UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Dizzy, nausea, diarrhea, cold chills, shaking, all at the same time ?
by Joann091, Dec 05, 2005
Since May I have been having severe dizzy or lightheaded feeling like I will pass out, but I don't. Combined with being extremely nauseas and very bad diarrhea. It comes out of nowhere. I could just be sitting at work and an episode will happen. It seems so hard to explain what is happening. First, I will feel a bit dizzy and nauseas, then I will have to run to the bathroom because the diarrhea hits me and I feel like while I'm going to the bathroom I will pass out, then the nausea and dizziness with cold chillls and then I am hot so I have to take the sweater off that I put on because I was cold. I am 30 years old and I have a mild case of lupus that has been under control with plaquinil over the past ten years. My Obgyn took me off of birth control pills in August because she thought that was what was causing this, but I still have the episodes and they are getting closer and closer together. I had an MRA and MRI in September that both came back normal. My neurologist has put me on neurontin three times a day, but that isn't helping either. I can not funtion my normal like and every time it goes away I hope it's for good, but then it comes back and I can not figure out why. I am not drinking any alcohol either.  Please give me some advice because I am tired of missing work and time with my family. Thank you.
Member Comments (280)
by ozark, Dec 05, 2005
have you had a cardiac work up...some of those symptoms may be related to an arrythmia.........good luck
by MLWTR, Dec 06, 2005
Perhaps carcinoid syndrome?
by Di5t0rted, Dec 20, 2005
Hello.
I was passing through this forum in a search for medical help myself when I found your post.

I have been suffering from the same symptoms myself since the beginning of this year. I havn't felt alright in months.

I have been for numerous checks, doctors declaring IBS, testing for endometriosis (family history) and putting me on Yasmin (a contraseptive pill which will apparently stop symptoms.)
This is because what I have noticed is that my symptoms, although constant, appear to worsen to great heaights during my menstrual cycle.
I wondered if you have this same problem?

Like you my outbursts are frequent, yet random including a feeling of acidity, nausea, diarroea, lethargy, trembling and cold sweats.

Although obviously at work it is difficult, i find that inhaling with herbal oils (put a few drops in hot water, place a towel over your head over the bowl,) baths, massage and cutting wheat out of my diet helps immensely to sooth these symptoms.

Hope this was some help to you.
by Joann091, Dec 20, 2005
Thank you for your comment.  I will try to cut wheat out of my diet. The scary thing is I have been buying wheat bread for the longest time.  I will have to break that habbit.  I have had oils that my Mother gave me two years for my Birthday.  I think it's time to take the time to read that over.  I have also started to see a chiropractor.  I went yesterday and today I already feel some relief.  I have an EDG test scheduled in January and I'm still waiting to hear back from my Doctor on the catscan of my abdomen. A friend of mine gave me an early present and it's a book called, Ultra Prevention.  It seems interesting so far and it talks about alternative medicine, which I am willing to try since none of the medications seem to work and the Doctors can't give me an answer. My father just returned from the mayo clinic and they gave him a low residue diet to follow. That has been helping him with his digestive issues.  Thank you for your time and information. Joann
by momreda, Jan 12, 2006
I have been having the same problems since I was 15. Usually it happens within a week of my period. It is horrible and honestly the first time I thought I was dying. I thought maybe it was Toxic shock syndrome but when I brought it up to my Dr. I was told that this is not the case. I was sent for testing of my colon, stomach, have had MRI etc. No one knows what is causing it and until today I never knew anyone else had experienced it. I can now tell when an episode is coming so I automatically strip down get two washclothes  wet with cold water grab the trash can to sit in front of me and get through the 20 minute ordeal that absolutely drains me. If anyone has figured it out please let me know. I would love to find a treatment.
by Joann091, Jan 20, 2006
Now I have had more tests done, with the same results, NORMAL!  Ok, the chiropractor visits honestly must be helping me. I am still going to have the endoscopy of my stomach next Wednesday so I will see if that comes back normal too.  It seems that the more people I talk to about my symptoms, they think it is anxiety. Now my Doctor would like to put me on effexor, and I just don't know about taking an antideppressant when I'm not depressed, side effects seem so bad.  My chiropractor has given me a naturopathy doctors card. He said that maybe I can start taking some vitamis that may help me.  I am so tired of feeling this way I am willing to try it. I was having really bad chest pains last week, xray came back fine so that's why my family doc thinks it's panic attacks or anxiety. It seems that may be correct since I have worried about everything under the sun my entire life. Last year I got married, bought a house, and became a step mom all within two months!  Guess when all of my symptoms started, May, the wedding was in June, house purchase in April, oh and I turned 30 in April too.  Maybe all of this was too much for me at once, but it was kind of delayed symptoms if that makes sense?  I would love to take the effexor and be done with it, but something inside of me is saying to try the natural herbal way first. Stress can kill people way before their time and I'm way to happy with my life (except for my health) so I want to be here for a while. This website is helpful.  It was so hard for me to trust the chiropractor, I wanted to stop after the first week, but he has made a huge difference!  Keep me updated on you too!  Thanks,
Joann
by jojo_cute, Feb 22, 2006
Hi ,
well i am a happy person , great health conditions , i eat well , excercise regurally.

But lately i had a panic attack (i think) suddenly , it came to me like this , strong dizzy feeling , heart beating , left hand shaking , trembling , sweating , feeling like i am going to die , or fall apart.

So after 6 hours all these symptoms are gone except one think dizziness , it's been fallowing me for a week , all the day i feel dizzy , i feel my body is weak , need lots of sleep , i can't stand up , i can't focus on anything either concentrate.
i am 23 years old , when i drive i fell that i wanna go home as fast as i can.

So i have no idea why that happened suddenly , and that is affecting my life.

Joe
by j_z, Mar 02, 2006
Joann91 I had the same problems.  They started when I was stressed out.  It turned out is was Celiac Disease, parasites, lactose intolerance and bacterial overgowth.  Parasites  are hard to diagnose, but you can do an herbal remedi to get rid of the parasites, just make sure it is gluten free.  Also don't just cut out wheat cut out gluten which is found in a lot of things.  This means only rice or tapioca bread.  Also may condiments contain gluten.  Go basic.  Eat unprocessed foods, and take a probiotic.  You can try and cut dairy out for a while, you can even test for lactose intolerance. Also you may have an allergy to another food, which can do all the things you are talking about.  Some food allergies to can be tested for.  You can also be tested for celiac disease.  Oh, you can also be tested for bacterial overgowth it is the same process as being tested for lactose intolerance, it is a breath test.  I hope this helps.

If the chiropractor is helping you may have a problem with your muscles.  It isn't anxiety.   Don't listen to them and switch doctors.  That is what they told me, but I kept going to different doctors until I found someone to listen to me.  Turns out I had ligitimate problems and I am doing much better now, but because I had my problems for so long I won't be better until I finish physical therapy.  

To comment on the period thing, it could be endometriosis which would cause these symptoms to worsen around your period.

JoJo_Cute go to the doctor immediately.  These are severe symptoms which can be indicative of other series problems.  Better to be safe then sorry especailly since they came out of no where.  

Oh, last thing don't take medication just to take it.  I took medication that made things much worse and then they gave me medication to help those symptoms and things got worse.  I was visiting a friend and didn't remember to take everything and I felt better.  Turns out it was the medication that was hurting me.  

You know yourself better than anyone else.  Do what you think is right and don't take bad answers.  Get second and third opinions.
by wastedpro29, Mar 16, 2006
my name is christina, i live in vermont.  I am 29 yrs old.  I just wanted to say that for the last 3-4 days, i have been extremely dizzy, nausous, diahrrea just wont stop, and chills really bad.  I have read the forums and i am on effexor, have been for a long time, and trust me it doesnt help these symptoms.  I am really worried.  I dont eat alot of wheat and i know that i dont drink that much milk.  I have a doctor's appt today, so if i find out anything i will let everyone know.  I dont think that it would have anything to do with the water, i have my own well.  i dont know. just wanted to throw the EFFEXOR in there. thanks christina