Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizzy, Weak, Tired, Off Balance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizzy, Weak, Tired, Off Balance

Hi im a 19 year old female. For over a month now ive been having a lot of weird symptoms. I have been dizzy and very off balance. I sometimes have a bad headache too. Also lately ive been very tired and weak all day no matter how much i sleep. I went to the doctor many times, I had a CAT scan thyroid test urine test all blood tests and EKG which were all normal. Also im not anemic. ANy ideas what could be causing this ?
Tags: dizzy, gravis, test
myesthenia gravis?
Wouldnt that have shown up on the CAT scan?
Given your age, it is far more likely to be mono, pregnancy, inner ear problems, or electrolyte imbalance. There are literally dozens and dozens of conditions that can cause your symptoms. The serious ones come with a host of other symptoms. I see nothing to in your description to worry yourself about myasthenia gravis or anything as serious as that. I do not mean to play down your sypmtoms; no one should feel poorly every day. Nor do I want to play dpwn anyone's attempt to help you. I just don't want you to spend time worrying about debilitating diseases before the more benign, more likely ones are ruled out. A doctor once said to look for horses before you look for zebras (or something like that), meaning it's morelikely to be something common than something exotic. Take care and get back to the doc.

Penn
  You should get copies of your lab work. It would be great to keep a home file for yourself and to also see what you have actually been tested for.
  Like pennstar said above it sounds more like a virus or an inner ear problem.  If your current doctor won't listen and take you seriously then you need to seek out another one.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

good luck
hi, i was just reading your post about being unwell, i,am 22 and i have the exact same symtoms (symptoms), and have been feeling crappy for a month all so. just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of it?? thanks ben
im feeling very dizzy and i can barely walk straight and very weak also im coughing alot i dont know what is going on. Do i have the flue? Or do i just have a cold?
or anything else?

Hi I'm a 19 years old female, and I' ve had the exact same symptoms for a year now, the only time they stop is about a month ago when I actually got a mono, and now that it's gone ( the blood test are showing it ), all the symptoms are back. The only time this year when the symptoms actually stoped was when I had my mono. I didn't have any symptoms of a mono except for swollen glands and I felt better then ever in this year... I was tested for : mono, pregnancy, inner ear problems, or electrolyte imbalance but everything seems normal. So it's now been a year, I saw 3 doctors and they are now saying that it's all in my head... please tell me then found what you have !
Since you are so young - could it be a hormone imbalance?  Did you check out your thyroid?  Lyme disease?  It is tough to find an answer to such vague symptoms.  Don't give up - you WILL find an answer!!!
Hi, my name is Sharon, I'm 26 years old, for the past month, I've been experiencing the exact same symptoms. I'm always tired. I find myself sleeping more than usual and still cant seem to shake being tired. I'm weak, I feel drained. I'm not as outgoing as I used to be. It takes a lot of strength just to get out of bed, or completing simple tasks such as errands. I also have headaches. I've never felt like this before, and Honestly, I'M SCARED. I set up an appointment to have a physical, sept 1, 2009. I've been depressed, so I havent been eating as much or as I should in regards to healthy meals. I dont take vitamins. I dont know if my body's crashing or if it's something much more serious. I dont drink a lot of water, could it be dehydration? Please help, if anyone has a clue of what could be going on.