will do this except lyme doctors. Clinical means you don't just go by blood work, you also go by the persons symptoms. If you want to find a lyme doctor and get properly tested, contact me and I will tell you how to find one in your area.
See a chiropractor! Some people think that chiros only fix people when their backs hurt but it's also preventative medicine! I use to be dizzy all the time and have the same symptoms. I started seeing a chiro after I had exhausted all the medical doctors and tests and I haven't had a dizzy spell or any of my symptoms in years! I loved it so much so that I went to college and majored in chiropractic. Give it a go, couldn't make you any worse!
Viewing 401-600 comments: