Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness and Pain Behind My Right Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizziness and Pain Behind My Right Ear

I guess I'll explain from the start.  So about 4 years ago I started to get this pain behind my right ear ... its best described as a nagging pain (not the way a headache would feel) ... kind of like a throbbing pressure.  So I got to the doctor and he's like oh its scalpal or oh its probably an ear infection heres antibiotics (4 years later its still here).  So two years ago I start to notice that my hearing in my right ear is much more sensitive now ... like lets put it this way when I sing, my right ear is so sensitive to the noise ... or if I listen to music it just sounds like its more in my ear than my left ear.  Two years ago I had a CT done because of the "headaches" and they didn't see anything (but I had braces at that time so who knows if it distorted the view).  And now, last July, I wake up one day and I was extremely dizzy ... vertigo all over the place falling all over myself.  It is now eight months later and I still have the vertigo.  Going to the doctor he said that it was benign positional vertigo (I get it when I roll over in bed to my right side or bend my head upwards) etc.  But eight months now and it hasn't gone away???  This is just really all too weird for me.  I went to the doctor yesterday and we are going to do a MRI to see if there is anything else going on.  If that's normal then we're going to do balance therapy to see if we can eliminate the BPV.  I just can't help but feel that all the symptoms I'm describing are related.  The sensitive hearing, the vertigo on that side, the pain behind my ear (he said that was tmj). Can anyone help? Thanks
Have you been to an ENT? Ear problems can cause vertigo, although I would only expect an inner ear problem to do that. Have you had your ears flushed? I have some friends that are into natural medicine, and they did something called an ear candle. You can get it at a homeopathic store I think. I'm not normally a fan of homeopathy, but I doubt this could mke things any worse.
Hi, Try looking at menieres on the web . Its an inner ear condition which can be sporadic but it does cause hearing problems, very bad vertigo and can cause pain. basically its to do with inner ear fluids. Hope this is of some use.
i had the same thing a few years ago, and my dr told me it was tmj.  I didnt believe him and he said to stop eating hard pretzels which i was eating everday and pretzels and stop chewing gum.  Well, i love gum!!!!  But i did stop.  I chew only on weekends, haha.  i did stop eating hard and chewy things and honestly, i rarely get the ear pain.  it was so bad i would cry and couldnt even hold a phone to my ear.  I wish you well.
A related discussion, Pain behind right ear and giddiness was started.