Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness accompanied by feeling of rapid eye movement and general body...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizziness accompanied by feeling of rapid eye movement and general body ache

Last night, I was laying in bed watching TV and all of a sudden, I felt a wave of dizziness hit me and my whole body suddenly got really uncomfortable feeling.. kind of prickly and weak. About a minute later, I started feeling like what seemed to be rapid eye movements and had trouble focusing. It lasted about a minute, then the feeling of eye movments went away and about a few minutes after that the dizziness stopped. I was fine after. Today I had a pretty bad headache and body ache but that's all. Does anyone know what's going on?
You may want to ask your doctor to schedule an EEG to check for seizure activity. A type of seizure called Partial Complex Seizure can explain this. Some people have them and not even know it. A lot of times they are caused by fever or a head injury. Sometimes there is no explanation as to why these happen. I have had Epilepsy for 37 yrs, I have the convulsion type seizures but I am also firmiliar with the Partial Complex Seizures as well. Hope ya get an answer soon, and feel better. Take care.
I actually do not know what it is but I also get it from time to time.  I think it is just being overly tired.  The eye movement I get even more and it is usually when I have been looking at something for a long time or maybe straining my eyes.  It happens when I watch tv also or read.
From your symptoms BPPV( benign positional paroxysmal vertigo) is an important possibility to be ruled out. In this vertigo is caused when small particles fall loose in labyrinth[present inside inner ear],these particles move inside ear and causes vertigo as middle ear is organ of balance in body. This causes dizziness and vertigo when moving the eyes.
Various inner ear diseases like labrynthitis, infections, fluid build up, meniere’s disease or tumors like acoustic neuroma can lead to such symptoms. A confirmatory diagnosis can only be made after examination and investigations like hearing tests,audiometry, electronystagmography, x- rays, computed tomography scan (CT scan), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).Please consult an ENT specialist for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.