Dizziness, spaced out feeling, head pain, sinus pressure and feeling shaky
For the past 4 years I have been experiencing horrible symptoms. It seemed that the whole thing started as a sinus infection but then I went for a CT scan of sinuses and they were clear. I have been having symptoms of dizziness, head pain, shakiness and a spaced out kind of foggy feeling like i am watching my life from the outside - all day every day. There are some times for a couple of hours during the day that the symptoms may lift and give me a few moments to live- but not much. I have been to about 30 doctors- including ENT's allergists, neurologists, chiropracters, opthamologists. psychologists, dentists and everything else u can think of. All CT scans, MRI of brain and blood work keep coming back clean and ok. Nothing I try seems to work. There was a period of time about 3 and a half years ago that the symptoms lifted for about 4 months and then it returned full force. Some of the weird parts are that the shakiness seems to be seasonal - coming in spring and lasting thru summer and its miserable like a tingling pins and needles sensation thru out my body. I have also been getting what some doctors seem to diagnose as recurring sinus infections- like 10 a year- i take anti biotics and i feel slightly better until the next infection but i still have the other symtoms while I am on the medication.  I have hay fever and allergies to mold dust...Every doctor tried diagnosing something different- like migraines or TMJ or some sort of other odd thing. I've tried tons of medications. I dont usually have all the symptoms at once...they kind of take turns.  One doctor suggested moving to Arizona as it may be a sinus issue but the ENT's say I have no sinus isue- just regular allergies and the allergists say that they have never seen symptoms like these for allergies. I tried psychologists even though the ony reason I am stressed out is cuz I can never live....before this sickness I was the happiest person around- and even psychologists turned me away as normal.  Is there anyone out there that may know something that can help me - please??......I can not go on like this anymore
There has been a lot of good advice on this column-- I felt like your list of symptoms was like a check list for what I have -- here was what I found out -- try turning off any wireless routers, cell phones, cordless phones (especially DECT) -- this was the first step in my recovery.   don't have any electrical appliances near your bed when you sleep.  It sounds like you have electromagnetic sensitivity -- from too much radiation.  It is more known about in Europe less in the States.  by the way tests like MRI and CAT scans which are very high in radiation only make the symptoms worse.

My symptoms are headaches, brain fog, night sweats, anxiety, shaky feeling at times, sharp ear pain, tingling in body parts (if they are exposed to electrical appliances for too long), sleep issues -- very light sleeping, nausea and acid reflux.

Best of luck and let me/the list know if it helps.

Carol761
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I have a question for all of y'all. What exactly is this foggy head thing? Is there an actual medical term for it? I try to explain it to my family and doctors but it appears that no one can grasp what I now just call "the fog". I just want to feel NORMAL. When I read that some of y'all have experienced this for years, it is so discouraging because I don't know if I can deal with this forever. Has anyone come across a doctor that is openminded and willing to really look into what "the fog" is? I mean I am 21, in perfect health, passed all the tests with flying colors, so on paper there is nothing wrong with me. It is hard to find a doctor that takes me seriously when I tell him that there IS something wrong with me. And why have most people never even heard of this? Please help!!!!
To All,

Wow, I am happy I found this site. I have been feeling these exact same symptoms for one month now.
Symptoms are: Dizziness, ears feel as though they are blocked (very annoying), sinus pressure, foggy feeling (as though I am not myself) night sweats and general fatigue. I am a healthy person who exercises reguarly and eats fairly healthy food which was why I thought I came down with the flu or something.

Went to the doctor who gave me anitibiotics (cehpalexin) as I did have a sore throat and he believed I had a bacterial infection and was feeling under the weather. The drug  made me feel dizzier (as it is a common side effect of the drug). I just finished the course of antibiotics but still feel dizzy, foggy, etc.  I am making another doctors appointment to rule out any medical conditions, but I think it might be anxiety and want it to stop.

One day I felt as though I was crawling out of my skin (literally) but that was one day only and I have not experienced that again.

I want to feel like myself again, but this forum definitely made me feel a little better.
Did you ever find relief or find out what it was? I'm feeling the same exact way
"I am beginning to realize that I am controlling this illness. During times of Stress and anxiety, I feel the worst, like I am incapable of dealing with life. But I find that it helps to take ownership of the feelings and not be afraid or panicky because fear is an antagonizer."

-gemini said it!  - right there.

its been only 3 weeks for me and 2 visits to the ER. Turns out I am not having strokes, I am not dying, but it sure feels like it.  The pressure in my temple intensifies for a few seconds then I go numb an tingly.  Pressure and tightness is in my face and neck and temple. I get shortness of breath and feel like I can't even talk.  When I lay down or try to destress though breathing, it goes away almost entirely.  
I am convinced it is a combined of stress, sinuses, and sleeplessness.  I am not even 30 yet what the heck?!
Why can doctors not cure this for me, I have to do all this research and sort it out for myself.?!  

I'm gonna keep my sleep apnea study.  I am going to work on destressing my life.  I am gonna continue steam tricks and other sinus home remedies.  I am going to beat this thing damn it!
Did you ever beat it? Did they find out what it was? I'm dealing with the same exact thing
please help me anyone. I don't think I can live with the Fog one more damn day.
Lady's I have dealt with all this and then some ......since I was 21 and now 29 and have been on disablilty .

I have been digx. with fibromyalgia, chronic fat. anxiety , depression, sinus.  But one of the main thing for me that PULLS all this mess together is THYROID HORMONES , and just all the other HORMONES!!
How many men do you see posting here ??????

From what I have read and researched these past 8 years is , my thyroid can cause alot of problems if it is not right ...and getting the right hel;p for it is very hard sometimes BECAUSE the levels they test for may not be right for you some people need more thyroid meds some people need less , but they want to treat everybody the same . My thyroid grew a nodule , and a goiter . And my BODy went all to H*LL, but my blood results were always borderline so ....there is alot of details I wont go into but ...in thyroid world we call the fuzzyness BRAIN FOG, got to about.com and go to the thyroid forum alot of help there !!!!Even if thyroid is not your problem . And this forum is great also knowing your are not the only one can do alot for your peace of mind and sanity !!!

GET your thyroids checked and get copy of your results , always get your results on paper never let a dr. just tell you because they miss stuff . Keep your own file of your blood results !!!!!!!
I am so happy I found this site. I too have been experiencing these feelings of fogginess, off balance, and sinus pressure. I've been to a bunch of doctors too and all my tests come back good. I was beginning to think I was crazy. I've been feeling this way for the past three months and it interferes with work and school. Especially work because I'm on my feet a lot. I even slowed down on going out with my friends because of the fear of getting those feelings. I've resorted to prayer. With man it is impossible but with God, all things are possible. Since I can't do anything by worrying, I'm just going to leave it in the hands of God. HIs word says, by his stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5). He is not a man that he should lie (Nmbers 23:19). So lets us exercise our faith and take him at his word and see what happens!!!
I agree with all of you. I have had these symptoms for about a year now and nothing works. I really thought I had sinus problems, and maybe still do, but I the feeling I get especially when I am in public is hard to describe. I really don't enjoy doing anything I used to enjoy, which is sad, because until I felt like this, I was very active and happy. Some days are better then others, but on my bad days, I have pressure around both eyes, a foggy feeling and tiredness. It's so frustrating. Thanks for this site and your own personal stories. Just knowing others are feeling like me, makes it alittle easier to get through the day. I really wish I knew what this is though, because I don't think I can manage much longer.
Found this site by accident looking for answers to what I'm going through....and I'm feeling what you all describe as 'The Fog' My partner thinks I'm ready for the crazy house, and the doctors too!.. got bad chest infection six weeks ago and went off my head.suffered panic attacks, shakes, crying, confusion, tought l had brain tumor. previous to this infection l was a strong, working mother of two and superwoman. all bloods came back perfect. put on zanax and hate the false happiness it gives me.
Your personal stories made me laugh and cry, laughter is the best meds. if you want your friend and family to understand you then let them read this forum and see for themselfs what we all  have to suffer through every day... good luck everyone XXX
Did you ever find relief? I'm feeling the same exact way and am scared
I love how dr's assume everything is anxiety. Dr's use this dx when they are clueless as to what the real issues are.

I have every symtpom all of you have. Had them for years. I've been to TOO many dr's to mention. None of them could ever figure out what I had. They told me it was anxiety.

Well found out I had lyme disease. Google some of the symptoms and many of you may have the answers you are looking for.

And yes, yeast (candida) also mimics many other illnesses. Especially anxiety.

good luck all. I feel your pain
How did they find out you had Lyme disease?
Oh and also to add, I irrigate my sinuses with salt and oil or oregano, The oil is a natural antibacterial/fungal and works like a charm.
It takes the infections out of the sinus cavity and makes you feel better within minutes.
i'm 30yrs. old.  I've had symptoms on and off for 8 years now.  i've had 2 mri's of the brain.  last one 2 years ago.  clean.  I'm now experiencing foggy head, balance problem, and i can feel my pulse behind my eyes.  it's taking over my thoughts and i've recently tried to chalk it up to anxiety.  years ago the side of my face went numb, i've had numb sensation in my arms before, tremors, balance, dizziness, cloudy head, ALL ANXIETY??  the bouts usually last about 3 months and settle.  now seeing a ear, nose, throat doctor and will be tested next week for hearing.  should i demand another mri if my symptoms persist?  
I just wanted to say thank you all for posting. while my problems with dizziness, fatigue, foggy head, sinus pressure, rapid heartrate have not been diagnosed...it helps to hear all of your testimonies. I don't know how many hours i've spent online trying to figure out what it is, but i concluded myself that it was my sinus problems mixing with anxiety. i still plan on having it checked but every time so far they have told me sinus infection...after the umteenth round of antibiotics i started to search for different answers...thanks again
Just got back from a seminar on these "mysterious symptoms" so many of us have.   I learned that the five most common symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are:

1. skin itch/rash/flushing/burning, and/or tingling
2. confusion/poor concentration, and/or memory loss
3. fatigue and weakness
4. headache
5. chest pain and heart problems

Less commonly reported symptoms include:

- nausea
- panic attacks
- insomnia
- seizures
- ear pain/ringing in the ears
- feeling a vibration
- paralysis
- dizziness

Carol.
My symptoms:
Mild dizzyness and spaced out feeling that disappears if I become distracted from it. Slightly blurred vision, although this has nothing to do with a decline in my sight capability as i have had an eye test. Also, I seem to be yawning a heck of a lot and my heartbeat races every now and again, especially when i worry constantly about what could be wrong with me!
Please help!!
Hi- I think I can help. I have had all the symptoms:extreme vertigo, painful debilitaing headaches, ringing in the ears, visual blackouts, foggy feeling, forgetfulness/confusion, vomiting/nausea...triggered by a rise in barometric pressure.  It started in '95 with a sinus infection, lasted a year, came back in 2000 and then 2005. Each time "it" came back in a slightly different form. I went through the tests, multiple Drs and an herbologist and FINALLY know what's going on:
In 95 I was diagnosed with a condition called PSEUDOTUMOR CEREBRI -which literally means false tumor. I had all the symptoms of a tumor w/o actually having one. It was caused by excessive spinal fluid on my optic nerve. I had to have a spinal tap to remove the fluid.
In 2000 I was diagnosed with MENIERE'S DISEASE, triggered by some sort of inner ear problem, which caused the extreme vertigo and hearing loss (temporary-thank God). In '05 I was diagnosed with MIGRAINES (nausea/vomiting) that were most prevalent before it rained or snowed.
These were all occuring concurrently but it took 10 years and countless tests and Drs to explain why I kept getting sick.
I am currently symptom free.I am monitored by a Neurologist and Opthamologist every 6 months. My meds have included Diamox for the pseudotumor, Topomax for the migraines, Meclizine for the nausea and a painkiller for the headaches. Today I am just on a maintenance dose of Diamox and the occasional advil. Now I am so in tuned with my body that I can usually tell when it's starting up (from changes in my vision-headaches) and I get in to my Opthamologist immediately. Please don't give up. You are not crazy! Help is out there. But just know that many Drs don't believe in Meniere's, and Pseudotumor is relatively rare/unheard of by the average Doc, so inform yourself. Good luck to you all and I hope you start feeling better real soon.    
Hey Guys...My whole family deals with these same symptoms everyone is talking about. We all have learned to control it by controlling our blood sugar--hard to do at first, but when you do it feels soooooooooooo good! By the way, stress and anxiety impact your blood sugar levels since the adrenal response is closely tied with blood sugar levels. Getting stress under control and going on the carb cleanse then slowly working up into whole grain, complex carbs with lots of protein, green veggies, vitamin B, and 8 hours of sleep keeps my whole family running. When one of us get "out of whack" we all now how to "intervene".... My symptoms can mimick being drunk, having ADHD, stomach problems, FATIGUE, irritability, anxiety, heart palpitations, headache, etc....

You have to try it to believe it!!!!
I just happened to find this forum and have been experiencing almost all of your symptoms since January of this year, all on the heels of a very stressful year and the only thing that has made sense to me is that I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue.  If you look it up on the internet, you can find a lot of information as well as an in depth questionnaire that can give you an idea if you have adrenal fatigue.  The symptoms are weird (including dizziness).  I too have the sinus pressure, constantly.  Anyway, check it out.  I too was just handed antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications by my doc, they don't recognize adrenal fatigue for some reason.  Face it, God never meant for us to lead the stressful lives we lead, that stress and caffeine really pull on our adrenal glands until they are virtually useless.  Hope this helps at least one person.  There is a very helpful book on Adrenal Fatigue called "Adrenal Fatigue, the 21st Century Stress Syndrome" and the good thing is that you can recover w/vitamins - change in diet, exercise and lifestyle.  I am only halfway through the book now, but it is already helping me.  One more thing, the book says an sinus infection can (along with other factors) lead to adrenal fatigue and adrenal fatige intensifies sinues infections and allergies.  I am already on a form of Vitamin C made specically for the adrenal glands that boosts my energy like I never thought possible.  
I posted a comment the other day about Adrenal fatigue which is certainly worth looking into as many people have it due to stressful lifestyles, diet etc.  But there was an earlier post that caught my attention and I looked into it - systemic candidiasis.  With all of the symptoms that most of you list and that I myself have, this seems to be the most likely cause.  Not sure if we are supposed to list products on here, hopefully I am not doing anything wrong, but many websites list different herbs to treat yeast overgrowth, and I found a product that contains all of the herbs - it is by Natures Sunshine Products and is called Yeast/Fungal Detox.  I took it a few years ago w/great success (can't believe I forgot about it) and just started it again yesterday.  Here's hoping because I would love to get rid of the feeling of constantly being off balance, headaches, ear and sinus pressure, congestion and the list goes on.  I also developed a yeast infection w/o using antibiotics which never happens to me.  Anyway, hope this helps someone!  Oh yeah, definitely take a good quality probiotic along with the detox.
Pardon me for not reading all of the thread...so if this has been mentioned, disregard...
has anyone here been monitoring their blood sugar levels? All of the symptoms you all have listed (or the ones I'd read, anyway) can be indicative of hypoglycemia, and/ or insulin resistance...You don't have to be overweight or diabetic to experience this...Most that have it eat "white foods" (eg. white flour, white bread, pasta, white sugar, etc.) and lower fat as the bulk of their diets...it is also known (when it gets bad) as reactive hypoglycemia (pancreas gets too excited and puts out too much insulin for the amount of food taken in)...the "crash" can happen up to 12 hrs after a heavy meal...(Eg. 4th of July pig out!) The constant imbalance leaves the door open for overgrowth of yeast in the body, and can lead to all sorts of bad "juju"...By the way, even though the medical books say so, the number for hypoglycemia is not the same for everyone..For example, the normal blood sugar level (from a finger poke) is 80-120 mg/dl, but for some they would have bad symptoms at 80, and there's some that can be at 30 and just have a headache and slight dizziness...Good luck everyone....
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.