Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness AFTER pregnancy..whats the problem

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have also had dizziness since after I had my son 9 months ago. I have been given anti-depressants with the doctors thinking it may be a part of post partum depression and it didn't work. I quit taking them b/c I felt I didn't need them so I shouldn't be taking them (they actually made me more depressed). They too thought it was maybe anxiety were it was found not to be. They also had thought it was my inner ear and they sent me to and ENT (Ear nose and throat) doctor in which he has not yet to find anything either. All I know is that I had absolutely nothing wrong with me before and my pregnancy was perfectly normal. The day I left the hospital I started having this dizziness and I have it everyday a couple times a day since. I too stay home way more often and I am sad b/c I don't ever feel good and I feel like I am missing out on my sons life and enjoying life with my fiance as well. We are getting married in 5 months and I am hoping to feel better by then. I just had my 21st b-day and didn't even drink a beer and never do b/c I feel dizzy all the time, and deff don't wanna feel that way any more than I have too. I can't enjoy myself anymore and I just wish they would find out what this was. Having my son is supposed to be one of the best parts of my life and I can't enjoy it. I am scared. Hopefully they will find this and we can get back to living our "normal" lives. Thanks for listening. This really helps, and though I am sorry you are all having this problem I am glad to know I am not the only one. If anyone has found anything out or has any kind of solution please share. I am almost willing to try anything.

This discussion is related to Chronic dizziness after having a baby?.
Avatar dr m tn
The three commonest causes of the mentioned problem of dizziness are anaemia in which the haemoglobin levels are low and this commonly happens post pregnancy and the treatment consists of hematinics which contain iron/folic acid. The dizziness can possibly be due labyrinthitis, in which there’s an inflammation of the inner ear structure which is responsible for maintaining balance. Thankfully, you don’t have an ear problem. The dizziness can also be due to low blood pressure and thus please ensure your blood pressure is okay and indeed if its on the lower side, one needs to consume more salt. Honestly speaking, it’s very difficult to make an online diagnosis and thus for the same please do consult a physician. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
A related discussion, Dizziness After having baby 6 months ago was started.