Dizziness when I get up or after running.
Okay well my name is Will and I have been a vegetarian for 2 years now. I plan on being a firefighter, so I'm doing a lot of cardio type activities to get in shape. After running I get so lightheaded and can't continue. Also if I get up too quick I will feel lightheaded and have to take a knee until it passes. I went to the doctor and he said I wasn't getting enough b vitamins so I take a b vitamin complex every morning. The problem still pursisted so I did some research and found low iron can cause dizziness as well. So I started taking Iron vitamins. Still just as bad. I need help!
thank you
-Will
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Dizziness after exercising or running can be due to over exercising, anemia, heart problems, low or high blood pressure or due to hypoglycemia. These can also cause dizziness with change in position. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all these points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A little birdy landed on my shoulder and said "iron deficiency anemia!".

This is very common with veggy people. No meat = no iron for red blood cells.

You need to go to a chancre-mechanic and request a hematocrit.

Males run about 46.

If I was in Las Vegas I'll bet yours is around 33.

But as my sweety-pie Drnee stated, a comprehensive investigation is required.

Are you getting enough fluids? sometimes this can be an issue with such an active person. some people don't drink as half enough as they should when they're very active and this can cause lightheadedness and dizziness, also another cause could be low BP.. jeeze it could be a number of things really.. just make sure you keep hydrated and eat enough, and i would get this looked into, it's not worth letting this get worse, i'd hate to see something horrible happen. Please take care. Sincerely, Elizabeth