Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizziness

Lately I have been getting dizzy while I am sitting down. I can be sitting in one spot for a while and all of a sudden I get blurry vision and a dizzy feeling. I never blacked out or fainted while sitting, it's just a dizzy feeling and it doesn't last a long time. I also haven't got this feeling while standing or walking. I think this is rather wierd. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!
1 Comment
I was dizzy for 2 years and I finally found out that I have Migraine and Vertigo. I rarely have headaches, mainly dizziness and foggy feeling. I ended up going to a doctor that my ENT sent me to. It was a clinic for hearing & balance. They did an "audio VNG". It is about a 2 hour long series of tests that can narrow down the reasons for the dizziness. It will check for inner ear problems, etc. The tests are pretty intense and make you dizzy on purpose while they put goggles on your eyes that have cameras inside. The reaction can tell them all kinds of different things. They gave me a diet plan for migraines which seems to help and I don't need medication. They told me try it for 4-6 weeks and if it doesn't work they will prescribe me migraine medicine.

I would definitely suggest that you request an Audio VNG from an ENT. It narrows down most dizziness causes.

I hope this helps. If you want a copy of my diet plan to try or any more information, I would be more than happy to give it to you.